Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-05-2005, 06:32 AM   #31
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
While on the topic of scary burgers, check this mofo out.

Its a 10 stack quarter pounder....

Its nasty

Now seriously, try to picture that in your stomach! Yuck.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 10:55 AM   #32
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would you like to Supersize that?????
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 11:31 AM   #33
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer1
Would you like to Supersize that?????
And would you like an apple pie or sundae with that? :hihi:

I'd give the McDonalds double pounder a go, despite the rather sus name it's been given - I may be only a skinny little runt, but I regularly suprise people with how much I can eat...

Besides, it would probably do a great job of flushing out my digestive system, lol!

I personally wouldn't worry too much about my health - after all, I could count on one hand the number of times I eat junk food in an entire year (most of the food I eat is healthy stuff like stir frys, and other home cooked goodies), so a once off like that doesn't scare me.

Do you make those yourself by ordering the correct number of 1/4 pounders and then just slap the contents between one of the buns or what?
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 11:38 AM   #34
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:

Its nasty

His T-shirt says it all! You'd need a keg of Metamucil after that "Colon-Loctite" material has swam down your gullet...
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #35
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Oh good god, my stomach is turning over and my arteries are threatening to block up just looking at it. :
Old 24-05-2005, 12:21 PM   #36
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Yeah, that's totally wrong. I may be a big fella, but **** me if I go and eat that. I'd probably die.
Old 24-05-2005, 12:23 PM   #37
3Toed
The Smoking Sloth™

I'm reading this an hour before lunch and my stomach is caving in on itself. :

Best I've done is on a work trip to Melbourne several years ago. I went out with one of the guys and had lasagna but it was a tad small so we both went to a Maccas down the road. When we got back to the office the other people were going out so I tagged along with them and had a pasta carbonara. I couldn't finish it unfortunately. Stooged...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
I'm all for a REAL MAN'S FEED™, but that much cheese is counter productive - you'd be stopped up for two months with all that!!!! You'd be able to read a weekend Sydney Morning Herald cover to cover, sixteen times before you were through "doing your business"!!!!!! : :MrT_anim:
Dunno about that! If anything, it'll increase production line capacity...

Quote:
For those in Sydney, check out Ribs'N'Rumps at Manly. It is a steakhouse for those who, like me, "hate small food". Best of all, you not only get quantity, but VERY high quality too!

Scroll down to the bottom of the link here, and also read below their "Challenge" - http://www.ribsandrumps.com.au/menu.aspx

1 kg Man O'War
A side of succulent rump, grilled to perfection for the biggest appetite, only grilled till medium $49.95

1 kg Saddle of Beef (T/Bone)
This is no mean feat to complete, fillet & sirloin on the bone, only grilled till medium $49.95

Take up The Challenge - eat three R&R's Professional steaks unassisted in one sitting & get the 3rd free. If you are able to finish all three, you have earned the right to a brick in R&R’s Wall of Fame plus you become a member of our elite R&R’s Professional Club. This entitles you to a free bottle of wine with every R&R Professional steak ordered for the next year. Beat the Challenge twice in a year and you receive a R&R’s Gold Card Membership. Then with every R&R’s Professional ordered you not only receive your free wine but your partners meal is complimentary during your membership year. The 500g Side of Rump is a special concession for ladies attempting the Challenge.
You Sir are my hero!
Amen Brother.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 12:30 PM   #38
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura

Those new deli choice rolls are geat (the Casear one is fantastic) and it doesnt seem to be as fatty and fake as it ussed to be.
They're not really all that great imo, living on subway, I found the maccas so called healthy deli choices to be greasy and made my stomach sick the other night in a bad way. I'll stick with eat fresh, atleast you know they're fresh and doesn't taste maccas fake.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 01:29 PM   #39
b2tf
not here much anymore

Fair enough XRGirl, Im not keen on Subway mainly because i flat out refuse to pay $7-8 for something i could buy the ingredients for from Coles and make for $3-4 at the most. I know the same could be argued for the Deli stuff from Macca's though.
Old 24-05-2005, 04:23 PM   #40
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Oooo, nice.

I was actually at Maccas on Saturday night and I must say they really have upped their standards foodwise. Those new deli choice rolls are geat (the Casear one is fantastic) and it doesnt seem to be as fatty and fake as it ussed to be.

That said I still rarely eat the stuff.
Chicken Caesar is about 3g less fat then a big mac... hardly worth it. The Thai Chicken is the lowest fat, with less then 8g

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 04:25 PM   #41
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yea, subway is $$$, but the foot long is value for $ if you get all the toppings, as the deli choice is no where near as big!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 04:33 PM   #42
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
There's nothing like a McSlush burger to get the digestive tract cleared out
haha the McTurd.

Quote:
For those in Sydney, check out Ribs'N'Rumps at Manly. It is a steakhouse for those who, like me, "hate small food". Best of all, you not only get quantity, but VERY high quality too!

Scroll down to the bottom of the link here, and also read below their "Challenge" - http://www.ribsandrumps.com.au/menu.aspx

1 kg Man O'War
A side of succulent rump, grilled to perfection for the biggest appetite, only grilled till medium $49.95

1 kg Saddle of Beef (T/Bone)
This is no mean feat to complete, fillet & sirloin on the bone, only grilled till medium $49.95

Take up The Challenge - eat three R&R's Professional steaks unassisted in one sitting & get the 3rd free. If you are able to finish all three, you have earned the right to a brick in R&R’s Wall of Fame plus you become a member of our elite R&R’s Professional Club. This entitles you to a free bottle of wine with every R&R Professional steak ordered for the next year. Beat the Challenge twice in a year and you receive a R&R’s Gold Card Membership. Then with every R&R’s Professional ordered you not only receive your free wine but your partners meal is complimentary during your membership year. The 500g Side of Rump is a special concession for ladies attempting the Challenge.
Yeah we have a social club at work but for those of us that don't tag along and do other things we have the Anti-Social Club. This will be the next place we head off too. Thanks !

Quote:
Do you make those yourself by ordering the correct number of 1/4 pounders and then just slap the contents between one of the buns or what?
There's a maccas in Sydney which lets you make your own. Otherwise you'd have to buy several and make a mutant burger out of several.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 05:05 PM   #43
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

Quote:

Its nasty

Commonly referred to as the "stoner burger"

I could do a Double Pounder for sure. I cant wait to see the look on the guy out the backs face of the closest Maccas at the next AFF meet.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:25 PM   #44
Dodge
i like to be stroked

i was ready for dinner b4 i saw that tower of goop, now im just having a ceaser salad . I ordered a texas rancho meal in a resturant in LA , it was a piece of beef about 300 mm x 200 mm and 30 mm thick a side plate of curly fries about the size of a large salad bowl , a bowl of salad and 2 full chunks of corn, I ate about 1/4 of the meat and 2 fries. all that cost me US$ 15.00 and some one who eats it all get a free meal and his/her name on a plaque on the wall , there was about 40 men a 12 females up there so far, resturant was only 16 mths old. glad im not married to one of them .
Old 24-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #45
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Man that looks so delicious... (better clarify, I mean the double pounder, not the big mofo)

I eat 2 quarter pounders anyway. That would be a piece of cake.

Last edited by Pearly; 24-05-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #46
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I reckon its do able but that much meat in one bite is nasty.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #47
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
Man that looks so delicious... (better clarify, I mean the double pounder, not the big mofo)

2 quarter pounders is 2 pieces of meat....not exactly close to 8

ive eaten a pounder before, with the fries and coke it came with....and its pretty tasty

id definitely have a go at a double pounder for a bet, but wouldnt waste my money on 1 otherwise....3 patties is a good size, making a triple cheeseburger (with 1/4 pounder sized patties though)

as for how to order these things, you can do it at any McDonalds. you just have to order (and pay) for it. for peoples info, the patties on the cheeseburger and big mac are called "10:1" patties and the quarter pounder patties are "4:1" and no, it doesnt have anything to do with the ratio of other:meat lol...its just the size.

just ordera quarter pounder with extra 4:1 extra cheese, extra 4:1 extra cheese, and so on until you have the desired amount of patties. lol

also, is it just me, or does the first photo in this thread look more like its from america, and not australia?
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 09:45 PM   #48
Dodge
i like to be stroked

ur right not a aussie cup or place mat, maybe a burgar made a jiffy lube or next door to jenny craigs head office
Old 24-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #49
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
ur right not a aussie cup or place mat, maybe a burgar made a jiffy lube or next door to jenny craigs head office
yeah the burger ring isnt the 1's we have in AUS....then add that with the mighty ducks jacket......it just didnt look australian to me...
Old 24-05-2005, 09:53 PM   #50
Dodge
i like to be stroked

i dont think our smart maccas guys could construct such a mass of toxic waste and not have it fall apart, its hard enough to get a big mac in 1 piece
Old 24-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #51
Dez
Banned

Quote:
i dont think our smart maccas guys could construct such a mass of toxic waste and not have it fall apart, its hard enough to get a big mac in 1 piece
lol, my mate works there....he's made a 7 pattie burger for a guy that ordered 1
Old 24-05-2005, 10:48 PM   #52
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
I agree, from my experience with McDonalds outlets around here, they struggle with assembling a Junior Burger!
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 11:02 PM   #53
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

The other giveaway is Yank cheese - it's all so sickly ORANGE!
Old 24-05-2005, 11:40 PM   #54
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Just looking at those pics is making me sick .
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 10:16 AM   #55
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
2 quarter pounders is 2 pieces of meat....not exactly close to 8
Where in my post did I say it was close to eight?
Old 25-05-2005, 02:14 PM   #56
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Where in my post did I say it was close to eight?
Quote:

you say you eat 2 burgers, so this would be a piece of cake.....
Old 25-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #57
Pearly
Lowriding

... and you felt that you just had to comment on it?

You don't know how much I eat or can eat. Why challenge what I say?
Old 25-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #58
Dez
Banned

Quote:
... and you felt that you just had to comment on it?

You don't know how much I eat or can eat. Why challenge what I say?
challenge what you say? lol, ok, you've had your cry get over it.

there was more writing in my post
Old 25-05-2005, 04:26 PM   #59
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Because he can (*EDIT* Dez you beat me to it!)

I think he means that Quarter Pounders come out with single patties. I thought they came out with two, but I must be mistaken (or confusing with the double quarter pounder)...

All that grease, meat, cheese, oil, fat, and grease (not to mention grease) looks great to me! I'm no big eater of industrially-refined nutrients, but I'd have a crack at a fetid burger such as that, because, well, it's a fetid burger!

-Dave-

Last edited by mcflux; 25-05-2005 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Dez posts quicker than me...
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 04:38 PM   #60
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

ugh...

thanks guys. Just a moment ago i was so hungry but i've eaten my lunch already! Now i think i'll be right for another 2 days lol...

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post