Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-02-2007, 11:16 PM   #31
Sundeep
Banned

Dude that's some dedication. Some people might say it sounds a bit weird to travel that distance just for a cruise, having never been to Melbourne and to only come for a short time. I'd love to have the balls to just pick up the keys and go to Sydney at the drop of a dime for something random, that'd be a story to tell the grand kids one day!

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #32
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
Dude that's some dedication. Some people might say it sounds a bit weird to travel that distance just for a cruise, having never been to Melbourne and to only come for a short time. I'd love to have the balls to just pick up the keys and go to Sydney at the drop of a dime for something random, that'd be a story to tell the grand kids one day!

Sundeep
yes.. quite a story... and i have heard "weird" comments before... lol... but thats how much i love the fords.. lol.. ive 3500+ posts on fordmods.com.. although im not hugely known on e-series.com because the sydney e-series is so small comapred to melb.. ive heard all about how melb is ford crazy.. and see under most peoples names a melbourne subburb.. gave me a good reason to do the "whirlwind" visit to check it all out... and congrats to all you guys in melb.. very impressive fords you have guys.. and great to meet new people and check out all the great fords on hand..
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #33
LUXO_8
windsor user

jumping in the car and doing an interstate cruise would be awesome i reckon..
when i went over to the adelaide AFD last year with wilson, krys and dave, it was a mad roadtrip......

when my car is back in some kind of shape i'll definatley be doing the interstate cruise roadtrips again..........cant wait!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #34
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
jumping in the car and doing an interstate cruise would be awesome i reckon..
when i went over to the adelaide AFD last year with wilson, krys and dave, it was a mad roadtrip......

when my car is back in some kind of shape i'll definatley be doing the interstate cruise roadtrips again..........cant wait!
i just thought of it as sorta playing the plt outa the movie "road trip".. lol.. was great.. had heaps of cd's... and when i got bored of those i put a dvd in and "Listened" to a dvd... i only had myself for comapany.. i must be a bit : but was fun and i'd do it again in the future.. was going to attend the melbourne AFD .. until it was cancelled... bummer.. so in 2 days ive done 2400 km all up inc the cruise.. wouldnt mind a cruise up to gold coast or brisbane to check the ford scene up there too... :eclipsee_
Old 25-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #35
[EDGHIA]
Banned

was a great cruise guys cant wait till the next one.. will have to bring my car...
[EDGHIA] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 12:14 AM   #36
holmsy
Banned

hulk ef you are an inspiration to me :P
i dont even drive the 40 min drive or what ever it is from geelong to melb for cruises.

im thinking i might take the mrs for a drive somewhere north near the end of the year just beacause i can.
not bother with plans jus save some money and drive and sleep where i end up.
would be awsome to do with few cars of people tho.

I CALL FOR ESERIES EAST COAST CRUISE
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 12:59 AM   #37
-jjM-
Banned

when ever people complain about the cruise being to far from them, im just going to say "HULKEF" from now on, great to have you along mate and hopefully well see you again sometime in the future with the next upcoming cruises

i thought about doing it one time but because my car was on petrol i wasnt goin to bother attempting, thow gas is around the corner for the eb, mabye we can orginise more then just 1 person goin to sydney cause id love to visit other e-series state cruises
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 01:02 AM   #38
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
yeah.. again soon... was only in melbourne for a few short hours... lol... only used a tank of petrol +$15.00 top up for each way.. can get 900km outa my tank... -which made the trip a "no brainer".. so 2200+ kilometres travelled altogether and worth it!.. was a great turnout.. "You'd all cry and laugh if you saw our turnouts....had a great few short hors in melbourne.. and had totally no idea of direction in melbourne as its somewhere ive never been... so was extatick to find the meet up point without too much trouble... so many modded fords on tyhe streets of melbounre and the lack of the commodore scene is an eye opener to me... will be down again... for another meet... mayby not every meet but last nights cruise wont be my last... and i might stay for longer than a few hours next time.. lol..
That's mint mate, good on ya for making the trip down. Good too see interstate people coming down for our cruises!
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 01:06 AM   #39
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

HULK EF: Champion effort mate!

If ever I need motivation to get along to a cruise in the future I'll remember your little tale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 07:05 AM   #40
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jjM-
when ever people complain about the cruise being to far from them, im just going to say "HULKEF" from now on, great to have you along mate and hopefully well see you again sometime in the future with the next upcoming cruises

i thought about doing it one time but because my car was on petrol i wasnt goin to bother attempting, thow gas is around the corner for the eb, mabye we can orginise more then just 1 person goin to sydney cause id love to visit other e-series state cruises
I would be in for this. Great effort HULKEF, you are a champ and you have my respect. That is dedication. I would love to meet you because you are like me in a way. I am from Hoppers Crossing in the western surburbs of Melb and I travell to the Eastern suburbs at least 4-5 times a week just for a cruise. It is around 150kms return trip for me and I never complain about fuel or anything. The people from the western side who complain about travelling 45 mins to Nunawading for 1 cruise ought to be embarrest. LOL.
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #41
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
people askin for pics, NO PICS FOR YOU, ill post when ready
Yeah you get banned instead!! lol

Quote:
yea was great to only see 1 cop are the hole night ( wayne it worked ) and they were great cops to talk to realy friendly, didn't even notice that it was a car club till we told them lol
Yeah I rock!

Quote:
heard alot of people got done by speed camreas too accept for SS, who got done? lol
Yeah people still need to slow down a bit still!

Anyway here are my (blurry, sorry) pix

Poor PhatEL....

Stereo installs gone bad.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #42
LUXO_8
windsor user

damn there are some awesome looking cars getting to meets these days...
will be embarased to bring the lane out without new wheels and the ultralows fitted at least......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #43
Dezza
Parts bin special

Nice photos. That white EL XR8, I'm pretty sure it's in the latest Performance Ford magazine, but it's on EL GTs there. Who's is that?

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #44
bentles
Banned

nice photos. shame about that fuel leak mate, is it sorted yet?
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #45
DaNeoS
Banned

yes fuel tanka ll sorted out
DaNeoS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 01:24 PM   #46
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What is done to this one?

Old 25-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #47
EA Ghia

Looked like some great cars there.

Those are some hardcore bling wheels on that white EF XR8! Are they 19's?

And no good about the fuel tank, hope it all swaps over alright.

I'll have to keep the fuel tank in mind when I actually bother to screw my amp in properly!
EA Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #48
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli

from what i could tell, big *** b&m shifter, soft accelerator pedal, and a fresh paint job! sounded great to, gotta love v8's ;)

and to the right of the car in that pic, there is the pile of excitement left over...
Old 25-02-2007, 08:43 PM   #49
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Is that white EL sicazz's car? It was in PFM's latest edition. Dont like those new wheels he has, the EL GT's looked far better.
Old 25-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #50
badefghia
Banned

IT was a good cruise and was a chance to meet new peopel and check out some good cars
badefghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2007, 01:22 AM   #51
niko
likes falcon's

this has been the crappiest feedback thread ever, either that or everyone is still trekking it home to Sydney and beyond! lol
Old 26-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #52
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
this has been the crappiest feedback thread ever, either that or everyone is still trekking it home to Sydney and beyond! lol
Thanks for your quality input N1ko, maybe if ya turned up in a Falcon not a Commodore, then we caould chat about your car!! :P
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #53
alleyezonme
Banned

well i had fun, thought it was an awesome cruise. looking forward to the next one. some nice cars and friendly faces there
alleyezonme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #54
niko
likes falcon's

it got more attention than the phantom dc! :P
Old 26-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #55
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
IIRC it has a shift kit, B+M ratchet shifter, machined front spindles with BA calipers and EL GT rotors, EF rear brake and handbrake setup, extractors, exhaust and I think he had a rebuilt diff with 4.11's or something. He has some big plans for the motor as well, it's definitely something different to the norm.

Also has a full respray with seams on rear quarters under lights removed, deleted pull thing on fuel flap and towbar cap deleted from rear bar.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:16 PM   #56
fpvwpn
Banned

MR DOSE. you seem to know more about my car (cmywpn) than i do. How???
fpvwpn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #57
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvwpn
MR DOSE. you seem to know more about my car (cmywpn) than i do. How???
LOL coz he was talking to you about it on the cruise before the last one! Remember how we got lost and looked at directions in the Melways? That was Mr. Dose and me (we were in the gunmetal EL Ghia).
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #58
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Hulk_EF: Hot diggedy damn!! On cruises people ask where I'm from, Bendigo, and I get a few reactions about driving the distance for a cruise, but from Sydney to Melbourne!!!! Thats just awesome!
Hope to see you at a cruise one day!
Old 02-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #59
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Spent a bit of time with Hulkf_EF on the night and all u N/A 6 banger boys should take note, that thing had some serious power for an N/A 4,0. Hope the twin throttle body manifold yields u some decent gains! Nobody has an excuse for not coming to cruises/events cos it's too far, the tuesday mini meets are great and people like myself, snyper, john, wayne etc. make the trip cos it's always worth it! Braden u have no excuse anymore not to make the old Bendigo-Melbourne trip cos were in the same state!
Finally gotta a photo of my car from a cruise posted up from Wayne!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 11:50 PM   #60
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
Hulk_EF: Hot diggedy damn!! On cruises people ask where I'm from, Bendigo, and I get a few reactions about driving the distance for a cruise, but from Sydney to Melbourne!!!! Thats just awesome!
Hope to see you at a cruise one day!
lol... its something at least i will never forget.. great for future story telling... although im still crazy enough to do the trip again... -the distance didnt bother me.. although i might actualy stay overnight next time.. lol... was only in melbourne 345pm-1am before leaving... lol...