Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Is Schapelle Corby guilty of drug trafficking?
She's guilty. 51 17.06%
I don't believe she's guilty. 185 61.87%
Still undecided. 57 19.06%
Other. 6 2.01%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 22-04-2005, 08:07 PM   #31
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

After reading through all the posts so far, I'm wondering if there should some sort of baggage sealing system put in place.
Not fail safe I know, they can always be replaced and tampered with.
However if some seal was placed on bags by flight staff in Australia as you put things through to go into the cargo hold and there were was any sign of tampering with the seal when it came off the plane before it reached the passenger this may see some of the corrupt baggage handlers dealt with (as well as saving some lives.)

As for taking some of the good old Aussie stuff to Bali, where do you think the vast majority of the stuff that is sold here comes from? I'm not saying that it comes from Bali, but hand an Indonesian official some money and they see nothing.

Our borders cannot possibly be monitored for every foreign vessel that attempts to get through, Australia is a huge continent to be patrolling.
Old 22-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #32
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

They looked into something like that , it was on today tonight awhile back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 22-04-2005, 08:16 PM   #33
HOON69
Banned

she aint a drug runner
she doesnt fit the type doesnt act like the type
and if she's acting up she should be in the running for a oscar

imho she aint guilty
for one australia is pretty tight on drugs and im doubting that amount would of been not seen unless planted in their after being put through,bringing up the question it was a airport/inside job..

she's not guilty!
Old 22-04-2005, 08:17 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is a yet another stich up.

The only way I will EVER go to Bali is if I am conscripted and the 4.2kgs of green stuff I am carrying was made by the Lithgow Small Arms Factory and Sabco.

Been to several parts of SE Asia quite a few times and was ALWAYS very happy when I left.

P.S. I wonder if the intel on the 9 was provided as a swap for a "more favourable outcome".
Old 22-04-2005, 08:42 PM   #35
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
4.2 kilos of it? Shit, her sis would of had a killer time!
It would have lasted her until the next time she went over to visit and took some more.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 22-04-2005, 08:47 PM   #36
james

The thing is though, they wont let the aussie feds test the grass, if they test the grass, and see it came from bali then how the hell did she get it from australia to bali.

Not to mention why she would want to import it lol.

These indoneisan pricks are using her as pay back against the howard govt for east timor.

Poor girl i dont think she has done anything wrong. but is a victim of politics.

And those bent police pigs that are the indoneisan police, sell drugs to tourists, follow them back to the motel, bust them for having drugs then force them to pay a ransom. or they get thrown in jail.

We may never know the true story. if they do kill her, bloody hell what will happen i dont know.

Old 22-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #37
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
if they do kill her,
it has been agreed that she WONT be getting the death penalty. it will be LIFE instead and will probably be sent back here eventually.
Old 22-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #38
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
she aint a drug runner
she doesnt fit the type doesnt act like the type
Exactly!!
Her thinking would have been "I don't look dodgy, they'll never suspect me, I'm too pretty"

Appearances count for nothing.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 22-04-2005, 09:02 PM   #39
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
The thing is though, they wont let the aussie feds test the grass, if they test the grass, and see it came from bali then how the hell did she get it from australia to bali.
Now that I haven't heard, fu(kers!

As for the baggage sealing question, aparrently there has been a crew that for a whiel now basically glad wrap your luggage. But nothing stopping baggage guys from undoing it, planting something, and then wrapping it again :/
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 22-04-2005, 09:10 PM   #40
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

It was only suggested to the judges that she not face the firing squad, there are no guarantees that she wont be put in front of one if the judges decide that is what she deserves.

Quote:
The Age, Friday, 22 April 2005.
The prosecution's submission is only a recommendation and it will be up to the three judges to determine Corby's guilt or innocence and impose any sentence, which could be higher or lower than the prosecutors' recommendation.
Old 22-04-2005, 09:16 PM   #41
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

firstly, what kinda **** heads kill people for smuggling. Murder and rape, MAYBE. but smuggling (whatever it is) isn't worth the death penalty.

secondly, what kinda **** heads have a 'guilty until proven innocent' legal system. (i might be wrong, it's what i've been told)

thirdly, why the hell would anyone think they could get through customs ANYWHERE (aust especially) with four kilo's of dope in their bag?

fourthly, (?) i sure hope theres some kinda of aussie official sitting quietly in the back of the courtroom keeping an eye on things, and writing a killer (life saving) report.

fifthly, (?) if she gets life, are we gonna get the FFA vigalante together (along with russell crowe) and rock over there, bust her out?

-Stu

Last edited by dogbreath_48; 22-04-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 22-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #42
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath_48
firstly, what kinda **** heads kill people for smuggling. Murder and rape, MAYBE. but smuggling (whatever it is) isn't worth the death penalty.
Actually I dont think its such a bad idea. In the end drug smugglers prey on peoples weakness', and some of those people die from it. So they ALMOST have a responsibility; which is probably the wrong word but dealers are scum in my book and dont deserve to live.

Oh yeah and the fact that drug are illegal doesn't help there case.

But there just isn't enough evidence to support a death verdict in this instence.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 22-04-2005, 09:25 PM   #43
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this poor woman has been caught up in all this shit through no doing of her own. from wat ive heard she says that she didnt have the bag locked or anythn and produced it for inspection without hessitation. why would any1 do that if they had 4.2kgs of grass in it? and wats bullshit is that she faced death (now apparently life in prision). a life sentence in indonesia literally means that. wat bout that terrorist dude who got 2 yrs for the bali bombings. that is crap. he should get shot up.
Old 22-04-2005, 09:26 PM   #44
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath_48
fifthly, (?) if she gets life, are we gonna get the FFA vigalante together (along with russell crowe) and rock over there, bust her out?

-Stu
Depends, who's bringing the bong? :hihi:
Old 22-04-2005, 09:36 PM   #45
FordFan86
meow

I don't think she did it.
Hasn't there been papers brought forward which showeed the amount of shifts she took, overtime etc to get money to pay for her trip? surely she wouldn't need to work so much is she was a druggy....
Old 22-04-2005, 10:18 PM   #46
lowelsedan
Starter Motor

Talking Mistaken Boogie Board

My thoughts are the Dope was mistakenly put into the wrong luggage via [air craft Loader or similar}and was meant to go to Brisbane to make some cash.
Its not hard, much luggage looks the same. Then it was put on a Dolly and loaded on the wrong Aircraft. If she was guilty, wouldn't she have looked more scared when caught? She laughed it off, thinking it was all a mistake.
Poor Girl.
I've been to Bali ...Hated it .Lasted 3 days ..Shitty Hole.but each to there own.
Want to help her? Don't go there. If every Aussie didn't go there for holidays the place would be F****D. Tourism is there only Industry ,besides Crime.
As for the Story on Today Tonight, ever tried loading a Boeing 737 full of bags/freight/surfboards etc with shrinkwrap around them? Good on paper....
Don't mean to be negative but No Luggage that goes into the Bulk Hold is X-rayed. And I'll throw one in, Beagle Dogs are only Fruit Sniffing Dogs.
Drug Traffickers hide the smell of Dope with Coffee, Talcan Powder , Purfume etc. Seen shit loads of it, Cops watching it all the time. Didn't touch it, ever.
I worked for Ansett as a loader for 7 years, theyre not all criminals,your need a Federal police check before employment, but who knows who goes bad.
Ask the two loaders at Virgin Blue ADL who found a suitcase full of Dope and stole it , as they we going on holidays that night.[100,000k] Seemed to belong to some Dudes that rode American Motorcycles....Lots of em.......
They Shit themselves, told the cops, lost their jobs and owe alot of money or they cruise around on gofers.
Anyway Happy Holidays
Old 22-04-2005, 11:20 PM   #47
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Actually I dont think its such a bad idea. In the end drug smugglers prey on peoples weakness', and some of those people die from it. So they ALMOST have a responsibility; which is probably the wrong word but dealers are scum in my book and dont deserve to live.

Oh yeah and the fact that drug are illegal doesn't help there case.
Yeah peadophiles prey on little children, and they don't even get life in prison, yet again the death sentence. drugs is small time. the choice is yours whether to take them, but the choice for a few hundred people that got blown up by the bloke that got 2 years for it didn't have any say in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinmyEB
Depends, who's bringing the bong? :hihi:
lol, nice one.
Old 22-04-2005, 11:48 PM   #48
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Schapelle Corby is innocent. I go with the corrupt baggage handlers theory. Taking dope to Bali?? A bit like taking ice to the eskimos. This poor girl is going to rot over there.

The other 9 deserve everything they get. How dumb are they? Hoardings everywhere that advertise the death penalty for drug smuggling and what do these people do?? Seems like Darwin's theory of natural selection to me.

I will never go there or any other shithole that has an inherently corrupt beauraucracy running the place, particularly with people only one step above the savages!! In Indonesia's case the government, police and military are mostly Javanese which are the worst.

Call me xenophobic..... I don't give a shit!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Old 23-04-2005, 01:45 AM   #49
xrgran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman
Schapelle Corby is innocent. I go with the corrupt baggage handlers theory. Taking dope to Bali?? A bit like taking ice to the eskimos. This poor girl is going to rot over there.

The other 9 deserve everything they get. How dumb are they? Hoardings everywhere that advertise the death penalty for drug smuggling and what do these people do?? Seems like Darwin's theory of natural selection to me.
I totally agree. The 'Camel suit' is a fine example of tampered with baggage..

Schapelle has been apparently traveling to Bali for the past 10 years, so would know the concequences of drug smuggling. The poor girl is now doomed to either the death penalty or life inprisonment. The latter may not seem that much different to the firing squad to her at the moment, sharing a small cell with 6 other women, living in squander, eating food that you wouldn't give your pets, with no toilet to use as such. Just a tiny drainhole in the corner of the floor.

As for the other 9 Australians. They are old enough to have thought this thru and unfortunately saw this as the way for a big buck and free holiday. How close were they all to their families though before they left? Most of the parents interviewed on tv said that they hadn't heard from their kids and didn't know they owned passports and were out of the country.

Old 23-04-2005, 01:50 AM   #50
chippa6
Novice Professional

Lets throw a spin on things and i will introduce a conspiracy theory.

-Why is "MAD" Ron Bakir the financial backer for Corby's legal team?

-Did "MAD" (nee "Crazy") Ron have anything to do with the drugs be it with Corby or via an interstate trafficking setup via baggage handlers "On The Payroll" using pre-arranged bags to despatch and receive the drugs say for example between Brisbane and Sydney?

-If it IS an interstate operation does "MAD" Ron feel guilty that his plan went wrong and a possible innocent individual has fallen for some shady dealings?

Something to think about???????
Old 23-04-2005, 12:25 PM   #51
MrQuan
Social Disaster

I agree. Either she's innocent and was setup - or she's really really stupid, and she's doesn't seems that dumb.

My guess is she's innocent.

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
Old 23-04-2005, 12:53 PM   #52
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

Guilty.
Just cause she comes across ok in the media doesnt mean your hearing the whole story or getting any facts beyond what the media thinks will help push more newspapers as everyone feels oh so sorry for her as she is a nice looking aussie girl who is a beauty therapist.

In saying that - I wouldnt be surprised if she got off now , not because she is guilty but because we gave them the other 9.
Old 23-04-2005, 01:12 PM   #53
watever

u would notice id ur bag was suddenly 4 kilos heavyer
Old 23-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #54
Kirky

Why would you take drugs into Bali??? The simple and honest answer is you just would'nt!

When i was in Bali my travel guide said to me and i quote "When you get offered drugs and you will, just say no thankyou very much, If you kick up a stink you will be arrested for possesion! The dealers are working for the police and you will be locked up". The next thing she said "if you hire a motor bike you will be pulled over by the police, Just pay the bribe and you will be ok"
I was offered drugs everyday for 15 days.
They are so corrupt it is not even funny.

No one takes drugs into Indo, they only get taken out.

The Australian Goverment (yes you Mr Howard) Are as weak as a stale bottle of P***S.

She is inocent.

And speaking of the Australian GOV. You would be surprised of what they actually let into the country. I knew a FED who knew of a huge shipment coming in from Indo via a boat. But their budget did not allow for them to go and raid and seize. So it came into Aus.

It is about time that some Australian people got their head out of their ****'s and realised what really goes on in this country.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Kirky; 23-04-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 23-04-2005, 02:40 PM   #55
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdave351
Guilty.

In saying that - I wouldnt be surprised if she got off now , not because she is guilty but because we gave them the other 9.
EXACTLY!
The 9 arrested last week are the "exchange" for Corby's life.
I believe our federal government were petrified of the public backlash if Corby was shot, especially after our Tsunami generosity etc.
The obvious deal was.. "here is 9 that ARE guilty..Shoot them or whatever But give us Corby"! and she'll either go free or serve a "token" sentence in Australia.
When in the past have our federal cops ever worked this way with corrupt Indonesian cops?
The whole fiasco reeks of conspiracy!
Old 23-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #56
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I say Corby is guilty.

I'm also disappointed that her case is getting so much attention - when im sure plenty of other innocent people are behind bars too under questionable circumstances.

Everyone does keep saying why take drugs in? Well the same argument applies to the other 9 - as to why take drugs out if you face death? The point is - you mightnt see the reasoning - but people still do these things.

I also am seeing some real harshness towards the other nine. Have you ever thought more about their situation? These are kids that havent had a huge amount of contact and/or guidance from their parents (as someone has mentioned already), they might be having hard times financially, etc. It is entirely possible that they didnt know they were going to be asked to smuggle drugs back into Aus. Sure they went on a free holiday, and were promised cash to do a 'job'.

Again you and I might immediately have reservations about it - and would expect something to be dodgy. Again - not all people are going to think like that. These kids were vulnerable. Short on cash - never been overseas before. They are easy to manipulate.

So on the day they are flying out - they are told their 'job' is to smuggle heroin back to Aus. Some then had reservations - and this is when the kingpins of the operation produced photos of their families (scary that they even had done that) and told these kids that their families will be killed if they dont go through with the job.

Sorta puts it in a different perspective........(for me anyway).

My family's lives, or my life. Make the choice under pressured circumstances in a hotel room ready to fly back home - with these leeches breathing down your neck. Add the financial aspect to it - hell - I reckon I can understand why they did it. Im not saying I agree with it - but I can understand it.

Seems that a lot of views on their position is that 'they knew what they were doing, full wraith of the law', etc. And I dont believe that to be a fair judgment.

I also agree that the death penalty in any case of smuggling is not appropriate. More so with this case of 9. So executing a bunch of drug mules is going to do what in the battle against drug importation? Nothing. The guys running it dont care if the people they recruit die - they care about getting their gear imported and making huge wads of cash.
Old 23-04-2005, 02:55 PM   #57
b2tf
not here much anymore

In all honesty i dont think she's guilty but i also think there is a LOT more to it than we are being told.

I for one would start shooting the media that crowd around her whenever she appears, media in general **** me off the way they hound people and shove mics and cameras in their faces.

One thing i will say is that perhaps Indonesia is a bit misguided. Im neither for or against the death penalty, however in the case of peadophiles etc i dont think anyone would miss them if they were gone. However even if she is guilty, she doesnt deserve to die, not when they let that Abu Bakr Bashir guy live, even after he plotted the Bali Bombings.
Old 23-04-2005, 04:10 PM   #58
460cixy
burn out king

i recon she is not guilty. wouldent suprize me if she is put to death tho will make an example out of her . funny tho ya can blow up a bar and treat it like a joke and get away with it . indo just stinks. needs another big wave to wash it clean i recon. besides after all the money we gave them dont we own indo now?
Old 23-04-2005, 04:46 PM   #59
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

I think she's innocent and the sh!t's been planted on her, who needs a reason nowadays there's so many fvckwits around that do it just for laughs/kicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
"Hey sis thought you might miss the good aussie green, here ya go!"
Aussie green ain't THAT good, I doubt Indonesian dope would be worse. :
Old 23-04-2005, 04:49 PM   #60
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Some interesting view points I must admit.

I do agree that we will never know the full story due to the corruption in the Indo region. However the media isn't helping any either.