Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #61
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Daniel Morcombe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked View Post
He's a high profile prisoner. His crime determines that. He'll get protective custody
So was Carl Williams.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #62
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Just to clarify here: Upon conviction for a serious offence a prisoner, in QLD, is returned to the prison and is assessed for suicidal ideation and self harm. Then in spite of a finding one way or another the prisoner is held in a custodial situation designed to minimise self harm. The assessments continue in the future according to policy.
In the case of this particular individual he will be held in this state to varying degrees for a period of time and then at some stage be held in the 'Protection Unit'
After all the post sentencing assessments are completed he will be transferred in due course to the 'Protection' Prison.
Nearer his parole eligibility date, far into the future he will receive a classification which will allow for transfer to a 'Protection' Prison Farm.
Generally to a large degree his survival will depend upon him, the officers and the system designed under the provisions of the act and polices with keep all prisoner safe in secure custody.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #63
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Let's hope the guards turn a blind eye, or make an "oversight".
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-03-2014, 10:56 PM   #64
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

He'll be kept in the dog prison, where they keep snitches and paedophiles at Wacol.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2014, 11:15 PM   #65
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked View Post
So your saying that the lawyer who has committed no crime is worse than someone who actually committed the crime?
Exactly, the evidence was overwhelming, yet he still tried to convince the jury it wasn't him, it was some other pedo. Sure, have a lawyer represent you to try and get you a softer sentence, plead insanity or look my passport shows I was out of the country at the time or something with a bit of credibility, but to try every trick in the book to get him off is just wrong.
Imagine if he had got him off on some technicality like "My client wasn't given his rights before the undercover Police officer conned him", then how would everyone feel.
Only doing his job, he was going beyond his job, he should have been advising him to plead guilty and we'll play the "woe is me" sympathy card.
Old 17-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #66
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Jaydee
Everyone deserves a good defence in Court, no matter what the level of the offence.
Are you saying that you should not be able to defend yourself against any charges against you?
You will love North Korea then.

Saying that,I believe that he should rot in jail, and have no special treatment to keep him safe, at taxpayers expense.
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: