Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #31
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

the best one i get in the BA is... you should of bought an XR6...

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
Old 04-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #32
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbmotorsport
I wouldn't worry to much about it.... It's a bit like the whole Australia-New Zealand thing.
A bit of friendly rivalry, we love to beat them at anything and everything, pick on them for saying things like "fush and chups" and tell them they all shag sheep. and they give it back.

But if any one was to ever pick on them we would be the first one in to help them out, and vise versa.:

Been driving Fords for 30 odd years and not one insult from a Holden driver.....

Agree about the Aust/NZ rivalry too.....I'm a Kiwi, been living here for 25 years and the sport rivalry is all good fun....It's a good talking point over a few beers with the mates, nobody gets offended..The best party i ever went to was a Bledisloe Cup party in Sydney around 5 years ago.....around 40 odd people there split 50/50 Kiwi/Aussie......NZ ended up losing that one but it was all good fun.....The ANZAC mateship will never die
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 04-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #33
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

like others, i seem to only cop it from people driving a the 90s model with 17 additional tachos and jim beam seat covers
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 04-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #34
satria
FOXWHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMFIST
we have had the coupe on the road for all of 24hrs and we have allready been called a c#%k and all sorts that i really carnt say on here. why do holden drivers allways want to insult you for no reason. how many people out there are getting insults from holden drivers??? from me personally iam not really getting any insentive to restore my coupe just to be called names.
weird...i've had my xw on the road for a couple years now and i've only ever had compliments, especially from holden/chrysler drivers. I remember one day i got thumbs up from both an awesome looking torana and a nice charger.

Don't worry if someone insults your coupe dude, we all know the truth that it is an awesome car!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #35
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

we had heaps of good comments last night too, i think when i got called a C@#K on Main South road on wednesday was due to the awful looking wheels i had on the car, also copped the finger too, doesn't phase me, i can see why hamfist is getting upset, 10 months of solid work is being insulted, but hey thats the cars we drive, the only reason it doesn't happen in the XC is that it's grandpa-tastic with stock wheels and headlight covers, and of course it's not bright yellow. i had one bloke ask me if the coupe was a real GT, had to admit defeat and say no but he still thought it was awesome, had another guy at castle plaza shouting "my car!!!!! my car!!!" as i burbled past. took it to the painter's the other day and the electrician who was working there was blown away by it. Like the guys have said, a TRUE car lover will look at that and go KOOP!, I myself have always wanted a coupe as well as quite a few other makes of car, and now i have it, has cost me more than $15,000 and 10 months of solid work, and true it annoys me when some bogan (not like i can talk) wearing thongs, tracky dacks, "cracking a big woody" and smoking, but hey its only a matter of time before third reich mike catches up with her. at least i don't have to go home to Davoren Park heheheh

anyways i have rambled on for long enough, gonna put some juice in the car, go and get out and enjoy my car for what it is.

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #36
grumpyoldb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I have had Holden drivers go past giving the thumbs up when up in my coupe, are you sure it was the car and not your driving style they commenting on ?

If your incentive to restore doesn't come from love of the car, then why are you doing it.
Two excellent questions....
Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #37
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Late last year when I got my G6E-T, I had to do a run up to Newcastle. On the way back, a red VL commodore station wagon with 3 guys in it pulled along side. Two of them were drinking as one raised his bottle and the other gave me a thumbs up. Totally unexpected.
I find that I don't cop it from Holden guys, but for some reason every toyota sedan driver thinks he's driving a formula 1 car. Nup, ricers are my problem, not Holden guys.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 04-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #38
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

unfortunately, it seems that some peoples only purpose in life is to make others miserable. Clearly their parents didnt teach them "if you have nothing nice to say, then dont say anything" phrase

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 04-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #39
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Don't think about what Narrow Minded SikBro's think...

I always feel pity for the other party who make comments with absolutly No Idea how bad it's reflecting on thier IQ.

Have fun !
Old 04-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #40
Dezza
Parts bin special

Try drive an EA. Both Ford and Holden drivers insult you!

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 04-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #41
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahaha dezza so true :P
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 04-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #42
satria
FOXWHO

lol @ dezza, i feel so sorry for ya :P
Old 04-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #43
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
Try drive an EA. Both Ford and Holden drivers insult you!
hahahaha funniest line of the day

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

Old 04-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #44
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I had this happen 2 or so weeks ago, drove pass a bunch of guys getting out of a VZ SSZ on the side of the road and one saw me coming and started shouting out jebberish as I drove pass. I thought to myself, maybe I did something wrong and wondered if my lights were on, if i was speeding, but i just relized that they were typical Holden bogans that pulled over on the side of the road and park the car the wrong way around because parallel parking was far to difficult a concept to interpret.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #45
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I have an AU so cop it from Ford lovers too, so whats the point. Maybe some people around here need thicker skin
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 04-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #46
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xe351
unfortunately, it seems that some peoples only purpose in life is to make others miserable. Clearly their parents didnt teach them "if you have nothing nice to say, then dont say anything" phrase

This forum wouldn't get many posts if people were like that.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #47
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
This forum wouldn't get many posts if people were like that.
yep i agree

head's over to climate change thread
Old 04-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #48
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm a Holden driver. I haven't insulted you.
Therefore, your statement is already wrong.

The fact is that there are people on the road who are morons, but there are morons everywhere in life.
The challenge is to not sink to their level.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #49
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

At my workplace, there are about 10 guys who all drive commodores, most of them being SS commodors as well as a Senator, and then theres all the ones who claim to be holden supporters, but for some reason drive toyotas or a Nissan pulsar for example. Then theres me! the only ford supporter through out the whole company. Think of the amount of rubbish and faulse statments I hear every week, its actualy pretty funny because they never realy have answer for me when i ask them why the commodore is a better car! Its always me coming up with the stronger argument. This sort of stuff happens everywhere and has never bothered me.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #50
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's all good natured stuff. It's just that sometimes the passion blows things out of proportion. While we heap krap on New Zealand, we fought side by side many times.

I don't like holdens but if someone tries to tell me how good something like pontiac firebird was, I will immediately bring up how any Monaro was better (because it is Australian)

I stand up for Redbank Plains over Collingwood Park, ipswich over brisbane, queensland over NSW, Australia over NZ and AUS/NZ over the rest of the world.

I will taunt SS drivers but I am still proud when GM acknowledges that the Commie is better than most of the krap they build over there.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #51
Trek
Blue blooded

Those kind of insults only annoy me when the Holden 'fans' either blurt some drivel out like "Fords are (insert random expletive)" and don't provide a reason to back up the statement... Practically just saying statements like that for the hell of it, without any real idea at all.

And of course there was one instance where I just knocked off after a demanding/draining day at work, leaving the building, a workmate asks "where'd you park?", I said some other location apart from the immediate car park, where it wouldn't get any dings, he then replied "it's only a Ford", while another one laughs smugly (who's a Camry driver, go figure...). Of course, I felt like knocking his lights out, but I just let it slide. Last thing I needed was another ignorant statement from another fool. Can't blame me for taking pride in my possessions, since I paid for it, not him.

The moment you give in to what they say is the moment you admit defeat, so it's more or less to 'get one up' on you or whoever the person being insulted is.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #52
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
we have had the coupe on the road for all of 24hrs and we have allready been called a c#%k and all sorts that i really carnt say on here. why do holden drivers allways want to insult you for no reason. how many people out there are getting insults from holden drivers??? from me personally iam not really getting any insentive to restore my coupe just to be called names.
It's human nature; meaning to say, it could be one of the following:
Envy.
Stupidity/Blindness.
Competitiveness. (Are you sure they didn't say "come on **** I'll race you"?)
Intoxicated/smashed.

Just smile back when they do this, it will make them realise how low they are.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #53
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definately gotta say I cop the occasional bit of flack for owning Fords, mostly from stock Commodore drivers. I just throw back that I own as many Holdens as Fords (WB Statesman, EH Wagon, XP Ute, EF Fairmont).... and that I'm too old to join the flock of P-plate commodore drivers
Old 04-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #54
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I have had Holden drivers go past giving the thumbs up when up in my coupe
I find this to be the case more often than not, from all other makes. I would have to say I have never been on the negative side of a comment so far, and I live in Melton !!!! haha.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #55
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

I'd tend to blend with them with their comments. Example. A Holden driver says your Ford is a piece of crap. My reply is Yep. Visa versa with the Holden. It's a piece of crap. That way you're agreeing with them and making them feel like they've got the better branded car.

Either way, it's your pride and joy and providing it gets you from A to B, without dramas, you can't complain. What more can you ask. Not much.

In the long run, it's your car and stuff what others think.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #56
Falcman0o7
Banned

Because most of them are teenagers with no clue but how to TRY and impress their mates. One eyed little turds.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #57
Thankfull
Banned

Quote:
Most of the Holden boys I encounter on the road, are usualy all smiles in regards to my BA GT.
They even buzz around on the multi lanes roads checking you out from different angles....the GT badge seems to draw a measure of respect out there on the roads.

However you will always get the occasional idiots.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #58
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I must have been lucky, never been insulted by a Holden driver (?).

Used to get a lot of praise from them when I had an XW GT oh so many years ago. :(
Old 06-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #59
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

I get it in the GT from time to time, Also had "comments" in the BF too.
I reckon it's just a matter of jealousy or Utter stupidity.

Just last week I was turning in to a back street near home and some shirtless knob with a few mates hanging around was leaning on a Red VP ute yells "Ford 5**t " as I drove by. I Just ignored him him and kept going. Not worth worrying about.
I reckon most of the time reaction is what they want. Don't give it to them.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #60
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb
I get it in the GT from time to time, Also had "comments" in the BF too.
I reckon it's just a matter of jealousy or Utter stupidity.

Just last week I was turning in to a back street near home and some shirtless knob with a few mates hanging around was leaning on a Red VP ute yells "Ford 5**t " as I drove by. I Just ignored him him and kept going. Not worth worrying about.
I reckon most of the time reaction is what they want. Don't give it to them.
And them in a red VP just makes them instantly desirable in every way...

But you made a good suggestion...just ignore them.
They are deluded creatures....let them live in their fantasy world.
They're after a reaction...

Don't snap my undies.
Closed Thread