Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #31
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

i was in the young drivers position once, but the damage was reversed. I was driving a 97 lancer, he was in a 94-96 holden rolladoor... dinged my headlight, bonnet and quarter... $900 fix... by looks, i snapped his bumper off. when he went to get a quote fo fix it, turns out i bent his rails and moved his roofline.. write off. we both slammed brakes on at the same time, he had abs, i didn't. couldn't have impacted over 30kph.

looks can deffinately be deceiving.. i'm positive that there is so much more damage behind the bar.

hope all goes well though (and he has insurance!!)
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 01:43 PM   #32
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Did it make you feel like a tough guy going off at the poor bloke? I understand that you were upset but seriously was there any need for it and did it get you anywhere? My guess is no. You really need to either stay off the roads until you get your emotions in check or take an anger management class. You do realise that this guy can now have you done for road rage or assault don't you. Remember to be assault all that needs to happen is for the victim to feel threatened.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 02:50 PM   #33
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Did it make you feel like a tough guy going off at the poor bloke? I understand that you were upset but seriously was there any need for it and did it get you anywhere? My guess is no. You really need to either stay off the roads until you get your emotions in check or take an anger management class. You do realise that this guy can now have you done for road rage or assault don't you. Remember to be assault all that needs to happen is for the victim to feel threatened.
Red - I doubt he really went off at the guy at all. I reckon he just said that in his post to make himself seem to be a big tough man, but didn't realise that most of us on here are mature enough to treat people with respect, no matter the circumstances. Most of us big tough men know that yelling and screaming at someone after an accident gets you nowhere - of course, had it been an "on purpose" instead of an accident, then yelling and screaming and bludgeoning is called for.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 03:04 PM   #34
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXi7w0unD
nooooooooooo!!!! stoped at a round about, young kid locked up and hit my rear, bang, i was like wtf! then got out and i went OFFF!! f this f that!, split my fiberglass ts50 body kit down the middle and a little on the side. pics soon

it was raining.
Wel he is in the wrong and you need to get a grip , that damage is worse than you realise
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #35
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Red - I doubt he really went off at the guy at all. I reckon he just said that in his post to make himself seem to be a big tough man, but didn't realise that most of us on here are mature enough to treat people with respect, no matter the circumstances. Most of us big tough men know that yelling and screaming at someone after an accident gets you nowhere - of course, had it been an "on purpose" instead of an accident, then yelling and screaming and bludgeoning is called for.
Ahhh the old "act tough behind the keyboard so everyone else on here thinks I'm a big tough man" syndrome. I follow what you are saying lol.

+1 for this thread to be closed.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #36
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

+2 for this thread to be closed.
Old 27-06-2007, 04:07 PM   #37
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I couldn't have put it better myself. seems like he has a lot to prove, he wants his car to do 220 as well to hell with the limiter or safety : a bit of respect goes a long way and when they realise they are in the wrong you will find that gettin thing paid for is easier if you treat them like a real person instead of ranting and raving like a rabid dog
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #38
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On another legal note, I'm not sure having photos of the other guys car with the number plates clearly legible is above board... Maybe a mod should take it down.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #39
slo351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what has any of this got to do with removing a speed limiter ?? you guys where all young once and did things you may /may not regret.. leave the kid alone!
he was hit up the *** by another car.. whoop di do! same with all the other 1000's of accident that happen around aus.. god you guys sound like my missus!!
slo351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #40
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

^^ because he posted a thread the other day enquiring about removing the Speed Limiter, because his car pulled off at 180~Kmph and he wants to be able to do its SAID amount of 220kmph on public roads!

yeah use might all have been young once, i am still young, maybe 1 ov the youngest forum members here of only 17 ... and i can tell you, that no way in a million years would i want to go over my speed limiter on a public road, just beause he is young doesn't mean thats the reason he wants to do it, thats y Young male drivers especially P-Platers have Bad Rep, because people are steroe-typical to the fact that all young drivers want to go as fast as they can ...
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #41
slo351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Originally Posted by eXi7w0unD
but my console says 220, i expect the car to go 220, even if i can never ever get it their thats what i want my car to do

where does it say public road ??
im in the same boat as him.. i want my limiter removed.. does that make me a bad/ hoon driver ??
NO... i havent had my ute anywhere near the limiter on the roads... nor will it be pushed that hard..
the only reason i want mine removed is purely a dyno thing, to the point i will remove it run it on the dyno to see how much more it has, then return it back to stock..
Old 27-06-2007, 07:23 PM   #42
slo351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry guys, i just cant see the reason for baggin him over removing it...

Last edited by slo351; 27-06-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 27-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #43
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

i wasn't having a go, u asked what it has to do with this thread so i said what they were all on about ... if u wish to remove ur speed limiter, i really wouldn't care ... it's just people had ago at him because, he wanted to remove it! i didn't mention anything in that thread, because it's his own decision what he wants to do, and not my business what he wants to do with it removed, he just got accused of being a hoon and dangerous to the roads! no where did i mention he was a hoon ... nor people who wish it to be removed!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 27-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #44
slo351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i understand that mate i wasnt directing it at u either.. just a general comment..
if the bloke wants to go out and hit 220 on a public road, let him.. i know i wont be anywhere near him when it happens..
Old 27-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #45
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nversace
^^ because he posted a thread the other day enquiring about removing the Speed Limiter, because his car pulled off at 180~Kmph and he wants to be able to do its SAID amount of 220kmph on public roads!

yeah use might all have been young once, i am still young, maybe 1 ov the youngest forum members here of only 17 ... and i can tell you, that no way in a million years would i want to go over my speed limiter on a public road, just beause he is young doesn't mean thats the reason he wants to do it, thats y Young male drivers especially P-Platers have Bad Rep, because people are steroe-typical to the fact that all young drivers want to go as fast as they can ...
good to see a responsible attitude to speed from one of the young ones. we all have a desire to never grow old but do 220 on a public road and you have a good chance of attaining this goal the hard way. keep up the good work nversace
Old 27-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #46
sednwol

Quote:
He hit you from behind, his insurance company is going to buy you a nice new kit or repair the one you already have to the state it was in before he decided to kiss your ***
Correct me if Iam wrong but unless you specified the modifications with the insurance company they will only repair the car to showroom stock.
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #47
slo351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sometimes yes... if your lucky they mite repair it if you havent notified them.. all depends on the assessor.. he might have to contribute part payment to repalce the bumper bar, if he hasnt..
but being fibreglass they will more than likely stick it back together.
Old 27-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #48
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sednwol
Correct me if Iam wrong but unless you specified the modifications with the insurance company they will only repair the car to showroom stock.
that is true if you go through your own insurance but if you go through his it must be repaired to the pre prang condition the only exception being mods that are not legal and that would not apply in this case
Old 27-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #49
eXi7w0unD

damn u guys are hard on me, seems its always me too :( anyway, just cars knows all my mods, i rang up they said not its not ur fault so i don't have to pay excess so im happy.

i got 2 quotes, 1 guy wants to put an original ts50 bumper on.. his like $1500 apporx, the other guy wants to get a fibreglass 1. what should i choose.? and the underneath of my car is been pushed and my boot closes but theirs a 5mm gap on 1 side. noticable too.

p.s. u guys are hypocritical, saying that im imature, when ur bagging me out on this forum, turning all my comments from other posts upside down making me the bad guy....
Old 27-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #50
slo351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

id be going the genuine one.. always worth more than fibreglass.. make sure u point out the gaps and backpanel to who ever does it..
Old 27-06-2007, 08:54 PM   #51
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

these guys remind me of the accident in the v8 supercars on the weekend and i have to say when mark winterbottom and the other young guys said that all the old farts in racing always winge when when something goes wrong as if they have never done it them selves and then I get on here and read all this and the old farts are complaing as if they never broke the law in the life. GET A GRIP this thread isnt about how old and mature you are its about a guy leeting us know he crashed his car.

PS if you want to close the thread maybe you should try and become a moderator so you can do so otherwise dont read the thead. Where not forcing you to red it and by the sounds of he dosnt want to hear your crap

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #52
falzoony
Rockin '67

is the rest of your kit fibreglass? If so I'd go fibreglassb but if the rest of the kit is genuine I'd go for the genuine.

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #53
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
good to see a responsible attitude to speed from one of the young ones. we all have a desire to never grow old but do 220 on a public road and you have a good chance of attaining this goal the hard way. keep up the good work nversace
thanks mann, appreciate it ... and i thought i was going to get hammered by someone!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 27-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #54
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

original will always be better than glass the factory bar is plastic that will flex and return to it's original shape instead of breaking and it can be welded fiberglass is a cheap alternative
Old 27-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #55
Belle_Hemmi
Fords & Hemi's

I know exactly how you feel
Belle_Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #56
Mark One
A humorous statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
original will always be better than glass the factory bar is plastic that will flex and return to it's original shape instead of breaking and it can be welded fiberglass is a cheap alternative
I thought the fact everyone gets glass is because you can't get plastic TS50 kits these days.

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
not using the search button makes the baby jesus cry.
Mark One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #57
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKAUXR8
these guys remind me of the accident in the v8 supercars on the weekend and i have to say when mark winterbottom and the other young guys said that all the old farts in racing always winge when when something goes wrong as if they have never done it them selves and then I get on here and read all this and the old farts are complaing as if they never broke the law in the life. GET A GRIP this thread isnt about how old and mature you are its about a guy leeting us know he crashed his car.

PS if you want to close the thread maybe you should try and become a moderator so you can do so otherwise dont read the thead. Where not forcing you to red it and by the sounds of he dosnt want to hear your crap
It's not the fact the he got hit that has people off-side, but the fact that he reckons he abused the person who hit him. That in addition to the fact that he wants to remove a speed limiter for no known or possibly legal reason (Power starts dropping off in the rev range, long before the speed limiter is hit, so the dyno excuse is plucking at straws).

And it's We're, not where, and read, not red. Doesn't, not dosnt.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 11:24 PM   #58
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
It's not the fact the he got hit that has people off-side, but the fact that he reckons he abused the person who hit him. That in addition to the fact that he wants to remove a speed limiter for no known or possibly legal reason (Power starts dropping off in the rev range, long before the speed limiter is hit, so the dyno excuse is plucking at straws).

And it's We're, not where, and read, not red. Doesn't, not dosnt.
spot on JC no excuse for the abuse it gets you nowhere just makes you feel like a hero (odd how acting like a jerk makes some feel like a big man). it may be true that to become old and wise you must first be young and stupid but not all make it to old age and some get darwin awards ( http://www.darwinawards.com/ ) 220 in an AU and standard tailshaft may gain a nomination? To be honest i don't want to find out those kind of high speed accidents give modified cars a bad name.
Old 28-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #59
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

Sorry JC i didnt realise we were getting examined on our spelling and grammer ill double check it next time.

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #60
Robe

Question

(Sorry, but the word is grammar. "I" should be capitalised and there are a bunch of missing apostrophes. I spend all day writing and editing so I notice all these little slips. I would like to see the members of all internet Forums taking more care with spelling and composition, but it really does not matter as long as we can grasp the point. If you are not confident with your writing and spelling I suggest preparing your post in Word first. The spell check will help identify mistakes.)

Is Exitwound getting a bum deal on this thread? It is any interesting story, with pics, and the advice on what to get checked after a rear-ender has been useful.

I would have thought and said the odd copulative word too after getting shunted up the bum on a wet night. But I do not think the posting actually said he gave the kid both barrels.

Bog standard silver BF Wagon, except for the Elvis doll , on gas.

Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Association
www.VRRDA.com.au

2015 Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance State Championships
23 May 2015, Furlan Club, Thornbury
Robe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post