Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #31
aualright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati888
So you've spent a fair bit of time in the Honda then?

Just as I thought. In what way is a Falcon or a Commodore better than an Accord Euro for commuting to work one up? Or a Mazda 6, a Camry or a Focus?

FYI, the Accord Euro has a surprising amount of torque, steers pretty quickly and has build quality that leaves your Commodores & Falcons for dead.

Your ability to spell and punctuate tells me all I need to know. The fact that you are a 'Holden man' just cements it for me.
How are they even comparable. If you are after a Falcon sized car, I don't understand how a much smaller Honda can be comparable, in any way.

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #32
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
How are they even comparable. If you are after a Falcon sized car, I don't understand how a much smaller Honda can be comparable, in any way.

Sounds like the friend had a budget of around $35K and saw the Limited Edition XR/G6 sale price and has
thought that's for me. It appears the friend has waited too long to buy and all those limited edition cars
are gone so took a Honda Accord Euro luxury with end of financial year discount..

If he had a budget of $35K but his preferred Falcon was $10K dearer,
I think that's just a matter of economics, bad timing and reason to look elsewhere.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #33
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney!
It's a pity they can't have more features also. They are still lacking a lot of the stuff VE came out with and now the next models about to come out....

Hope they are coming up with something, and soon.

Stoney!
anyone no what features are not available in the falcon???? that r in the commadore
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #34
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Rubbish. Unrealistic? For a G6? When they are throwing out XR6s for $35K? Most car dealers will play with price to some extent. My friend was happy to shell out $56K for a Prado 6 years ago, and he does his homework. He wanted a Ford, couldn't get any joy (he knew the sticker price) on a discount or additional extras, so at that point found a far better car for to suit his purposes for ten grand less.

Hardly rocket science is it? Of course he's happy with the Honda, who wouldn't be. He doesn't need to tow a boat. He wanted to buy a Ford, gave them a chance to sell him one, he gave up and looked else where.
Mate, your on a high horse I think you really need to get off..

I said nothing until now.. Personally I think your friend is dumb & has no idea what his talking about!! He probably walked into dealers with the same attitude you're been posting on here with!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #35
HSE2

Good clean fun people.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #36
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Mate, your on a high horse I think you really need to get off..

I said nothing until now.. Personally I think your friend is dumb & has no idea what his talking about!! He probably walked into dealers with the same attitude you're been posting on here with!!
i agree... he said he wanted a ford and had done plenty of research on cars n figures and flagged the ford and ended up getting what he needed in the honda. Obviously he didnt know what he wanted if he wanted a imported fuel economic superior built front wheel drive toff car. Maybe he shouldnt have looked at the falcon and then bagged it to you which he has obviously done if he didt want it to start with. soso u get the point
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #37
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
No, he wanted a Falcon, had a budget, got a better car. All he needs it for is driving to work one up.

BTW the Accord Euro is a 2.4 Litre. I've owned one - they are outstanding for the money. I've also spent plenty of time in Falcons over the years, commuting, towing, daily driving. I'd buy the Honda too.

To be fair though, never in an FG, only up to the BA, but at the time it was a 2003 Euro too.
I hope he enjoys his $700 major services every 40,000km then and $55 wiper blades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
that guy saying a honda accord euro is better then a falcon haha no way friend. im a holden man but i would rather a falcon then a na 4 cylinder fwd slow tourqe steering peice of junk. "creature comforts " some people are just to picky.. be proud to buy a aussie car.
Accord Euro won't torquesteer, its a Honda, they never heard of Torque .

Though they are a very comfy and nice car, just a slow barge though. Turning circle is horrible on them.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #38
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
anyone no what features are not available in the falcon???? that r in the commadore
A Holden badge.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #39
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright

I think it shows that its no longer a war against Commodore, the Falcon is competing against many other imported vehicles. Just the other day we had someone on here who ended up buying a diesel Navara over an XR8 ute.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #40
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
A friend of mine wanted a G6. He went to several dealers who all wanted $44K and wouldn't budge. He bought a Honda Accord Euro with way more features, on road for $34.5K.

It's a pity Falcons have to be sold by Ford dealers.
By definition, a market is where buyers meet sellers. Offers are made, only sometimes accepted. If the local dealer was insisting on $44K, then that is their prerogative. Every business charges what they perceive the market will bear.

Interesting comment given that G6 are being flogged for $36,990 driveway on the Ford web site ...
whynot is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #41
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
1700 Foresters, huge!
Hummm ... yes ... I wonder how much the Greenstar rating is bitting government purchases. Any breakup of this figure available by State?
whynot is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #42
Falcman0o7
Banned

Whats so good about the commodore?
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #43
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Ford's world wide sales rank puts the Falcon at 22nd position for June with 4,123 units

That must include the ute as well.

http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/sho...2832#post32832
That's a good find.

It would have been quite a daunting task to make this compilation before "One Ford" was instigated.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #44
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They sell the Mustang in Brazil, but not here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #45
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
What's surprising about that?
Old 02-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #46
TRRTRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
'A' pillars that can eclipse the sun during a drive to the milk bar
TRRTRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #47
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So you've spent a fair bit of time in the Honda then?

Just as I thought. In what way is a Falcon or a Commodore better than an Accord Euro for commuting to work one up? Or a Mazda 6, a Camry or a Focus?

FYI, the Accord Euro has a surprising amount of torque, steers pretty quickly and has build quality that leaves your Commodores & Falcons for dead.
You haven't driven an FG at all or even a BF for that matter so any opinion or comparisons you make in regards to such are null and void.

I'm sure I told you this a few posts back?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #48
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Well...South American countries sell most US market vehicles and being a LHD country why wouldn't they?

In fact, many US market cars are made in Brazil...some of their 'trucks' are...

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #49
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In my opinion, Ford are struggling in the market because they can't make a reliable vehicle. although saying that the fg and new territory may be better. There are so many good cars made by so many companies. I would look at a new territory if it wasn't for the ball joint issues on the last model and the like. Yes other manufacturers have problems as well, like honda who have a pinging issue on the euro. Check out complaints corner to see which cars people are having trouble with, It's a real eye opener.
ute83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #50
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83
In my opinion, Ford are struggling in the market because they can't make a reliable vehicle. although saying that the fg and new territory may be better. There are so many good cars made by so many companies. I would look at a new territory if it wasn't for the ball joint issues on the last model and the like.
The 2009 SYII received a revised front suspension to address the problem, the new system has the lower ball joints under compression, eliminating the premature wear issue.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #51
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
The 2009 SYII received a revised front suspension to address the problem, the new system has the lower ball joints under compression, eliminating the premature wear issue.
I am aware of that. I have lost confidence.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #52
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Reason for Holden spike would be that they are in runout mode and every dealer will be registering as many demos as they can to get the extra demo bonus and sell them in 90 days when the new model comes..
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #53
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Reason for Holden spike would be that they are in runout mode and every dealer will be registering as many demos as they can to get the extra demo bonus and sell them in 90 days when the new model comes..
Nah, I think Holden are on a roll with more foot traffic for both Commodore and Cruze..
Discounts aside, sales compound sales and they are building on the social grape vine
of pleased owners who show and tell their new cars to the neighbors..
Old 03-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #54
Arkturus

Quote:
In my opinion, Ford are struggling in the market because they can't make a reliable vehicle.
Im no expert, but arnt Ford selling more Falcon's than they can build?
Arkturus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #55
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkturus
Im no expert, but arnt Ford selling more Falcon's than they can build?
Everything is basically dealer stock and specific customer orders.
I doubt if dealers even stock XT anymore......
Old 03-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #56
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
In my opinion, Ford are struggling in the market because they can't make a reliable vehicle. although saying that the fg and new territory may be better. There are so many good cars made by so many companies. I would look at a new territory if it wasn't for the ball joint issues on the last model and the like. Yes other manufacturers have problems as well, like honda who have a pinging issue on the euro. Check out complaints corner to see which cars people are having trouble with, It's a real eye opener.
If reliability was the reason people didnt go back to a car then Holden wouldnt be anywhere near the top of the sales. We've had mechanics walk out purely because they refuse to work on the things anymore. Constant issues especially with VE. From what I hear, Fords reliability has gotten a lot better over the last couple of years. The only real issue is the ball joint issue on the older Territories.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #57
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
A Holden badge.
Even then the owners are optioning them out!! lol

Quote:
GM have a RHD Camaro that's not gonna be sold here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
From what I hear, Fords reliability has gotten a lot better over the last couple of years.
Apparently they are doing better then Aurions.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #58
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
I think it shows that its no longer a war against Commodore, the Falcon is competing against many other imported vehicles. Just the other day we had someone on here who ended up buying a diesel Navara over an XR8 ute.
We bought a Mazda 6 over a Falcon a couple of months ago. If the Falcon had a decent wagon it may be different.

People suggesting that the Accord is a pile of the steaming stuff need to take the blinkers off. Medium size cars are no longer 'medium'. A Mazda 6 is very close in size to a VS Commodore so why can't medium sized cars be suitable as a family car? Isn't a Falcon a 'family' car? So why is it so inconceivable that Falcons are cross shopped with medium sized cars? Hell Ford basically admit that this is the case by plugging the Mondeo wagon as the Falcon wagon replacement.

Anyway, back on topic, does anyone have anymore numbers for June?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #59
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like figures won't be released by FCAI until Monday.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #60
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
If reliability was the reason people didnt go back to a car then Holden wouldnt be anywhere near the top of the sales. We've had mechanics walk out purely because they refuse to work on the things anymore. Constant issues especially with VE. From what I hear, Fords reliability has gotten a lot better over the last couple of years. The only real issue is the ball joint issue on the older Territories.
What's taken them SO LONG................