Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #31
territory mate
turbo happy

did buy a hilux thru a broker in 05,but was a long winded event.can you suggest one who could find one that quick?everyone im sure is flat out at present up to june 30 already.am jumping on top of a big pile already i feel.
if anyone has ideas,please say them.my only concern is that if there is a car (by chance)its going to come at a premium ,as they know i will be keen to act,and there are few around at present(if any).did get a reasonable price,and hate to think what they might want elsewhere.
territory mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #32
territory mate
turbo happy

just found a demo one at metro ford.have sent enquiry.will see what comes of that??
Old 28-06-2009, 03:20 AM   #33
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

http://www.privatefleet.com.au/

I think are the biggest and they are all sales people so even the wiff of money and I am sure they'll be more than happy to help lol

Previously:
2009 Ford Focus - "The Bubble Car"
2002 Ford Futura Wagon - "The Big White Wagon"
1996 Ford Falcon - "Ophelia"
1975 Jaguar XJ6 - "The Beast"
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #34
territory mate
turbo happy

firstly,all the posts after josh(27),arent showing on my computer,so if you have written something helpful,sorry its not coming up.
well it has been a fun day,but i can report that i am going to get a silver xl supercab 4x4,offically as of tomorrow.it is in dealership,"IN FACT" it has been there the whole time!!!!
went in to see old mate,and neither of us were happy to see each other.he was ready and waiting,and in a pretend angry mood at me.they are of the opionion(cant spell) that as along as you have a locked in contract,that it is claimable in this tax year.he was like "you never said i wanted it done by june 30??"even the dp told me that there advice was that was the case(tax rule).i explained that i had just come from my accountants office,where he clearly pointed out the rule,that possesion of the vehicle is 100% necessary to claim in that tax year.paying for it all beforehand means nothing in this case.
so he agreed to refund the depoist,and then i said"surely you have something in stock thats not white,supercab or dualcab"as i was ready to accept a dualie as i have been worn down by this experience.he looks on the screen,ponders for about 30 seconds,i kid you not,then says lets go for a walk.out to the holding yard we go,right to the back,last car in the corner,and POW,off comes the covers of a silver,supercab 4x4,but styleside.at this point im swearing my head off at him (on the inside),knowing that we could have worked out a solution,3WEEKS AGO.tells me its costs him 1000 more to buy that one in,but he'll have a look.20 minutes later i get a call"yes well do it for the same deal".
so im sure your all saying what im saying.why not before ??maybe they had it earmarked for another customer,maybe it is a big loss to take the side off.but if it was ok on june 29,why not june 12,or any day earlier.
has left a bad taste in my mouth,and we will never get along as good as we had before today.was going to v8's in 2 weeks,and no doubt would have been around them at some stage,but have decided not to go.is more to it,but will be too uncomfortable a situation to be in,and im someone who wont take lightly to a smartass remake and action if they were made.best to just go next year.
to there credit,at least a solution was found.i wont stop getting my cars serviced there or anything like that,and i hope it is water under the bridge in due time.
also thanks to the lady from metro ford who rang me,and was very helpful.did have a car if this didnt work out.