Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #61
red_hotxr6
Banned

Seems to me that at least 90% of the people on here disagree with the way the police and the courts are handling the "Hooning" problems, therefore i ask you, How would you solve the problem.How are you going to stop an 18 or 19 year old from driving like a maniac on the roads. There are already adds on tv, there are warnings what will happen if you do it especially if you do it again and again. How do you stop the ones that actually hold up traffic on a 3 lane highway so that 2 'Hoons" can have the whole highway to race on.?
Old 17-05-2008, 08:53 AM   #62
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue
So is the rumour about some new Ford Forum T shirts becoming available correct?

Well at least they are Blue Oval blue :

The AFF team are:

Old 17-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #63
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge

That, my friend, is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #64
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Seems to me that at least 90% of the people on here disagree with the way the police and the courts are handling the "Hooning" problems, therefore i ask you, How would you solve the problem.How are you going to stop an 18 or 19 year old from driving like a maniac on the roads. There are already adds on tv, there are warnings what will happen if you do it especially if you do it again and again. How do you stop the ones that actually hold up traffic on a 3 lane highway so that 2 'Hoons" can have the whole highway to race on.?
*Improved (Much Improved...) driver education, not this joke that we have now. Seriously, only one proper driving test?

*Compulsory defensive driving courses for new drivers, to show how easy it is to lose control.

*Proper re-licensing ever 5 years; written and practical.

*Instead of just punishment for the guilty, how about rewards for the good drivers? Encouragement, especially financial, never goes astray. If you have no driving offenses, you should get GREATLY reduced insurance premiums and cheaper licensing/rego.

These are all better (but more expensive and difficult) solutions than the freedom-stealing knee-jerk reaction that we've gotten ourselves into now.
Old 17-05-2008, 10:15 AM   #65
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bird
*Improved (Much Improved...)
*Instead of just punishment for the guilty, how about rewards for the good drivers? Encouragement, especially financial, never goes astray. If you have no driving offenses, you should get GREATLY reduced insurance premiums and cheaper licensing/rego.
If you have NO recorded crashes (neg drive), then yes.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 17-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #66
XlR8TED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bird
*Improved (Much Improved...) driver education, not this joke that we have now. Seriously, only one proper driving test?

*Compulsory defensive driving courses for new drivers, to show how easy it is to lose control.
Defensive driving courses will probably make them more likely to hoon. They now know how to control the car and will want to show off. Over confidence and poor attitude are the problems.

It's pretty hard to change people's attitudes. Especially when the people you're talking about know it all and have room temp IQs. I don't see a problem with the current laws. You have to get done twice (?) before they take your car. That sounds fair enough to me. I speed a little bit and have been done before, so before you label me as a do-gooder, I'm far from it. But street racing etc...no, get em off the road.
Old 17-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #67
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its all well and good to claim they deserve it, but trouble is its up to the cop and he needs no proof whats so ever to book you with this lot of new laws, i know my local mechanic was done for hooning when he drove his RX3 Mazda around the corner as he has a locked diff and it chirps the tyres no matter how gentle he is with exellerator, is he a hoon ? this guy takes his car to Benaraby race track regulary ,and yet he was booked as a hoon because of chirping the tyres at 10mph around corner.and he's a firm believer in not street racing,now he just thinks cops are pigs and revenue raisers.is he wrong?,by the way ,they have a group of people in this area that have a place to build a race track and yet the same do-gooders we see everywhere have stopped it going ahead even though the Police are all for it, because it will be noisy out on the 200acre farm where they planned to build it,so the council wont approve it.the groupe consist of local business men and woman,car enthusiasts and a couple of Maryborough Police officers.
Old 17-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #68
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Take there license, hand them a fine.... Dont take there car...
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
Old 17-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #69
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Well that's 1 way to bypass the profanity filter. :P
Old 17-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #70
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes he is he has a locked diff FFS highly illegal for road use by locked diff i assume you mean spooled if it is well he should not have the car on the road his diff may be fine for the track but has no place on a public road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
its all well and good to claim they deserve it, but trouble is its up to the cop and he needs no proof whats so ever to book you with this lot of new laws, i know my local mechanic was done for hooning when he drove his RX3 Mazda around the corner as he has a locked diff and it chirps the tyres no matter how gentle he is with exellerator, is he a hoon ? this guy takes his car to Benaraby race track regulary ,and yet he was booked as a hoon because of chirping the tyres at 10mph around corner.and he's a firm believer in not street racing,now he just thinks cops are pigs and revenue raisers.is he wrong?,by the way ,they have a group of people in this area that have a place to build a race track and yet the same do-gooders we see everywhere have stopped it going ahead even though the Police are all for it, because it will be noisy out on the 200acre farm where they planned to build it,so the council wont approve it.the groupe consist of local business men and woman,car enthusiasts and a couple of Maryborough Police officers.
sounds like a typical E series bogan response to me not only is it the product of a mind with obvious criminal thoughts it is obviously not well thought out. the poster is too stupid to understand that they not only take your car the take your licence. some people should never be allowed on the road and ones with attitudes like the poster are a part of this group
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestp
my answer ta getting ur car confiscated is invest a few hundred in a manual XF falcon with a crossflo... drops all the skids you want
run a few spare pairs of rims n get the old tires for free from the nice fellow at the tire place
then when it finally gives up just remove thee complience plate n numberplates.
then go to your local licensing centre and hand the plates in and get some cash back for the next one... you dont even have to arrange for somwhere for ya old car to go. the local council sorts this for ya :P
to sum up my feelings on this matter street racers are idiots there is no excuse for it and if caught you will pay the price do you think i am insulting you ? well this is directed at all street racers you are all brain dead and need to be removed from the road before you remove youself and others from this world There are venues where you can do this legally but you are too stupid to do it . i don't mind if you kill your selves it's the inocent victims i care about

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO

Last edited by FGII-XR6; 17-05-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 17-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #71
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Ok, here is a suggestion for a finacial reward for those with no recorded offences.
When you renew your licence (last time cost me $65 for 3 years or thereabouts) if in the previous renewal time you have not lost a single point then get 1 years free renewal, eg You want a 5 years renewal, you pay 4 get 1 free.

However having suggested this, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with the confiscation laws. why? Because I KNOW, they will never affect me because I do my very best to drive responsibly in any car I drive.
Oh and BTW
Having a licence is not a right it is a privelage, if you do the wrong thing face the consequences.
Old 17-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #72
fordfreak2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughts
That, my friend, is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
reading through the dancing man, the wording is like hearing one of the rednecks in hillbilly country, way down south in the US of A talking?
:

that is a classic for the Xgeneration
Old 17-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #73
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
yes he is he has a locked diff FFS highly illegal for road use by locked diff i assume you mean spooled if it is well he should not have the car on the road his diff may be fine for the track but has no place on a public road sounds like a typical E series bogan response to me not only is it the product of a mind with obvious criminal thoughts it is obviously not well thought out. the poster is too stupid to understand that they not only take your car the take your licence. some people should never be allowed on the road and ones with attitudes like the poster are a part of this group
to sum up my feelings on this matter street racers are idiots there is no excuse for it and if caught you will pay the price do you think i am insulting you ? well this is directed at all street racers you are all brain dead and need to be removed from the road before you remove youself and others from this world There are venues where you can do this legally but you are too stupid to do it . i don't mind if you kill your selves it's the inocent victims i care about
i take great offence to being called a criminal and a hoon, i have never drag raced on the street and neither has the bloke i was talking about, you miss the point entirely,get your head out of your ar$e,hero, the point is people who are not hooning can be charged under these laws and whats worse the Police require no evidence just their word and anyone who has dealt with cop who takes a dislike to you even for something you have done that is not illegal then they can charge you anytime they want to.and most certainly do.oh yeah i noticed you have nothing to say about people trying to do the right thing and being stopped for silly petty reasons ,so where mr know all,are they supposed to go .
Old 17-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #74
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

another thread to the dumps of name calling, time to implement a hoon forum legislation, 24 month banning for causing a thread to be shut!
Old 17-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #75
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6

how about put them in jail for a month or two, and if they keep repeating chuck em in for longer!!

the guidelines need to be more specific, honestly i think only street racing and doing a burnout/drift on public roads (not carparks or private property) should be punished this way, none of this excessive acceleration, squealing your tyre on launch, or any other they seem to come up with.
Old 17-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #76
blackzxr
Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
you miss the point entirely,get your head out of your ar$e,hero, the point is people who are not hooning can be charged under these laws and whats worse the Police require no evidence just their word and anyone who has dealt with cop who takes a dislike to you even for something you have done that is not illegal then they can charge you anytime they want to.and most certainly do..
I agree totally with your comments about it being an individuals decision. As i said in my previous post, there are laws and protocols that need to be followed. Every other criminal law has the right to defend yourselve, this one doesn't. Guilty and that's it.
I personally hate some of the idiots on the road and yes some probably deserve to walk. But with the current situation, You or I with a brain fade can lose your car and this is wrong.
All of you need to take a step back and think about it. You have all done something wrong, but do you deserve to lose your car? Probably not, but some of you probably did. But would you like me as an individual, to make that decision and not be able to defend yourselve.
To opened ended IMHO. Yes it's probably a good thing for certain individuals and could do great things in getting wan kers off the road. Just needs more control.

I used to have a handle on reality, but it broke.
Old 17-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #77
bcnyah351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
I'd rather get all the Asian / Indian and Senior Citizens off the road, before I'd target only P Platers. Surely more emphasis needs to be placed on ALL types of drivers and not just one group?

How many "Hoons" in their hotted up cars scratch your pride and joy at Safeway? :
the starting thred was that this happend to a 32 year old not a p plater as for the senior citizens no argument from me
Old 17-05-2008, 09:17 PM   #78
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Leave us nearly seniors and seniors alone. See http://www.officeofroadsafety.wa.gov...sternAustralia the stats and the insurance rates that companies charge by age speak for themselves in terms of the risks. Oh and the only three accidents I've had in the last 15 years were all caused by people (of various ages but no seniors) on mobile phones running into the back of my cars while I have been stopped at red lights or intersections. And yes I drive at least 34 km every day.

I will admit that there is a sweet old 90 year old lady that parks behind the car bay I lease that has manged to scrape my bumper several times over the last year but it can be a tight squeeze getting when others park illegally neraby and i have a Fairlane taking up every square cm of my parking bay.

Last edited by aussiblue; 17-05-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 17-05-2008, 10:10 PM   #79
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I also think they have gone overboard with the hoon laws in WA; a wheel squeal doesn't always constitute dangerous driving and we were all young once.
Old 17-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #80
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

This makes little and/or no sense.
Old 17-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #81
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

This thread must be the prime of arrogance, ignorance and utter stupidity that I have seen for some time.

Those who have had posts deleted, have been done so in breach of the TOC, the racist post have been removed with 1 user enjoying a 24 hour ban another with a please explain.
Closed Thread