Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #31
tuffnc
aka SHY4D aka Patty

damn...sorry to hear it mate....good that your ok......that was one cleen ute...all the best from here on in mate....hope everything works out.
tuffnc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #32
EFendedXG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffnc
damn...sorry to hear it mate....good that your ok......that was one cleen ute...all the best from here on in mate....hope everything works out.
thanks mate im pritty sore in many ways
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #33
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

That sucks to see mate :(

What do you mean by the shift kit got you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #34
EFendedXG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
That sucks to see mate :(

What do you mean by the shift kit got you?
Its got a stage 3 shift kit in it and being a ute its very tail happy and it snapped sideways when it kicked down and i could not control it and it went in to the trees and thats all i can remember
Old 03-07-2007, 09:31 PM   #35
holmsy
Banned

when it did a hard shift it would have lost traction in the wet.
mine does it even without a shift kit and put me sideways down the highway. that was scary
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #36
EFendedXG

just as i went around the corner and started to drive and it kicked down and made a mess
Old 03-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #37
frd_crzer
:D:D

thats the only disadvantage of shift kits. when u dont want it to shift down it does
Old 03-07-2007, 10:30 PM   #38
Daniel351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

DUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!! glad to hear that your ok!
that must hurt mate, such and nice looking ute! :(
So what will you be spending $8,000 on? surely a XG XR6 ute wont cost that much? :

THE Daily
1994 Ford Falcon ED XR6 Manual
Daniel351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #39
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

mate that's such a shame to see a nice ute like that totaled but at least you can salvage parts glad your ok & getting a good payout to go towards your next project
1994 ef fairmont 6cyl t5 manual & billet short shifter with jimmock dev5 including race series head,cam & vernier gear, mandrel bend high flow exhaust, pacemaker extractors, k&n air filter & bigger intake, unichip,16in xr8 rims, sports suspension & tinted windows, duel fuel & 6.5 dvd,tv clarion amp with front & rear 6in splits in doors & 2 6in subs in parcel shelf 148rwkw @ dynomotive dyno day
mad-ef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #40
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel351
DUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!! glad to hear that your ok!
that must hurt mate, such and nice looking ute! :(
So what will you be spending $8,000 on? surely a XG XR6 ute wont cost that much? :
You would be surprised, people ask CRAZY prices for utes, whether they sell at that price I dont know.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #41
frd_crzer

well he is striping the out of it. it was one nice ute.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:55 AM   #42
SBR_1
soon to be a McDonald :D

Gavin what do i say.I cant say much more than what i have alreday said to you.You are a luckly boy. and guys if you saw how bad he went into the trees you would be shocked mark and i saw it that night.We went and saw Gavin that night.

You a luck duck Gavin and i dont know how many times i have told you all you need to do is call and you wont be alone.When its a good mate that has an accident you worries about them untill they are back driving and untill they smile again.

You said you didnt know who well this tread would go well...just look at all the support you have behind you,
keep you chin up.
Amanda
Old 04-07-2007, 03:20 AM   #43
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_1
Gavin what do i say.I cant say much more than what i have alreday said to you.You are a luckly boy. and guys if you saw how bad he went into the trees you would be shocked mark and i saw it that night.We went and saw Gavin that night.

You a luck duck Gavin and i dont know how many times i have told you all you need to do is call and you wont be alone.When its a good mate that has an accident you worries about them untill they are back driving and untill they smile again.

You said you didnt know who well this tread would go well...just look at all the support you have behind you,
keep you chin up.
Amanda
So true with the support.
I was shattered to hear wat happened and I got a phone call of his mobile from his mum as he was in shock and I was speechless. I called Amanda straight away and said quick get ready we are going down. I was so worried for him as he was unable to talk at the time and was happy i went despite having to get up at 2.30am work work. My support is with you Gavin and as you know already im there for ya mate. Rest and take it easy buddy
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2007, 03:28 AM   #44
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd_crzer
well he is striping the out of it. it was one nice ute.
He is not selling any parts guys. He is keeping it all for the new one
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

Old 04-07-2007, 09:51 AM   #45
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Damn Gav, that sucks mate... Good to see your ok, and you'll have some coin to get a new one...

Could have been much worse from the looks of it... :(

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #46
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

bad luck mate, hope ur ok. sad to see a nice ute like that broken in such a way,

but like someone else said, buy an XH not an XG, better engine with the ef motor

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar
RepSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #47
EFendedXG

Thanks guys and girls for all your support its only really just starting to hit me know....
Im very lucky to be alive and able to walk away but i don't even remember hitting the trees or getting out of it... My father is still beside him self as it was his first brand new car and after him seeing all the work and the money i had put into all the mods in it $6000 to be exact he was shatted but cars can be replaced and but i can't. I'm not made on a production line....
Old 04-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #48
SBR_1

Well,went and saw Gavin today, he is good, well as good as a person can be when something like this happens, but in one peice,which is the main thing.

Just take it easy Gavin ok.(God how many times have i said that to you)
We will be all hands in to help with the new ute.OK.
take care
Old 04-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #49
EFendedXG

Thanks Amanda i appreciate you coming over to day to keep me company and to talk
Old 04-07-2007, 07:30 PM   #50
frd_crzer

but at least its a different face to talk to than just ur family there are alot of people that care mate
Old 04-07-2007, 07:40 PM   #51
SBR_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgme
Thanks Amanda i appreciate you coming over to day to keep me company and to talk
Its ok anytime.I made the mistake of not going to see Jared in hospital and i wasnt happy, so seen as i was free i made the effort to come see an e-series member&good friend when he need it.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:59 AM   #52
nothin suss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ouch! buddy.... That sucks the big one :(
As my mum would say, buy a tattslotto ticket!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:43 PM   #53
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothin suss
Ouch! buddy.... That sucks the big one :(
As my mum would say, buy a tattslotto ticket!
Yeah I reckon. But it seems that everyone is having car accidents lately and it worries me abit as Glenmaggie is coming up again and I had mine on the way to the camp last year. I never made it out of Hoppers Crossing :(
Im scared that its going to happen again this year.

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)

Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #54
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Sad to see.

Definitely not the first shift kit related accident. I can think of at least 2 others off the top of my head!
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #55
SBR_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_TD
Yeah I reckon. But it seems that everyone is having car accidents lately and it worries me abit as Glenmaggie is coming up again and I had mine on the way to the camp last year. I never made it out of Hoppers Crossing :(
Im scared that its going to happen again this year.
Well if you say things like that it will bloodly happen.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #56
EFendedXG

Thanks mate it was the shift too it has been a handful in the wet ever since i got it done.

That roundabout took someone else last night too due to lack of drainage

Last edited by xgme; 06-07-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #57
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
Sad to see.

Definitely not the first shift kit related accident. I can think of at least 2 others off the top of my head!
Were the other 2 times you saw a result of speeding?
if so then it doesn't fall in the same family as this one as Gavin didnt speed and I know how he drive and its very sensible as he keeps his car in good order and doesnt want to detroy it.
It was unfortunate that the roads were wet and slippery and the swift kit drop down a gear put not as a result of a heavy foot.

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)

Old 06-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #58
my little worl
My Little World

sorry to se a great looking ute in such a bad way
glad you are in a relative good way after you wild ride
MLW
my little worl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #59
Dezza
Parts bin special

Damn, Gavin! That is a huge shame to see your ute looking like that. It was looking really good last time I saw it. Glad to hear you got out intact though. That is the important thing. If you need any help at all when taking the parts out of the XG, just let me know. It is a fair drive, but I'm still willing to drive that far to help out.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #60
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What more can we say that hasnt been said?? The most important thing and the only thing that really matters is that you are ok and still with us. But if you are anything like us your car is your life so that part of it really sucks. Now you have a chance for a new focus and a new project i am sure you will do it well!!!! As long as you still have room for the fridge!!!
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post