Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: New toy time. FG XR8 s/c, FG GT s/c, or 300c SRT8 s/c

Quote:
Originally Posted by monzie
There's a 5.7 300c on the Manhiem auction site, $26k, Brisbane

Pete
What year though?

And for anyone thats knows 300C's, is there a site that has the history of what upgrades they got over their life cycle?

The exterior is pretty much the same, I was concerned about the mechanical side of it, I think the original is classed as series one but surely they had little updates along the way.

I also heard the original CRD's where Merc based, and the latter ones from else where when Tata picked them up, dont know how true that is or not.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 12:53 AM   #62
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, bit of an update.

After mucho consideration the decisions been made and we have decided to go with a Holden wagon. ( i know, i know)

Best compromise between performance v practicality/family.

Now, Clubsport Tourer or SS-V ???

I prefer the look of the clubby but is it worth the extra $$$ over an ssv or redline? There are some really good deals to be had on the HSV at the moment.

Does anyone own one or have any info as im pretty clueless when it comes to the other mobs vehicles.
GT 160 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #63
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Good luck with it. I'd go for the Calais as it's less ugly than both the SS or Clubby, but then, I'd be swayed back towards the HSV as the 6.2 is not as crappy as the 6.0.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #64
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwa
Ok, bit of an update.

After mucho consideration the decisions been made and we have decided to go with a Holden wagon. ( i know, i know)

Best compromise between performance v practicality/family.

Now, Clubsport Tourer or SS-V ???

I prefer the look of the clubby but is it worth the extra $$$ over an ssv or redline? There are some really good deals to be had on the HSV at the moment.

Does anyone own one or have any info as im pretty clueless when it comes to the other mobs vehicles.

If you go the SSV Redline make sure you go with the just released MY12 update which gives the wagon FE3 suspension as well the ute, previously only sedan got FE3. Oh and they have also got a new design wheel on the Redline which is a LOT more attractive.

Apart from that cant tell you much. I have a SV6 sportwagon and love it, very well built, handles superbly and practical. Great cars, cant go wrong. Secretly wish I got the SSV now!
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #65
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
If you go the SSV Redline make sure you go with the just released MY12 update which gives the wagon FE3 suspension as well the ute, previously only sedan got FE3. Oh and they have also got a new design wheel on the Redline which is a LOT more attractive.

Apart from that cant tell you much. I have a SV6 sportwagon and love it, very well built, handles superbly and practical. Great cars, cant go wrong. Secretly wish I got the SSV now!

Thanks mate good info to know, yeah the clubby wagon gets a new wheel design also apparently.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #66
Mk II

Picked myself up this on Thursday......

The touch screen, phone integration and media capabilities are awesome. Add to that much better ergonomics then the FG, IMHO, and the fact that it is a V8 and I just couldn't go past it. It is only an SS, not an SS-V, but apart from leather I couldn't see much of a difference. It also has the Walkinshaw performance pack installed, which is a twin 3" system, CAI and a Walkinshaw ECU.

The main reason I went for it though was money... At $43k DA it didn't give me much of a choice, Ford wouldn't come near that for a XR6T, and at that money it would leave you plenty to play with
Mk II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #67
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk II
Picked myself up this on Thursday......

The touch screen, phone integration and media capabilities are awesome. Add to that much better ergonomics then the FG, IMHO, and the fact that it is a V8 and I just couldn't go past it. It is only an SS, not an SS-V, but apart from leather I couldn't see much of a difference. It also has the Walkinshaw performance pack installed, which is a twin 3" system, CAI and a Walkinshaw ECU.

The main reason I went for it though was money... At $43k DA it didn't give me much of a choice, Ford wouldn't come near that for a XR6T, and at that money it would leave you plenty to play with
Ahh nice, at $43k da new its a alot of car for the $.

I just don't know whether the extra $$ for the Clubby Wagon is worth it over the standard SS or SSV wagon.

I've been offered a 2011 Clubsport Tourer with 1,200k's for $58K and thats with leather and the new 20's which i think is about a $4k option.

But then i can pick up a virtually new ss or ssv for mid 40's.

Ugh, i'm seriously over friggin car shopping.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #68
Buttnekid
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

like a supercharger
Buttnekid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #69
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

SSV Redline wagon would be my pick of that bunch, the HSV is ugly in comparison.

Get a OTRCAI, Zorst & Tune through a Quality Walkinshaw dealer and you should be in pretty good hands.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #70
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I just don't know whether the extra $$ for the Clubby Wagon is worth it over the standard SS or SSV wagon.

I've been offered a 2011 Clubsport Tourer with 1,200k's for $58K and thats with leather and the new 20's which i think is about a $4k option.

At that price... HSV!
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #71
Mk II

Quote:

Yeah it is a lot of car. I dunno what I would do if I had the money, the leather in the ssv's is pretty damn nice. Are the upgrades you get with the HAV worth more then 15k worth of modding to the ss? Have you thought about the Walkinshaw stuff, one of the joys of it is being covered by factory warranty for most of it.
Mk II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post