Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #31
zdcol71
zdcol71

Here's me going to get a rev, I would suggest to the moderators that any body who replies to this in a positive way,(and I mean those who think this is cool or no big deal),should be suspended or banned from the forum....and I'm open to castigation!!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #32
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
So I suppose you are one of these young fellas who think they are invincible and can do anything they want and not damage anything/anyone? Seriously, you give the good young guys a bad name and make the laws tougher for the rest of us

If you want to have fun doing this, go to the racetrack and do it as much as you want
Doesn't necessarily have to be a race track, but a private road/shed foundation/burnout pad. There is a time and place, and the middle of a major road is NOT the time OR place.
Forced Performance Tuned
Old 08-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Light blue touch paper and stand well back.............(or in this case red frowny touch paper)

edit: oops too late he has already gone boom....
Old 08-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #34
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliov
Yer I am young and i bet all of you complaining about endangering lives and such are no doubt senile. It's so funny how all of you are so quick to judge when im 100% sure you've all done something stupid on public roads when you were first started driving. Stop being such sooks. Thats all I see on aff. People whining day in day out.
You are an idiot.

You are exibit A as to why we have problems that draw so much unwanted attention to GENUINE car enthusiasts and clubs.

Morons who do this kind of thing or condone it should be banished from any car club, forum or event involving motorsport.

Your kind are NOT the kind of member we need or want to promote a responsible use of vehicles.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #35
rodderz

Quote:
Yer I am young and i bet all of you complaining about endangering lives and such are no doubt senile. It's so funny how all of you are so quick to judge when im 100% sure you've all done something stupid on public roads when you were first started driving. Stop being such sooks. Thats all I see on aff. People whining day in day out.
What a smart well thought out reply. Some of us here wouldnt be that much older than you, some here would be the same age as you, but with much more maturity.

Sure a lot of people would of done silly things on the road, but it's common sense to realise whats wrong and right, and to condone the above video around a crowd of people. If you think it's not dangerous your dumber than you already look.

If you think the forum is too sooky for you, perhaps you should stop sooking about others and go to the other hoon websites where you can all pat each other on the back
Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #36
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What has the government said will happen with the revenue from any fines in this case or others like it? will they spend it on more tracks/more accessable race tracks and support off street drags more? Nope...One way ticket (pun intended)...Yep thought so
Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #37
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Because knobs like him muddy the waters and masquarade as "car enthusiasts"....
Not even that, but I give you points on that because its very true.

According to mum, I'm a "hoon" because I want a V8 or turbo'd car when I'm off my Ps. Only hoons want fast cars.

Or a few others I know consider people hoons because they've got modified cars.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #38
rodderz

Quote:
News flash son, there is no good young guys. Any fellow "car enthusiast" I know my age doesn't keep his car in the garage its whole life and post on aff about how people should stop hooning etc.
No good young guys? I reckon the sensible ones would have something to say about that. The ones who would also label you and idiot!

See ya on the news champ!:
Old 08-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #39
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Naw, because bureaucrats and today tonight focus on the car and not the driver. Guns don't kill people...
Old 08-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #40
Falcman0o7
Banned

^
^
^
Lmfao!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #41
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:

Sure a lot of people would of done silly things on the road, but it's common sense to realise whats wrong and right, and to condone the above video around a crowd of people. If you think it's not dangerous your dumber than you already look.
Agree Rodderz ...... everyone who has had their license for more than 5 minutes have done silly things .... most regret them and grow up .... many think their heroes. Its the heroes that stuff it for the rest of us while ACA points out, the "Hero" replies on youtube, it just puts another nail in the coffin for the modified car scene.

And we have these heroes, such as iliov, to thank for it.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 08-03-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #42
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
No good young guys? I reckon the sensible ones would have something to say about that. The ones who would also label you and idiot!

See ya on the news champ!:
I do, we get unfairly targeted because a few morons go out of their way to make us all look bad, in the name of "being cool" or "having fun". Theres a time and a place for that, its the track/pad/strip or your mates paddock.

Its because of these morons killing themselves why the government has a say in what I can't drive. The minority ruins it for everyone, us youngins' can't drive V8s, soon you modified car owners are going to be outcast by society.

I'd rather be a alive pussy, than a dead hero.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #43
kezzer

Wow what an idiot!! Why would you do it in a busy-*** street!!

Was he caught?? He rips a massive **** burnout (one I would struggle to do at all lol) cops are RIGHT in front of him, and he gets away? Cops do a 5 point reverse lol.
FG XR6: pacemaker sterline coated headers, Xr8 snorkel + modified CAI, 100cpsi ballistic cat, 20" rims, lower with shocks, custom catback exhaust, custom spacers, tune soon to come, 1/4mile soon to come.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #44
Falcman0o7
Banned

It's funny how much attention this tread has got.
Some users true colors are being shown also! If this were a commodore forum i'm sure the comments regarding a 'PAT ONE THE BACK' would be far greater! LOL!

" Oh man that was siiiack! "
" yeh bro full boost maaan!!! "
" Oh bro it was fully sick ay! "
" I'm getting a car like that ay! I will be da fastest one in my hood a bro! "
Old 08-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #45
x series

New anti hoon laws are on insurance policys if caught his insurance is gone!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #46
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7
It's funny how much attention this tread has got.
Some users true colors are being shown also! If this were a commodore forum i'm sure the comments regarding a 'PAT ONE THE BACK' would be far greater! LOL!

" Oh man that was siiiack! "
" yeh bro full boost maaan!!! "
" Oh bro it was fully sick ay! "
" I'm getting a car like that ay! I will be da fastest one in my hood a bro! "
It's called having an IQ greater than a cucumber..... Unfortunately some members proved they don't qualify to take on the other vegetables in the patch
Old 08-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #47
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI POWER
IDIOT
which one, the cop or the hoon. i think they are about on par here.

however, that article said the hoon gave him self up. so kudo's to him for showing some respect for the law and doing that.

but it just sets a bad example on the rest of us. "all enthusasts are hoons"
Old 08-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #48
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
which one, the cop or the hoon. i think they are about on par here. CLASSIC.
How is the cop at fault????

Old 08-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #49
Kamshaaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by x series
New anti hoon laws are on insurance policys if caught his insurance is gone!
He'll get his Marmalade to register & insure it in her name, no doubt. - or just not insure it. Wouldn't stop to think twice about driving without insurance, I bet. More than likely losing his licence wouldn't do anything either.

This proves that people who act like idiots need a proper bollocking and perhaps literally so, though coroporal punichment does far far less in my opinion than public humiliation would. Obviously pointing him out and making him a TV star is just gloriying him in his own eyes, something else is needed. Like being chained to the stocks naked.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #50
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
failed to take details of a stationary car she just busted doing a skid.

i understand the safety factor of a inner-city chase, with all those people around. surely the onboard camera of the car could have got the licence plate but.

that being said, the bloke handed himself in anyway so the cops decision on the night is now irrelevant.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #51
Kamshaaft

Quote:
Well, he's not 'at fault' per se but he or she is still an idiot. They allowed him to drive off while in his frame of mind. ridiculous, should have been arrested on the spot (though in front of that crowd itd mak him a martyr, but hopefully for most it would send the message).

They didn't even bother to write down the licence plate, even though they were doing nothing bu stare at it for a minute straight. Neither did they walk over to his car window with a hand on their gun (after all he is endangering many people) and make him lay down on the ground, shut him up, and arrest him.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #52
Kamshaaft

Yeah, I know. I'm showing an almost hypocrital harshness here. Well, it's really just illustrating one of my views on it. From all angles though, the guy is a ************. Not such a bad burnout, but ********, could he have chosen a worse location? All about his ego though (which is exactly why humiliation would work best).
Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #53
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well it not his fault the guy was hooning . But it is his fault the guy got away . So easily without so much as the guys license plate .
Would not go as far to say he is a idiot but it would not be he's most productive day at the office .
Old 08-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #54
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

The cop may have thought that they were in danger being by themself with a possible hostile crowd.
It is normal for the police to wait for assistance in these situations.

Can't understand why the rego was not taken down, who knows they may have panicked???

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 08-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #55
Kamshaaft

-----
Old 08-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #56
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I can't believe it, when I saw it, but I'm 99% sure I have met this bloke before at a cruise, and again at a BP on the run. He seemed like a good sort of person which is unfortunate because he goes and does this. The first name is all I got and it's fairly common, and I never paid attention to his rego. Just goes to show how people really are. I hope someone who knows him a little better might point him out, and he cops a punishment befitting the crime
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #57
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
The cop may have thought that they were in danger being by themself with a possible hostile crowd.
It is normal for the police to wait for assistance in these situations.

Can't understand why the rego was not taken down, who knows they may have panicked???
The car looked like it was pulling over and there were what appeared to be drunk people everywhere. I suspect they were looking out to avoid "other idiots".
Old 08-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #58
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
The car looked like it was pulling over and there were what appeared to be drunk people everywhere. I suspect they were looking out to avoid "other idiots".
quite possibly, basically assessing the situation before acting, which is the way it should happen

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 08-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #59
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
I can't believe it, when I saw it, but I'm 99% sure I have met this bloke before at a cruise, and again at a BP on the run. He seemed like a good sort of person which is unfortunate because he goes and does this. The first name is all I got and it's fairly common, and I never paid attention to his rego. Just goes to show how people really are. I hope someone who knows him a little better might point him out, and he cops a punishment befitting the crime
He has handed himself in ..... really had no option after being on TV. After he got home and his mum had the wooden spoon on the kitchen bench was promptly marched down to police HQ .....
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/police...-1225838268044

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #60
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I can't believe people here are actually blamming or trying to find a way that the cop is at fault or somewhat an idiot,
What was he mean't to do in a crowded street with clearly a dangerous person/s infront of him.
He would have been doing his job by the book and in the safest manner considering the circumstances.
Look at how many people that were not only cheering this hoon on ,(which I find disturbing) in a built up crowded area but were following him along his plight.
The officer was right in his action's, clearly outnumbred and on a busy road at a peak time, he has all the respect from me in his action's and what he did.
Closed Thread