Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #61
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Chuck the little bastard's off an overpass in front of a Kenworth..
Id feel sorry for the Kenworth. A nice shiny truck ruined by sh**head guts all over it

Ive had rocks thrown at my car once, not even a scratch which is why I never took it further. But I did stop the car, rev it and turn around. Never seen kids run so fast That was a street I passed through everyday too, never even saw them out the front of their house again.

Basically if my car was damaged by this sort of thing, the parents will suffer the financial burden of paying for it. If they cant care less about what their kids do, then they can do it with empty wallets.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #62
Bobman
Regulator

What a joke that the boy got a caution but the taxi driver was 'charged'. The police and court systems are pathetic nowadays. After reading that the guy who assaulted another at Hungry Jacks in Chapel Street received a paltry punishment it makes you wonder. Criminals are looked after while the real victims are treated as thugs.

I'd be chasing those young guys as well - especially after having to clean eggs off taxis almost every weekend. These are the immature runts that are more prevalent these days in our society.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #63
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Default Geelong Cab driver has brain snap, destroys egg throwers car

Interesting....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/i-j...-1225861762016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald Sun
A TAXI driver who says he is fed up with years of abuse and police inaction has defended taking the law into his own hands by destroying the car of egg-throwing youths.

Geelong cabbie Alan Dengler told the Herald Sun he had a "brain snap" when he took a tyre lever from his taxi and smashed apart a youth's car, leaving it resembling what police described as "a prop out of Mad Max".

But the 41-year old said he felt more like the character played by Michael Douglas in the drama Falling Down, which sees Douglas go berserk after a series of setbacks.

What do you think of the cabbie's actions? Have your say below

"I've been driving taxis in Geelong for 20 years and in my time I've been assaulted countless times - I don't know how many times I've had people jump out (without paying) and all the rest of it," he said. "In all those years not one incident has ever been followed up by police. Basically I was fed up.

"And taxi drivers in Geelong are all fed up. It's not just me.

"We're being ignored by police and hopefully some good may come out of this unfortunate mess."

Police claim the taxi driver took chase after an egg was thrown at his car in Ryrie St on Saturday night.

He is alleged to have chased the car at high speed for 20 minutes through dozens of streets, running red lights, before ramming the car when it blew a tyre in a reserve carpark, throwing one youth 3m into the air as he fled.

The youths, aged 16 to 20, watched from a distance as every panel, window, mirror and light was smashed.

The taxi driver, who is expected to be charged on summons, yesterday denied ramming the car or attempting to run the youths over and said he became enraged only when the driver reversed into his taxi while trying to escape.

"After they ran into the taxi, that's when I had a brain snap. Prior to that I wasn't after them for revenge or anything," he said.

Alan said he smashed the car's front windscreen with his change dispenser, which sent money flying, before returning to his car to fetch the tyre lever.

"I was so fed up with these people behaving that way, ramming the taxi and the police apathy," he said. "It was a culmination of 20 years of inaction by them. Prior to them hitting the taxi, my only intention was in detaining them until the police came."

The driver denied he was a vigilante and said he regretted his actions. "Given hindsight obviously I wish it hadn't happened," he said.
Strangely the HS poll shows massive support for his actions. Can't say I blame him, the straw that broke the camels back it seems.

Bet those teenagers won't be throwing anymore eggs lol
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #64
prydey
Rob

i beat you to the punch in this thread

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...2&page=2&pp=30

post #59.

whilst the cabbie may have gone a bit far (which he admits), there are a few comments after the article saying 'its only an egg'! obviously these people would be happy to have some egg on their car and see first hand what it does. not only that, if you are driving at the time, its not exactly a marshmellow. it will hit with quite a distractive noise and can cause an accident. what may seem like a harmless prank could end up quite the opposite.

unfortunately, unless you are doing 3 or more km over the posted limit, the cops don't want to know about you.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #65
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what ****es me off is the kid that threw the egg got nothing but a warning.

this happens every week end to our cabs and the police don't even care call them up they don't show, go to the station to report it and they roll their eyes.

don't blame him infact support what he did, even if it was over the top.
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #66
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by msman
what ****es me off is the kid that threw the egg got nothing but a warning
Your forgetting that the poor young man never got a hug as a baby. It's not his fault. It's always someone else's fault!

//end sarcasm.

I agree his reaction is a tad over the top but if I had put up with that sort of crap for 20 years I'd probably snap too. And eggs do serious damage to paint, I know that first hand.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #67
dannyxm
was danny888

Reaction is over the top, but copping that much crap and seeing some other clown chuck eggs at your car, id go postal too!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #68
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This could get quite interesting.

Natural justice is a very dangerous thing in a controlled society.

The people support him but the government now have a huge problem.

Let him off and there will be copy cats hell, west and crooked and while this may not be such a bad thing in the short term it will gradually get sillier and sillier until some poor kid is beaten to death for leaving smudgy fingerprints on the GTHO he was drooling over.

Lock the cabbie up and there will be a fairly strong anti-government backlash as well as showing a green flag to the snotty little ratbags.

I wonder which side the "beat up media" take?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #69
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I'd always thought that ACA (and their like) have totally fair unbiased reporting, by expert investigative journalists who leave no stone unturned in their quest for truth!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #70
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done to the Cabbie I say.
Easy way for the courts to handle this is give the cabbie a good behaviour bond and send
him off to the dearest anger management they can find and make the little ************ who
threw the eggs pay for it.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #71
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
This could get quite interesting.

Natural justice is a very dangerous thing in a controlled society.

The people support him but the government now have a huge problem.

Let him off and there will be copy cats hell, west and crooked and while this may not be such a bad thing in the short term it will gradually get sillier and sillier until some poor kid is beaten to death for leaving smudgy fingerprints on the GTHO he was drooling over.

Lock the cabbie up and there will be a fairly strong anti-government backlash as well as showing a green flag to the snotty little ratbags.

what the cabbie has done needs to be delt with but it won't be a circus if the dipshit brat cops some punishment.
in my eyes the only difference between the cabbie's actions and the kids is the cabbie did a better job thats all both same offence.
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #72
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Simply, the law sucks.
Judges suck.
The system sucks.

Well, the law is great, if it is upheld. It's not anymore.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #73
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
..... As for shutting down Holdens suppliers, If you shut down the company that supplies the tyres, you shut down an indonesian company, if you shut down the company that makes the wheels, you shut down a thai company, if you shut down the company that makes the air conditioning unit, you shut down a thai company. if you shut down the company that makes the tail lights, you shut down a company in korea, if you shut down the company that makes the fule injectors, you shut down a company in china.....
Off topic however there are still a lot of parts that are produced locally and there are many Australian owned and run companies who supply Holden. We have gone through this before (how many people are employed etc but that arguement is for another thread)

Back on topic, as for the arguement its only an egg, try telling the difference if you are travelling at 100'ks and someone throws something at you? Any object thrown at cars from an overpass should result in an attempted manslaughter charge. But in today society we continue to come up with excuses (they have had a hard life, or were loved enough when they were 5, give them a chance etc) Therefore this kind of behavior is becoming more and more frequent.

As for the cabbie, his response was a bit over the top - but he was provoked. I find it interesting that the five youths who broke the law then turn and run to the law for protection when things go against them.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #74
StrokedXT
Banned

I have to admit to ****ing off an overpass once as a young fella with a few mates after some sneaky drinks on the farm. We were having a competition to see how could get the most trucks with one leak.

Pretty filthy looking back, but as a kid experimenting with alcohol and having a laugh at the time we thought nothing of it.

Now looking at were we are now, ones a prominent architect, ones a published scientist (cant spell what he is so wont even attempt it) and the rest of us are doing ok.

I guess my point is young kids do stupid crap and sometimes as we get older we forget what we used to do, or justify it in some obscure way. We all had good parents who disciplined us and grew up ok yet we ****ed off an overpass once.
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #75
Bobman
Regulator

Cabbie did nothing wrong. No over-reaction, nothing.

Kids deserved what they got. If you want to be immature and mess with other people who are minding their own business, then you are only bringing trouble onto yourself, especially in a society where the police don't care for such matters and the justice system favours real criminals.

As other comments mentioned on the article, I highly doubt the kids would have been given a caution had the eggs been thrown at a police car.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #76
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Cabbie should get a medal for doing the Police's job

Police up here are now "taking it seriously" after a cop car was rocked last weekend and cop got glass in his eye and "could have been blinded".

Funny how for the last 15 years it's "only an egg!" and nobody cared about my taxi or me getting blinded???
Jastel is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #77
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
POSTED BY ME
I get so angry thinking about these moments and if it happens to me again and I catch them its getting to the stage where I dont care what the consequences are of dealing with these runts myself - I think i will be one of those pshycos you see on the news.
That cabbie on ACA would have been me!

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #78
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
So every house in the street has an exposed front yard and a very small closed back yard.

Now driving in these sorts of areas I noticed that young kids are all over the place, in the streets, in other peoples yards etc. Yes ok they are playing, but they arent supervised, nor do they have any forms of boundaries, ie a fence!
I've noticed in the past few years, my area has a lot of families with kids, so its like freerange children. Even at night time they're in the street late at night/early in the morning and none of them would be older than 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Had my car egged once. I think it was a case of mistaken identity, as the neighbour’s son was the focus of an egg attack off and on for a few months. I think they just got the wrong house. At least it seemed that way, as it only happened once thank God.
There was a drive-by shooting in a local near by town last year, the morons hit the wrong house and shot up an elderly womans house instead of the drug dealer they where after.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #79
sk8xr8
sliding by you...

i caught the kids down the street egging my car and a number of other cars in the street, made him take his socks off, turn them inside out and clean it off my car before putting them back on, his old bloke came down and had a go at me for it, i told him that he's lucky i didnt just flog him for it and maybe he shouldn't be worried about me so much and start trying to keep his kids from damaging others property...

then he got violent, silly gickhead dosnt know im a fairly competetant hand to hand combat student!!!
sk8xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 04:06 AM   #80
GrimmReaper09

Thumbs up Sucked in

Sucked in to the teens I reckon. I bet they won't even spit out the window anymore About time someone went nucking futs and showed them what happens when one day u pick on the wrong person.

3 Cheers for the cabby
GrimmReaper09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #81
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Had a quick read through, so hopefully not reposting anything, but I believe things like these such as out of control kids is just going to get worse in the next 10+ years due to the baby bonus that was introduced some years ago. Even if its only a small percentage this is going to add up over all the communities. Think of all the incompetent parents that are now out there just to add to the incompetent parents that were allready outhere. As mentioned in some posts WTF are kids in there early teens and younger doing out in the middle of the night. I would go as vfar as saying it might even become like an epidemic so to speak, as it allready is in some of the poorer areas.
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #82
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Judges suck, The system sucks .
Remember: it's only the cops job to put them before a court...what happens after that is out of the police control (ie: punishment).

The System does suck and Magistrates are a little too far detached and aloof IMHO...until they are a victim.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(for sale now...PM me...)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #83
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumXR
Remember: it's only the cops job to put them before a court...what happens after that is out of the police control (ie: punishment).

The System does suck and Magistrates are a little too far detached and aloof IMHO...until they are a victim.
Yeah..I never bagged the cops. I know about the frustration of cops...if I was a cop, I wouldn't be anymore. Why should I bust my backside to go out, put time into investigating something, only to see a walking ******** get off lightly because the judge is so completely out of line with what the public want?

The courts need a serious re-working, because they clearly aren't at the moment!

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #84
WinterBrothers
Starter Motor

Cops are to blame as well all they care about is there quotas for the month You see them drive right past one day and next day the ping you That is the biggest problem I think 20 times you get away with it next they ping you no rime nor reason to it
Bring back the cane at school ill fix a few of the litle mothers as well
I beleve in you get what you give they throw eggs at cars of an overpass Make them rid there bike under one some were and let all the car drivers throw eggs rocks bollards at them they soon relise that it hurts and will stop we have to stop letting them get away with it get done for theft go around there house and take the best things They rape some one they get raped you kill some one you get killed ect ect I belive it will make you think about what your doing But to many civil right groups that have forgot all about the majority of us and only worrie about the minority
WinterBrothers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #85
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was reading comments about the taxi thing in one of the newspaper articles, someone mentioned copping an egg while driving, and went on to say if you put the wipers on it smears badly blocking more vision, it would`nt be hard to imagine a seriouse accident comeing from this.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #86
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Yeah..I never bagged the cops. I know about the frustration of cops...if I was a cop, I wouldn't be anymore. Why should I bust my backside to go out, put time into investigating something, only to see a walking ******** get off lightly because the judge is so completely out of line with what the public want?

The courts need a serious re-working, because they clearly aren't at the moment!
Sorry, wasn't having a go at you, but you are right: the judiciary can be seriously flawed.

Juveniles are the worst because (in NSW); their defences (Legal Aid / ALS etc.) exploit The Young Offenders Act to the Nth degree which in turn makes them less and less responsible for their own actions regardless of how the parents contribute / neglect.

I know cops who have arrested 9 year old's for committing crimes a 30 year old would have trouble going through with...and they know full well the difference between right and wrong...but because legislation states that if they are under certain ages (or within certain age groups)...they cannot possibly know the difference and therefore...are not legally responsible for any crime they commit. Hence the Cautioning / Conferencing system which is pointless - it is supposed to be there for youth who GENUINELY make silly or stupid decisions and should not be entered or introduced to the "system" so they can learn and get on with their lives.

Police, Associations, other emergency services and (some) legal services complain and give proof to this but nothing is done as it may infringe on Human Rights / Civil Liberties and a raft of other snivelling tripe that protects recidivous offenders and gives no justice to victims.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(for sale now...PM me...)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #87
prydey
Rob

another one..

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1225868005747

some idiot throws a 23kg bluestone rock over an overpass through a truck windscreen hitting a passenger. luckily no fatalities.

what is with these people.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #88
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
another one..

some idiot throws a 23kg bluestone rock over an overpass through a truck windscreen hitting a passenger. luckily no fatalities.

It missed them , if it had hit him he wouldnt be alive to speak of it.
But yes one wonders what the hell do they think of??
I serious think these kids think its funny to injure or even kill someone.
One wonders what their families are like if they think this sorta thing is ok.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #89
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
another one..

I was about to post this up...Unbelievable...

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #90
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Just came acroos this unbelievable, Says they "could" be charged with "conduct endangering life"
Should straight up be Attempted Murder. Go to jail, directly to jail .
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post