Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #61
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain awesome
iload i dont think you can compare that in comfort to a falcon.
and it can barly drag its *** up a hill empty
Turbo diesel, magic stuff.

Also since when ever do people use Falcons to tow/carry anything anyway? Up where I live out in the sticks, anyone who has some sort of big trailer like horse floats or car trailers uses SUVs, dual cab utes or 4X4s like Cruisers.

The only Falcon/Commodore utes I see are ones with a slammed ride height and 20" wheels, with not a spec of dirt on them.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #62
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

ah forgot about that the one i drove was petrol but i still am not a fan of vans
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #63
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Only car I really regret buying was the XY GT I have now.. Not that the car is a POS or anything like that, it just isnt the car for me..

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #64
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Yep I regretted buying a 2001 GLXi Lancer.
Worst decision ever. Such a waste of my money. Lost so much money on it when we sold it 3 years later.
Old 27-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #65
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
Only car I really regret buying was the XY GT I have now.. Not that the car is a POS or anything like that, it just isnt the car for me..
what don't you like about it mate? didn't you sell the bf GT so you could keep the XY as you said you loved it?
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #66
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
what don't you like about it mate? didn't you sell the bf GT so you could keep the XY as you said you loved it?
No fast way to answer this, but this will cover it all...
Iv never liked XY's much from day 1, but decided to give 1 a fair shake as Id never owned one before. I like the much more curvy coke bottle styling of the Aussie designed XA/B's. Also, the A/B dash is way nicer lookin and so are the inside trimmings etc.. Biggest dislikes I have are the XY's have 2 too many doors and its not an XA or XB coupe.. Box cars just dont do it for me.. I know this now that Iv had one and tried one..

I sold the BF because I didnt wanna have an 80k daily driver anymore. Then, to really top it off, just before I sold it I had some ***** ******* decide to see whether the inside of my boot looked as nice as the rest of the car did by using his car as a battering ram..
So I got the Tickford XR8 I have now, which owes me only 10k all up with rego and is as good a car, if not better (IMHO) than the GT-P was.. Basically the XR has ticked all the boxes of what I wanted out of a similar car for 1/5th of the money invested.. (Sold the BF for 50k)

The plan was never ever to keep this XY.. This car was always a means to an ends car, aka getting me another XAGT Coupe or Possibly XBGT Coupe, but its not worked out that way, as the markets hard n flat, XA's an even B's are now beyond what I wanna spend on another car and beyond what I can get for my XY, and for now the XR is satisfying my needs re a good torquey V8 with good zorst sound etc.. (This has been the plan for the last 2 years)

So, the new plan is when the XY sells, Im getting out of GT's, probly for good and am going to put the money into a good holiday, some home and lifestyle improvements, and a few tweeks on the XR amongst other things..
Plus Im over the adjendas and infighting and rubbish that seems to tag along with GT ownership and club scenes, no matter how hard I try to avoid it..
I will always be a fan and entheusiast of GT's, but I will choose to admire them and no longer own one..

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #67
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
They say that one of the 100 things you should do before you die is buy a new car

I did it once and wont be doing it again me thinks!
as much as i'd like to support ford in this trying time, i think i'll have to do the same. i've bought my one new car, i'll settle for near-new if i ever have to replace it (not likely)
Old 28-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #68
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Regretted buying my BAII XR6T... I really should have waited till I bought my house.... AFter a year of ownership and around 20,000 k's on it I sold and lost 14k! At least I managed to get that piece of dirt I wanted!
Old 28-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #69
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I regret buying my BA XR6 when I was 19…

If I had kept my EL and left it to now I could have a much better car by now. Or have kept the EL and modded the **** out of it.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #70
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I regret buying my EF XR6 as i had a EL falcon which i done suspension and brakes to but i really wanted a XR6, and that thought i get more kms out of it due to knew lpg system. But i was really wrong and would of had an extra 8k plus interest in the bank.

Now if i spend abit of money on the car ill keep it for at least 3.5-4 yrs and only buy a car that is 5yrs old max, and keep it till it's 10yrs old then move on...............
Old 28-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #71
CMGLX
Irregular Member

I regret buying my current 09 Fg R6 ute.
Its a very nice car to drive and goes rather well but now i realise i really needed something with a bit more ride height to cope with the roads i go on and more towing capacity

Ah well should have thought it through a bit more
CMGLX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #72
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm currently thinking about selling 1 year old car with 25,000kms on it because I regret buying it badly.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #73
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yup...

My FG XR6...

Should have kept my Territory Ghia, was a way better car, more reliable, more comfy, and just overall nicer...

Thats life :(
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #74
fgtpsi

I regret buying my ba xr, sold my el xr6 cos it had a little bit of a reliability problem. Looking back now, shoulda spent 5grand on it and not have any debt!
But as said, thats life! Had I spent the money on the el in the first place I would still be wanting a ba, now I have that and the novelties worn off, its opened my eyes!
Old 28-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #75
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Just got home from signing a contract on an FG F6 ex-chaser. I'll let you know in a couple of months..
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #76
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

The 1990 Pajero i bought last year for going bush. This thing breaks everytime you look at it!!! Gearbox went bang reversing trailer in driveway. It had bent the cluster shaft. Its blown about 4 hoses and now its got a cracked head. Theres been a few other things in the 5 months i've had it.
Old 28-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #77
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Nope I've never bought a Commodore or a Camry.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #78
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

My first car: 1993 Mitsubish Lancer GL.

I wish i'd saved up more money and bought something a bit newer. Aircon leaked (found out later) and the heater was disconnected (found out after I moved to Armidale for uni, never needed it before then).

Also, the engine was gutless.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #79
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres been times iv regretted buying all my cars but overall not at all! My EF cost a fortune (spent 5k on it in the space of 6 months after buying it), i still have it as a backup car but it has to go! My BA XT was and always will be the best car i have owned and to date has been the most reliable. Only ever replaced brakes on it in the near on 2 years i had it!

The xr6t is awesome, love the power and all the other things it has, but i do realise now that it probably was a bit of a silly purchase... In hindsight i should have just kept my xt and saved for a house. But i was hell bent on owning a turbo falcon, and i still am
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #80
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
Yeahp, the one I have now. If I was to ever see the Car Dealer who sold it to me i'd beat his face in. That's not a joke either, i'd really assault him to cause permanent damage.

Dodgy roadworthy, didn't complete his paperwork with Vicroads which caused me to get stung $600 after the rego was suspended by Vicroads and picked up by the police one day. Luckily for him Civil Compliance or whoever they are had a brain and after lodging a form with them they cancelled the fine.

In order for me to get the car into my name and back on the road I had to go down to Vicroads and explain the situation to them. They put it into my name (which they shouldn't do, but given the circumstances) and chased the Car Yard for the $300 or so odd bucks they owed them. Even called me to confirm the Car Yard had paid them after they were sent a nasty letter from Vicroads.

6 months on, new radiator, new water pump, new starter motor, new battery. Oh and faulty water pump = overheated engine, so new engine also.

Yeahp, i'd ruin his life if we ever crossed paths.
That sounds familiar except mine was a private sale wound back 100000km
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #81
Danny
GT4.

Yeah I regretted buying the EF I had back when I was 18.

Paid $10k for it from Etheridge Ford, it had 170,000k on it, it was manual, and it was in absolute showroom condition, owned by an older Italian family man (who I knew personally as he owned a Deli near me), who washed it twice a week, and gave it kid gloves treatment.

I wasted my time and money, putting a bodykit on it, LSD, Exhaust, lowering it, putting 17" GT rims on it, stereo and all the other silly things a lot of P Platers do, and the thing was just a LEMON. A shonky, horrible LEMON.

I swore I'd never ever buy a Falcon again after this hideous vehicle. Its head gasket went, It's o2 sensors went, the clutch cable pulled through a crack in the firewall, the engine misfired constantly,the injectors made a zapping tick noise when you put the foot down, the spigot bearing on the clutch dried out and made a whining noise, the tappets became shot, requiring replacement, the fuel pump died all in a year after I bought it.

Good bloody riddance. I'm astounded to see it is still alive today, getting around Ringwood. Still looks clean though, but my oh my what a waste of over $20k that car turned out to be... I truly rue the day I bought it.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #82
b2tf
not here much anymore

I dont think I regret buying any of the cars I've had but looking back at them now I probably wouldn't have made the decisions I did.

My LR Focus was a POS, bought it with the intention of saving fuel. Sold it and bought a modded V8 .

I miss my FG XR8 but I am happy when I look at the bank balance. Also happy when I fill the AU up at the bowser because it uses bugger all compared to the FG.

We'll see what the next car I buy is and go from there.
Old 28-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #83
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

I regret paying 12k for a VL Commodore back in the mid 90's which had auto issues and also blew a head gasket.

I also regret buying an 87 TN Magna. It just wasn't a good car. It went through 2 auto boxes and was a very thirsty.

The main car I regret getting rid of was my 94 KHII Laser Horizon. It had the best fuel economy of any petrol car I've ever owned and it never let me down in the 3 years I owned it. Plus it was what replaced the overpriced VL.