Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #31
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRT069
4vman what's a load of rubbish? the copper statement or the trafficlaw forum?
Your apparent attitude towards Police as well as the need to "work" the legal system to get off on technicalities....

Old 18-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #32
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Charles Darwin says the pedestrian is helping us evolve.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #33
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

unlike some of the one liners from the same user in this thread, who remains in the stone age.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #34
Teflon Turbo
Banned

4vman, is that all hehehe...
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #35
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Slightly off topic but still to do with pedestrians,

Why do some pedestrians blindly walk out onto a pedestrian crossing (no lights), assuming that because they have the right of way the bloody vehical will stop.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people up here in Queensland that dont even pause or look left and right, do they honestly belive that flesh is stronger than steel, that because the law is on their side they have a force field around them.

While the laws are clear, i was always taught as a kid to stop at the "ZEBRA" crossing and wait until it is clear to cross or the traffic has stopped allowing you to cross safely. While you will always get the selfish bloody idiots who wont stop, all rules aside it seems to be a pretty final way of testing the law when you are rolling around under someones wheels. :

Picture this: Broken arm raised defiantly, fist clenched, "I AM IN THE RIGHT" he/she croaks, as the last drop of claret ouses out of the mangled body
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #36
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Similar scenario when pedestrians cross at a school crossing when there are no flags out.

I seem to remember many years ago when studying the rules for my licence that you only had to give way when the flags are out, however many cars these days seem to stop for them regardless.

Downright dangerous that the car stops IMO, especially when there's other traffic around. I have seen someone cross when a car has stopped, but a car going the other way didnt realise.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #37
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Downright dangerous that the car stops IMO, especially when there's other traffic around. I have seen someone cross when a car has stopped, but a car going the other way didnt realise.[/QUOTE]

To true, but i would guess the car that kept going missed a few clues, like the you are approaching a pedestrian crossing sign, the fact that the other car was stopped, the big fat white lines and probably the pedestrian(s) themselves, but it was probably a important phone call eh....
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post