Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Who hear has the ear of Ford HQ?

No point advertising now, production finishes this week and won't restart until Jan 12, and December and January are dead months for sales, and everyone is focused on Christmas.

Better off waiting until mid January to start advertising, Ecoboost could be done a little later as it won't be released until Feb.

If they haven't started to advertise by February then its time to start warming up the lynch mob.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #32
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

National Ad campaign, probably cost around $10 million..
let's say split across a max of 3,300 vehicles for the month
instead of a flat 1,500.

Now, $10 million amortized across 3,300 cars equals $3,000 a piece but by
not spending $10 million and only make 1,500 and you've probably "made" more.

It's a strange concept to get your head around but Mulally has taught Ford
the virtue of right sizing production to true market capacity and that not
every cost is fixed like so many GM-o-philes would have us think,
you can save a bunch by not having millions in car stockpiles.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #33
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
This month, FGII launches and sells let's say 1500 at full RRP
while Holden in discount mode sells 3,500...

The business plans couldn't be any clearer....
Just think of the profits when they drop sales to 1000 per month!

Ford is a mass market car company. They would happily make 3000 Falcons and discount every last one of them from retail prices (they already are anyway), but they are finding it hard to find those things called customers.

Nothing to do with some brillaint business plan as you constantly allude to, but rather the reality of the market Falcon and the brand find themselves in.

Ford Australia manufacturing is not a boutique business by choice.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #34
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8

Nothing to do with some brillaint business plan as you constantly allude to, but rather the reality of the market Falcon and the brand find themselves in.
this is where you seem to have the blinkers on at the other end of the scale. for some reason you think the sliding sales is unique to falcon, and yet other large cars are sliding at the same rate.

the fact is, there is a good chance toyota, holden and ford all have varying plans and ideas of how to stay viable in australia. what seems to work for one doesn't mean that is how the others need to operate.

don't try and pretend that a company that runs half the hours and manpower (guessing) has the same overheads and expenses as the bloke up the road who runs double. also, these 2 companies that started out with very similar product directions, have recently started heading down 2 separate paths. i'm sure both heads of these companies would also wish each other well in their endeavours.

people have been forecasting the demise of falcon for decades. nothing new there.

i also feel this forum isn't really for you. these types of topics are the ones you frequent the most and you never have anything positive to say.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #35
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
Just think of the profits when they drop sales to 1000 per month!

Ford is a mass market car company. They would happily make 3000 Falcons and discount every last one of them from retail prices (they already are anyway), but they are finding it hard to find those things called customers.

Ford Australia manufacturing is not a boutique business by choice.
Bingo. It's not rocket science.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #36
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
Advertising before availablity works for console games...
Different markets, but some part might be translated.

Advertising the Ecoboost now might make a fleet manager hold off for the release.

What about ads shouting from the rooftops that Ford have just taken out a ton of the ABC awards? Nothing there either.

I remember a recent time when Ford went 3 years in a row at Bathurst, and we heard nothing about that either.

It gets really annoying knowing that there is plenty a Ford fan can be proud of, but none of it gets reported to the world.
Exactly.
Seems Ford marketing dept is not proud of the Ford brand.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #37
XWGT