Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #61
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Hardly lack lustre sales when you consider the record July the industry had in 2007. If that's the way you look at it then VE should be slaughtering VZ sales and it's not.
It's a whole lot more complex than just comparing numbers.
What was the record for?

Perhaps per unit, Ford make more profit when you compare development costs compared to the Commy, I don't know. The VE held its own for quite a number of months over the VZ but has since tapered off dramatically. Just goes to show, the better product on the market doesn't necessarily translate into the better selling product...

I doubt Ford corporate are particularly happy with the results on the back of a new release. I guess time will tell.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #62
RATT
In a Pug..

Hi Rod,
The way I see it is that the market has dramatically changed in the last 2 years. The figures are the result of this changing trend. Toyota are riding a wave of great perception, and rightly so. Ford and Holden for that matter, make the best value sedans in the world bar none, and this will hopefully help provide better results.
RATT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #63
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Hi Rod,
The way I see it is that the market has dramatically changed in the last 2 years. The figures are the result of this changing trend. Toyota are riding a wave of great perception, and rightly so. Ford and Holden for that matter, make the best value sedans in the world bar none, and this will hopefully help provide better results.
With fuel prices being what they are, if they continue to rise then motoring will cease to become a pasttime for many. I enjoy my driving and was offered a significant pa saving if I was to choose a company supplied Aurion.

I chose, instead, to buy a Volkswagen. Enough said.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 12:39 AM   #64
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndec
Also, where did Holden find 864 hairdressers to buy a VE Ute??
That's hilarious mate. I nearly sprayed my cuppa all over the laptop when I read that. That'll teach me to drink and read!

I can't believe the amount of Prado's & Landcruiser's that Toyota manage to sell.
Those Prado's need to be banned off the road Most of the ones I see every day are the big petrol sucking variety with the typical 'Mum & the kids' in them.

It's amazing how many 4wd/SUV type vehicles are still selling compared to smaller cars.

Good to see Ford doing better than most of the others. Honda has certainly taken a smashing.

That's it for me.
BFZ Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #65
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't the Barina a real piece of imported crap? If so I can't believe its sales compared to Fiesta. Unless I am missing something, its a good case in point for the best product not necessarily gaining the most sales.
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #66
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockel
Isn't the Barina a real piece of imported crap? If so I can't believe its sales compared to Fiesta. Unless I am missing something, its a good case in point for the best product not necessarily gaining the most sales.
The trend that's going on these days is that people reckon all superminis are the same so they think "why get the more expensive Fiesta or Polo or Punto when you can get cheaper ones like Savvy, Getz and Kalos/Barina".

It's sad but true.

EDIT :- maybe those Barina owners are immortal, so having a 2-star safety rating car doesnt bother them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCAoeFgiiWE

Last edited by Ives; 09-08-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #67
MitchG

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockel
Because to most 18 year old chicks fords suck & holdens rule...the fiesta is just not as cool as the daewoo barina...
MitchG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #68
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh man thats really bad, I didn't really know which model Barina I was talking about and after having watched that video 3 (YES 3!) young female friends of mine have bought that car recently... :

I am so annoyed that they didn't ask my advice now or anyone that knows anything about cars, one of them does not live with her dad, another has no dad and the other also has no dad.

Scary to compare that Barina vid to the FG one.
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #69
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_190
Gee Nissan aren't really doing that well, If it weren't for their new Models (Dualis and Micra) I wouldn't think they would of made a positive. Maxima deserves more sales, is a better car then Aurion in my opinion, strange to see that they sold more Patrol utes than Wagons
no surprise with the ute ,toyota refuse to put air bag in passenger side ,a site requirement now .near all our cruisers are gone ,patrol is the replacement in the mining industry that is
Old 09-08-2008, 10:58 PM   #70
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchG
Because to most 18 year old chicks fords suck & holdens rule...the fiesta is just not as cool as the daewoo barina...
True..imo similar scenario as to why Crappodore outsells Falcon..perception.

The old man is a typical Joe blow when it comes to cars and he thinks Ford are stuffed, purely from media perception...i feel like kickboxing him to the head but you just can't
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2008, 11:49 PM   #71
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapeworm
....The old man is a typical Joe blow when it comes to cars and he thinks Ford are stuffed, purely from media perception...i feel like kickboxing him to the head but you just can't
You hoping the head knock will drop a few points off his IQ ?
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:56 AM   #72
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
You hoping the head knock will drop a few points off his IQ ?
No...he's hoping it will knock a few into him.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post