Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2008, 12:51 AM   #31
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Simply, as mentioned time and time again. Commodores are attractive cars to young men.. got a bit of power and generally cheap. Its your bang for buck theory thats all it is.
Plenty of bang for your buck in a Falcon... The mentality of a lot of commodore drivers is their car is 'austrayan as maaaate'. One of their mates buys one so they buy one and they all act like idiots together in one big pack. Few of them realise the Falcon is the most Australian car on the roads .

I'm all for idiot bogans driving commodores - it makes it easier to spot and avoid them (when they inevitably screw up and punt their car into someone). It also means the cops don't have much interest in my grandpa Falcon :.
Old 13-01-2008, 12:57 AM   #32
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
EDIT: time limit ran out

my first car was a 75 Mazda 929 so "hooning" couldn't really happen anyway.
maybe, people that have their cars taken off of them from hooning should be relegated to a weak 4 cylinder or a Smart car till they prove they are responsible. (and yes, speed limited - lets not start that debate either in this thread).
we have Alcohol interlocks...why not limit those that have proven themselves not to be capable of the responsibility of driving?
My dads first car was an Xu1 Torana, and he told me how he went 110mph and never used to stop at stop signs, now though, he drives a 03 Mazda 323, and drives VERY responsibly. Maybe aging knocked some road sense into him?
Old 13-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #33
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
My dads first car was an Xu1 Torana, and he told me how he went 110mph and never used to stop at stop signs, now though, he drives a 03 Mazda 323, and drives VERY responsibly. Maybe aging knocked some road sense into him?
Nope it was an XU1 thing. My mum used to have an LJ XU1 in that nice lime green and did the same stuff. I'd post up some things but I wouldn't want to incriminate her lol.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 13-01-2008, 01:17 AM   #34
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Plenty of bang for your buck in a Falcon... The mentality of a lot of commodore drivers is their car is 'austrayan as maaaate'. One of their mates buys one so they buy one and they all act like idiots together in one big pack. Few of them realise the Falcon is the most Australian car on the roads .

I'm all for idiot bogans driving commodores - it makes it easier to spot and avoid them (when they inevitably screw up and punt their car into someone). It also means the cops don't have much interest in my grandpa Falcon :.
True I was with a mate riding shotgun in his EA Sleeper and he did a massive burnout in front of some in a VK with his all "pimped" out. There was some cops up the road but they didn't see who did the burnout but they decided to follow the Dunnydoor

This better not turn into a p-plater bashing thread because I know you old farts are just as worse hoons. I've stumbled upon hives of 30+ people doing burnouts before. Heck my boss in his 60's and drives a WRX and engages in traffic light battles.

The problem is that p-platers, especially Commodore drivers aren't as paranoid about cops as people who have been driving a few years. I've only been driving 2.5 years and i sh11t myself every time I see a BF Falcon or VE Commodore. You go for a cruise with a red p plater and they think your a delusional schizophrenic for being paranoid about cops being around every corner.

Wish the media would get their hand off it. i think the drug problem is a MUCH bigger concern than a few burnouts!
Old 13-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #35
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by data_mine
So the answer is simple. Ban P platers owning Commodores.
Maybe ban P Platers owning Falcons too?

What a stupid suggestion. They would find another car to own ffs.
Old 13-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #36
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Just over 12hrs and a thread on hoon laws / P platers / overpolicing hasn't turned to crap (well not entirely)
Lets keep this thread tidy, and without the personal insults, or inflamatory comments that are designed to provoke an argumentative response. (There are a few of these comments being thrown up - take note)
Old 13-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #37
iTec
Starter Motor

where are the statitstics on injuries or deaths caused by hoon related activities such as burnouts or fishtails.

Going to a industrial area late on a saturday night to drop a skid is not exactly a high risk activity given the low vehicle speed that most burnouts happen at.
4STRAIGHTS: K&N Air Filter, Ford CAI, EDIT, MW Op 3 Clutch, GFB BOV, Process West Stage 2 IC, actuator, Siemens Injectors.
Old 13-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #38
Wally
XP Coupe

Something interesting I've noticed since owning the VE is that there is no shortage of FPVs intent on drawing up next to me on the freeway and planting the foot. I'm sure they just want to hear the roar of the pushrodasaurus bellowing out the 4 pipes at the back, but I'm no show pony... they can get their own. :evil3: As Peter Griffin said "can't touch me".
Old 13-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #39
Steffo
LPG > You

Taking people's hard-earned posessions and selling them (Victoria) or destroying them (NSW) with no reimbursement to said person. What if they have a loan on it etc etc?

Slowly but surely we're degenerating from "The Commonwealth of Australia," to "The Communist Dictatorship of Australia."
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 13-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #40
LTDHO
The one and only

Where has the $1.03m gone?

Obviously this is not money that was available prior to July 06, so now where is it?

I can see some going to costs, but the rest has gone unaccounted!

To show the government have introduce 'hoon laws' for road safety and not to make money, they should be placing back into safety, education, etc.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 13-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #41
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

i wasn't making an excuse for doing it when i posted earlier and yes i agree it has gotten worse, but most people dont go and "cut fully sick" everywhere.
also i get the point about where and when, trust me, all i ment by that comment is that people 30years ago still hooned.

oh well what can you ey? i personally think they should abolish hoon laws and take care of other things that are much more dangerous.

i agree with whoever said "wheres the statistics to hoon related fatalities and accidents"
i actually would be interested to see.
Old 13-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #42
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Taking people's hard-earned posessions and selling them (Victoria) or destroying them (NSW) with no reimbursement to said person. What if they have a loan on it etc etc?

Slowly but surely we're degenerating from "The Commonwealth of Australia," to "The Communist Dictatorship of Australia."
Since when has breaking the law been against human rights? You do have to get caught multiple times and it appears for you at least and many others with the same opinion, it would be a deterrent! I agree, it's a harsh penalty. But here's the newsflash (to many E-series drivers especially) - There's more to life than burnouts.
Old 13-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #43
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Since when has breaking the law been against human rights? You do have to get caught multiple times and it appears for you at least and many others with the same opinion, it would be a deterrent! I agree, it's a harsh penalty. But here's the newsflash (to many E-series drivers especially) - There's more to life than burnouts.
Fines, community service, jail... that's all well and good. But to take one's property from them and profit off it and/or destroy it is against freedom as far as I'm concerned, and crosses a line that should never be.

:
Old 13-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #44
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgEA
Interesting read. Thanks Kia Chaser. Unfortunately i can see this becoming a bashing thread for Commo drivers. Please lets not go down this path.
Now why would you think that way, a lot of people knew this, a lot of people were saying this, now we have some facts to back it up, you are afraid it going to become a holden bashing...... well how about the admin, straight away ban anyone saying something against anything holden on a FORD site, would you be happy with that. From now on anything that could " hurt" the Holden, image, lets ban it. It seems we have a lot of holden lovers here....OK, fire away, holden lovers.....
Old 13-01-2008, 02:20 PM   #45
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Something interesting I've noticed since owning the VE is that there is no shortage of FPVs intent on drawing up next to me on the freeway and planting the foot. I'm sure they just want to hear the roar of the pushrodasaurus bellowing out the 4 pipes at the back, but I'm no show pony... they can get their own. :evil3: As Peter Griffin said "can't touch me".
I have lost count on how many vn,s...or vr,s that have done the same thing to me as well, and how many of them had 3-4 young guys in the car with a big P on the rear window.....cuts both ways but i think the percentages seem to be the holden drivers doing it more....
Old 13-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #46
XM-221
Show me your boobs!

Quote:
Fines, community service, jail... that's all well and good. But to take one's property from them and profit off it and/or destroy it is against freedom as far as I'm concerned, and crosses a line that should never be.

You know the Law .... You break the Law .... You pay the penalty..... Pure and simple!!! It's not as if it's "1st offence and you lose your car for good."

Three chances you get, if you are stupid enough to do it three times your stupid enough to pay the penalty ..

I did the same as Davway did, I drove 15mins out of town and learned how to drive a car on friends farms, (yes I realise not everyone knows someone that owns a farm) gravel roads and backstreets outside of Geelong. Learn how to control a car first before you go and do stupid stuff on the main streets.

The best present a parent can buy for their kids is a Defensive Driver Education Course. So they can learn how to handle a car properly and know what to do in an emergency. Yes they will also use that knowledge to help them still do stupid stuff, but at least they'll know how to do it properly and keep better control of a vehicle.

My mates Dad said it best.

"You won't stop them doing it", but it's better to know they can do it with a better measure of control.
Old 13-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #47
Steffo
LPG > You

The amount of people who are just happy to take whatever is thrown at them as "the law, it must be obeyed," is unbelievable. No wonder they can get away with such appaling ideas without protest. No wonder things are as they are.

Ineptitude of the people leads to ineptitude in leadership. :

:
Old 13-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #48
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The amount of people who are just happy to take whatever is thrown at them as "the law, it must be obeyed," is unbelievable. No wonder they can get away with such appaling ideas without protest. No wonder things are as they are.

Ineptitude of the people leads to ineptitude in leadership. :
Anarchy, rebelious behaviour, defiance of the road rules and a total lack of respect for the law, authority and other drivers safety is much worse....

Old 13-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #49
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Anarchy, rebelious behaviour, defiance of the road rules and a total lack of respect for the law, authority and other drivers safety is much worse....
Lack of respect for laws that deserve no respect. Authority that deserves no respect and shouldn't be authority.

Perhaps you enjoy being told what to do all your life, but others don't. There's a difference between disdain for unjust rules and sheer disregard for real, in this instance, road saftey.

:
Old 13-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #50
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Lack of respect for laws that deserve no respect. Authority that deserves no respect and shouldn't be authority.

Perhaps you enjoy being told what to do all your life, but others don't. There's a difference between disdain for unjust rules and sheer disregard for real, in this instance, road saftey.
perhaps those who want to do as they like can go and live in iraq or similar countries - then they will know just how good we have it
Old 13-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #51
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I can't see what you've got to gripe about? The only reason i can see why you dislike the laws is because they stop you from doing what you obviously want to, i don't personally have an issue with really any of the road rules, they all seem pretty fair and reasonable to me.
If i did have some great issue with the road rules i'd still obey them, but if i felt strongly enough they id voice my opinons to the appropriate people through the appropriate channels..

Old 13-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #52
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
My old man did that in his EH Special down Sunshine Road back in the 60s.
Lucky he had seatbelts (paid extra for them).

Don't snap my undies.
Old 13-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #53
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
perhaps those who want to do as they like can go and live in iraq or similar countries - then they will know just how good we have it

Alright then mate. You keep letting yourself get walked all over until you have no freedom left at all.

I wonder how long it will be until they start taking people's houses and demolishing them for being too loud one evening? :togo:

:
Old 13-01-2008, 03:15 PM   #54
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
I can't see what you've got to gripe about? The only reason i can see why you dislike the laws is because they stop you from doing what you obviously want to, i don't personally have an issue with really any of the road rules, they all seem pretty fair and reasonable to me.
If i did have some great issue with the road rules i'd still obey them, but if i felt strongly enough they id voice my opinons to the appropriate people through the appropriate channels..
I have a problem with these laws because they're unjust, invasions of civil liberty and they're also not very defined. One can get pinned for 'street racing,' or doing a 'burnout,' quite easily even if they have done nothing wrong.

I do voice my opinions through other means. I am also giving them here. The legislation is typical quick, knee-jerk, and will be ineffective like everything else done, and is right up there on the un-just scale.

Welcome to Australia, the first world country with less civil rights and liberties then any other, where you're told what to buy, and it can be taken off you at any time by legislator's discretion. It's all okie dokie though, since the people don't mind! :

:
Old 13-01-2008, 03:21 PM   #55
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have a problem with these laws because they're unjust, invasions of civil liberty and they're also not very defined. One can get pinned for 'street racing,' or doing a 'burnout,' quite easily even if they have done nothing wrong.

I do voice my opinions through other means. I am also giving them here. The legislation is typical quick, knee-jerk, and will be ineffective like everything else done, and is right up there on the un-just scale.

Welcome to Australia, the first world country with less civil rights and liberties then any other, where you're told what to buy, and it can be taken off you at any time by legislator's discretion. It's all okie dokie though, since the people don't mind! :
If you don't break the law you've got nothing to wory about do you!!!
Id rather live in Australia where they crush your car if you're a repeat serial offender of dangerous driving than live somewhere where there's total anarchy and disregard for laws and authority, where you can "cut sic" and do burnouts everywhere without much worry.. like Iraq...
I wonder who you voted for at your state election?

Old 13-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #56
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
If you don't break the law you've got nothing to wory about do you!!!
Id rather live in Australia where they crush your car if you're a repeat serial offender of dangerous driving than live somewhere where there's total anarchy and disregard for laws and authority, where you can "cut sic" and do burnouts everywhere without much worry.. like Iraq...
I wonder who you voted for at your state election?
I have nothing to worry about you're right.

I also won't stand for something I deem as unjust regardless of how it may or may not affect me.

What relevance has who I vote for got? It definitley wasn't the morons in power now though!

:
Old 13-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #57
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Really didn't take that long to turn into yet another political debate about right and wrong now did it.
Anarchy, communism, invasion of civil liberties, advocating disrespect for authority, morons in power.
For a simple thread about hoon statistics I am sure that we can all agree on one thing.
This thread has simply gone WAAAY TOOO FAR.
Closed Thread