Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #31
1970XW351
Angry Dub Driver

The cousin of a mate of mine has a torana he uses for hillclimbs, he got a 250 crank reground to fit in the 202, so it still looks original, just goes a lot better... Not exactly a ford engine in a holden, but part thereof...
1970XW351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #32
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
Back in 1985 a guru called Brian Plankman fitted a 186 with a three on the tree "racin shifter" into a XY GTHO. It was called the 6 in a row HO
If I recall that car was fitted with Plankmans patented "dash board cam" commonly known as the choke
Old 04-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #33
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP290
I was amazed when someone in the "Favourite Holden" thread (which I incedently started) had youtube footage of a VH Commodore doing one of the best ever burnouts and it had a 351 clevo with a toploader gearbox.
I have heard of a HT panelvan having a 250 crossflow in it and an FJ drag car with a 289 windsor in it, (sorry no pics).
Have you guys ever seen a Ford in a Holden, Ive seen plenty of Chevs in Fords, and in XYs aswell, it really is a slap in the face, so now its time to expose the Ford powered Holdens once and for all and give one back for all the Ford fans out there!
VB commo i think youll find
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3lE1xpLLb4
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #34
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Straying from Holdens a bit, but keeping the Ford engine theme...

In 2002 while out in the outta suburbs of town and my then g/fs place I was out the front yard and could hear the nice roar of a V8 getting closer.
The main road wasnt too far away so i looked in that direction only to see a small red coupe hurtle past and it wasnt a Ford or Holden!

A few months later I snapped these at the local swap meet... the very same car.

A nice old 626!

Now thats a sleeper!

Im not sure what happened to it, as I havent seen it in years now

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #35
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970XW351
The cousin of a mate of mine has a torana he uses for hillclimbs, he got a 250 crank reground to fit in the 202, so it still looks original, just goes a lot better... Not exactly a ford engine in a holden, but part thereof...
i think that was a common one for getting a bit more grunt in the holden 6`s, my mate had a falcon crank machined to fit in his 186 that was fitted into a ht monaro, from memory it was 235 ci.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #36
blackxrsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10secondET
what about this sleeper

I was speaking to the guy that owns that car at autofest he said its the ultimate sleeper hes a diehard ford man but the commo,s are cheap he also has another one with a twin turbo 302 clevo he had it at mallanats but done a head gasket his other car is a full house xd show/drag car in dark blue im pretty sure the xd is getting raced at mildura this weekend. :
www.aussiespeed.com
blackxrsix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #37
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm just waiting for the day someone throws a Barra Turbo into a VL.

I remember seeing I think it was a HZ, might have been a HX a couple of years ago with a XF 250 Cross Flow.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #38
Saraco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I'm just waiting for the day someone throws a Barra Turbo into a VL.

I remember seeing I think it was a HZ, might have been a HX a couple of years ago with a XF 250 Cross Flow.
Barra Turbo into VL? I think it's already been done!
Saraco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #39
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP290
I was amazed when someone in the "Favourite Holden" thread (which I incedently started) had youtube footage of a VH Commodore doing one of the best ever burnouts and it had a 351 clevo with a toploader gearbox.
I have heard of a HT panelvan having a 250 crossflow in it and an FJ drag car with a 289 windsor in it, (sorry no pics).
Have you guys ever seen a Ford in a Holden, Ive seen plenty of Chevs in Fords, and in XYs aswell, it really is a slap in the face, so now its time to expose the Ford powered Holdens once and for all and give one back for all the Ford fans out there!
You will find that Ben gatts "Aborigine" was an early 260ci Cusso motor. Talk about thread mining!!!!!
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #40
plytme
BLUE OVAL 4 ME

I have an old utes and pickups magazine at home, which has an EH ute in it with a 302 windsor, 8.5inch ford diff, and a c4 auto, smart fellar i think!!!!!!!!

Mercedes GL 350

1973 TC Cortina XLE
plytme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #41
Falcman0o7
Banned

Down here in tas there is a VH drag car with a 351.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #42
Pis-ton broke
Banned

slightly off topic, some donkeys years ago, we put a 202 into a land rover, and a 250 ford donk into a FJ toyota. All went well.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #43
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
Back in 1985 a guru called Brian Plankman fitted a 186 with a three on the tree "racin shifter" into a XY GTHO. It was called the 6 in a row HO
That sounds suspiciously like the HO with the 202 red motor fitted, was found in a barn years ago and featured in Street Machine at the time, still got the mag stored away I think....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #44
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Ford into a Holden

I can remember back in about 1964 there was an FJ running around the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne with a Customline V8 that left no room for the starter it was inside the mud guard
also the HJ Kingswood with the rotary that was mentioned
that was called a Mazda Road Pacer as I recall the bodies were shipped to Japan and fitted with rotaries
Thanks John
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post