Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 15-06-2022, 05:07 PM   #1
Minties
Starter Motor

Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Thanks to GT for all my parts. All arrived safe and sound. One of the bigger items had a big postage cost and GT went out of his way to try and get a cheaper price and was able to! Legend! Will definitely hit him up next time I need parts!

Thanks!
Minties is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2022, 05:52 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minties View Post
Thanks to GT for all my parts. All arrived safe and sound. One of the bigger items had a big postage cost and GT went out of his way to try and get a cheaper price and was able to! Legend! Will definitely hit him up next time I need parts!

Thanks!
Anytime bud, glad to help...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2022, 09:38 PM   #3
JKL

Hi

Chasing the BCM for a 2009 ford transit with a tray?? Are they still available new my whole dash is dead!! Thanks. Jason
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2022, 10:10 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL View Post
Hi

Chasing the BCM for a 2009 ford transit with a tray?? Are they still available new my whole dash is dead!! Thanks. Jason
Just to make it easier to search, can you provide the VIN and the part number on the unit you have already.
Old 16-06-2022, 04:51 PM   #5
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey GT Legend,

Do you have the Ford part number for the 5.4L 3v oil sump plug?

And how much are they going for from Ford?

Thanks.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2022, 10:11 PM   #6
yanknbank
Very regular

G’day Legend

I’ve got a 06/2008 G6ET. Just wondering if the perforated leather steering wheels are still available from Ford. I did ask the local dealer around 18 months ago and they said yes with a price of $500 or thereabouts. They couldn’t tell me if they were genuine Ford items or manufactured by someone else on behalf of Ford.
Mines a bit on the worn side and I was worried about the quality of the replacement.
Old 22-06-2022, 10:32 PM   #7
portokatsiki

Not a problem. Thank you for your prompt reply
portokatsiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2022, 11:56 PM   #8
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanknbank View Post
G’day Legend

I’ve got a 06/2008 G6ET. Just wondering if the perforated leather steering wheels are still available from Ford. I did ask the local dealer around 18 months ago and they said yes with a price of $500 or thereabouts. They couldn’t tell me if they were genuine Ford items or manufactured by someone else on behalf of Ford.
Mines a bit on the worn side and I was worried about the quality of the replacement.
Hi mate,

They were available 18 months ago for around $500, but they are all gone now. In hind sight, you should have bought it then. It would have been genuine item too. There are some companies that refurbish them, but I have never used any of them, so cannot recommend anyone at this point in time.

Sorry bud..
Old 30-06-2022, 12:08 PM   #9
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mr GT... Could pop into this thread and confirm if my memory is right or wrong: https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11494739

I'm sure I saw you or someone write somewhere Ford had changed suppliers of B-series coils to VDO in recent times.

Or even if its something you recall and/or can confirm.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2022, 06:41 PM   #10
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Hi Legend.

small question re 8-way/6-way seats.

the controllers/modules for the 6-way seats is marked as a 6-way, but when i look at what i believe are '8-way' it shows it as a '10-way' .... what is the go here as now i'm confused as to what i actually have.

Thanks

Ps. can supply pics but i don't think it's ford part numbers on the controllers/modules.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2022, 07:25 PM   #11
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
Hi Legend.

small question re 8-way/6-way seats.

the controllers/modules for the 6-way seats is marked as a 6-way, but when i look at what i believe are '8-way' it shows it as a '10-way' .... what is the go here as now i'm confused as to what i actually have.

Thanks

Ps. can supply pics but i don't think it's ford part numbers on the controllers/modules.
What car are you referring to first of all?
Old 06-07-2022, 05:13 PM   #12
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Big thanks to GT for finding me a NOS AU header tank. Almost impossible to find now days.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:13 PM   #13
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Big thanks to GT for finding me a NOS AU header tank. Almost impossible to find now days.
Pleasure and glad to help, although in your instance it was more luck as I happened to stumble across it by pure coincidence.

Obviously you received it ok...
3 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2022, 10:51 PM   #14
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mr GT,

Seeking your knowledge to help understand something.

F3LY3B477A is the old black pacnut for the front AU/BA/BF hubs.

BA5N042A is the current black pacut to secure the hubs on sedans and Territorys.

Ford specify the rear nuts are single use. And obviously a different part number means a different part.

But I can't see any difference between the 2 parts, apart from the rear was about $20 more than the front. Same measurements, look the same. The rear one holds a slightly higher torque.

Do you know what is the difference between front and rear? And what makes the rear nut single use but not the front?

Cheers.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:07 AM   #15
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Mr GT,

Seeking your knowledge to help understand something.

F3LY3B477A is the old black pacnut for the front AU/BA/BF hubs.

BA5N042A is the current black pacut to secure the hubs on sedans and Territorys.

Ford specify the rear nuts are single use. And obviously a different part number means a different part.

But I can't see any difference between the 2 parts, apart from the rear was about $20 more than the front. Same measurements, look the same. The rear one holds a slightly higher torque.

Do you know what is the difference between front and rear? And what makes the rear nut single use but not the front?

Cheers.
Rear hub nuts for BA to FGX and all Territory have the same part number BA5N042A as the current revised front.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25222247...frcectupt=true

Territory front retainer nut is W710084S439, AU - BF use the same where as FG Falcon on uses bolts to hold the hub in and is off different design.

I would have to physically look at both to see what the difference is, most probably none except made by a different supplier.

What specifically are you trying to work out?
This user likes this post:
Old 09-07-2022, 11:29 AM   #16
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Rear hub nuts for BA to FGX and all Territory have the same part number BA5N042A as the current revised front.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25222247...frcectupt=true

Territory front retainer nut is W710084S439, AU - BF use the same where as FG Falcon on uses bolts to hold the hub in and is off different design.

I would have to physically look at both to see what the difference is, most probably none except made by a different supplier.

What specifically are you trying to work out?
I'll try not to confuse you or myself here...

In an earlier post you said F3LY3B477A (the original front black caged type pac nut for AU/BA/BF/Territory RWD) was replaced by W710084S439 (new grey nut) because you thought the supplier went bust and Ford sourced a new part.

I've always understood/believed the rear nut for all IRS vehicles from BA/SX onwards is BA5N042A. The ebay descriptions also lists it for the front of SX/SY AWD Territorys.

From what I can see F3LY3B477A and BA5N042A are identical. Same colour, design, thread size and pitch, measurements of the washer, cage, etc etc.

So what I'm trying to work out is why BA5N042A costs $20 more (or it did when I first looked at these around 12 months ago) than its superseded front counterpart and why is it listed as single use in the Workshop Manual and in the ebay descriptions.

I was hoping in your fountain of knowledge you might know why 2 seemingly physically identical parts are apparently different.

P.S. 11:07pm reply. I didnt realise you offered a 24/7 service.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:24 PM   #17
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

The reason why hub nuts are "One use only" :https://www.brakeandfrontend.com/vid...reuse-new-hub/

Also https://gmb.net/blog/common-wheel-hub-mistakes/ and https://www.svtperformance.com/threa...le-nuts.61531/ and https://www.familyhandyman.com/artic...ive-fasteners/

Last edited by aussiblue; 09-07-2022 at 07:53 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2022, 02:03 PM   #18
sprinter

Any chance of finding ed sprint indicator lights.
Cheers.
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2022, 02:19 PM   #19
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
Cheers.
It may help GT, and save him some time, if you could be a little more specific like front, rear, side?
Old 14-07-2022, 11:00 AM   #20
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter
Cheers.
It may help GT, and save him some time, if you could be a little more specific like front, rear, side?

i believe they are referring to the fronts?.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2022, 06:32 PM   #21
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
Cheers.
Front Clear lenses right same as normal ED XR

Nothing new around, keep eye out on eBay, FB etc.

Part numbers were:

LH EETVE13369A
RH EETVE13368A
Old 17-07-2022, 02:49 AM   #22
moey747

Hi any chance BA6584A has become available?
moey747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2022, 09:53 AM   #23
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by moey747 View Post
Hi any chance BA6584A has become available?
Yes it has but they have changed the part number to NU7Z6584A.

$75 plus postage.
Old 17-07-2022, 03:06 PM   #24
sprinter

Yeah sorry fronts. thanks for info.
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2022, 11:44 PM   #25
bb_zetec

Hi GTLEGEND,

Mate, when time permits do you happen to know if the FG-X XR6 Turbo Red Badge and Front Grille is still available new?

Part# i have for the badge is ER2Z 8B262 CA / Grille Part# is ER2Z 8200 CA

Cheers,

BB

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2022, 07:59 AM   #26
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_zetec View Post
Hi GTLEGEND,

Mate, when time permits do you happen to know if the FG-X XR6 Turbo Red Badge and Front Grille is still available new?

Part# i have for the badge is ER2Z 8B262 CA / Grille Part# is ER2Z 8200 CA

Cheers,

BB
Hi BB,

Based on the numbers provided,

Badge is obsolete, grille can still get for $295 plus postage.

GT
This user likes this post:
Old 26-07-2022, 09:14 PM   #27
bb_zetec

Thanks for the info GT, much appreciated.

Shame the badge is gone already, hopefully i can get the badge off my existing one without damaging it.

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2022, 08:56 PM   #28
XXX747

Hi GT are there any black headlining pieces left for fgx Ute?

Also does ford still stock lower fg xr8 air box and snorkel?
XXX747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2022, 11:49 PM   #29
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX747 View Post
Hi GT are there any black headlining pieces left for fgx Ute?

Also does ford still stock lower fg xr8 air box and snorkel?
Hey mate,

There are only a couple of Shadow Grey FGX Ute roof lining trim left.

5.4 FG XR8 I assume you are talking about, not 5.0? If so yes you can still get snorkels (only a handful left though) and air box for XR8 which is different to GT yes also, but again not too many left.

If you need help sourcing let me know.

GT
Old 07-08-2022, 04:17 PM   #30
mhyne

I am trying to source a replacement set of bushes for the upper rear shock bush on my 2011 SZ diesel Territory.

I was sent a set of nolathane bushes that allegedly fit but found them too small. The SZ territory shocks seem to be a different size to the Falcons etc.

So I am trying to locate the correct replacement bush and should one not be available, a set of replacement rear shocks.

Regards
Matt
mhyne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post