Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #31
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

So can I ask what happen on the holden forum?
ferris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 08:20 PM   #32
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I think you people with imports should stop sooking.

Its wrong that you got "picked" on but if you buy that kind of car; and go to meets then im sorry but expect it to happen time after time.

Also calling cops pigs is a bit low; kept that for the commy cruising sites.
First of all mate, not sooking. Secondly, he never picked on anything or any part of the car, all mods are completed safely and legally. Thirdly, we are talking about the 90 degree reverse parking rule here. Lets try not to get off the topic too much.

As for calling Cops what I did; this is how it goes and all of you know its damn True.

Cops generalise all of us car enthusiasts as road hoons and the main cause of accidents. Thats a bit low mate.
The day they stop generalising us, only then will we stop generalising them.

By the way, the majority of these Jap cars have so much money spent on their mods (quality and precision installs) that Cops could not really pick on much. These cars are generally more roadworthy than Cop cars themselves.

Offcourse we are use to getting pulled over, but for a RW check, not for Reverse parking. I this is low from the Cops side to even make the effort, to make it worthwhile he should have gone over the car as well.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 08:23 PM   #33
mr_efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
mr_efxr: How long have you had the skyline?
My miss has had the car for over 3 years now. Everytime we have been pulled over, it has been the usual random roadworthy check. We are reaching new heights now! lol.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:47 PM   #34
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_efxr
By the way, the majority of these Jap cars have so much money spent on their mods (quality and precision installs) that Cops could not really pick on much. These cars are generally more roadworthy than Cop cars themselves.
Too true. It is the 1% that ruins it for everyone.
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 10:19 PM   #35
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Calling a cop a pig tends to imply not that you are singling out this person, but that you are labelling the entire force as pigs.

If a person (who happens to be black) does something to **** you off and you have a go at them, do you call them a nigger instead of a ********? One term here is derogatory and generalises, whereas the other is a personal insult that would be fine to use in this circumstance. No prizes for guessing which is which.

I can't really think of a way to interweave the above paragraphs, but I hope someone gets my drift...

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 10:25 PM   #36
FordFan86
meow

"What's the colour of a 2 cent piece...."
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 10:43 PM   #37
347Stroker
Banned

As far as I know guys, it is illegal to reverse onto a roadway, and can be booked for "entering a roadway in an unsafe manner" so I think that the occifer in question may have been a little out of line.
I am not sure if this rule applies in Vic, but it does in other states, but is one of those laws overlooked, and only used when they need to find something to get you with...as they did to me many years ago.
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #38
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

LMAO! Nothing like a bit of light-hearted humour eh :
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 11:37 PM   #39
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

lol how do you get out a parallel park if you can't reverse onto a roadway? without reverse parallel parking of course...
Old 14-07-2005, 10:16 PM   #40
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

I was really, really curious as to whether this was true or not so when Geoff (a Geelong copper) came into work yesterday - I asked him!

He's pretty high up in the force and said that no, it isn't illegal. So there you go.
FordGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 11:05 PM   #41
mr_efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirl
I was really, really curious as to whether this was true or not so when Geoff (a Geelong copper) came into work yesterday - I asked him!

He's pretty high up in the force and said that no, it isn't illegal. So there you go.
Thanks FordGirl, much appreciated. Now even more living proof of a lying copper with too much time on his hands and nothing realistic to do. Amazing how much bull a Cop can spin just to pull someone over and write up on his patrol sheet.