Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #601
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Default Re: Malaysian Airways Flight 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
I was thinking just that (the anus was a touch too comedic), but it was posted early yesterday.
I wonder what "RingTone" he had on his Iphone 5?

Sorry, I stand to be corrected but all of this speculative conspiracy stuff is right up there with the "truther" movement.
For starters, every nation which had a radar return of the aircraft would have to be in on it, and frankly most of them deep down hate each other and would have nothing to gain by cooperating in one of the worlds biggest mysteries.

By now, most of the wreckage would have sunk and realistically, it may take several months to locate it. The area really is that huge. Look at Air France 447, it took 2 years to find.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #602
nstg8a

I read another conspiracy theory that it's being held as a weapon to be unleashed during g20.
I might have to take that time off work and sit on the balcony at home. With the cameras set up, il have a grandstand view I reckon.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #603
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

Has anyone bothered to check what the numerous weather satellites may have seen.
Quote:
The United States Department of Defense's Meteorological Satellite (DMSP) can "see" the best of all weather vehicles with its ability to detect objects almost as 'small' as a huge oil tanker. In addition, of all the weather satellites in orbit, only DMSP can "see" at night in the visual.
They do a lap couple times a day..
redxm is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #604
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Remember JFK's "magic bullet" which Oswald fired which apparently defied physics with its trajectory and ability to harm multiple people. Recent analysis suggests that a secret service agent in his haste to protect JFK from further harm accidentally discharged his weapon which then fatally hit JFK. The magic bullet suited the needs of the secret service to cover up their incompetence - I don't think anyone would disagree that there's been incompetence dished out in spades during the dribble of news re MH370. For example, for this theory to be plausible it would mean Malaysia allowing an unidentified aircraft to fly unchallenged right through it's airspace?
Nope. Nope nope nope. The "magic bullet" was no such thing, and is a simple mistake by people who don't know about the seating arrangements in a Lincoln limousine. Connelly was sitting on a small jump seat which is located inboard from the edge of the car, and to the left of the president, on a much lower level close to the floor...not, as shown in diagrams, directly in front of the president on the same level. Very simple explanation shown by re-enactments using the identical type of car...some early re-enactments used a different type of car, one of the cars used in some films was even a Cadillac instead of a Lincoln.

But back to reality...yes, there has been staggering incompetence by Malaysia in this. They're simply not used to people demanding they turn over all they know NOW. The government there is used to keeping a tight hold on information and telling the public what they want, when they think the public needs to know it. They're used to being in total information control, and suddenly they have the worlds media, the regions governments, and the regions militaries all demanding information right now, as soon as possible, as accurately as possible. This confuses the hell out of Malaysia.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2014, 10:18 PM   #605
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
Look at Air France 447, it took 2 years to find.
only two years for the black boxes though want it? thought they found wreckage of that after only 5 days?

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #606
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apparently the vast amount of sea flotsam and junk is at least partly responsible for a great deal of the satellite images that have been looked at thus far. Probably explains why there has been conflicting stories of various satellites locating what we thought were debris fields in multiple locations.

I really do doubt the conspiracy theories and cover-up stories. Throughout history the human race has excelled at making mistakes, buggering things up, and then learing from the experience. I honestly believe that for all the wonderful stories of big brother, we are more than capable of losing stuff, in this case a plane, and basically having NFI as to what happened until evidence is found and the parts of the puzzle painstakingly put back together to arrive at an educated explanation.

The plane having gone down is a given. Exactly where, in an expanse of remote ocean of the scale we're talking, is the issue. I honestly think that nobody really knows.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2014, 01:17 AM   #607
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheap, lets not deviate from this important thread. The JFK assassination is world unto itself. We must stay focused on 370. pm if you wish
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-04-2014, 01:35 AM   #608
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An interesting question posted on another site. Why are there no Muslim nations helping in the search? Surely, other Muslim nations should help Islamic Malaysia ?? eg : Indonesia has a large airforce and navy >The six nations involved in the search are all Christian......
Old 04-04-2014, 04:14 AM   #609
Garp560
Starter Motor

Look... The Indian Ocean is a big place and the weather unpredictable. The search could have been sped up by involving internet computer users. Small tracts of satellite imagery could have been sent to volunteers who would have checked their area for floating material on the water. Those who found things could have reported the siting, this could have been checked, confirmed and the search area reduced.
Weather changes daily so repeat viewing of sites on the same, and following days by different viewers, would have increased the chance of identifying possible sites.
Ships and planes are expensive assets. Even the families of those on board could have helped in the search, plus thousands of internet users.
Come on world - think clever.
Garp560 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #610
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
An interesting question posted on another site. Why are there no Muslim nations helping in the search? Surely, other Muslim nations should help Islamic Malaysia ?? eg : Indonesia has a large airforce and navy >The six nations involved in the search are all Christian......
Darn good post!
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!
Other rides; '21 Jaguar F-Pace, '21 Ford Ranger FX4-MAX.
FPVS3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2014, 07:44 AM   #611
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
only two years for the black boxes though want it? thought they found wreckage of that after only 5 days?
Even after 2 years the recorders on AF447 told everything, ie the aircraft was held in a stalled condition all the way to the surface.
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #612
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garp560 View Post
Ships and planes are expensive assets. Even the families of those on board could have helped in the search, plus thousands of internet users.
Come on world - think clever.
And imagine the cost of running the Brit nuclear sub, perhaps they could write it off as just another exercise. Will be interesting to see what it can come up with.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #613
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
They only found some surface debris such as the carbon fibre tail fin after 5 days. It crashed on 1st June 2009.
It wasn't until 3rd April 2011 that the aircraft was located.
They also found 2 bodies in the water strapped to their seat, bodies that would have gained buoyancy as they start to rot and fill with gas, then after a couple of days when the gas is released through further rotting they would have sunk again.
This time period for MH370's passengers has passed and unsecured bodies that would have ascended the wreckage would have descended yet again.

Quote: