Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #31
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Don't worry too much about the packing. Jocks and socks is about all you need. Everything else you can get at the markets over there pretty cheap, and then you don't have to worry about excess baggage on the trip home.

The friends I went over with last year have decided we should go back sometime, and we'll be taking almost empty suitcases.
If you were feeling brave then you could take a carry on only, with just your personal items, and get the suitcase over there as well.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #32
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bargain hard with the "day trip" sellers.
book them the night before, ie, so you know the weather is going to be ok, say at 6-7pm, that way you can also get bigger discounts.
immerse yourself in the culture, don't take crap though.
check out the thai boxing, and if you go DON'T pay extra for ringside seats... it's a scam, take some cash and bet with the locals... it's a crackup.
do the day trips to the islands, but if you do, take a few snacks in case you get hungry, they feed you but you may want to eat more at your own time.
100 bucks will get you a very comfy accomodation, again, bargain so you get breakfast included.... makes a difference.
get a place with a good pool.
get your minibar emptied... and shop at 7/11.
DON'T DO DRUGS.... you could end up in the lock up... it aint pretty.
rent a jeep and grab a map..... go to beaches that aren't overpopulated, take some food.

enjoy yourself.
reef green xwgt falcon
lime green HT GTS Monaro 308 4 speed
reef green ZC Fairlane black interior
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #33
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
please explain? lolol
http://www.talesofasia.com/toilets.htm

Maybe you can't avoid them

Quote:
Squat toilets:

If you spend any appreciable amount of time in Asia outside of your hotel room you will at some point probably find yourself faced with the intimidating task of using a squat toilet. However, once you've conquered the skill, and it's hardly a skill, and you've experienced the inside of a restroom in a public bus station in China, you'll probably become thankful that squat toilets are often the norm.

While intimidating to the uninitiated, ask yourself ... Did you ever do it in the woods? Surely you've been on a camping trip or something, whether as a kid or an adult, and had to take a dump behind a tree somewhere? Well, squat toilets are the same concept.

You can find two basic varieties. Squatters that are level with the floor, and what I call 'hi-risers', which sit maybe fifteen to twenty centimeters off the floor. The former are quite easy to use while the latter can be very uncomfortable if you are more than about 5'6" or are the least bit heavy. Not only do the hi-risers require a performance of a balancing act, they can also stick you in a tight position.

As far as giving advice about using squat toilets, what I say is going to be geared more towards guys than gals. However, female advice can be found here.

I think the most difficult thing people inexperienced with squat toilets contend with is how to drop their drawers and keep them out of the line of fire, from either end. On a conventional western toilet you drop your pants to your ankles, take a seat, count the mold stains on the door or read your Lonely Planet and do your business. Now, settle yourself over a squat toilet with your pants at your ankles and take a look at how things are positioned. You're gonna pee on 'em is what's going to happen. When using squat toilets you only drop your pants a few inches down which is just far enough to create some clearance. The seat of your pants will be well above your knees and well out of firing range. Also be careful of the contents of your pockets. As your pants are high, they are in a prime position for items such as keys, coins, etc to slide out of your pockets and into the toilet, usually after you've done your duty.

Some squat toilets flush the same as a regular sit-down toilet, while others have no flushing mechanism. If you encounter the latter, you should see a tub of water and a scoop nearby. Scoop water from the tub and pour it into the toilet and watch as your mess gradually disappears with each scoop of water you pour. This water and scoop is also used for cleaning yourself.
Quote:
Toilet paper:

More likely than not, with the possible exception of hotel rooms and a handful of shopping malls in Bangkok, you're not going to find any toilet paper anywhere. Carry some with you at all times and at the same time ask yourself if you want to shake anyone's left hand? Which is kind of silly because plenty of people still use their right hand but they just won't admit to it.

If you're stuck without toilet paper there's still hope. Some facilities sell small packets of toilet paper, especially in Thailand. If you're really lucky there will be a butt sprayer, which is a small nozzle attached to a hose to the side of the toilet. Point the nozzle where you want to fire and push down the lever. If you've never used one of these before you'll probably find the pressure is more than you expected and you'll make a real mess of yourself if you're not careful. So here's your warning: Test the pressure with a quick blast away from you and then when you're ready to clean, press the lever gently until you're confident you can control the water flow! After finishing with this exercise you'll probably ask yourself, "Now what! Am I supposed to sit here and drip dry!!??!!" Hence, toilet paper and a butt sprayer are the best combination.

If there's no sprayer your next hope is that there's a tub of water and a scoop. This is common in Southeast Asia but not so much in China or Central Asia. The conventional advice is you're supposed to splash some water on the messy area. Really, I've never seen the use in that, sort of like spilling a plate of stir-fry on your shirt and trying to wash it off by dabbing a dry tissue on it. Really, if it's a bit nasty down there and all you have is water then you're just going to have to use your hand, get it dirty, and hope there's some soap nearby.

As an American I grew up in an environment where there was no water by the toilet in any form, it was dry toilet paper and that's it. Now, after six years in Asia, I can't imagine not having water nearby and I'm a little mystified how this seemingly obvious concept of cleanliness hasn't made it into American bathrooms. However, I'm also equally mystified at the lack of toilet paper in Asian restrooms and the idea of don't eat with your left hand. But a lot of people here carry tissues with them, wash their hands when they are through and eat with whatever hand they like.

If you did remember to carry toilet paper with you the next question you may be faced with is what are you supposed to do with it when you're finished? In theory, if there's a waste can near the toilet, that's your cue that it's to go in there. However I know a lot of people can't be bothered to do this and stick the paper in the toilet anyway and more often than not it's not a problem, or at least not a problem they'll ever see. There's really not a lot of rhyme or reason as to which toilets can handle paper. Some septic tanks in even the most rural places in say, Cambodia, can handle toilet paper without problem, while the plumbing in a midrange Bangkok hotel cannot. So do as those before you, if there's a waste can, stick it in there, if not, flush it down. Let your conscience be your guide.

Last edited by 3vXT; 20-12-2010 at 10:42 PM.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #34
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

These toilets are through Europe also.. Rome esp...
Just make sure your wallet, digi camera etc is well put away...Lol...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2010, 01:11 AM   #35
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

just finished my work, this is the start of my 4 weeks off, and.. its going to kill me... honestly didn't want any time off, oh well.. I get 2 weeks advance payments than anual leave and public holiday pays, so it'll keep me busy im sure...

will definitely post some pics in here once im over there, i suppose I gotta try and look forward to it.. lol
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #36
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I wasn't too enthusiastic about it when I first arrived (we flew in from Singapore, which was spotless), but it grew on me while I was there.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #37
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
I wasn't too enthusiastic about it when I first arrived (we flew in from Singapore, which was spotless), but it grew on me while I was there.
He almost sounds like he is going to Gitmo.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #38
LightningStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by brismike
Watch out for the Taxi Drivers . . Make sure they turn on the meter or agree a fixed price before you get in the taxi. When you are in the taxi they will try to onsell a boat trip or something or offer to take you to "Good Market with good price". They get a cut from the boat trips and sellers at the markets. Just insist that you are taken to where you want to go with no diversions.

Also a great place to visit is the Grand Palace. But when you get there ignore all the people who jump on you as you get out of your taxi offering to guide you through the place, for a price of course. You pay to go in at the official ticket office and it is very cheap . . I think about 10 baht. Once inside you can just wander around wherever you want and there is lots to see. You don't need a guide . .you just use your eyes.

Have fun it is an interesting place.
I second the above.

Having been in October, one of the best things I did was get a driver off the street (acutally, out the front of a major hotel), who looked after us for the whole day in an air-cond 4WD for a negotiated figure of 900 baht a day. He then took us wherever we wanted, aited for us while we went shopping and when we had no idea of what to do gave us some decent suggestions and got us to some excellent restaraunts which we would have had no chance of finding by ourselves.

What you have to watch out for is cheap offers for tours - which then have detours of expensive stores and jewelry factories designed to milk your cash. the drivers get paid to take you there. Be clear that you do not want to go on any of these factory tours upfront with the driver.

Tuk-Tuks in Phuket are a massive scam. Just get a car & driver.
Cheaper and more comfortable!
Personally, I would not rent a car or scooter when you can get a car and driver/guide for the equivalent of $30 per day, why take the risk?

Be prepared to say politely but firmly, and have fun!!

Winter White AUII eGas 1 Tonner Goooone!

Winter White SY Ghia AWD 6spd Injected Gas
Mazda 3 SP25GT
==========================
LightningStrike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #39
T3-TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate i just had two weeks in Patong with the family,you only need to wear one set of clothes on the way over,you can buy everything cheap as at the markets,they are everywhere.Use toilets in clubs or pubs you may have to pay for some but there clean and you get paper.Like the others sad go to Fantasea,Elephant riding,Fishing etc etc.
Watch out for ladyboys at night they WILL rob and beat you if your alone late at night on beach rd Patong so be with someone.Go to Bangala Rd for an eye opener at night beautiful Thai girls everywhere,beware of some nightclubs they charge 800 baht for on drink.Dont forget to use bottled water when you clean your teeth.
Old 31-12-2010, 01:52 AM   #40
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

woooo
I finally leave on Thursday morning, I really am looking forward to going....now.

Although, now I have to worry about getting to work ONCE I am back, due to my engine in my 4WD going to the heavens(cracked block, and done the head gaskets) Which, quoted I believe last time, it was $1,800 for an engine replacement??

anyway,
So, I still haven't been organized for my trip, I mean; all I've got so far is a suit case, a diary with phone numbers and e-mails, and some jocks and socks loaded in...

Monday I have to get my injection done, which should have been done at least a week ago, which needs to be refrigerated, but I hope it's still usable after a while!! but unprepared and no motivation for this trip.. sorta slacking behind haha.
Old 31-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #41
rodderz

You will love it over there, and kata beach is brilliant. Very scenic and without the hustle and bustle of Patong. A good thing to do 1st is get a good taxi driver to take you around the island, look on trip advisor for some good guys that do it for a fraction of the price in new a/c cars and don't rip you off. This way you can see where you like and come back if you want to see more of it.

Take Patong with a grain of salt, it might take a couple of trips there to fully take it in. The food is amazing and so cheap. We had our best feed at no.6 seafood which is down the inland end of bangla rd and turn left. A full snapper, plate of huge prawns, red curry and 2 large beers for about $30.

At night you will get a bit sick of the guys flogging off the ping pong shows but it's good for a laugh anyway. The place isn't everyone's cup of tea but if you realize it's a different country with different cultures and that you can enjoy it you will. Western tourists have basically shaped how they are running things now anyway.

Good places to go are James bond island, phang nga bay, phi phi island, elephant trekking, you can also do some shooting with m16's, jet ski's, go karts etc, just make sure they are a reputable business.

We brought some carvings home and didn't have any issues after declaring them at customs, they were all hardwoods though like teak or mango wood which had no borer holes in them.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #42
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With the Jet Skis don't jump on the ones which say NO INSURANCE. They will have that in big red letters across the front. If you break one you're up for the repairs..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 07:27 PM   #43
rodderz

Yup, and make sure you make a point of walking around it to point out any existing scratches, dings etc. Same goes for scooters and cars too.

Tuk tuks we found alot more expensive than the cars as well, some of them are too lazy to drive you somewhere with hills on the way, probably as the engines in those things wouldn't Pull ya uncle off your aunty
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #44
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

I arrived her in thailand 2 days ago, love it here, im not coming how haha
i'll update ya'll more when i have time
Old 09-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #45
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

sorry i don't understand this thailand keyboards
Old 13-01-2011, 05:03 AM   #46
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Having a blast, already 6 days in of 16, and I really dredding going home, so many friendly people, and how different it is to other countries, definitely it's grown on me here
$1aud is roughly 28.9baht, at the moment i'm spending 10,000baht a DAY .. which is about $350AUD roughly, crazy to think in thailand, I/m thinking about hiring a harley davidson(YES THEY HAVE THEM HERE LOL) and going for a ride somewhere and take my gf on a anniversary

Old 13-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #47
nothin suss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good work mate...
Like everyone has said just enjoy and take some culture in.
Place is full of scams as everyone has listed but just be firm with them and you'll be alright.

You want maaaasssssaaaaaggggeeeeee.......???
Old 13-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #48
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Looks great, im heading there tomorrow, might bump into you!

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #49
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

my mate works over there for sandvick and picked up a lady boy one night, i feel off my chair laughing when i found out
Old 17-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #50
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Lady boys everywhere here, if anyone here come to kata rd in kata nd a bar called Rick n roll, cheap beer and fun times. I hired a 750cc Honda shadow and I love it, it handles good fish tailing up the road, so I'm quite surprised
Old 17-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #51
BlueKoop
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Make sure you check out Phi Phi Island, stayed there for 3 nights as a part of my recent trip...... gorgeous place!!!!!

Btw.... can I interest you in a suit mate? lol

1973 Vivid Blue Pearl XB Coupe

Engine Build up and progress thread

New Car

2008 FG F6 Ute
BlueKoop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #52
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad your having a ball. Just be careful hiring bikes. Could be expensive if they thing you damage it.

I'm heading back in July. Everything booked and paid for, just spending money to organise.

People who hate Thailand are either expecting too much or staying in the wrong places. Don't expect too much and take in the culture. Holidays are what you make it. Enjoy yourself, and if your not, then find something else to do.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #53
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
just finished my work, this is the start of my 4 weeks off, and.. its going to kill me... honestly didn't want any time off, oh well.. I get 2 weeks advance payments than anual leave and public holiday pays, so it'll keep me busy im sure...

will definitely post some pics in here once im over there, i suppose I gotta try and look forward to it.. lol
When I first saw the post I thought I would give you some tips(one of which would be to get out of "town" and just eat and soak it all up... what a great place to go for a hol). I spent 12 months working in Malaysia and took many a trip over the boder to "taste" Thialand . But... it seems like this is going to be a real drag for you, I'd stay at work and get your g/f to get herself back here so you can keep safe and in your "zone"....
Old 17-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #54
zdcol71
zdcol71

My bad, I see that you are having a blast so fair play to you.
I would still suggest though , get out of town and see what the rest of the place has to offer, we used to cross the border on the east coast, and although there was nothing that could be called "comfort", it s an amazing place to be in.
Old 18-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #55
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Went on the day trip Krabi tour, 1600baht pp, very cheap, swim with the fish, snorkeling and free lunch, 3 level boat so pretty decent size, had a blast will post some pics of the tour as soon as I can. I'm loving the Thai food and honesty id love to stay much longer, but I leave on the 23rd, my gf has a job offer in las Vegas so I'm not sure where our relationship will go, but im here for a holiday so whatever happens happens, and I'll be back again this year that's for sure
Old 18-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #56
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Update: first time experiencing the dreaded squat toilets, and trust me, it felt so unnatural I couldn't finish the job, first and last experience, seems so dirty

Speed limits are not here, signed or not everybody doing twice the limit, you can drink and drive/ride as long as you don't crash, you don't need to wear helmets, don't need a license, you can over take police at the speed of light and not get in trouble( guess it doesn't help they ride around on scooters lol) taxi drivers are crazy drivers

I love it here, it's a free for all lol

Last edited by kyro_02; 18-01-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 20-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #57
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Not much to update, my room in chabba, Kate has been booked out on me (2300baht a night) so was expensive for hotel here but still okey...) found a new home up tge road for (1000baht a night..)

My Honda shadow 700cc is goin great, all the punishment ever and still going strong , cost only 700 baht a day = $22aud a day.

I lovethe culture and life style, you really have to be in Thailand to understand how hard they have to work and earn so little, my gf Is on only 20,000baht(650 Aud) a month but I've spent over 100,000baht already under 2 weeks.

Good gesture to give tips always, they will always remember you next time

It's funny when a Thai lady grabs your hand and ask where you're staying, and if you're single, they quickly let go when you tell them you're with your gf
Old 20-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #58
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Spotted my first vl Calais here, thought I escaped all that ..
Old 26-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #59
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Heres my write up, from someone who has just come back after 17 days in Thailand

So I left Australia on 07/01/11, and ended my journey back home and safe on 24/1/11

Brief description and my main reason for going
I work with a filipina lady, who introduced me to her niece, and we have been in close contact and video sessions and phone calls throughout the 3 months before my trip, the niece is from the Philippines, but is working in Thailand

A lot of people will instantly think "she just wants to get in to Australia" - You'd be wrong, she actually loves her job that much, that I do not think she wants to come in to Australia; even if she will get better salary doing the same thing in Australia..

So, it's in limbo at the moment, I've already planned my next trip to Thailand for June or July again this year, with a mate... Now I know what to expect, and that I will make the most of my time there, because the days seem to go very fast, and you end up running out of time to do all the things you planned on doing.

The first 1/2 of the first week I got use to walking and taking a tuk tuk everywhere, I got over that pretty quickly, So without much thought, I went out and about getting some quotes for hiring a scooter, for 200 baht, I ended up with a scooter, 115cc that got me up to 120km/h(MAXED OUT)

I quickly got over it, and wanted a more powerful bike, so for 700 baht a day, I hired a Honda Shadow 700cc cruiser-style bike, it sounded tough, had enough power to fish-tail taking off, and a lot of drift action. The locals got use of me by the end of the last few days, Thailand never had skid marks until I came along.

Road Laws, you will never hear those words there, You don't NEED to wear a helmet, and half the time I didn't; but they may pull you to the side of the road at one of their points, otherwise, you don't have to worry, don't need a license to drive/ride(I'm sure legally you have to, but the road laws there are so far relaxed, that you don't need to) put it into perspective, I overtook police all the time, and never had an issue regarding my speed or no helmet, never got pulled over

It doesn't take long until you are use to their driving style, I like to drive on the offense in Australia, but in Thailand, you need to be on your toes and ready to brake because they don't even look, they will just pull out on you. It's common knowledge to overtake other motorbikes/cars whilst driving into oncoming traffic, speed limits. what speed limits??

I never saw a vehicle accident or a fatality, or even heard of it there
in Australia, we hear it all the time..

Other days, I found myself strolling the streets, looking at shops and bartering with the people, it's amazing how much you can barter off the original price. and buy things for pretty much nothing, like my puma shades, and my puma watch, my diesel tops, and shorts

The food, my gosh, I ate all thai foods every day, I ate when I was full, I ate when I wasn't even hungry, I found myself walking a lot to the restaurants to eat, or to get take away. Never did I eat western foods, like pizza or subway, burger king etc.
**except this one time, I ate at "The Hard Rock Cafe'" - very lovely food

$5 AUD for food goes along way in Thailand

I had my hotel pre-booked, original price for my hotel was 6,300baht, but someone my GF knew got it for me for 2,300baht(aprox. $70-$80 a night)

Suffice to say, it only took a week before I was kicked out after they booked my room out on me, so with my head held high, I strolled across the road, and down a little, where I stayed for the remaining week (7 days for 10,000bah - approx. $350 AUD)

houses you can get for $30aud a night, but I wanted a hotel.

Every day, for 2 weeks; I spent my time next door to my hotel, a bar called "Rick & Roll" - recommend anyone to go there, cheapest beer in Kata, and it's run by an American bloke, top guy, he is a singer & has live singing, he's lived in Thailand for 10 years

I got to know him for the 2 weeks, at the end of my final days in Thailand, we both went out bar hopping, I couldn't believe I didn't do it earlier (but that's what you get when you don't know what to expect) - only than did I really find out what the night life is like there, and I was amazed.

I did a day tour to Krabi, and surrounding islands, recommend anyone doing that, from Kata, we traveled by bus to the pier which was far south of the island, hopped on the cruise boat, and traveled by boat for 1hr 30mins(approx) to Krabi, free lunch and foot/drinks, snorkeling & swimming with the fish, great atmosphere.

One thing I did not do, that I wanted to do, was to travel to central shopping centre, I'm not sure what the fuss is about it, but that's on the agenda next time I go; Oh, and going to the budha on the hill.

I found myself around Karon beach and Patong and surrounding areas a lot, not so much in Kata, even if it was where I was staying, although Kata is still a really good area.

Lovely food, friendly people
Giving tips goes without saying
Learning some Thai language won't go a astray, wish I learned more of it

I felt I knew Kata and surrounding areas by the back of my hand after a week and a half, and felt like I've lived there for a while already, and I did not want to return home

*DO NOT book connecting flights, go direct from Melbourne to your destination, trust me, otherwise it's a lot of stuffing around

I left Melbourne, headed to Brisbane, arrived at the domestic airport, had to travel to the international airport via train

I left phuket, arrived in Perth domestic airport, had to wait 45 minutes to catch a bus to the international airport, almost missing my Melbourne flight(not really, but still, I only had 30 minutes before my Melbourne flight departed.)

Pictures to come
Old 26-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #60
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Couple more pictures, made friends with a lot of dogs there, met 3 lovely dogs, who were so friendly, and all they wanted was your attention and affection, oh and maybe some food hehe.

Friendly dogs I met at view point look out

Overlooking kata / karon @ viewpoint look out