Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #31
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's weird reading all the posts about people saying their kids talk to people who have passed away.
I was told by someone they moved into a new house and days later their little kid used to tell them how they would talk to the 'cat lady' that lived in the house.
While the parents of the house were watching TV they would see a figure out the corner of their eye pass across at the top of the stairs and go into their kids room, and this was the kid who would talk to the 'cat lady'
The kid eventually grew out of it, but apparently 25+ years later they still see figures walking around their house each night. And have even been woken by 'things' touching their legs.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #32
Fled74
The Thread Killa

A friend of mind said his 7-year-old daughter sometimes talks to her grandmother, who passed away when he was a teenager.
Also, when he was in his 20s he heard his brother in an empty room having a conversation in Italian, and when he asked his brother later who he was talking to, the reply he got was "Mum."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #33
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
- however there is a major difference between showing your respects and weeping than stroking your own ego and acting like a sibling/best to the injured/hurt/deceased when you didn't know her from a bar of soap, nor associate (or even want to associate) with her friends prior to their loss just to be a part of the hype- as sad as that is.

each to their own and I understand. It is strange and i dont mean to be off-putting to anyone.
Its a modern development, a today's information age thing. I notice "it", the behaviour, often within hours of a fatal car crash involving typically school age teens etc.

By way of "at the scene" floral and card displays, banners etc, - vehicle and motorbike "visits". A bloke recently had such a crash outside his property - he held a dying girl. Their teen peers and peer-interested folk would visit this scene - (a crash into tree).

They don't always get (or learn) the road safety message as evidence by 'poor parking - & positioning' of stopped vehicles, sometimes resulting in noise from urgent braking from other unexpecting road users; they stop at all hours of the day and night, don't think to have the hazards on while they walk around and gawk, cry, leave beers or simply to take a leak! (Such respect) Bloke fears he'll then have to attend another fatal outside his rural property. You then get social media impact and wildfire spreading of messages.

Mildly OT to OP's original I guess, might discuss this stuff elsewhere sometime:-

Mildly related to the observations so far re children, my 3yo has always picked up and held my grandmother and grandfathers 'together' b/w pic without prompt, each and every visit to my mums place, where that pic sits with multitudes of family, he's been singling it out since he could crawl - he finds it comforting. He does the same with wifie's nan's pic.

They know, I tell you. Read somewhere that many kids hold this special 'relationship' that releases over time as current life experiences come to the fore.

Personally convinced, life then physical death - is but one step - *not* the end, but must be lived.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post