Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #31
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Reading here it seems some need to justify the other half..... :
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #32
05b8050

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDAH
You must be a newly wed. My wife was like that once..... Boy how things have changed.

Mate i have been married for 10 years in 2011 and been with her for 12 years hardly newly weds. She is just good value earlier in the great scheme of things she used to put on the overalls and be right beside me in the grease scun knuckles and all now she is a proud mum of 2 and has a fairly successful home buisness and i think its just comes from mutual respect and love and support we have for each other and thats all we need to succeed in our life
05b8050 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #33
prydey
Rob

my wife offers to help me under the bonnet sometimes as well and i politely tell her that i'd be much better off doing it myself.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #34
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Send the car in and get what ever you want to get don e to it done.

Tell her it's at the mechanics> cause the Oil supply to the cam phases got a blockage that resulted in accelerated exhaust lobe ware that has resulted in bunt out O2 sensors and damaged to the try flow muffler system or some long winded load off Bull that makes her loose interest.

Then when you get it back just act cool but a bit angry about how much the SOB at the workshop charged to Fix "the Problem" and to any question about why the car feels different, reply with what are you talking about it's always been like this.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #35
05b8050

mate i would be quite happy if my wife wanted to help, all you guys bag out your wives. how bout showin them some respect? i think you are all scared little bunnys, if not show them what you wrote. its a respect thing. its all good to say id do this and i say that, come on tough guys show your wives and then start a thread: 'i was in the dog house for this long because.....' what you people have to realise is there are females every where including on these forums, have some respect for them.
05b8050 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #36
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05b8050
mate i would be quite happy if my wife wanted to help, all you guys bag out your wives. how bout showin them some respect? i think you are all scared little bunnys, if not show them what you wrote. its a respect thing. its all good to say id do this and i say that, come on tough guys show your wives and then start a thread: 'i was in the dog house for this long because.....' what you people have to realise is there are females every where including on these forums, have some respect for them.
You need to get a sense of humour.

Dad tells me to never get married haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #37
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

What about this?

Its better I spent the money on the car than other girls/hookers/stripper dollars (Delete as applicable)

Now Quattro RS3 powered
bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #38
fakegt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just give her a few examples of people who spend money on cars and just keep getting richer, tell her you have to start somewhere so you can make your first million and give her everything she desires in life.
EXAMPLES: David Bowden, Lindsay Fox, Chip Foose etc etc....
fakegt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #39
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Safety Modifications!( You would be amazed what I can fit into this category)
No Problem.
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #40
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't believe you guys have to give excuses.
As long as the roof over our head is paid there is food on the table and
she has ciggys I spend what I want on the cars when I want.
No justification at all is needed. Mind you in saying that she loves
the cars we own as much as I do and she is addicted to speed as
much as I am so it kinda benefits Nel as much as it does me.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #41
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You boys are a pretty sad bunch :

All but a few on here obviously have pretty ordinary relationships.
There is no way that I would justify what I wanted to buy or do to my car (or anything else for that matter) to my other half.....

oh wait, that might be why I am single

You know, you con your other halves but I bet they have conned you way way more (us girls aren't quite as dumb as you blokes would like to think)
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #42
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe

Dad tells me to never get married haha.
i've also heard that rather than get married you should find someone you hate and buy them a house!!

Quote:
respect?? you think that because my wife isn't into cars and i wouldn't let her work on one that i don't respect her?? there is so much more to life than cars. i have trouble justifying things to myself let alone the wife.

someone needs to lighten up.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #43
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

I managed to say that while, yes it does, increase power; at the same time it makes it more economical.

Fuel efficiency = win.

Having said that, it is not a lie.

On another, not entirely unrelated, note; I bet her that when she was pregnant that she was having twins. The bet was I get a supercharger with the baby bonus. Although I won, I still haven't seen that supercharger.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #44
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

I bought my wife a territory for an anniversary present; and until I spend what i paid for that.... I'm in the clear.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #45
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE72
Safety Modifications!( You would be amazed what I can fit into this category)
No Problem.
Surprised at that Grant considering the wifey owns an identical car :
Old 06-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #46
AUSGTI
Das Auto Bitches!

i just made a deal, i said i would buy her, her prado, then i get to spend the equal(maybe more) amount on my ute
Old 10-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #47
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Quote:
Hey buddy you need to lighten up a bit. Guys like to JOKE about what they say to their wifes, but behind closed doors majority of us are different. If I showed my wife what I wrote she would laugh and say something smart back because she has a sense of humour. It goes both ways in our marrage and we both have a laugh.
WOTDAH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #48
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Jack and I have a system in place. He can spend whatever he likes on the car, as long as I get the same amount back on a new piece of jewellery or shoes!!

Anyone that has met me can testify that he spends ALOT on the car...I have so many rings now, I refer to them as the house deposit

I am glad the car is at the panel beater at the moment because I spotted a great pair of Italian shoes today...Looks like Xmas is coming early this year. :
Old 11-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #49
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Surprised at that Grant considering the wifey owns an identical car :
And me buying her that car gets alot of safety mods on mine!
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post