Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #31
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Re: 177 in a 60 zone! WHAT ON EARTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Just wondering in what situation would 177 in a 60 zone be ok?

1) Pursuing Osama bin Hitler?
2) Carrying an armed nuclear weapon with a timer out of the town?
3) Donut shop is closing?

How fast is too fast? 61? 70? 100? 110? 130? 999?

It is embarrassing how many on here who pretend to be car enthusiasts repetitively go off like scruby on red bull every single time there is an event the involves speed without even looking at the whole situation.

Reading some of the threads on here usually started by the same small group of alarmist narcissists makes me double check that I haven't accidentally logged on to www.walk.com.au/fifth_colum....
In Malaysia, the police have to make do with gutless, hopeless domestic cars (3 cylinder daihatsu clone, or best car is a 2.0L n/a mitsubishi clone). Civilians have cars much more capable. So to intercept someone, they don't bother with the lights or sirens. Call all available units to block the next couple of intersections, or the highway itself and the pursued won't know they're pursued until they have nowhere left to go. Brains instead of brawn?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #32
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by medz84
seriously if cops are chasing crims and it becomes dangerous then stop chasing!!!!
cops doing the wrong thing to catch someone else doing something wrong doesnt seem right to me, too many power trips from the police,

police are supposed to protect the general public, people that steal cars generally arnt a threat to public, getting in high speed persuits are!!

not at all supporting car theifs, theifs in general are the lowest form of scum!!
but your daughter,son,mum,dad etc etc is more important!!
So are you saying that if Police chase someone and they dont stop then let them go.
And how do you think Police spot a stolen car or some tool, it's because they are usually flogging along at mach 1 or doing burn outs or leaving the scene of a home invasion where they have just bashed some poor innocent for his car.

If they dont chase then anarchy will rule the roads.
I would be devasted if my daughter was killed by someone during a chase, but the only person I woul blame would be the car thief.

Just imagine, cops want to pull you over for not wearing your seat belt, just take off, dont stop. They cant prove who was driving so you get away with it, like thats going to work.

As someone else said, they're damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Dont stop, straight to prison, once word gets out they will dump the car and take their chances on foot. More chance of getting away on foot anyway.
Old 24-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #33
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

I don't know. If the cops can't chase, what's the point. Everything is in favour of the criminal. If the cops are trained enough to drive at high speed then they should if the need arises. Calling off chases just encourages the crims to drive like a bat out of hell with no chance of being caught. Everyone seems to forget that these idiots that start the chases are totally at fault. I have no sympathy for them. If they crash, that's totally their fault. They know the risk, they make the decision. Being drunk or on drugs is no excuse either. They knew the deal, they know the cost, they know the risk, they make the decision, they'll pay the price.

The cops should be allowed to use the pit manoeuvre like they do in the US. The courts shouldn't be letting these idiots off lightly either. There has to be a large cost to engaging the cops in a high speed chase. It has to hurt. Unfortunately you can kill a heap of people and live a pleasant fulfilling life in prison and even study law inside at the communities expense.
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #34
krzysiek

If the guy didn't run off this wouldn't have happened. The cops are there to do a job. It is their job to get people to stop for them if instructed to do so. Maybe the driver (cop) wasn't looking at the speedo - big deal. Eyes on the road doing 177 km/h is better in my opinion than the 150 km/h he should have been driving, especially if he is looking down at the speedo every now and then.

In the end, the driver unfortunately got what was coming. Here you're all angry at the cops, when this idiot is the one who broke the law because he didn't stop. If the cops want to catch him, obviously they're going to need to match his speed.

I wasn't there so I don't know how dangerous it was. But if it was night / deserted / relatively safe and a long stretch of road, then I can easily see 170 km/h happening.

Unfortunately the guy died, but in my opinion if he has the nerve to speed that much with cops chasing him, then he probably has the nerve to do it when they're not on his back. In either case, I am happy a driver like that is off the roads.

I have no idea why everyone is blaming the cops, I am sure as hell if the driver just did a hit and run and killed someone you loved you would be egging the cops on to go as quick as they could to catch the driver - would you not?

Last edited by flappist; 24-03-2012 at 01:37 AM. Reason: The swear filter is there for a reason
krzysiek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #35
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau Stable
For those of you who want to bag cops for going too fast, think about this for a second. You see a crim and give chase. You have to drive aggressively and above the limit. YOU NEED TO CONCENTRATE ON THE TASK AT HAND. I would rather they go faster and pay attention to the road ahead etc, instead of looking up and down at their speedo while chasing some POS because he thinks the law doesn't apply to him. Think about it people! So many complain that they can't be expected to look down at their speedo all the time and the new speed cameras are rubbish. How is it any doifferent when these guys are under a much more stressful situation that requires their utmost concentration to keep their vehicle in the right direction?
We'll start with this...

This has NOTHING to do with looking at the speedo, most know when they are doing over 150...

But they were told to pull out after it hit 120km/h...

For all those who keep protecting the cop, since forever, two wrongs don't make a right, and in this case it made 3 wrongs..

We should invest in helicopters, helicopters don't follow these laws and cars/theives DO not get away, besides this it's generally hard to tell if a chopper is a police chopper and with heat vision they don't need to use the light to give it away.

In reality, they should have slowed down...

And it's Melbourne, is there not a whole bunch of undercover cops that could have quietly pursuited?

The cops and the criminal in the wrong, a life could have been saved if rules were followed..

You simply can't say that if the cops follow their own rules the criminals think they can get away.

That's like me saying if I don't steal food I won't be able to live, so it's okay for me to do it. NO, it's not, just like it wasn't okay for these guys not to pull away then exceed their own speeding limit.

Cops have a job to do, they do it properly they can happily say "F U" to anyone that blames them for the criminal getting away, the abided the rules, now they are the blame for both problems.

Not much just yet but it's only a start.

Last edited by XR6Naranja; 24-03-2012 at 01:28 AM.
XR6Naranja is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #36
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith
Time for recorders in all vehicles. Not the cops fault, minimum 15 years for a runner IMO. Time to look at restricting all vehicles to a max of 125km/h as well.
Yes, I have always wanted the government to protect me from hurting myself. Will they wrap me in bubble wrap too? What would my bedtime be?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #37
Landau Stable
Landau Tragic

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his many posts on welding and fabricating for coupes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Naranja
We'll start with this...

This has NOTHING to do with looking at the speedo, most know when they are doing over 150...

For all those who keep protecting the cop, since forever, two wrongs don't make a right, and in this case it made 3 wrongs..

We should invest in helicopters, helicopters don't follow these laws and cars/theives DO not get away, besides this it's generally hard to tell if a chopper is a police chopper and with heat vision they don't need to use the light to give it away.

And it's Melbourne, is there not a whole bunch of undercover cops that could have quietly pursuited?

The cops and the criminal in the wrong, a life could have been saved if rules were followed..

I'm not going to get into the 120km bit, since i have no idea about that part of it. I'll say this much though. Do you really think cops love a chase? There are cops and ex cops on here who have mentioned with dread that they hate the chase and the risks involved. When you see scum making a break, you need to keep up. You really think a chopper will get in the air and follow the scum in a matter of seconds? Think that fuel is cheap to keep a chopper on permanent standby? It is not feasible. Others mentioned it already. If the scum just knocked down your daughter/wife/ sister etc, do you want them to call it off or get that son of a *****? Crims aren't all stupid. Some of them are quite smart despite their pathetic behaviour. Only a matter of time before they all gun it to a cut off speed, and bam, off they go never to be caught. I'll go out on a limb and say that perhaps you have not been on the recieving end of any serious crime, or seen loved ones go through it. Maybe i'm wrong, but i tell you, when you've been on the recieving end, you want the cops to do everything they can to do justice. Their job is to stop these mongrels. At what cost? What cost is it if they never give chase? What is the cost to society when crims get more and more brazen because they KNOW they can get away with it?
Old 24-03-2012, 01:54 AM   #38
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
I'm not going to get into the 120km bit, since i have no idea about that part of it. I'll say this much though. Do you really think cops love a chase? There are cops and ex cops on here who have mentioned with dread that they hate the chase and the risks involved.
I never said they loved it, and in fact if they dread it they already go into it with a bad feeling about it... These coppers didn't dread it enough to back it off.

Quote:
When you see scum making a break, you need to keep up. You really think a chopper will get in the air and follow the scum in a matter of seconds? Think that fuel is cheap to keep a chopper on permanent standby?
It causes less deaths, it causes less crashes, the money paid to clean the road up, replace the cars, that means nothing at all...

I live in a place that has used the chopper on many occasions... not EVERY occasion, but many...

Quote:
It is not feasible. Others mentioned it already. If the scum just knocked down your daughter/wife/ sister etc, do you want them to call it off or get that son of a *****? Crims aren't all stupid. Some of them are quite smart despite their pathetic behaviour. Only a matter of time before they all gun it to a cut off speed, and bam, off they go never to be caught.
If this happens this happens, what's the loss? a car?

Not multiple cars, and not lives, by the time they get anywhere further enough to just gun it away from the population a chopper would be on it, especially in Melbourne?

If not like I said there are undercover cops, it'll alarm the thief less until he actually gives it some, this way the chase isn't pre-maturely armed, this could have given it more time.

Quote:
I'll go out on a limb and say that perhaps you have not been on the recieving end of any serious crime, or seen loved ones go through it. Maybe i'm wrong, but i tell you, when you've been on the recieving end, you want the cops to do everything they can to do justice. Their job is to stop these mongrels. At what cost? What cost is it if they never give chase? What is the cost to society when crims get more and more brazen because they KNOW they can get away with it?
I have, to the point a family member had a stone statue dropped on his head and killed...

But how would you like the be the family of the person who got hit by the criminal? and if that person was killed? you would eternally blame the cops, and with good reason, the same reasons they are in the firing line for now would be the same they'd be taken to court for.

I could hate the cops for not retrieving my car or not catching the guy who hit my family, but in the end, would it be their fault... No...

two wrongs have never made a right, and this is just how it is.

Old 24-03-2012, 02:23 AM   #39
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Its very simple.

Is the risk of any vehicle flying thru a 60 zone at 150kmh+ worth it in pursuit of a stolen car?

Its just a car. People have insurance.

There have been a few deaths related to pursuits in Canberra in the past few years. The best case scenario is that the cops catch the bugger and he will probably get a very minor sentence in court.

Downside is that people are dying regularly in these pursuits. 3 people died in a Canberra pursuit in 2010.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #40
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd
Its very simple.

Is the risk of any vehicle flying thru a 60 zone at 150kmh+ worth it in pursuit of a stolen car?

There have been a few deaths related to pursuits in Canberra in the past few years. The best case scenario is that the cops catch the bugger and he will probably get a very minor sentence in court.

Downside is that people are dying regularly in these pursuits. 3 people died in a Canberra pursuit in 2010.
On the other hand, if pursuits were prohibited why would you register your car? Just buy a common coloured common model, fit fake plates which you would change regularly and if confronted just do a runner.

If you knew the pursuit limit was, for example, 30km/h over the limit just do 40.

Speed cameras don't work if they can't send a fine in the mail.........

One of the biggest problem with Australian society is we have at least one almost two generations of people who have grown up without almost any discipline or experience in repercussions for their actions.

The obnoxious little kid who swears at his teacher screaming "you can't touch me I have rights" grows up into the obnoxious adult who has no regard for authority or his fellow man.

The most amusing thing is that the howling wowsers who are always so aghast and offended by adult misbehaviour are the same ones who scream childrens' rights and are vehemently against corporal punishment.

All trees grow from seeds.........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #41
Landau Stable
Landau Tragic

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his many posts on welding and fabricating for coupes 

Quote:
I never said they loved it, and in fact if they dread it they already go into it with a bad feeling about it... These coppers didn't dread it enough to back it off.

It causes less deaths, it causes less crashes, the money paid to clean the road up, replace the cars, that means nothing at all...

I live in a place that has used the chopper on many occasions... not EVERY occasion, but many...

If this happens this happens, what's the loss? a car?

Not multiple cars, and not lives, by the time they get anywhere further enough to just gun it away from the population a chopper would be on it, especially in Melbourne?

If not like I said there are undercover cops, it'll alarm the thief less until he actually gives it some, this way the chase isn't pre-maturely armed, this could have given it more time.

I have, to the point a family member had a stone statue dropped on his head and killed...

But how would you like the be the family of the person who got hit by the criminal? and if that person was killed? you would eternally blame the cops, and with good reason, the same reasons they are in the firing line for now would be the same they'd be taken to court for.

I could hate the cops for not retrieving my car or not catching the guy who hit my family, but in the end, would it be their fault... No...

two wrongs have never made a right, and this is just how it is.

I can honestly say that i would never blame the cops if there was a death in my family due to a chase. It will always be the crims fault. ALWAYS. For me, it can't be any more black and white than that.
Old 24-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #42
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
On the other hand, if pursuits were prohibited why would you register your car? Just buy a common coloured common model, fit fake plates which you would change regularly and if confronted just do a runner.

If you knew the pursuit limit was, for example, 30km/h over the limit just do 40.

One of the biggest problem with Australian society is we have at least one almost two generations of people who have grown up without almost any discipline or experience in repercussions for their actions.

The obnoxious little kid who swears at his teacher screaming "you can't touch me I have rights" grows up into the obnoxious adult who has no regard for authority or his fellow man.

The most amusing thing is that the howling wowsers who are always so aghast and offended by adult misbehaviour are the same ones who scream childrens' rights and are vehemently against corporal punishment.

Uh oh.. we agree on something.... !!!!

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #43
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Cops arn't allowed to do anything, Tasers, Cars etc...

Criminals will have their way!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #44
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
One of the rare times I agree with you.

The justice system is never going to work until the magistrates realise they need to work with the police rather than against them (Pat O'Shane being a prominent example).

What's the point of engaging in a pursuit anyway, when the magistrate is simply going to give the offender a slap on the wrist.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #45
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Police have established basic ground rules for pursuit, I think we should let them review this situation and see what comes out.
If the offers in the field have been told to break off or have not effectively communicated increasing danger to the community
then they are in breach.

As much was police want to catch criminals, they are fully aware that innocent civilians may become victims in
an elevated chase scenario where a from of road rage takes over and the "you can't do that to me" takes over.
It's up to cool heads to be in control whenever a pursuit begins to monitor the situation and apply good judgement.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #46
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Sums it up perfectly.
Old 24-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #47
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Time for vehicle TAZERS..... Just fire the electrodes from the cop car and disable the fleeing car.......

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #48
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Time for vehicle TAZERS..... Just fire the electrodes from the cop car and disable the fleeing car.......
Seen these in movies?

But don't know if they are real?

Quote:

Amazing, never thought I'd agree with much you say, I know tonnes of kids with this attitude.

In fact if the cane were to go back to schools and belting were okay, history is only to tell the difference between kids then and kids now..

Quote:
I can honestly say that i would never blame the cops if there was a death in my family due to a chase. It will always be the crims fault. ALWAYS. For me, it can't be any more black and white than that.
Well that just works in all ways, you are the family of an innocent by stander, the cops are breaking their own rules your family member gets killed, the possibility of if the cops had of abided by their own rules your family member may have not died is there.

Your son is the guy being chased, he is off his tree but usually is an alright kid, the cops didn't abide by their rules he crashes and dies, we all say hip hip horay, but what about that family?

Cops crash and they both die, but if they abided by their own rules they may have lived, we all say well they should have followed their rules but that'd make us all hypocrites, and then that family grieves as well, but they'd most likely be rewarded for their efforts.

There is so many points of veiws that in the end of the day if rules were followed and alternative pursuits were taken this may have ended out better for everyone, the criminal may have lived and be in jail now for 20 years, the cops wouldn't be under the gun, and that innocent driver may have not been hit, for as long as there is a may have, there will always be speculation about the right thing to do.

All the cops get now is, they possibly forced death upon someone, they lied, and they broke the rules.

When they could have gotten, a little bit of criticism for not chasing because they abided by their own rules, which is the point of these rules, the stop anything bad happening, and the car would have been replaced by insurance, most lost is a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Cops arn't allowed to do anything, Tasers, Cars etc...

Criminals will have their way!
Cops don't seem to know how to use tasers? how many people have died in Australia since the introduction, from tasers? they think it's harmless, until the guy isn't moving anymore.

Old 24-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #49
Landau Stable
Landau Tragic

Quote:
Seen these in movies?

But don't know if they are real?

Well that just works in all ways, you are the family of an innocent by stander, the cops are breaking their own rules your family member gets killed, the possibility of if the cops had of abided by their own rules your family member may have not died is there.

Your son is the guy being chased, he is off his tree but usually is an alright kid, the cops didn't abide by their rules he crashes and dies, we all say hip hip horay, but what about that family?

Cops crash and they both die, but if they abided by their own rules they may have lived, we all say well they should have followed their rules but that'd make us all hypocrites, and then that family grieves as well, but they'd most likely be rewarded for their efforts.

There is so many points of veiws that in the end of the day if rules were followed and alternative pursuits were taken this may have ended out better for everyone, the criminal may have lived and be in jail now for 20 years, the cops wouldn't be under the gun, and that innocent driver may have not been hit, for as long as there is a may have, there will always be speculation about the right thing to do.

All the cops get now is, they possibly forced death upon someone, they lied, and they broke the rules.

When they could have gotten, a little bit of criticism for not chasing because they abided by their own rules, which is the point of these rules, the stop anything bad happening, and the car would have been replaced by insurance, most lost is a car.

I think you are missing my point mate. There shouldn't be such limiting factors in the first place. The cops should be able to use their judgement and give chase without worrying if they go over a certain speed limit by 1km or 10km. When something goes down, i want the police to do their best and bring a crim to justice. If that crim was my family, then so be it. No excuses. If a copo feels unsafe and calls it off, then so be it. If they feel in control, then i say keepe going as they see fit. Yes, it's all about being level headed. They have enough restrictions as it is, to do a very difficult job at times. Lets not keep tying their hands and still expect them to bring results, or crucify them for doing their job. If a POS decides to run, then they should know they will not get off lightly. As i said, i would never blame the cops if something happened to my family as a result of a chase. It is the crim who broke the law, and the crim who decided to make a run for it. They are at fault, plain and simple.
Old 24-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #50
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
I think you are missing my point mate. There shouldn't be such limiting factors in the first place. The cops should be able to use their judgement and give chase without worrying if they go over a certain speed limit by 1km or 10km. When something goes down, i want the police to do their best and bring a crim to justice. If that crim was my family, then so be it. No excuses. If a copo feels unsafe and calls it off, then so be it. If they feel in control, then i say keepe going as they see fit. Yes, it's all about being level headed. They have enough restrictions as it is, to do a very difficult job at times. Lets not keep tying their hands and still expect them to bring results, or crucify them for doing their job. If a POS decides to run, then they should know they will not get off lightly. As i said, i would never blame the cops if something happened to my family as a result of a chase. It is the crim who broke the law, and the crim who decided to make a run for it. They are at fault, plain and simple.
Yeah I understand, but the same reason the rules were put in place for the average person are there for cops, to protect.

In reality I know the cars here are tuned F6's/Tuned Holdens/Tuned Lancers/Tuned Camrys, they are all faster then the average car, so I also don't understand why this chase wasn't ended earlier, which is a CRUCIAL fact that isn't provided, length of chase?

What I'd like to do is remove the personal opinion side, in my personal opinion, my car is insured, if the cops don't catch it within their own legal limitations the car will turn up somewhere, either crashed, thrashed, ditched or burnt, but it'll likely be replaced, all I'm saying is in this case, the car was both crashed and took a life, and now the cops are also under fire for it who theoretically they'll lose their lives too, just not physically, so in the end was it even worth it?

And if I go by your point of view that you'd rather see the criminal caught for his wrong, is it not more satisfying to know that a criminal spend jail time and suffer as his punishment, or get the easy way out?

Old 24-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #51
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

I'm just trying to see it from a judges point of view, myself and many of my mates catch cops doing illegal things all the time, what sort of role models is that?

And they are never caught out for it ever?

What I can't understand is that now it involves a criminal and they are caught out for finally breaking their own rules, why are they backed without giving any thought to the whole situation un-biasedly.

They are both in the wrong, the criminal already has his punishment, cops are getting theirs, and had the criminal of crashed even though the cops pulled out at 120KM/h then it would be safe to say justice is served, but instead it now must happen to both parties involved.

Old 24-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #52
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
I agree with this - but we should always be mindful of general public safety......
The "judgement" that police may exercise during a chase is critical. No POS scum that has contravened the laws that the rest of us have to abide by should get away with it. However , the price of dealing with low lives should never be higher than the price of a valuable innocent life.

We should never publicly endorse restrictions on chasing.........it gives SCUMBAGS a standard operating procedure to go by when in those situations. There should however be an unwritten rule amongst the boys in BLUE to consider their surroundings , give up the chase when the risks are too high. Educating them to do this is the hard part......it should never be an egotistical battle to finish the pursuit, giving up should not be a sign of weakness , especially when multiple lives are at risk. IMHO , though - if there was a chase that ended up with POS apprehended.......I would fully endorse a UFC Mixed Martial Arts session of 5 rounds prior to taking back to the station. If you have nothing to hide - you pull over in the 1st instance.......answer a couple of simple questions and be on your way.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #53
BHDOGS
Banned

To many police rules ruins policing just look at britain a Swift kick up the **** or a slap around the head from the local policeman use to do wonders back in the day for kids now they cant even arrest people for giving them the finger to there faces its a joke no wonder vigilantes are taking over when state sanctioned injustice becomes law civilian resistance and I'd say retribution becomes justice as abit of a diffrent take on the saying I can honestly say if somebody murdered my child I'd have no hesitation killing them 2 wrongs don't make a right but Dam if it don't make justice extreme maybe but the injustice in this world is sickening and the dogooder cry babys are just making it worse
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #54
King Dribble

The trouble is, even when they're wrong.....................they're right.
King Dribble is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #55
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
In Malaysia, the police have to make do with gutless, hopeless domestic cars (3 cylinder daihatsu clone, or best car is a 2.0L n/a mitsubishi clone). Civilians have cars much more capable. So to intercept someone, they don't bother with the lights or sirens. Call all available units to block the next couple of intersections, or the highway itself and the pursued won't know they're pursued until they have nowhere left to go. Brains instead of brawn?
nobody read this??

sounds like a plan, that oz cop could adapt..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #56
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

Everyone wants absolute freedom to do what they want with absolutely no responsibility. Give the cops back their powers, pursue these mongrels and the courts should make their life a misery, because when innocent people get involved, no one is there to help them. Give the crims a living hell!!!!
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #57
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
nobody read this??

sounds like a plan, that oz cop could adapt..
It seems we are in the mid, we don't have the most corrupt cops of all time like Thailand or America, but then again we also don't have the ideas like other places, blockades, choppers all this stuff.

Old 25-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #58
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd
Its very simple.

Was that the druggo, his dealer, and his druggo partner? My heart bleeds for them (not).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #59
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Was that the druggo, his dealer, and his druggo partner? My heart bleeds for them (not).
What if it was a Father, Mother and Child?

I'd like to see the response on this thread if this was the case, in an instant a lot of people would become hypocritical.

Old 25-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #60
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We'll start with this...

You simply can't say that if the cops follow their own rules the criminals think they can get away.

That's like me saying if I don't steal food I won't be able to live, so it's okay for me to do it. NO, it's not, just like it wasn't okay for these guys not to pull away then exceed their own speeding limit.

Cops have a job to do, they do it properly they can happily say "F U" to anyone that blames them for the criminal getting away, the abided the rules, now they are the blame for both problems.
This post has the most up and down of any on here.

I also think it shows a pretty poor understanding of both the arguement and the other potential outcomes and methods which can be used.

Didn't the bloke that died crash when the police were NO LONGER in pursuit anyways?!
sexyxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post