Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #61
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2012 Ford Focus Ad, something Ford Australia could use on its Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanBatman
You ever driven a fwd car with a real LSD?

Electronic gizmos are ********, it applies the brake on the inside wheel to transfer torque... Now a simple LSD achieves basically the same thing without working against itself

But this isn't the kinda of car designed with drivers in mind, no.. It's designed for Americans, who gives a crap if you can tag a song to then later be downloaded or have it poorly park itself, things like direct injection and 6spd powershift are win though, as is a decent sound system, but by Sony, really? Sure its better than what we have locally but Sony are crap!
I dont see how it is any different to DSC or traction control on our local Falcon that applies the brakes to one wheel..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #62
Buntz
Straight Eight

Default Re: 2012 Ford Focus Ad, something Ford Australia could use on its Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I dont see how it is any different to DSC or traction control on our local Falcon that applies the brakes to one wheel..
Except that it applies it through every corner to help the FWD car corner better. Completely irrelevant for Falcon. And it uses the brakes more. Which mena they wear more, which means they need replacing more often, which means it will cost more to own.
Old 28-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #63
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz93ED
Except that it applies it through every corner to help the FWD car corner better. Completely irrelevant for Falcon. And it uses the brakes more. Which mena they wear more, which means they need replacing more often, which means it will cost more to own.
Cost more to own than a falcon..not likely! Sure it has higher pad wear as i alluded to in my earlier post but its not likely to be very much. The euro spec pads are the main reason a focus costs more to replace brake pads not the fact they are used more. Besides the rego and running costs fuel wise of the falcon (plus higher up front cost) mean it will always cost more to run overall than a focus even with expensive euro parts....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #64
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
hahaha a Focus more expensive to run then a Falcon seriously where do you get this from?
My Focus is a lot cheaper to run then my old T2 TE50, and the payments are more then the TE aswell.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #65
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't understand your point. If you drive a Falcon too hard around a concer DSC will apply the breaks to one wheel.. Sounds like the same thing is happening with the focus. If it dosn't lose traction it wont apply the breaks?? Or have I missed something??
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #66
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I don't understand your point. If you drive a Falcon too hard around a concer DSC will apply the breaks to one wheel.. Sounds like the same thing is happening with the focus. If it dosn't lose traction it wont apply the breaks?? Or have I missed something??
THey are related in so far as the same tech is behind it (braking system). BUT the difference here is that the Falcon will not intervene unless the car becomes substantially unstable...esp i oversteer situations. This system on teh focus is more of an active system. i.e. it uses the dsc system to apply brakes to achieve the desired line the driver requires via reading the steering lock. It would cut in much earlier than the falcon system and is really a feature to reduce FWD understeer on exit of the corner rather than a safety feature.

So while the two systems are in effect the same thing the focus has the added feature (on top of its own dsc) to assist in driving through corners even when the car is not as yet in an 'unstable' state....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #67
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
hahaha a Focus more expensive to run then a Falcon seriously where do you get this from?
My Focus is a lot cheaper to run then my old T2 TE50, and the payments are more then the TE aswell.
I didn't say it would you twit. I'm saying it would cost more to own if applied to the Falcon, as it's going to cost more to own than previous model Focus'.
Old 29-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #68
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
I didn't say it would you twit. I'm saying it would cost more to own if applied to the Falcon, as it's going to cost more to own than previous model Focus'.
Um no re read your post, i wasnt the only one that quoted you as it meaning that the Focus would cost more to own then a Falcon.
Personal insults will also not be tolerated against me or anyone else thanks.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post