Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2005, 10:02 PM   #31
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
I'm sure it won't and I could care less anyway. This is about protecting the remaining members from their scamming ways.

Russ

Ok, I can see your point.

Daniel

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #32
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

I cannot believe what I just read! Is it not enough that members are getting scammed outside of the forum? We come here and trust other car enthusiasts only to be taken advantage of our generosity.

Thankfully this has never happened to me and I've never done it to anyone else, I couldn't do it to anyone, however it seems that some people just don't have a conscience.

My thoughts on how they should be dealt with; named and banned. Naming them will let others know who to avoid, especially if they try to contact them outside of the forum.

Good riddance to bad rubbish! :
Old 26-05-2005, 10:18 PM   #33
*rayman*
454 Power

i've bought plenty of stuff from members here... some quite expensive stuff too... have not had any problems from a buyers point of view...(touch wood)

I thank everyone i've dealt with for their honesty and prompt service and hope this community remains a safe place to deal with other enthusiasts... there's always great bargains to be had here. Lets keep it that way...

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro
*rayman* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #34
paul7v7
bring it on

if you can't get the money and after many attempts to contact them, a simple track of their IP will soon locate them...
Old 26-05-2005, 10:25 PM   #35
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I am shocked to hear that dodgy dealings go on in here! I myself have had nothing but excellent experiences with other members in regard to purchasing items for my car. I've had people mail me stuff before I'd even paid for it, and I put a deposit down for some heads off another member who I feel I can 100% trust, simply because he is a member. Other members who I have purchased items off have kept in touch with me after the purchase has been made, and have offered to help me in any way if I needed it.

I believe (as has been previously mentioned) a "reputation" be set up in all members' profiles, perhaps Ebay stylez (positive/negative feedback)?

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #36
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Name them, then ban them, at least we know who it was and can look out for them elsewhere.

Not only is this criminal behavior and deserves punishment, it also makes others weary of buying or selling on the forums.
I, with many others have a good trading reputation here, it shouldn't be screwed up by some inconsiderate, selfish, thieving bastards.

Rick.
Old 26-05-2005, 10:51 PM   #37
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

I like Russ's proposal. At least that way if they bluntly refuse to co-operate then they will be removed from the forums.

Personally I prefer COD. No questions that way and Australia Post take care of everything.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 11:05 PM   #38
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

I say name them immediately!

It sounds like AP has given them plenty of time, make it public in the interest of all members, give these certain members an opportunity to defend their case in this thread, they may or may not have legitimate reasons.

either way, lets see who they are.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 11:08 PM   #39
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

As a fairly new member to this forum, I am somewhat dissapointed to hear of these goings on.

I am currently going through the motions of buying my first Classic Falcon ('65 XP Deluxe) and the support and advice I've recieved from the members of this 'community' has been phenomenal.

It is disheartening to read that not everyone is as community minded as certain members of this forum who took the time to help a young bloke (that being me) learn the ins an outs of a car made 23 years before he was born.

I hope that when I need to buy something for my falcon, I can do so in trusting that I wouldn't be screwed over by some schmuck with the nerve to rip of a kid just trying to build up his first car.

That kind of thing is just not cricket. No. Worse. Thats just not FORD...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 11:19 PM   #40
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Honesty and trust is 100% important when trading with members here at AFF.
We need to deal in good faith, only today I deposited $100 into a members bank account the member lives in Brisbane... I personally don’t know him but we need to able to trust each other.
If any one here at AFF owes someone else money do the right thing and pay up..
If don’t pay be named and you will be shamed, and no one here will deal with you..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:15 AM   #41
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

AP - sorry to hear that you have been screwed - but 3 times??? After the first time, you probably should have been more wary. But isn't hindsight wonderful?

I remember when I bought the 70mm TB off you that you were quite happy for me to get the part, fit it, try it out and see if it did anything, BEFORE I bought it. I didn't feel comfortable with doing that, so I bought it anyway - and then you offered me a full refund if I wasn't happy. I cannot believe that someone would screw you out of some money when you are obviously a very trustworthy, honest, helpful guy.

I have also bought numerous sets of wheels (mostly around the $1000 mark - actually mostly off Nick!!) and have also sold wheels, as well as buying and selling other bits and pieces off the forums (old and new) for my cars. I have never, ever experienced a problem, and until reading this thread, I did not even give the trust issue a second thought. Obviously when I first started I was very wary, but once my trust was found to be in the right place, I never looked back. I guess that may change now for everyone on AFF, and all because of 3 crooks.

Stuff the week's wait - I think we need to know right now (or ASAP). Even if you don't name who did the thieving, but just name who has been banned from the site (in this thread, of course - then we can all put 2 and 2 together).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:18 AM   #42
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man im guessing you have addresses cause you gotta send the shit. How bout a little visit to them? Saying your ****ed off on the net and showing them your ****ed is a diff thing.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:26 AM   #43
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Man im guessing you have addresses cause you gotta send the shit. How bout a little visit to them? Saying your ****ed off on the net and showing them your ****ed is a diff thing.
paying them a visit? it shouldnt have to resort to this!

they either pay for the item or not. add another vote to naming the people in question, none of this shadey PM stuff - it should be out in the open.

so we know who they are, they chose not to pay afterall. not far off stealing.
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:32 AM   #44
xrgran

Yes it's sad when you sell/organise something and people just don't pay up...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:35 AM   #45
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

I just bought a chip off a forum member and theres gotta be trust.Im in Sydney he was in another state. He was excellent. Admittedly I had offered some aerials for testing to some members some time back and got little response .I got cold feet and sent no more. AP if you are still intersted I would like to send them to you please re pm your addy to me.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:39 AM   #46
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
I used to sell things on the forums to people on the basis that they could take the item/s and sort themselves out and pay if they're happy 100% with what they got. On some occasions I have happily taken the item back no questions asked.

But there's a minority who obviously can't handle such responsibility and as we stand at least three members on here owe me money and despite saying they had sent/were sending the payments I have received nothing.
First of all, congratulations on being so patient, and I must say I'm extremely dismayed to discover that anybody could take advantage of you being so trusting and fair. Also, I feel you deserve congratulations for the attitude you have shown, despite these people not doing the right thing by you, you have still been fair and respectful in your post by not giving more information.

I also like Russ's proposal, although considering they could still rip people off before everything is sorted out, I think that it would be best if these people were named so that we could at least be wary of them in the mean time.

Also, I would find it interesting to hear their side of the story, although it does seem pretty damning I do think it's only fair for them to state their case. Having said that though, I know I personally would be taking it with a grain or few of salt, if only for the simple reason that from the information we have so far, it seems as though they have chosen to take the goods and run, without so much as responding as a decent human being would - even if it was to say "I'm not happy with the goods", but as you said, the silence is deafening.

A quick word to those who have received goods but have not paid - To me, that is THEFT, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to think of it that way, so if you don't want to be regarded as a theif, do the right thing and pay the money owed.

I guess this is the down side to there being so many members here now - sadly, the more members there are here, the more chance there is of there being members who do the wrong thing by others. Sad but true.

Finally, a quick question, AP, are we talking about regulars here who are here regularly and post often, or people who have few posts here and may not visit here on a regular basis? And I hope the total sum of money you are owed isn't too high mate, particularly seeing as you were so generous with letting people receive the goods and check them out for themselves before paying.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:40 AM   #47
XRchic
Hello

I would have thought that being an AFF member, would entitle you to automatic trust. Seems not. I honestly would not have questioned the honesty of someone I was dealing with on AFF, because they are an AFF member... it is a shame that it seems we have to be as distrustful of people in here as we do out THERE. :(

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:51 AM   #48
Kryton

pretty sad state of affairs IMO.
ive bought a couple of things and sold a couple of things and i havent got any or had any complaints.
i still work on the basis of if you are buying from me, then you will get your item sent ONLY after i have received and cleared the payment. registered post is a must too.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 09:20 AM   #49
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Absolutely disgusting ! More to the point dishonesty should not be tolerated in our world here in FF.au
I say name them so they are out in the open, they have been sheltered till now which is similar to our pathetic court systems etc...ppl should pay there dues.
Sorry if it's harsh but thats my opinion.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 10:32 AM   #50
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
ive bought a couple of things and sold a couple of things and i havent got any or had any complaints.
i still work on the basis of if you are buying from me, then you will get your item sent ONLY after i have received and cleared the payment. registered post is a must too.
Exactly. I think you do it the same like you would as on ebay. Cough up before you get your goods.

Sometimes extending your trust to people just doesn't work. Its unfortunate.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 11:14 AM   #51
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

COD is your friend.

FFAU should work to erradicate this kind of behaviour quickly and forcefully or it will end up like the SAU, NS etc etc forums where thousands of dollars (actually it would be closer to 10s of thousands) have been scammed off members.
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 11:18 AM   #52
b2tf
not here much anymore

Name then! Names! Names! We need names! ing_sm

I think a 'User Sell Status' or something similar might be helpful too.
Old 27-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #53
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

Unfortunately COD isn't foolproof. I have heard cases of the seller sending the item and the buyer simply never picking it up, costing the seller fees and retrieval.

I think an immediate suspension from the forums should be introduced until the matter is resolved.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 11:45 AM   #54
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
First of all, congratulations on being so patient, and I must say I'm extremely dismayed to discover that anybody could take advantage of you being so trusting and fair. Also, I feel you deserve congratulations for the attitude you have shown, despite these people not doing the right thing by you, you have still been fair and respectful in your post by not giving more information.

I also like Russ's proposal, although considering they could still rip people off before everything is sorted out, I think that it would be best if these people were named so that we could at least be wary of them in the mean time.

Also, I would find it interesting to hear their side of the story, although it does seem pretty damning I do think it's only fair for them to state their case. Having said that though, I know I personally would be taking it with a grain or few of salt, if only for the simple reason that from the information we have so far, it seems as though they have chosen to take the goods and run, without so much as responding as a decent human being would - even if it was to say "I'm not happy with the goods", but as you said, the silence is deafening.

A quick word to those who have received goods but have not paid - To me, that is THEFT, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to think of it that way, so if you don't want to be regarded as a theif, do the right thing and pay the money owed.

I guess this is the down side to there being so many members here now - sadly, the more members there are here, the more chance there is of there being members who do the wrong thing by others. Sad but true.

Finally, a quick question, AP, are we talking about regulars here who are here regularly and post often, or people who have few posts here and may not visit here on a regular basis? And I hope the total sum of money you are owed isn't too high mate, particularly seeing as you were so generous with letting people receive the goods and check them out for themselves before paying.
Aussie Pete ... Maddestman pretty much summed up what I wanted to say but I'll add some more...

You are way too trusting mate. Me - no way! I wouldn't hand nothing over until the cash is in my hand (or bank account lol) You sound like the old me. I would have gone out of my way for everyone but people kept abusing my generosity so in the end I developed an attitude towards the way I deal with people and it's because I got shafted too many times by people just taking advantage of the fact that I was kind. Now don't misunderstand, I would still go out of my way to help anyone because that's just the way I am but there's a limit to how far I'll go nowadays and that's not fair to me because I now have to have an 'un-trusting' attitude and people take that the wrong way - know what I'm saying?!

I'm going to guess that it's just your nature to be kind and always wanting to help others BUT from now on, just draw a line mate. Mannn it ****es me off when people take advantage of others!!! That's a personality in people that I can't stand.

I also want to say that I think whoever does this - especially in our AFF community - should be named. Otherwise other members are at risk of having this happen to them when it could have been avoided.

That is all lol.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:04 PM   #55
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery
Unfortunately COD isn't foolproof. I have heard cases of the seller sending the item and the buyer simply never picking it up, costing the seller fees and retrieval.

I think an immediate suspension from the forums should be introduced until the matter is resolved.
I'd rather pay the fee with Australia Post than have the goods taken and never paid for. It's a shame its even come to this.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:04 PM   #56
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

NAME AND SHAME I say.

You have to also be careful in business, its business and that means the commercial terms of the transaction are all well agreed up front with consequences accepted by both parties.

Unfortunately doing business on a forum with known members is no safer than ebay.

Its sad but you just can't treat forum members as "mates".

I have made some good mates on the forum but even then I would only do business with those I have met face to face and really know.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:41 PM   #57
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

If I were the buyer, I'd insist on paying at least half upfront, if the offer was made to me to pay once I received the goods and was happy with them.
It goes both ways. You can be ripped off as the seller, or as the buyer.
Make a payment, then never get the goods. There has to be a meeting point halfway.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #58
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only bad thing about COD is when the buyer doesn't pick the item up. YOU HAVE TO PAY THE POSTAGE COSTS! Hence the reason I rarely deal with COD unless I have to. Postage on COD is through the roof for the small amount of service. I think if you wanted/order it. Collect & Pay for it!

I used to send small items varying $10->$300 COD all the time. It started to get expensive when people didn't pick them up. I know sometimes Aust Post doesn't send out collection slips too. So you don't know it's there and it gets sent back. DOH! I was on first name/number basis with my local PO. I was quite often informed verbally that I'd had an item awaiting collection for weeks.

Express post is the way to go. It's all trackable. I've had no issues with standard post and express post. Yet I've had loads of issues with the COD system.

I used to send roughly 20-60 items per week.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 02:07 PM   #59
Full Noise
Life begins at 40
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Absolutely disgusting ! More to the point dishonesty should not be tolerated in our world here in FF.au
I say name them so they are out in the open, they have been sheltered till now which is similar to our pathetic court systems etc...ppl should pay there dues.
Sorry if it's harsh but thats my opinion.
I agree with you, Bluedriver. This sort of behaviour is totally unacceptable on AFF and makes it difficult for genuine buyers and sellers, which is 99.9% of us. AP, I’m sorry you are owed money from people here but don’t change the way you are because of them. Why don’t we start a thread of positive dealings we’ve had from members and let others draw their own conclusions from that? I’ll start it off and say that Falkeen is totally trustworthy and a pleasure to deal with.

Cheers, Danny
Full Noise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #60
XR8GRL