Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #61
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Reminds me of the time someone threw a rock at my car (when I had an EL), came in the drivers side window, and hit the passenger side door trim and just missed my missus at the time.

Never been so wild and I've never ran so fast to try and catch someone and beat the living snot out of them. Probably a good thing I didn't catch them.

It's one of those situations, it's easy to say, rahh rahh you shoulda done this and that and done everything by the books...put in that situation, your animal instincts (read male) usually kick in.

*shrugs*

Seems like it was resolved peacefully anyway.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #62
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Reminds me of the time someone threw a rock at my car (when I had an EL), came in the drivers side window, and hit the passenger side door trim and just missed my missus at the time.

Never been so wild and I've never ran so fast to try and catch someone and beat the living snot out of them. Probably a good thing I didn't catch them.

It's one of those situations, it's easy to say, rahh rahh you shoulda done this and that and done everything by the books...put in that situation, your animal instincts (read male) usually kick in.

*shrugs*

Seems like it was resolved peacefully anyway.

Couldn't agree more.
The adrenaline kicks in and the normal human response is to want justice; RIGHT NOW.
What's worse is when a loved one is affected, we become even more incensed.

I merely described what I remember under Australian law about some of the losers I had to deal with in 90's when their parents wanted to sue for the proverbial "Little Johnny" ostensibly picking a fight with someone bigger than him.
When a client walks out of your office and you laugh after hearing of a 75 year old beating him up because the a-hole wilfully damaged his car; you know it's going to be one of those cases.

But it wasn't just kids either. We had some guys in their 30's and 40's who would do stupid crap like throw rocks, and believe me the mono-syllabic responses and "Straaaaaan" vernacular was the most annoying of the lot. The worst part is that these troglodytes had often procreated with another miscreant, and would admit damage just because "Its not fair he got it and I aint and he can afford to get it fixed aye" - how I hate, loathe and detest suburban troglodytes who act out aggression or damage because of jealousy. Honestly, a lower form of life you will never meet.
Makes me glad I got out.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #63
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Couldn't agree more.
The adrenaline kicks in and the normal human response is to want justice; RIGHT NOW.

You only have to see how people arc up on forums, to notice how little it takes to go into justice/vengeance mode.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #64
ck11

Quote:
especially over something so trivial, perhaps you should have called the cops earlier instead of engaging in a pre-meditated (15 minutes passed) act of violence on a minor.
You are kidding right? Its people like this that enable some of the hooligans roaming this country.

If i was the parent, my only regret would have been that the kid wasnt given more of a belting. Repeated offences would result in being kicked out of home, if someone is old enough to roam the streets at night damaging property, they are old enough to fend for themselves.
ck11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #65
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
You only have to see how people arc up on forums, to notice how little it takes to go into justice/vengeance mode.
and there you have captured the nature of online discussions, or actually not.

We are all well aware the keyboard hero whom has no concept of reality, then we have others who post to merit their own existence.

Not everything you read online is true, even members here post under false pretense and character portrayal.

They eventually are found out though... oh such is the nature of the beast!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #66
Wally
XP Coupe

Yes I think it's called pseudonymity.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #67
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon Turbo
i don't think you can (or should rather) touch other people's kids under any circumstances, especially over something so trivial, perhaps you should have called the cops earlier instead of engaging in a pre-meditated (15 minutes passed) act of violence on a minor.

if you could find them, cops would have found them and you would be taken the legal action out on them, rather then them on you.
But that's the problem. Nothing is done UNLESS somebody is killed or seriously injured.
Their behaviour of throwing rocks has the potential to cause something far more serious, but until it happens, nothing is done...

The system sucks.

A kid with a job doesn't have time to throw rocks...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #68
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

If it were me I would do the same thing...get charged oh well Steve didnt bash the kid just a clip over the ear....If it were my young bloke not only would I have congratulated Steve on giving the kid a clip but I would give 2 myself and make the young bloke pay for the damage. Parents need to make sure their kids understand right from wrong, obviously if Steve beat the Kid to a pulp the parents should be upset and have the Police investigate but this is not the case and maybe the kid has learned something....There are consequences for every decision we make.
LTDterri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #69
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Yes I think it's called pseudonymity.
No I think Laminge was talking about more then just a false name.

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 05:23 PM   #70
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepet
Funniest thing just happened. Got a phone call from the kid and his dad. Full apology and offer to pay for damage. Don't know what happened but sounds OK.
Thats good news a bit of common sense from the boys parents is good to see.

I dont see throwing rocks at cars as being trivial - what would have happened if you had a kid in the back seat.

Quote:
There are consequences for every decision we make.
Unfortunately with our justice system this is slowly being phased out....

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #71
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy
No I think Laminge was talking about more then just a false name.
Like what, do you think?
Old 10-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #72
Carby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon Turbo
i don't think you can (or should rather) touch other people's kids under any circumstances, especially over something so trivial, perhaps you should have called the cops earlier instead of engaging in a pre-meditated (15 minutes passed) act of violence on a minor.

if you could find them, cops would have found them and you would be taken the legal action out on them, rather then them on you.
Your kidding! The kids would get about 12 warnings before they ever get charged and as the parents did not do it, they are under no obligation to pay anything.

In the old days the cops would have given those kids a bit of a "tune up" scared the hell out of them whilst telling them crime doesn't pay, taken them to the parents explained what they have done and the kids got a lesson in life. Now you touch anyones kids no matter how much of a little F**ker they are, you will be charged.
Carby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #73
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carby
Your kidding! The kids would get about 12 warnings before they ever get charged and as the parents did not do it, they are under no obligation to pay anything.

In the old days the cops would have given those kids a bit of a "tune up" scared the hell out of them whilst telling them crime doesn't pay, taken them to the parents explained what they have done and the kids got a lesson in life. Now you touch anyones kids no matter how much of a little F**ker they are, you will be charged.
Mate I completely agree.
I remember when I was in year 1 or 2 at school my father taking me to see someone he was mates with, a Sgt Tony Day from Cronulla police after finding out I'd put little rocks up an exhaust pipe at school. When dad told him what I'd done I literally copped a big kick in the butt and told where I'd end up if I kept being bad. Sure enough, it scared the living daylights out of me and I started behaving straight away. I think my grades came up arouund then too. One of the best ever lessons in life thanks to my dad.

Quote: