Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #31
stefmx
Starter Motor

I had my car impounded at the start of the year at Echuca. It was the biggest load of s*** ever. i was going down a dirt road and spun the wheels for not even 1 second, cop was 2 cars behind me, dont even know how he saw it and impounded my car for 48hrs. Going to court in 2 weeks, hoping idont loose my licence, the cop was nice though, he was not rude or aggressive or anything.
stefmx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #32
Thankfull
Banned

My Local neighbourhood watch was treating me as if I was hoon driver because of False reports about me by a vindictive neighbour.

Here I am 52 years of age, driving sedately away to work in the morning from my small side street, in my BA GT with sports exhaust.

In the rear view mirror I noticed 2 old ladies come out of bush they where hiding in at the end of my street to listen to my car as I drove off....it was comical to think that on this very cold Adelaide morning the local Neighbourhood watch old biddys had been lying in wait for me to drive off to work...all rugged up in their fur hat and mits...

I felt like a teenager again.....

On subsequent mornings when I noticed them spying on me as I left for work, I did hear one of them say...thats not too loud...and he is not driving like a hoon?

I also noticed the Vindictive neighbour.....moved out not long afterwards.

Cheers all
Thankfull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #33
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDPWR
i wonder if cops will impound a car that they hear screcth the tyres cos of the vechile being fit with a locker
I am under the impression that they will as a locked diff is illegal anyway
Old 28-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #34
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

i have a spool and been through two rbt stations in recent months, i had to do u-turns to get out (one on gravel and the other on bitumen) and nothing was said, and to this day nothing has been said about it. although you are losing grip, you're not intentionally losing grip as you can't help it's skipping :P

haven't had any car impounded, but don't plan to...
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #35
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
i have a spool and been through two rbt stations in recent months, i had to do u-turns to get out (one on gravel and the other on bitumen) and nothing was said, and to this day nothing has been said about it. although you are losing grip, you're not intentionally losing grip as you can't help it's skipping :P

haven't had any car impounded, but don't plan to...
Get a mod plate....call it a 'tight' LSD and that will square away any questions

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #36
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My mum took away my car keys when I was 17 for being a little brat at home . Apart from that though I, and those I know tend to pretty much keep on the staight and narrow on the roads.

Too much to loose, and I am not talking about cars, cash or points either.
Old 28-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #37
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankfull
My Local neighbourhood watch was treating me as if I was hoon driver because of False reports about me by a vindictive neighbour.

Here I am 52 years of age, driving sedately away to work in the morning from my small side street, in my BA GT with sports exhaust.

In the rear view mirror I noticed 2 old ladies come out of bush they where hiding in at the end of my street to listen to my car as I drove off....it was comical to think that on this very cold Adelaide morning the local Neighbourhood watch old biddys had been lying in wait for me to drive off to work...all rugged up in their fur hat and mits...

I felt like a teenager again.....

On subsequent mornings when I noticed them spying on me as I left for work, I did hear one of them say...thats not too loud...and he is not driving like a hoon?

I also noticed the Vindictive neighbour.....moved out not long afterwards.

Cheers all
Hey mate, you don't live near clovelly park at all do you?

Anyway, a fella I know had his magna impounded for speeding, second time so pretty soon he's going to lose it I reckon...
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #38
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
my cousin lost his vl turbo for a few months then they defected him. wind wipers were too shiney, 17 or 18 inch wheels too big for vl, one of the seat belts twists abit. crap like that. he has the car back now but doesn't get his licence back untill aprill.
My mate got a defect for not having any water in his wipers.
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #39
mad cow
blue oval addict

stefmx, you didnt happen to be going along scenic drive did you? the cops have always been hot down there as young locals have always used it as a rally track. the cops are normally ok around echuca unless they have been upset beforehand.
mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #40
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_rossy
My mate got a defect for not having any water in his wipers.
Would they have removed the defect if he had filled it up with water on the spot?
Matt47569 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #41
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

A mate droped a burnout in his xe infront of the old earlwood highway patrol station about 5 years ago.... cops were onto him in 1 min. car impounded for 3 months.. Looking back i think how silly that was but im sure alot of use have said that once or twice.
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #42
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefmx
I had my car impounded at the start of the year at Echuca. It was the biggest load of s*** ever. i was going down a dirt road and spun the wheels for not even 1 second, cop was 2 cars behind me, dont even know how he saw it and impounded my car for 48hrs. Going to court in 2 weeks, hoping idont loose my licence, the cop was nice though, he was not rude or aggressive or anything.

wow thats got to be near one of the best thread mines I've seen in ages,
had to dig a couple of years back to make this one happen :

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #43
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDPWR
i wonder if cops will impound a car that they hear screcth the tyres cos of the vechile being fit with a locker
Yes they will, mate got done on a roundabout near my place last year as the locker makes his car chirp about 3 times on this off camber roundabout,he told me he saw the cop on the other side so tried extra carefull not to let car chirp,,got around it and had cop with lights flashing being real agressive and not accepting it was the diff causing tyres to chirp,impounded car for 48 hours
cost nearly $300 to get it back, most of which was tow company fee then cop fee's
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #44
Joshvee
A New Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletGT
A mate droped a burnout in his xe infront of the old earlwood highway patrol station about 5 years ago.... cops were onto him in 1 min. car impounded for 3 months.. Looking back i think how silly that was but im sure alot of use have said that once or twice.
Did they have hoon laws 5 years ago?
Old 29-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #45
Joshvee
A New Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfire
tho i suppose since perth could most likely fit into sydney say 3 times over doesn't help i guess.
It might supprise you to know that Perth is only 35% smaller than Sydney. Although our population is small, physically, Perth is a very large spread out city.

check it out your self. Go to google maps, get Perth on ur screen (including Mandurah) then zoom in or out till the distance scale is at 20km. Then do the same for Sydney at 20km. It might supprise you. (Sorry, way off topic)
Old 29-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #46
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
id be mentioning this in court if you are going. it should be taken by tow truck.
it wouldnt matter if it was the Cheif of Police, thered be no way they'd be driving my car anywhere.
Well he probably just saved him $100 or so on a tow, I don't think I'd let my pride of "No one drives my car" get in the way. Happy for him to drive it back to the cop shop instead of a tow truck driver.