Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #31
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
Dead right there mate. Our little first is now 4 months old. I'm crying whenever a frikkin Huggies add comes on now.

It's the only thing that means anything at the end of the day. to love someone, but more importantly to be loved back and to experience the birth of and bond with your child.

your heart melts everytime you look at them.
yup

i have been there for the birth of my 3 kids and cut the cord on 2 of them the only reason i didnt on the second is that there was a few issues with the birth

so i didnt get that pleasure

GUTLES i have lost count of the times i have fallen asleep with one of my kids

to me my friend that is the sign of a great father

keep it up

Jason

B.T.W i still do the same with my seven year old

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #32
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrates to you and ya wife bloke.
I was once told that when you have a son you are a father
but when you have a daughter you are a daddy.
At the time it made no sense to me but the 1st time I held
bb in my arms it all became very clear.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #33
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTLES
myts: tell me about it mate, my eldest is off to 4yo kinder next year & we're still deciding which school to send her too, the public primary schools around here are alright but the high school is out of control.. There's some good private schools but there pretty exxy.
I could have bought a beach house (or several nice hot rods) with what I've spent on school fees and I only have 2. Hopefully it will pay off and they will put me in a nice old folks home.
Old 26-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #34
GUTLES
Adam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
Cutting the cord is probably the best thing you can do as a father

i dont cry to often but the day i cut the cord on all three i cried like a baby ( not to mention the day my youngest had to have an opperation at 9 days old )

it is so conforting that others are like me

the bond that you get with your child is better than anything you will imagine
I don't remember it happening with my first, but my second & third, as soon as I saw them for the first time my eyes filled with tears, was an unreal happy feeling that you very rarely experience in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GHIA
I was once told that when you have a son you are a father but when you have a daughter you are a daddy.
At the time it made no sense to me but the 1st time I held
bb in my arms it all became very clear.
I've got a son & 2 daughters now & that is one of the best quotes I've ever heard..

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #35
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yup i agree i have a daughter and two sons

they can be a pain in the butt but i still love them to death and would go to the big house in an instant if that would keep them safe

being a parent is more than just being there for the kids it a new way of life and i wouldnt change a thing no matter what

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #36
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have 3 boys and a girl.
It's amazing how much your life changes when they come into this world.
All of a sudden our lives are turmoil. Nothing seems quite the same. (good thing)
You suddenly realise that there is just so much more to life.
Nothing can be taken for granted any more.
Just when ya think ya got it all sussed the real shock comes....school fees. lol
They come home knowing things or having heard things that you hoped
you'd never have to explain. All those little pranks you use to play no longer
work because all of a sudden they have a sounding board and realise
that dad is full of s... and doesn't really know it all. lol
I remember one day be called to the school because Dominic was telling lies.
I went to the school to discover they were studying Dinosaurs and he told the class how
they had eaten terradactyl legs for dinner that dad had caught in the back yard.
I had told him a little porky about the turkey legs I had roasted. lmfao.
I think for Dom it was at that point he discovered I was full of S....
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #37
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am frustrated waiting (due 1st October) I am really looking forward to it - my wife has advised me to make the most of what I have now (being able to decided to go out and taking all of 5 minutes to get ready etc) But I am really looking forward to after the birth when mum and baby are home - and time seems to be passing so slowly

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2009, 01:15 AM   #38
toenail

congrats on the new arrival! it was my daughters first birthday yesterday,blows me away watching her stumble around now, i find the most relaxing and most stressful thing in the world is just watching her. we are young parents and the last year has been hard,the relationship dynamic changes so much but the payoff is huge.i look forward to coming home to my two ladys the minute i arrive at work
sbo be patient_i remember how long that period feels yet my sister in law is now 7months pregnant and it feels like she has been pregnant for a week! i the last few days are the worst, mate my advice is sleep as much as you can the days leading up,my mrs was in labor for 2 1/2 days (complications)once my daughter was born i had been awake for 70 hours plus straight and as my partner was recovering was left in charge of my daughter,i shouldnt have been left in charge of a plant at this time._________________

Last edited by toenail; 28-05-2009 at 01:24 AM.
toenail is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2009, 01:57 AM   #39
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Congrats to you Gutles, We have our third due in December. Sheesh, here I am thinking two is bad enough.
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #40
XW_GS
Paulie

She's gorgeous, congrats to you and your wife!!

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
XW_GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #41
GUTLES
Adam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toenail
congrats on the new arrival! it was my daughters first birthday yesterday,blows me away watching her stumble around now, i find the most relaxing and most stressful thing in the world is just watching her. we are young parents and the last year has been hard,the relationship dynamic changes so much but the payoff is huge.i look forward to coming home to my two ladys the minute i arrive at work
sbo be patient_i remember how long that period feels yet my sister in law is now 7months pregnant and it feels like she has been pregnant for a week! i the last few days are the worst, mate my advice is sleep as much as you can the days leading up,my mrs was in labor for 2 1/2 days (complications)once my daughter was born i had been awake for 70 hours plus straight and as my partner was recovering was left in charge of my daughter,i shouldnt have been left in charge of a plant at this time._________________
It's a real life changer hey, I had my first when I was 23 & found it a bit hard to adjust at first but got through it.

70 hours, sheesh! I was tired enough after 6 1/2 hrs, I'm thankful my wifes labours have been short & uncomplicated, we just have some trouble staying pregnant at the start, I'm very thankful to have 3, at one stage we we're certain we would only have one.

My new daughters got a bit of Jaundice & may have to go back to hospital today to go under the UV lights, my first daughter had it too..

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post