Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #31
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
so a fresh uni student, whose just got their license is driving along, their P-plate falls off and they dont notice. Mr blue pulls em over, slaps em the 150 they cant afford and 3 demerit points. then they lose their job at coles stacking shelves cos they cant drive to work at night...
Learn how to secure your P plate properly so it doesn't "fall off". Secondly you get 5 points in one year or 12 over 3 so you must have already commited one for your suspension. Not real good for a "fresh uni student who has just got their licence".
Old 13-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #32
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gecko, comparing someone who is on GDB to a drink driver is a bit excessive, i copped the good driving behavior bond for being pulled over for 14 over on the M1, hardly a menace to society but fair enough broke the law pay the fine, then I didn't happen to have my wallet (licence) with me (was on my way to my mates to get it) another 2 points. A years worth of not being able to drive myself to work, sure ****ed off my parents. So are you saying by me not having my wallet with me and being caught low level speeding (1km off, surely he could have cut me a break?) I am an extremely dangerous high risk driver who should be taken off the road in the same category as a drink driver or someone who rips skids through a crowded street?

At least is seems a little bit more reasonable in Vic.

Last edited by GS608; 13-07-2010 at 09:47 AM.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #33
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Learn how to secure your P plate properly so it doesn't "fall off"
those magnetic ones sometimes blow off
Old 13-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #34
xc4me

So they've been making laws and the road toll is rising so they are looking at making more laws to stop it?

The fact is the young drivers who kill themselves are already speeding or drunk etc (already breaking the law) so introducing new laws for young drivers isn't going to do much to stop news headlines from happening

I am a P-plater and can I just say the passenger restrictions is one of the worst laws - the amount of times I've left mates to cab home after I was caught dropping off friends who have been drinking is ridiculous and I'm sick of apologising to people. Also the fine for that was $350 which is worse than having alcohol in your blood when your a P-plater ($320) - go figure. The answer is in education and safety improvements to the road and cars, not knee-jerk laws. My two cents

Sale thread here: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...77#post3722277
xc4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #35
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
those magnetic ones sometimes blow off
Learn how to secure your P plate properly so it doesn't "fall off" or "blow off" or any other "off".
Old 14-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #36
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really hope that none of you who have posted in this thread believe a curfew in any form is a solution. Lets look back in time shall we?
Old 14-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #37
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
I really hope that none of you who have posted in this thread believe a curfew in any form is a solution. Lets look back in time shall we?
There is some evidence to suggest that probationary drivers are social beings and commonly night dwellers, and as such, a curfew appears to be a way to hit them were it does hurt - their social lives. Yes, it is kind of archaic, but if it solves at least some of the problem, it may be in the right direction...obviously all suggestions such as this need relevant research and analysis.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 01:33 AM   #38
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

I agree with most of what you have said GeckoGT (second time ever!) but what you seem to be forgetting is that in Qld a Provisional License holder is restricted from driving between 11pm and 5am for the first year of having a P license, regardless of previous offenses (or lack thereof) on their L plates.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #39
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 388cube_edxr8
I agree with most of what you have said GeckoGT (second time ever!) but what you seem to be forgetting is that in Qld a Provisional License holder is restricted from driving between 11pm and 5am for the first year of having a P license, regardless of previous offenses (or lack thereof) on their L plates.
Red p platers are restricted from driving with more than 1 passenger between 11pm and 5am, you're allowed to drive between those hours as much as you like otherwise.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #40
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
A curfew is not a solution, the real solution is proper driver training, and licence re-tests every 5 years. Driver standard in general, from drivers of all ages and licence types, is pathetic. Proof is, I had a driver notice me coming down a main road at 60km/h, they pulled out of a side street, cutting me off, to turn across infront of me. This happened 3 hours ago!
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post