Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #61
Ford_V8

Also you mention it only happens at full lock, rather than this being attributed to something up the front end you should consider that at full lock the path the rear tyres are taking is transverse to the intended direction of the tyres. So there would be a rather high sliding friction coefficient which could be responsible for the vibrations, especially if you are using larger tyres.
Old 24-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #62
DaNeoS
Banned

as i pmed to sunny, if the vibration is coming from the front when i had the 19" rims on the front of my old ef, at full lock half way threw a doghnut the car would shudder due to the front wheels being nearly at horizontal with the car as the car rolls backwards half way threw the doghnut ,so they would jump due to not being able to roll the usual way they would, i over came this by going full lock going into the doghnut, then when the car go sliding turn steering wheel back 1/4 of a turn then when you want to go around again just repeat that process, also usually when doing doughnuts the back wheels have lost traction and are spinning, so the transverse of the rear tyres shouldnt shudder / vibration as they are spinning.

dane
Old 24-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #63
Sundeep
Banned

It's running Pedders Superlows in it all round with standard shocks. I reckon it'd come down mostly to the tyres and my technique as well like a lot of you have suggested. I doubt any suspension components are stuffed because I've had the same problems in one of my EA's. I've never really experimented with doughies though so that's why I wanted some pointers.

I want to take the EA up to drag tag as well on a day session but it's too far if I blow my diff and I don't want to embarass myself if something blows up lol. An XE broke down twice last night and had to be pushed out, should've heard the comments from the crowd!

Sundeep
Old 24-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #64
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

could possibly be the shocks, alot of tyres will do it too. especially if they're a bit older/harder. when you start swinging the car around, are the tyres all ready smoking? if you do a bit of a standstill, get them smoking hardcore then whip it round it should be ok.
do you clamp off your rear brakes? if not, they might be grabbing.

good on ya for taking it to a legit place Sunny, surprised so many people didn't catch that in the original post...
Old 24-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #65
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

just chuck a slut on the gear stick and she will love it,
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Old 24-02-2007, 10:32 PM   #66
Tiga_EL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91xr6
sorry but wtf are you on about?
Old 24-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #67
Scott

If it's coming from the front (some of the posts suggest it is), check your power steering fluid and pump. With the excessive loads shifting on and off the front wheels combined with being at full lock (and still pulling down), you might find your problem there.
Old 24-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #68
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91XR6
Rofl... there's a random one for the sig.

Sundeep
Old 24-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #69
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
I don't know him, but the way his original post is worded, doesn't give him any brownie points. Hey and it takes one to know one... he doesn't know me yet is keen to swipe at my car? You guys seriously need a to get half a clue.
Number one check your bushes trailing arms
two what size tyres are you running.

And finaly

You guys now who is the one having a dig at the e-series members, to me you guys is plural unless you don't know the meaning of that, which suggests you have a beef with all of us in here.

I say take your beefs and go to the X-series side!
Old 24-02-2007, 11:23 PM   #70
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Here's a thought.

EL Ghias have Speed Sensitive Power Steering. I don't know how it works, but could it be that because the rear wheels are spinning fast while you're applying full lock it is messing with the system somehow. Like I said I don't know how it works. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Old 24-02-2007, 11:59 PM   #71
eMpTy
Low, Loud & Black

Just about everything else has been suggested but I was thinking along the lines of ABS.
Our old EL XR6 used to have a shudder, similar to what you've described, when cutting hoops in the depot at work (enough room for 300+ buses & trucks, enough room to do so safely).
It was running 17x8" rims and rubber up front and 225/60/15 on the rear, pedders lowered suspension that was all fairly new, drive train in perfect order etc etc. Only thing I, or any of the other 35 mechanics working there, could put it down to was the ABS trying to kick in and throw the brakes off, as the pedal was pulsing almost in time with the shudder.
Had a coupla tries without using the brakes and the shudder was nowhere near as bad (the nuts weren't as good though), remaining shudder was coming from tyre skip.
Just a thought.

Mick
Old 24-02-2007, 11:59 PM   #72
EA Ghia

I think it would be the tyres skipping. My EA did it (when I actually got it spinning..:P), especially when I had it on full lock.

If you rip the steering wheel to full lock and the car turns and slides out, turning into a doughnut, the wheels are at some stage, going to be horizontal, so they can't spin so they'll just skip across the ground, which I think someone else mentioned above me.

No harm in checking the power steering though.
Old 25-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #73
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper483
I think it would be the tyres skipping. My EA did it (when I actually got it spinning..:P), especially when I had it on full lock.

If you rip the steering wheel to full lock and the car turns and slides out, turning into a doughnut, the wheels are at some stage, going to be horizontal, so they can't spin so they'll just skip across the ground, which I think someone else mentioned above me.

No harm in checking the power steering though.
What you doing doughnuts???????? I'll dob!!!!!!! :

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 25-02-2007, 12:56 AM   #74
EA Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
What you doing doughnuts???????? I'll dob!!!!!!! :
Hahah, what are the chances of you reading this thread? Just my luck! :P

I think I'd rather be in my stock EA doing a little doughnut in the biggest open area I can find, rather than go for a spin in the Landau when you're having a bit of fun! :P Being a passenger sucks!

Not that you've thrashed it or anything though..
Old 25-02-2007, 02:52 AM   #75
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Close this thread. Its a total waste of space.
Closed Thread