Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #61
B-1B
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
next time i wont bother posting the thread .
thanks to the well wishers . cheers .
I hear ya mate.

From my experiences with accidents, the most vital thing you need is an independent eyewitness to the event.

Why are antagonist posts from members with high post counts so common now?
B-1B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #62
gtfpv
GT

just an update . my GT IS IN THE PANEL SHOP GETTING REPAIRS AT THE MOMENT

we havent heard anything from the insurance company.
my wife gave her version of events some time ago.
i ring my insurance company today to find out why we havent had any feedback , as my wife isnt atr fault . basically as i stated she was sitting at the lights when a truck turned into her car , and then the truck failed to stop. we instantly reported the accident ( minor) to the insurance company , and the next day rang the owner of the truck to inform him that one of his trucks was involved in a road incident causing damage to our vehicle and left a message with reception, for them to ring us back, reception said they would get him to call us . he did not . after 2 weeks now we havent heard anything from our insurance company, after ringing today i found out why. the driver of the truck and the owner of the business will not return the insurance companies calls . interesting . now we have been asked to draw diagrams and fax tho the insurance company.
the other party has had plenty of notice to contact the insurance company regarding the accident and they have not .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #63
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

jeez this is a dirty thread. Glad to hear the cars in the shop getting fixed. i hope it comes back perfectly for ya. I also hope it fixes any scratches that were already there that annoyed you so you get somethnig out of this atleast!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #64
xygt01
XY GT (ROD)

as a truck driver who has been driveing for yeasr as much as it is not possible at time to stay in your own lane legaly you are ment to and if you cant you must give way if the gt was in its own lane and didnt not cross the line at any stage no matter who was there first the truck should have made sure he had room to moove there for he will always be classed as in the wrong unfortunantly unless you have all the details and pics of he pain on the truck ect or wittnesses i doubt if you will ever get any money out of the truck company // drive

im sorry to here the gt was dammaged as to the trucky there is always one in the bunch like everything els the puts a bad name out there

hope everything sorts it self out good luck
xygt01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #65
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xygt01
as a truck driver who has been driveing for yeasr as much as it is not possible at time to stay in your own lane legaly you are ment to and if you cant you must give way if the gt was in its own lane and didnt not cross the line at any stage no matter who was there first the truck should have made sure he had room to moove there for he will always be classed as in the wrong unfortunantly unless you have all the details and pics of he pain on the truck ect or wittnesses i doubt if you will ever get any money out of the truck company // drive

im sorry to here the gt was dammaged as to the trucky there is always one in the bunch like everything els the puts a bad name out there

hope everything sorts it self out good luck

thanks mate.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #66
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Seems to me that if the truck clipped the GT and she was in her lane and behind the stop line then no matter what the truck driver is in the wrong for turning right too soon and effectively undercutting the corner. If it was a curb there and not a car he would have ridden over the curb and cleaned up the keep left sign typically on median strips . Any trucky worth his salt would stay wide and turn late to make sure the rear axle (which is the critical pivot point for the rear of the truck) is out past any obstruction before commiting to the turn. I myself drive a 7 pallet long heavy rigid and have to get it into and out of some pretty tight spots so am acutely aware of where my rear axle is at all times.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #67
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My boat has the Do Not Overtake Turning Vehicle plates on the trailer, and I also drive 7.5m + HR trucks. If someone is already at the lights and I need both lanes (tight turn) I will straddle both lanes BEHIND any car already stopped at lights. If no one is there, I straddle both lanes with indicators on and stop at the stop line. Straddling stops people coming up the inside, but you give way to cars that were already there. Straddling is not a requirement though.

I wish the roads had the same rules as the sea. Regardless of right of way at sea you can be done for "not doing all you can to avoid a collission". This is sadly missing in the road rules and results in truck and car drivers, pedestrians, motorcyclists and cyclists 'enforcing' their right of way, and actually causing a collission in the process when they had the power to avoid it. Immune from legal repercussions. Do this on the water and you get done too.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #68
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
just an update . my GT IS IN THE PANEL SHOP GETTING REPAIRS AT THE MOMENT

we havent heard anything from the insurance company.
my wife gave her version of events some time ago.
i ring my insurance company today to find out why we havent had any feedback , as my wife isnt atr fault . basically as i stated she was sitting at the lights when a truck turned into her car , and then the truck failed to stop. we instantly reported the accident ( minor) to the insurance company , and the next day rang the owner of the truck to inform him that one of his trucks was involved in a road incident causing damage to our vehicle and left a message with reception, for them to ring us back, reception said they would get him to call us . he did not . after 2 weeks now we havent heard anything from our insurance company, after ringing today i found out why. the driver of the truck and the owner of the business will not return the insurance companies calls . interesting . now we have been asked to draw diagrams and fax tho the insurance company.
the other party has had plenty of notice to contact the insurance company regarding the accident and they have not .
Don't stress about it. Do the diagrams as asked and let the insurance company sort it out. From the evidence, if they find you at no fault they will simply go after the truck company and you'll get your GT fixed. Just go through all the right motions...
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #69
gtfpv
GT

well got the gt back today , we paid the repairer extra to change the bonnet stripes as FRAUD , washed our car once during a warrebty service and stained them with water/degreaser marks . anyhow we now have new ones . i wont comment to much on the satisfaction of the repair as it was late in the afternoon 30 miniutes from night time when we picked it up.
the 1st impressions on seeing the car though was WOW . nice job. perfect colour match. we had a little scratch on the front left guard, which he said he'd airbrush, but ended up respraying it , something i'd asked him not to do as only the bumper was affected, and i didnt want to risk colour miss match, however the assessor allowed budget for repair so they repainted and only informed me by phone after they'd done it . the head light left side had a little black mark on it from the truck tyre , that was changed too. barely barely noticible as more shiny ( almost imagination) .
anyhow upon inspection i noticed scratch wipe marks over about 200mm near the stripes . i was a little peaved . the painter came out and polished it and it came up ok . the owner of the shop came out and said the bonnet had not been touched so said they may / or maynot have scratched it , however it will buff out if you want to buff the bonnet they'll do it free . i know that they are only micro scratches so the offer is there if we choose . on that basis i was wrapped at the colour match. the GT ONCE AGAIN LOOKS IMMACULATE . however i will reserve judgement as i hadnt seen it in all weather conditions as yet .

the spray painter was telling me and for a young fellow i was amazed at his work . that the bumper had been sprayed a few times . as he had to take it back to bare to paint properly . i said yes it was repainted under warrenty due to faulty paint flaking , no wonder he said . it was actually a silver FPV bar repainted at the factory in silhouette . this explains why the stone chips were so noticable i rember they looked like snow chips . he maentioned its not the 1st FPV that they have seen like this .
i remember now waiting 6 weeks for delivery after being told 3 weeks , upon enqury i remember FPV telling me they were short on front bumpers due to suplly and demand problems at the time . GO FIGURE . FRUCKING FRAUD .
ANYHOW i said to the wife , it's nice to look at a repair job on your car ang go WOW !!! rather than HOOLLLYYY F#%^&K for a change .
Old 12-06-2009, 09:25 PM   #70
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

And did you have to pay any excess to the repairer? if not, then the insurance will be chasing the truck company for it.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #71
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
And did you have to pay any excess to the repairer? if not, then the insurance will be chasing the truck company for it.

definately had to pay the excess . the insurance company gave us a claim number immediately upon notice of incident , then said they will enquire and dtermin whos at fault , which could take months , and after thier decision , if the other drivers is deemed at fault then our excess payment gets refunded .
i dont like the way the insurance company doesnt even keep us informed . ??? . not when i have been with them for 20 years and have multiple policies with them . 000's of dollars per year in insurance costs , they could atleast keep us informed .
Old 15-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #72
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Glad to hear it all turned out well

Sidenote on the insurance company keeping you informed - a while back I had a TransAdelaide bus pull out from the stop without indicating and swipe me. I did everything by the book, got the details, reported it, went through insurance and was told I would have to pay my excess because "by law, you're supposed to give way to buses" to which I replied "even if they don't indicate?". She basically said "we'll take it up with the bus company but for now you'll have to pay it".

It was about three months later I think, car had been fixed, everything well, and I received a call out of the blue from the insurance company to state the bus company had accepted liability and would I like my cheque to my home address?

So yeah don't be too peeved if they don't keep you in the loop, I never expected to see that $300 again but in the end it all worked out. Hope it works out for you too.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #73
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Glad to hear it all turned out well

Sidenote on the insurance company keeping you informed - a while back I had a TransAdelaide bus pull out from the stop without indicating and swipe me. I did everything by the book, got the details, reported it, went through insurance and was told I would have to pay my excess because "by law, you're supposed to give way to buses" to which I replied "even if they don't indicate?". She basically said "we'll take it up with the bus company but for now you'll have to pay it".

It was about three months later I think, car had been fixed, everything well, and I received a call out of the blue from the insurance company to state the bus company had accepted liability and would I like my cheque to my home address?

So yeah don't be too peeved if they don't keep you in the loop, I never expected to see that $300 again but in the end it all worked out. Hope it works out for you too.

cheers . thanks for the info . i'm glad it worked out for you . good to hear .
Old 06-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #74
gtfpv
GT

update . this appears to have fizzled into nothingness . last we heard , after us making an enquiry , was that the insurance company still hadnt heard from the other party, they wont return calls to the insurer, nor answer letters .
our car was damaged the other driver hasnt even acknowledged involvement , the cops didnt want to knw, the insurrer got us to make a claim and get the car repaired while they chase up the other party, and that appears so far to be the end of it .
absolutely no closure at all .
it's easy to see why people dont bother stopping or do a runner, or drive off these days . i dont even think this driver or owner is even going to get a slap on the wrist , or a bad attitude noted .
Old 06-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #75
cjf
GT Hardcore

Yet another fine example of the police not wanting too get involved unless there
is some fine revenue to be made.
BPR CAI , PACEMAKERS 4-1, BALLISTIC 100cell RACING CATS, CROW CAMS GTP,
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.
cjf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #76
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
update . this appears to have fizzled into nothingness . last we heard , after us making an enquiry , was that the insurance company still hadnt heard from the other party, they wont return calls to the insurer, nor answer letters .
our car was damaged the other driver hasnt even acknowledged involvement , the cops didnt want to knw, the insurrer got us to make a claim and get the car repaired while they chase up the other party, and that appears so far to be the end of it .
it's easy to see why people dont bother stopping or do a runner, or drive off these days . i dont even think this driver or owner is even going to get a slap on the wrist , or a bad attitude noted .
Then there is the other side of that where people who were not even at the scene of an accident let alone the vicinity get strung into claims. I had someone claim I had an at fault accident with them when i was at work 15k's away... Good luck with the insurance company getting your excess back to you. At least the GT is repaired
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #77
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
The insurance company should eventually pass all collections to be made onto the Sheriff, it does take time unfortunately. If the registered owner continues to dodge responsibility then the insurance company will inform the police who will then serve him/her with a Form of Demand, then he/she has some explaining to do in court.

Until then the police have no role to play even if they wanted to.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #78
gtfpv
GT

a quick update for anyone interested . we still havent had any feedback or closure from our insurance company. so so slack and dissapointing.
i can only now assume that the other driver simply ignored and did not even acknowledge that he was even in an accisdent and gotten completely off the hook.
starting to realise why people run away from any accident if they can ,because the law seems to say if you got away good on you.
Old 14-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #79
MAD
Petro-sexual

That's disgraceful. Have you continued to contact your insurer?
Old 14-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #80
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

Quote:
a quick update for anyone interested . we still havent had any feedback or closure from our insurance company. so so slack and dissapointing.
i can only now assume that the other driver simply ignored and did not even acknowledge that he was even in an accisdent and gotten completely off the hook.
starting to realise why people run away from any accident if they can ,because the law seems to say if you got away good on you.
Sucks big time.

I have made a point in the past, when I saw an incident of stopping and passing on what I saw happen and also providing my details so if they require a witness, I will stand up and give all the required information.

I have been screwed over in the past and dont like to see some scumbag get away with screwing someone else over.

EF 4lt 1995 in Green on LPG. To and from work hack.

XY Fairmont 1971 in Bronze Wine, 302, Top Loader, 9" Still trying to find out if she is a GS or plain jane Monty.

Mustang 1966 coupe, Silver frost, A code, C4, factory bench seat, A/C, P/S rally pac, AM radio with 8 track. Awaiting funds for resto.

K6 Hayabusa....Dead Stock and why would one need to spend thousands on mods.................
Mark s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #81
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark s
Sucks big time.

I have made a point in the past, when I saw an incident of stopping and passing on what I saw happen and also providing my details so if they require a witness, I will stand up and give all the required information.

I have been screwed over in the past and dont like to see some scumbag get away with screwing someone else over.
good point Mark s.

i hope we can be aware that seeing any incident we as respectable citizens can pull over and offer assistance and not assume that someone else will . however it is hard when people leave the scene. please people if it is safe pull over and offer assistance . i've been burnt 2 times now .
what hurts the most is the insurance companies and police will not offer any help and are happy to see you humiliated .
Old 14-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #82
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
wife was involved in a minor accident in the GT on the way to work today. she was exiting a motorway on an exit road and turning right at a red light this is a 2 lane exit . and both lanes turn right , when the light went green she was in the right side lane turning right and a truck was in the left lane turning right . the truck turned too shaply and the trucks back wheel bumped the front of the GT. the truck driver kept going for 3kms . my wife tailed the courier and pulled him over 3 kms later . she told him he hit her car turning back at the lights , to which he replied , i dont think so lady. then she said it was a fair hit i'm dumb founded you did not stop there is damge to my car and paint on the wheels of your truck have a look. , the truckie then said he didnt do it , she must've tried to overtake him and ran into him , after a while my wife demanded he get out of the truck and veiw the damage and show his licence and details . at 1st he refused then said he is an ex cop. then he produced his licence , and the company he worked for and the bosses number. he did not apoligise or admit to his mistake . i told my wife to go staight to the police and report the accident , including him failing to stop at the scene .
the police refused to take a statement on the basis that the laws have changed and it isnt thier job . the insurance does all this now take it up with them . so my wife rang our insurance company and explianed all over the phone . they gave her a claim number and said they need to make contact with the truck ( company owner) and look inot the situation .

what will become of this . any hunches . a witness did not stop or follow my wife. it's an accident minor and it happens why do people always denigh responsibility these days , and why cant the law ( or lack there of even take a statement ) i have had mijors that are my fault and instantly admitted and paid for repairs . thats why i have insurance and a conscience to do the right thing. any hunches on what will happen here .
i hope the guy is honest and faces his mistake ( as logically this is the most likely of what occured) we cant do anything else accept wait to what the insurance company instructs us to do
the guy turned his truck into another lane around a corner damaging the bumper bar of our car , failed to stop, then denied it happened , and passed over details and drove off . he mentioned that if anything happened it wasnt intentional, and made referance to the fact that he was in the police force .
if it was me i would've gotten out and apoligised , given my details and admitted fualt , and paid my dues . i dont know what is going to happen here .the rest is up to the insurance company.
the samsh repairer said we have done all we can and they should track the other party down to settle a claim and said that leaving the scene goes against him .
Typical scummy condescending trash bucket.

We need too kill them all off, it's the only method that'll work.

First of all incase you haven't already take pictures, really I don't know if there's anything you can do, did anything from his truck (like paint chips and all that) deposit on your GT? You can also match up the crash if the truck has any damage. Really it would've been perfect if your wife took a picture of the paint on the trucks wheels. Keep fighting right now it's your word against his and with his attitude you'd have no problem whooping him in small claims.
Old 14-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #83
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
Typical scummy condescending trash bucket.

We need too kill them all off, it's the only method that'll work.

First of all incase you haven't already take pictures, really I don't know if there's anything you can do, did anything from his truck (like paint chips and all that) deposit on your GT? You can also match up the crash if the truck has any damage. Really it would've been perfect if your wife took a picture of the paint on the trucks wheels. Keep fighting right now it's your word against his and with his attitude you'd have no problem whooping him in small claims.
no pics mate , when my wife caught up with the truck at it's destination aprox 3kms from the incident the guy got out and proceeded to argue with my wife , witnesses around her work place heard the argument and said it looked funny a giant male argueing with a little girl , and my wife is 170cm tall . but no witnesses who seen the accident . the only damage to the truck was paint on the rear wheels . which he wiped off immediately also wiped it from the front of the GT. THE ACCIDENT WAS MINOR INDEED , but the repair bill was probably thousands.
100's of incidents happen like this daily, what you wrote about paint flakes etc , happens on TV shows like CSI, but not in real life. ( perfect example of this was when i was taken out ina laser by a red commadore ) shotened the laser by 4 feet rear bumper was inside the cabin , and red paint all over it , the commadore driver ran up to me who was unable to get out of the laser, waved witnesses through, pretended to ring an ambulance and done a runner. i was left on the side of the road in the car for a few minutes on a freeway with no one stopping to help. only to crawl out of the passenger window . a policemen aventually came across the scene by chance . an ambulance was called i was bleeding from the back of the head, they told me i'm ok and dont need to go to hospital, left me there with the cop till the tow truck came and the towey gave me a lift home . on the way home a call came over the radio, late model commadore into a pole 5 minutes from the location , i said that would be it it couldnt of been too drivable . the towy said 100,s of red commadores smash every day, when i got home i rang the police regarding this , ask the towy to ring me if he finds out about the depot the red commadore was going too ,told the insurance , rang local panel beaters etc . and could not get any info about that red commadore , and because i had no car , could not do a thing about . it
at the end of the day i wore the cost of that written off laser .
so much for crime scene investigations .
just thought i'd throw another story in about accidents . runners get away more than they get caught against mainstream assumptions .
Old 14-08-2009, 07:43 PM   #84
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Thats low mate. People like this need to be hung up. I have seen many a accident and never blinked an eye. Maybe i should stop and be of assistance next time so that what happened to you doesnt happen to someone else. Hope all goes well with your GT mate.
Old 14-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #85
gtfpv
GT

MATE NO WORRIES. it's just an inconvenience and looks better than ever after the bumper realignment and repair . just cost us our excess and maybe even some bad driving histroy , who knows , we certainly dont !.
it's all over now . i just hope that others get the picture and this can be prevented happeniung to someone else by reading waht does go on daily with accidents , the more education the better the public can prevent .

in relative terms its ok compared to what can and does happen .
but hopefully awareness helps . cheers .
and thanks for the concern . i'm only trying to share what can happen unfortunately.
Old 14-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #86
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
no pics mate , when my wife caught up with the truck at it's destination aprox 3kms from the incident the guy got out and proceeded to argue with my wife , witnesses around her work place heard the argument and said it looked funny a giant male argueing with a little girl , and my wife is 170cm tall . but no witnesses who seen the accident . the only damage to the truck was paint on the rear wheels . which he wiped off immediately also wiped it from the front of the GT. THE ACCIDENT WAS MINOR INDEED , but the repair bill was probably thousands.
100's of incidents happen like this daily, what you wrote about paint flakes etc , happens on TV shows like CSI, but not in real life. ( perfect example of this was when i was taken out ina laser by a red commadore ) shotened the laser by 4 feet rear bumper was inside the cabin , and red paint all over it , the commadore driver ran up to me who was unable to get out of the laser, waved witnesses through, pretended to ring an ambulance and done a runner. i was left on the side of the road in the car for a few minutes on a freeway with no one stopping to help. only to crawl out of the passenger window . a policemen aventually came across the scene by chance . an ambulance was called i was bleeding from the back of the head, they told me i'm ok and dont need to go to hospital, left me there with the cop till the tow truck came and the towey gave me a lift home . on the way home a call came over the radio, late model commadore into a pole 5 minutes from the location , i said that would be it it couldnt of been too drivable . the towy said 100,s of red commadores smash every day, when i got home i rang the police regarding this , ask the towy to ring me if he finds out about the depot the red commadore was going too ,told the insurance , rang local panel beaters etc . and could not get any info about that red commadore , and because i had no car , could not do a thing about . it
at the end of the day i wore the cost of that written off laser .
so much for crime scene investigations .
just thought i'd throw another story in about accidents . runners get away more than they get caught against mainstream assumptions .
Woah that's absolutely disgusting, maybe the Commodore was stolen? That has to be one of the lowest things I've ever heard of in my life.

Yeah I meant you'd have to prove it yourself, the law doesn't give a rats like you said. Mate was in a crash, some stupid women caused it and denied everything. So He took pictures of damage on both cars, drew up the exact scenario on word/photoshop and replicated the scene as much as he could.
He took her to small claims with his "evidence" and the woman had nothing at all and was basically blown away and couldn't justify anything. I'd also think all the effort on my mates behalf would indicate who was the victim here. If you do take it further they'd read what type of person your wife is and what type of person this oxygen thief is, that should also help influence the final outcome. If it's all too much effort for you on something that's not even a guaranteed win then maybe try and get him in trouble through his superiors through work, and cause him a bit of grief.
Old 16-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #87
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate, ill tell you this

if you were both stationary before commencing turn the the signs on the back of the truck mean jack . if the truck needed more room HE is the one that would need to be more careful. you do NOT have to give way to a truck if both of you are parallel to each other stationary before moving off. truckies have taken the "do not over take turning vehicle" and tried to pass it off as " i can turn how i wish".

now the damage to your car is to the front, indicating he has turned into you, not the other way around, unless of course your wife deliberately ran into the truck, which i doubt.

so balance of probabilities is in your favour

i work for sgic (nrma,sgio,mutual,cgu all part of iag)

now usually the case is if their is a dispute for the insurer to ask for written versions from the parties.
they will send the other person demand letters, try and call etc etc.
the last port of call is a recovery agent, then a summons. the truckie has probably done this before and is playing hardball.

now if the other person refuses to contact the insurance company, just tell them they will have to believe your version of events, and if the consulktant still refuses to refund your excess, escalate the complaint about your excess to the senior consultant or team manager. (dont worry it doesnt make you look bad or any advise risk on your policy, unless you start shrieking like a banshee).
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #88
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
Yet another fine example of the police not wanting too get involved unless there
is some fine revenue to be made.
Unless someone is injured they really do not need to be there.
In most cases they get liability wrong anyway. The only thing having the police attend would do is to slow down any claim process (if police attend usually an insurance company will not authorise the claim until BAC is checked out) , And the police may fine one or both drivers for traffic breaches which does not prove liability anyway.
Old 16-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #89
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Here are the 2 relevant sections of the TORUM:

143 Passing or overtaking a vehicle displaying a do not
overtake turning vehicle sign
(1) A driver must not drive past, or overtake, to the left of a
vehicle displaying a do not overtake turning vehicle sign if the
vehicle is turning left and is giving a left change of direction
signal, unless it is safe to do so.
Maximum penalty—20 penalty units.
(2) A driver must not drive past, or overtake, to the right of a
vehicle displaying a do not overtake turning vehicle sign if the
vehicle is turning right, or making a U–turn from the centre of
the road, and is giving a right change of direction signal,
unless it is safe to do so.
Example—
A driver driving on a multi-lane road who is turning right at an
intersection to which a right turn only sign applies may drive past a
vehicle displaying a do not overtake turning vehicle sign that is turning
right from another marked lane, and giving a right change of direction
signal, if it is safe to do so.
(3) In this section—
turning right does not include making a hook turn.

32 Starting a right turn from a multi-lane road
(1) A driver turning right at an intersection from a multi-lane road
must approach and enter the intersection from within the right
lane unless—
(a) the driver is required or permitted to approach and enter
the intersection from within another marked lane in
accordance with section 89(1), 92 or 159; or
(b) the driver is turning, at B lights or a white traffic arrow,
in accordance with part 17, division 2; or
(c) subsection (2) applies to the driver.
Example 1
Starting a right turn from a road
with a dividing line
Example 2
Starting a right turn from a one-way
road
s 32 33 s 32
Transport Operations (Road Use Management—Road
Rules) Regulation 1999
Example for subsection (1)(a)—
(2) A driver may approach and enter the intersection from the
marked lane next to the right lane as well as, or instead of, the
right lane if—
(a) the driver’s vehicle, together with any load or projection,
is 7.5m long, or longer; and
(b) the vehicle displays a do not overtake turning vehicle
sign; and
(c) any part of the vehicle is within 50m of the nearest point
of the intersection; and
(d) it is not practicable for the driver to turn right from
within the right lane; and
(e) the driver can safely occupy the next marked lane and
can safely turn right at the intersection by occupying the
next marked lane, or both lanes.
(3) In this section—
marked lane, for a driver, does not include a special purpose
lane in which the driver is not permitted to drive.
Starting a right turn on a multi-lane road with traffic lane arrows as required or
permitted under section 92
s 33 34 s 33
Transport Operations (Road Use Management—Road
Rules) Regulation 1999
right lane means—
(a) the marked lane nearest to the dividing line or median
strip on the road; or
(b) if there is an obstruction (for example, a parked car or
roadworks) in that marked lane—the marked lane
nearest to that marked lane that is not obstructed.
Examples of do not overtake turning vehicle signs—
Old 16-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #90
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Mate, give them a chance. Your first post was the end of may, its only august. I work in recoveries, it is not uncommon for these to go on for 6-12 months. I have a few claims that I am working on dating back over 3 years.

They have to allow time for letters to be answered and under the debt collection guidelines cannot harrass a third party. It does take time.
I assure you they are not being slack, its just they are used to the length of time recoveries can take so it does not suprise them. This is yet another reason why people who don't have insurance should