Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #31
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
One of the dealers has said that they are selling them quite well.
My dealer said they're selling very well.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2010, 04:28 AM   #32
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With prices like that I'm not surprised.

I wonder if the wife would like a G6E....... mmmm
OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #33
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry, this is probably a like off topic, but we have be talking about advertsing here...

I know FPV & Ford are 2 different companies, but there must be some links.. I'm watching V8's today & on comes an add for the FPV GT... What a joke, FPV do not even have a V8 they can built at this point in time, yet they are advertsing a BOSS v8 GT FPV.. What a waste of money!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #34
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Can we keep the focus of discussion on the 50th anniversary model Falcons.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #35
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmore
If the XT was to go what becomes the poverty pack?
I believe XT is made to order and is less than 10% of current builds.

XR6 50th anniversary is brilliant, a lot of car for the money.
Offering the manual trans is refreshing after 5-speed auto specials.
Shame they don't have the G6 LE with ZF as a counterpart....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #36
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I BLOODY WANT ONE!!!! HOW MUCH THEY GONNA GIVE ME FOR MY 08 fg6t WITH 22K ON THE CLOCK hmmm hmmmmm hmmmmm ????
Murph-51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 01:07 AM   #37
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have recently bought a 2010 plated XR6 in Nitro with ZF 6 speed Auto, XR6 Mats, Full darkest legal tint and Tech Pack for $32990 drive away. I think I got a pretty good deal and am very happy with the car. The only thing I regret is not getting the colour ICC Screen because I would love to have built in Sat Nav too. It is fitted with the pov pack mono screen which is basically crap (I used to have a BA Fairmont Ghia with the premium kit). But I can't see how a few stripes and the colour screen can cost an extra $5000?

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #38
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brismike
I have recently bought a 2010 plated XR6 in Nitro with ZF 6 speed Auto, XR6 Mats, Full darkest legal tint and Tech Pack for $32990 drive away. I think I got a pretty good deal and am very happy with the car. The only thing I regret is not getting the colour ICC Screen because I would love to have built in Sat Nav too. It is fitted with the pov pack mono screen which is basically crap (I used to have a BA Fairmont Ghia with the premium kit). But I can't see how a few stripes and the colour screen can cost an extra $5000?
5k was the prem sound and leather that included the high series screen.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:40 AM   #39
Teza_XR8ute
HiLux SR5 & 68 XT ute

im thinking a xr6 turbo will be parked im my garage sometime soon! look awesome and even better value!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #40
AussieAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
I should have added, anyone who is buying one of these subscribe to Ford's email list, as today they sent out a free offer if you buy a 50th anniversary car and you print out the email they sent..... then take it to the dealer order the car and Ford will extend your Factory warranty out to 5 years free of charge...

Thanks for the tip. I've just signed up. You do mean the "eNews" subscription right? Only thing is I've already placed the order. Do you think I'll still get the offer ??? Sure would be a handy addition to the package!
AussieAV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #41
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAV
Thanks for the tip. I've just signed up. You do mean the "eNews" subscription right? Only thing is I've already placed the order. Do you think I'll still get the offer ??? Sure would be a handy addition to the package!
Hi you would they would still honor the bonus with the email, after you have already ordered as dealers have been taking money for these cars well before the email went out.
Ring Ford Customer Relationship Centre and ask for that email to be sent to you.
Good Luck, hope all goes well.
Phone: 13 FORD (13 3673)

Old 13-07-2010, 01:22 AM   #42
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

I've joined the crew, and placed an order for an XR6T 50th Ute, with Sunburst last Wed.

The waiting game begins....

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #43
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute6
I've joined the crew, and placed an order for an XR6T 50th Ute, with Sunburst last Wed.

The waiting game begins....
When does yours go down the line, you have sido number yet?

Old 14-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #44
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
When does yours go down the line, you have sido number yet?
The only info I have at the moment, is that it "should" be arriving at the dealership on the 6th Aug.

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #45
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I JUST GOT OFFERED LOW TO MID 20sK FOR MINE (Nov 08 FG XR6T 22k on the clock with tow pack, 6 months rego ipod integration etc etc) NEVER BEEN SO INSUTED IN MY LIFE!!! Thats over 20K for a change over to the 50anni on a car that is only 18 months old and for what is essentially the same car for the most of it!!! I thought these salesman wanted to sell cars? Not scare us away!!
Old 15-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #46
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph-51
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I JUST GOT OFFERED LOW TO MID 20sK FOR MINE (Nov 08 FG XR6T 22k on the clock with tow pack, 6 months rego ipod integration etc etc) NEVER BEEN SO INSUTED IN MY LIFE!!! Thats over 20K for a change over to the 50anni on a car that is only 18 months old and for what is essentially the same car for the most of it!!! I thought these salesman wanted to sell cars? Not scare us away!!
Thats all they are worth sadly..
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #47
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph-51
I thought these salesman wanted to sell cars?
They do want to sell cars - new ones, not your old one.
Old 15-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #48
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So this teaches the public that new cars are not worth buying then, as with in less than 2 years your car has lost half its value???
THATS VERY DISMAL !!
Ahhhh well in that case I wont be buying a new car, just have to run the one I have into the ground
Old 15-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #49
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine is below average klms and redbook evaluations also had this to say as well
http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.aspx?R=384548&__Qpb=true&Cr=2&__Ns=p_Make_ String|0||p_ClassificationType_String|0||p_Family_ String|0||p_Year_String|1||p_SequenceNum_Int32|0&_ _N=2994%204294961316%204294843582%204294965539&sil o=1300&__No=30&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=43&__sid=1294 67413DD1
Obviously selling privately would be the way to go, just a hassle that's all
Old 15-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #50
SpoolMan

The margins in these cars make the trade-in values much tighter, also the dealers know they wont have any trouble moving these anniversary models, there fully loaded for free...
Selling private is the only way to go.

Now I dont this thread to turn into just another poor trade-in thread, so keep the focus of the thread on the 50th anniversary..

I just found out mine has moved up to scheduling stage...

Old 17-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #51
SpoolMan

Checked out the interior for the 1st time today with my own eyes.
1st word was fantastic, it looks A1 the black piano finish with the leather embossed seats and the trim all A1 very nice work Ford...
Streets ahead of the BF F6 I had..

Old 17-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #52
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From what we saw today, I would even say on par with FPV?
Old 18-07-2010, 07:30 PM   #53
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FORD'S marketing must have got a kick in the butt

Prime time 2 adds in 2 mins

One for the 50th and one for the falcon in general

love it ford au

keep it going

like the who is in front coment

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #54
csw05
Starter Motor

Just checked out one of these today. Looked awesome in Sunburst, IMO. Salesman showed me that they are going to be doing these through to October. The first run for July was only 300 cars but it ramps up for August and September.

Also tested out the iPhone connector and i have to say i love the integration. Stock sound wasn’t to bad in the XR6. Hopefully the so called premium in the T is better.

Can anyone confirm what price they have been able to get on a Turbo?
csw05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #55
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw05

Can anyone confirm what price they have been able to get on a Turbo?
Hope to have my turbo ute in the next 7 days, salesman is right about making them for a while remember most of the 50th anniversary allocation is going n/a xr6, not sure about turbo sedans but there will only be 231 turbo utes..

Old 01-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #56
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yes some cars will still be built in October.. The first of the Turbo utes are coming thru now, i have a mate whos got an LS one coming on friday, we are pulling the tub off it straight away and putting on a tray, shoudl look interesting.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post