Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-07-2007, 12:27 PM   #61
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A chick that i work with has a goldy bronzy color coralla sedan and she has the love heart exhaust tips on it. They look wrong to begin with but they also hang under the bumper as there is no cutout in the bumper for them
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #62
jarridtheruler
I wish I was offshore....

A while ago now i saw one of them B&S style utes, complete with bullbar, spotlights, rollbars, huge mudflaps and heaps of stickers. It had a big sticker on the back saying 'No, its not my boyfriends car.' And a guy was driving! It was probably his girl friends, but still, we all cracked up.
jarridtheruler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #63
jodi
Starter Motor

Well i hate that there is so much anger over all this i have plates that tell people my car is a chicks car and each to their own i say. the reason is that there is so many guys out there who question if it is your BF's car and after a while this gets a bit annoying it's like they think they are the only people in this world who are capable of driving a nice V8 and it's about time women made a stand i say
jodi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 01:00 PM   #64
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

i see a dude driving a gt with plates GTGIRL in my area..

have also seen that excel/accent with the plates AXL2NV, its a shttr.
Old 31-07-2007, 03:59 AM   #65
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi
Well i hate that there is so much anger over all this i have plates that tell people my car is a chicks car and each to their own i say. the reason is that there is so many guys out there who question if it is your BF's car and after a while this gets a bit annoying it's like they think they are the only people in this world who are capable of driving a nice V8 and it's about time women made a stand i say
And what are your plates...????...Hey take a chill pill, there are plenty of male tools out there also....

Off subject last time I saw XR-ENVI (With female driver..) as i was cruzing to work...she screamed past at the speed of light......

Last edited by nhanst; 31-07-2007 at 04:05 AM.
AMT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 05:03 AM   #66
kpcart
Banned

i cants stand p plate girls with playboy stickers and custom plates. they drive like arrogant mad cows. theres one near my place, number plate 'grl2envy' or some rubbish, on a crappy lancer.

Aussie girls are too masculane these days, moving into the car culture etc. to me its a total turn off, very unattractive.

theres too many young girls these days causing trouble on the road, you can tell by there attitude, Typical scenario: red light coming up, you slow down in left lane. idiot girl with custom plates behind you is in some sort of a race inside her dumb head and just needs to change lanes to park in the right lane at lights thinking thats the fastest way to the end of the rainbow. you look over at her, but shes too proud look at you, and just blows a ciggy with her right arm leaning out the window, then she floors the throttle when light goes green... in her -weak lancer thinking shes king of the road, so you play with her, make her think shes winning her race, then floor it for a second in your big ford to bring her back down to earth. next lights, shes parked behind you. A lot of Girls these days are fearless inside their cars, but you can still bring them to tears outside of there cars, when you give them a mouthful about their driving, and ask them what are you trying to prove with your plates.
A 16yr old blonde died in a car drag racing at 160km/h on public roads a few days ago here in WA. a few days earlier, she had rolled a car she was driving. I have no sympathy for idiots like that, and every other idiot who follows the illegal speeding culture. I just feel sorry for the parents, who have to deal with the trauma caused by this culture of young people in powerful/fast cars.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 09:46 AM   #67
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanst
Off subject last time I saw XR-ENVI (With female driver..) as i was cruzing to work...she screamed past at the speed of light......
You must have been stuck in second? :
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #68
Eb Barbie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas
you forgot the pink hyundi with barbie7 plates
Whats wrong with Barbie plates? I was gonna get BAR813=Barbie. Or B4RBIE or along those lines. I dont see the prob in that as its not actually naming yourself after something like Miss VY when thats a car title.
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #69
Eb Barbie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
Aussie girls are too masculane these days, moving into the car culture etc. to me its a total turn off, very unattractive.
Too masculane? Speak for some, not all are. I am far from masculane. I wanted an average size car and ended up with an EB. To me it is a lil masculane so I pinked it up. Doesn't mean Im taking over the car culture because I have an e-series with pink plates etc now does it?
Pete was the one who got me into an e-series. He wanted a gf with a ford, so not all guys think the same Im guessing?
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #70
lush

I had Bite Me Holden Boy (took it off when I moved to Sydney!) on my ute. I wanted soemthing that said it was owned by a female. Being a ute I got to many people assuming it was my boyfriends ute.

:eclipsee_
http://www.lifesnotalwaysbeautiful.blogspot.com/
lush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #71
bingoTE50
Steve

I say go for it girls... More the merrier .... You single guys should welcome it ....

As the Jim Beam Ad says " The Girlfriend"
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #72
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Each to there own, the one thing I find funny is all the young "princesses" with the playboy stickers/seat covers. Do they know what playboy is? do they take there clothes off for money aswell and use these logo's as some sort of promotion?
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #73
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why do chicks care if people think that it is their BFs car? I fail to understand why it's such a big deal.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #74
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

I've got to put my 2cents worth in on this subject. Myself, I've just completed 'cleaning up/doing up' a Valiant station wagon (definitely NOT a chicks car) and took it out to the Mopar drags on Sunday with my boyfriend. Now we were both standing next to it and everyone who came up spoke to him saying 'you don't see them this straight anymore' & 'nice old wagon you have there mate' On every occasion he said 'its my girlfriends car' or 'she's done a good job doing it up hey'. So in this instance me putting a sticker on the back saying 'mine not HIS' or 'done by Me not he' I feel is warranted (I haven't done it yet but am considering it). I would love for someone to come up to me and say hey great job you have done there or nice car... I think that I deserve recognition for what I have accomplished with the wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Why do chicks care if people think that it is their BFs car? I fail to understand why it's such a big deal.
Because, why should we not get recognition for things that we have done in regards to our cars? If you have done something at work and someone else gets recognition for it then wouldn't you say something or would you cop it on the chin every single time?

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #75
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

As much as there are stupid chicks in Excels there are just as many stupid blokes with Lancers with drain pipe exausts and "fully sick subwoofers".

It is true though that an increasing amount of girls are involved in hooning activities probably because insurance companies, the police and the RTA treat them like little angels who would never do anything wrong because they are girls.

One thing I think all girls are guilty of is looking at themselves in the mirror while driving.

Note to car manufacturers: Don't put mirrors in the drivers side sun shade and fix the rearview mirror so it can't be moved in the direction of the driver.

Cheers!
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #76
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I also think placing your birthyear as your plate as a little sad, and I see it too often.
So what would you like seen on a personalised plate if having your birth year is a "little sad"? Whats the problem with it?

I am indifferent about the original thread matter however...

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 02:25 PM   #77
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.J.Tuddy
You must have been stuck in second? :
cos there would be no way i, a girl, would be driving fast. :newangel: its just not possible!!!!!! lol

i remeber that, it was the time the guy in the black XR was showing off in his car, putting the foot down, revving coming right up behind me etc etc, so of course i had to put him in his place!!! and that was with a sick car not even at full throttle!!! Teh car is on a life changing holiday so no more sick car...maybe i should get it resprayed pink at the same time!!! Just so i can prove to everyone that its mine!!! I dotn see the need really
Old 31-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #78
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
my thoughts exactly
Old 31-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #79
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
Because, why should we not get recognition for things that we have done in regards to our cars? If you have done something at work and someone else gets recognition for it then wouldn't you say something or would you cop it on the chin every single time?
I undertstand what you are talking about when you put it that way.

I bet a lot of people think I don't own my car either but I don't particulary care. Only thing I care about is that I indeed own and I enjoy it.

I'm certainly not going to make a point of it though but that's just me ;)
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #80
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
Bit hard to miss hey

I got absolutely nothing to say about that... at all...

Much...
Old 31-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #81
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Quote:
I undertstand what you are talking about when you put it that way.

I bet a lot of people think I don't own my car either but I don't particulary care. Only thing I care about is that I indeed own and I enjoy it.

I'm certainly not going to make a point of it though but that's just me ;)
Okay, so let me put it this way... if you drove your mum around everywhere (because she didn't have a car...just as an example) and every single time someone commented on your car they went up to your mum and said 'nice car you have there'... it wouldn't annoy you in the slightest?

I own and enjoy my cars too... but credit where credit is due...

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #82
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
Okay, so let me put it this way... if you drove your mum around everywhere (because she didn't have a car...just as an example) and every single time someone commented on your car they went up to your mum and said 'nice car you have there'... it wouldn't annoy you in the slightest?

I own and enjoy my cars too... but credit where credit is due...
Why not just respond with "uh, its MY car!" - surely that'd get a better reaction?

Anyway, you can't blame guys for thinking its not the chicks car - most chicks prefer small fartarse (and death trap) hatchbacks. I don't know why this is, maybe someone could enlighten me, but my partner absolutely refuses to drive my Falcon. Kind of shits me because that means I can't go out on the turps and get her to come pick me up

My sister also thinks my Falcon is a big rectangular bogan mobile. Her Corolla is gutless for the record :
Old 31-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #83
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

The best I saw was a black AU Fairlane with nice wheels and MUMMY'S BEAST across the back window.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #84
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
cos there would be no way i, a girl, would be driving fast. :newangel: its just not possible!!!!!! lol
Not on public roads, nope, not you.

You have no objection from me that females speed more then males.
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #85
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanst
I saw this thing on saturday while I was having lunch and allmost threw up..!!! :[/QUOTE]

WOW.....It takes real talent to make a stock VY commo uglier than it already is. Thats called talent (in all the wrong places)
Old 31-07-2007, 06:09 PM   #86
xbcool
dazed&confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalpunk
then in the back window she had a sticker that said 'Bundy Babe'. She wasn't a babe.

couple more bundys and she will be a babe!!

old saying "there aint no ugly people after 10 bundys"

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #87
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
Oh yeah, i better mention that i am a female!!!
Just to avoid any gender wars
Hmmm, a couple of good points there

(sorry, I just had to say it)
Old 31-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #88
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbcool
couple more bundys and she will be a babe!!

old saying "there aint no ugly people after 10 bundys"
Hahaha prior experience has shown me that chicks who enjoy indulging in the old brown fire water are usually pretty um yeah rough.
Old 31-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #89
XR6_BABE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Hahaha prior experience has shown me that chicks who enjoy indulging in the old brown fire water are usually pretty um yeah rough.
Hey what are ya talking about i love my rum & coke i don't get rough i just get horny LOL........
XR6_BABE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #90
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OH NO i just realised that i also drive a station wagon, an EF XR6, i think i better put a sticker on the back just pointing out that i dont have kids, its not a family car!!!