Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #31
Fled74
The Thread Killa

No matter who the mods are, they deserve our thanks and support. It's a hard (and before this thread, thankless) job keeping the forums running smoothly, separating the wheat from the chaff, and dealing with the day-to-day IT issues in addition to their day jobs, families, etc.
Thanks guys.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #32
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
I posted a thread titled "what happened to LAMINGE?" also a few months ago . only to have it locked immediately . i then tried some pms to a few people only to have no reply . whatever happened to him . most of us dont know . and it seems the current admin . dont want to tell us . not having a crack but there wasnt even an announcement that he is no longer part of the forum team . so we dont know if he is or not .
Yeah Even Casper and Sourbastard went MIA for a while. Both now only post rarely and are no longer mods. Strange that you had your thread locked gtfpv.

I assume this is a case of Internal Admin politics, like what happened in the old FF.com Days when we all came over here and left LunaticSVT. It seems we have lost Gary (Laminge) and (to some extent) Sour and Casper. One could only assume some argument or irreconcilable differencences between the guys and that is why the new mods seem to have a heavy hand in locking out any mention of them. I could be wrong, but that which goes unspoken only serves to say a lot. Hiding it only wildly increases speculation...

Then again, It could be oh so simple
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #33
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Gary aka 'LAMINGE' is the Stig !
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #34
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
I posted a thread titled "what happened to LAMINGE?" also a few months ago . only to have it locked immediately . i then tried some pms to a few people only to have no reply . whatever happened to him . most of us dont know . and it seems the current admin . dont want to tell us . not having a crack but there wasnt even an announcement that he is no longer part of the forum team . so we dont know if he is or not .
Some people just change directions in life and other things take preference. Some grow tired of being a Mod or in Admin as not everyone agrees with the way things go and can say so in imaginative ways, so can understand some just having enough and walking away ...... so there it is ..... nothing to exciting.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #35
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Some people just change directions in life and other things take preference. Some grow tired of being a Mod or in Admin as not everyone agrees with the way things go and can say so in imaginative ways, so can understand some just having enough and walking away ...... so there it is ..... nothing to exciting.
thanks for the reply and explanation mate . cheers
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #36
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

As noted above, things (and personnel) do change over time for a whole range of reasons. I could go into the reasons why each of those mentioned are less active than they used to be but they are entitled to their privacy and we will respect that.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #37
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

I am Sooo putting my hand up for the next Moderators position Chief .... Sir YES sir !!
Old 25-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #38
FgNewbie
Australia

Some terrific posts. Kudos to everyone that makes this a great place, especially the powers that be.

do I get my sticker now

XD ESP, like MO mentioned, I expressed my thanks by becoming a Donating Member.
Info: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=52951

Dazzler watch where you put that hand up, you might get more than you bargained for.
FgNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #39
Road Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by FgNewbie
Some terrific posts. Kudos to everyone that makes this a great place, especially the powers that be.

do I get my sticker now

XD ESP, like MO mentioned, I expressed my thanks by becoming a Donating Member.
Info: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=52951

Dazzler watch where you put that hand up, you might get more than you bargained for.
Hahahahahaha it would certainly be interesting ...
Old 26-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #40
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Best way to thank the team is give something back; not just as a DM but by attending your states various AFF-run events such as drag days, cruises, charity runs(which also help others!) and other events. Getting to know people not just through a keyboard and monitor but in real life is important too. Or you can go the whole hog and travel interstate like I did earlier in the year! It's all good
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #41
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Best way to thank the team is give something back; not just as a DM but by attending your states various AFF-run events such as drag days, cruises, charity runs(which also help others!) and other events. Getting to know people not just through a keyboard and monitor but in real life is important too. Or you can go the whole hog and travel interstate like I did earlier in the year! It's all good

Agreed whole heatedly, the cruises are a great way to meet people, and on the whole people are more than happy to gas bag on about their cars, what mods they've done or the direction they're taking with it.

Great bunch of people IMO (QLD at least )
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2010, 02:52 AM   #42
Road Games

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_au
Agreed whole heatedly, the cruises are a great way to meet people, and on the whole people are more than happy to gas bag on about their cars, what mods they've done or the direction they're taking with it.

Great bunch of people IMO (QLD at least )
Most indeedy doodilly yes !
Old 02-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #43
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_au
To elaborate:

RussellW is both man and legend
He is of this world yet inter-dimensional
He is present even in his absence
He is both partial and impartial
With liberal right-foot he smites even the toughest adversaries
Legend has it he created AFF to restore balance and order in the world, which spontaneously sprang to life after RussellW gave unto Cs123 a carton, some duct tape and a commodore 64.
Even the scriptures talk of his greatness, Revelation 22:13 - I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
And of course Russ believes in democracy...... One man, one vote

Russell is the man. He gets the vote!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #44
sxckevo
Ford motor company

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
I am Sooo putting my hand up for the next Moderators position Chief .... Sir YES sir !!

HAHAHAHA you are a funny man, regulary LOL at your posts

a BIG thanks to all who make this site what it is, so much of my life is spent on here, VERY addictive

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #45
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Ive been apart of a couple of forums (With previous cars/bikes) and admittedly this is the most professional forum Ive seen by far.....
I was briefly apart of another forum whom I wont mension but they could be they direct competitor of the Falcon and it was horrible... Just down right nasty and disrespectful.... Not only to Ford lovers but more Surprisingly to each other!!!

Never the less, good to be apart of a great community and look forward to my 1st offical meet.
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #46
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Gotta love AFF. I love spending time on here! The heathcote drag day a few months ago was great, the people are fantastic, it's an all round great place to be.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #47
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Gotta love AFF. I love spending time on here! The heathcote drag day a few months ago was great, the people are fantastic, it's an all round great place to be.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #48
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Shhhhh Simon!!
Game. Reinvented.