Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #31
Yellow Fire
Cleveland Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_460bigblock
Yellow fire, yes my sisters name is Salli.....
I guessed it was from your description. She's a great girl and obviously the product of a loving family. All the best mate.
Yellow Fire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #32
toenail

dave,
my deepest and most sincere condolances.
take care of yourself and your family mate.
toenail is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #33
2.8L Hilux
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very sorry to hear this mate. Condolences to you and your family.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:56 AM   #34
ToxikXR6
Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about your loss.
its part of life, and it sucks!
ive had 4 generations of breast cancer in my family..
and my boss has just passed through from cancer.

deepest sympathy, stay strong.
ToxikXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #35
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgirl18
Sorry to hear about your loss.
its part of life, and it sucks!
ive had 4 generations of breast cancer in my family..
and my boss has just passed through from cancer.

deepest sympathy, stay strong.
far out, cancer touchs sooo many people, especially when is generic and its pracatically built into our genes, like everyone all we want is a cure that may never come. My dad is the 1st in his fmily to die of cancer, we all thought cause of him being a wrkaholic he would of had heart problems like his brothers went... guess you cant it, like lotto...

we found out he actually had billery cancer, its not overly common but it forms in the bile duct of the liver and i most cases its always aggressive and quick.... least we now know and can put closure to that part of it all...

sorry if im having a rant on here guys, things just getting pushed to breaking point here atm. Funeral is friday and all week weve had frinds and family arriving and staying at the house and having soooo many people within 4 walls is really starting to get frustrating, and cause i dont have my own car here, i cant just leave and clear my head... last night a few egos came together with my uncle and dads best friends wife having words.... me, everyone just expects me to keep my cool and hold it togethr for my mum, and mum the only reason i am keeping my cool, she is really stressed and upset but my sis and i trying to help her where we can...

anyone around gold coast wanna get me out of here and take me to see some cool cars!!! j/k.... i wish.

sorry for the rave on again guys.... just finding it tough atm...

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #36
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Mr460, bad situation that you just can't take off, but maybe go for a walk? I really do feel for you and your family in this time.

As you have said, be there and be strong for your mum. And if required, tell your uncles and dad's mates to pull their head in, this is when familes have to pull together and work as a unit.

Once again mate, feel for you in this time.

And if you want to talk further, or simply vent some more, feel free to PM me.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #37
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear of your loss "Big Block"; my condolences to you and your family at this time. Keep strong for your mum and may your dad rest in peace.

Jim Young
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #38
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

460bigblock

I can only try to imagine what you are going through right now. I'm lucky to still have my parents around, we sometimes take it for granted.

I'm sure words can't really fill the hole that's been left in your heart. It's without doubt one of the hardest parts of life that we all have to face one day. Your day has come and I wish you and your family all the very best and hope that together you can pull through these tough times, then begin to celebrate and think about the best of times you had with your father.

Think of your Father's strong character, I'm sure he is looking down on you all, only wishing that you keep everybody together and to not lose yourselves.

Keep strong, and the days will soon get brighter.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #39
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

mate, Im speechless. Cancer is the mother of all illnesses IMO. Such a tragic loss of life. My thoughts are with you and your family.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #40
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
460bigblock

I can only try to imagine what you are going through right now. I'm lucky to still have my parents around, we sometimes take it for granted.
that we do mate. Someone said to me at the funeral yesterday that we do take it for granted and we think that our parents are indestructable and they will be there forever... that comment just stuck in my head and it felt so true. UNfortunatly the reality of it is totally opposite.

feeling a lot better today, funeral was yesterday and the amount of people who turned up for the service was really amazing.... Dad seemed to touch so many hearts no matter where he went or worked, i know not many or if any of them are members but like to thank all those who came, my family appreciated seeing everyone and im so proud of my 6 2/4 yr old daughter (as she will say lol) we got her balloons to release after the service and altho she didnt want to let go of the balloons cause in doing so, she was letting go of her "PA" she did in front of all those people and she remained very strong... Love you baby girl, PA is very proud of you as am i.

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #41
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Brings a tear mate glad you gave him a good send off
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post