Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 17-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #31
andrewts
White Car Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady ED
You tried doing standstills in an auto BA?
You gotta do the nutbush on the brake to get it spinning.
Funnily enough I haven't tried, but the BAs are quite heavy, and they had the BTR with the tall first gear, so I don't doubt you had troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
i find it hard to do a burnout in my car.
the i.r.s. tend's to squat and launch
I see, I noticed you have a VX though, they had the "luxury" of an Ecotec. Interesting about the IRS though... But the burnout comment was generally just another way of saying that the Alloytec is gutless and should be in the Vectra, not the Commodore. :P

Anyway, enough of me...
Old 17-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #32
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewts

I see, I noticed you have a VX though, they had the "luxury" of an Ecotec. Interesting about the IRS though... But the burnout comment was generally just another way of saying that the Alloytec is gutless and should be in the Vectra, not the Commodore. :P

Anyway, enough of me...
but i dont have an ecotec/alloytec
Old 17-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #33
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
You tried doing standstills in an auto BA?
You gotta do the nutbush on the brake to get it spinning.
Ever tried it in a 3.8 auto with IRS? I had to jump on and off the brake with bald tyres.
Old 17-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #34
andrewts
White Car Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
but i dont have an ecotec/alloytec
Oh righto, V8 Berlina. I guess the IRS is tweaked for ripping around corners rather than ripping a skid...

It's interesting to know how stringent the laws are though, because it's been raining lately up here, and in the ED, if you accelerate slightly around the corner, it just gets sideways, or if you are on a hill and you start off from the lights, you just sit and spin without moving, due to the 3.08:1 open diff. Would the cops nab you for your wheels losing traction accidentally in the rain?

But the stats are fairly interesting. I wouldn't say that all of the "hooning" was burnouts though, surely there would be street racing, drags, speeding and whatnot.
Old 17-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #35
burnz
VFII SS UTE

yeah thats the problem it's a gray area.
and open to interpritation judjed by the cop and not written in print
Old 17-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #36
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Its called a manual people!!
Old 17-06-2007, 08:54 PM   #37
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

Quote:
What is the defination of a hoon? Is a chirp into second gear 'hooning'?
Is a 1st gear brakie for 2 seconds not considered hooning, but a 5 second one is? Speeding over the limit by 5ks? 10ks?
Or are you only a hoon if you get caught?
It's so hard to tell whether I'm a hoon or a car enthusiast, the government should distribute pamphlets and fridge magnets to help.

also if your on your red ps in NSW after 1 july if you are caught using "HANDS FREE" : you are a hoon : :

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
Old 17-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #38
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

Quote:
I think its just because Commodores generally rip better burnouts.
Sad but true.

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
Old 17-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #39
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I think Falcon owners have more respect for their cars. Other drivers just want to show how goos their car can spin a single wheel.

It's very good to here. Stat's I like to see.
Agreed!

Be interesting to see how has been dobbed in as a hoon from these forums?

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
Old 17-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #40
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Oh righto, V8 Berlina. I guess the IRS is tweaked for ripping around corners rather than ripping a skid...

It's interesting to know how stringent the laws are though, because it's been raining lately up here, and in the ED, if you accelerate slightly around the corner, it just gets sideways, or if you are on a hill and you start off from the lights, you just sit and spin without moving, due to the 3.08:1 open diff. Would the cops nab you for your wheels losing traction accidentally in the rain?

But the stats are fairly interesting. I wouldn't say that all of the "hooning" was burnouts though, surely there would be street racing, drags, speeding and whatnot.
throttle control buddy, throttle control!
Old 17-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #41
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
lol that comment reminds of that thread ages ago where people were claiming they couldn't leave the carwash without spinning their wheels

If you can't 'slightly' accelerate through a corner in the wet or take off from a hill without doing a stand still you must be doing one of the following

A. You have 300rwkw
B. You have crap, bald or china spec tyres
C. Stop being a fool in the wet
D. See above

Last edited by fairmont1998; 17-06-2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Don't evade the swear filter
Old 17-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #42
andrewts
White Car Driver

A. I'd say the damn thing has about 90rwkw...
B. These are 500km old Goodyear Regatta GAs. 205/60R/15.
C. I'm not sure what the deal is, but the first 25% of the accelerator is very sensitive, then the next 50% does nothing, and the last 25% makes it boogie. That's essentially why throttle control goes out the window in the wet. We used to have an old ED Futura with a 2.5" Catback, otherwise stock, and it did not do this, the accelerator had a much smoother action.

It's not like this thing is powerful though, it's a 4 speed, and it's only ever been floored once in all the time we have had it, and when we did, we couldn't see anything in the rear vision mirror... through the smoke. :P

Hrm... must be C.
Old 17-06-2007, 09:44 PM   #43
NZ
~~~

was that old footage of hus's car on the news segment?

"the man that crashs AFF"
Old 17-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #44
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
was that old footage of hus's car on the news segment?
Hahaha are they still using that footage? For the young / new blokes - Hus was an old legend of E-Series. He's up there with Bass Crazy and SPHELL, the pioneers of sick E-Series. Spent a few nights cruising about in the Westies with those boys and thats how I acquired my ******edness.

Anyhows good to see some discussion created from this.

Sundeep

Last edited by fairmont1998; 17-06-2007 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Don't evade the swear filter
Old 17-06-2007, 10:10 PM   #45
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Hus wins for the first (and only?) E-series member to get his car on Today Tonight.
Old 17-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #46
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Impounded Most Seized:

Holden.................988 (725 of those are Commodores)
Ford....................325 (153 of those are Falcons)
Nissan.................186
Honda.................107
Toyota................83
Suzuki.................52
Yamaha...............38
Mazda.................33
Kawasaki.............32
BMW...................28
Subura................22

That picture from today paper dates back to april man the cops love to talk themselves up and I saw that old footage on the TV what a laugh!!!

Old 17-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #47
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

go hus!
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 17-06-2007, 10:38 PM   #48
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Hus wins for the first (and only?) E-series member to get his car on Today Tonight.
if i wasnt scared of losing my license i reckon i could too hahah
Old 17-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #49
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
go hus!
What did he drive?

Old 17-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #50
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
would depend on the officer's use of 'dicressionary powers' at the time. i didnt get done for wheels spin, back off (not feather, actual back off), wheels spin, a little sideways, grip. and i was next to an unmarked car.

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
Old 18-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #51
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
What is the defination of a hoon? Is a chirp into second gear 'hooning'?
Is a 1st gear brakie for 2 seconds not considered hooning, but a 5 second one is? Speeding over the limit by 5ks? 10ks?
Or are you only a hoon if you get caught?
It's so hard to tell whether I'm a hoon or a car enthusiast, the government should distribute pamphlets and fridge magnets to help.
LOL! You make an excellent point.
Old 18-06-2007, 12:21 AM   #52
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
Who here is one of the 150 unlucky enough to get busted driftin'?

Sundeep
The old SIKBRO fairlane, complete with E-series stickers...got dobbed in by an ambo for chirping 2nd on the long weekend, impounded for 5 days.
Also got into the local paper getting towed.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 18-06-2007, 08:20 AM   #53
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
The old SIKBRO fairlane, complete with E-series stickers...got dobbed in by an ambo for chirping 2nd on the long weekend, impounded for 5 days.
Also got into the local paper getting towed.
I don't think NudgE will be happy to hear that.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 18-06-2007, 09:08 AM   #54
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

hmm I didn't think you could get impounded because of someone said you did?? well, at least not the first time ? and 5 days.. i thought it was 2 days!!

somethings not right :
Old 18-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #55
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Where is the Today Tonight studio? I reckon the next E-Series cruise should include that as a meet point to honour Hus. (aftermeet? :P)

o/t Who else here wants to plow Anna Coren?
Old 18-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #56
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Where is the Today Tonight studio? I reckon the next E-Series cruise should include that as a meet point to honour Hus. (aftermeet? :P)

o/t Who else here wants to plow Anna Coren?
stockies?

yeh anna coren is in dire need of some loving.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 18-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #57
EdFairmontGhia
ED_Ghia

Or we could invite Today Tonight along to a meet to show them that Car clubs are not about hooning, and that the majority of P plate drivers are not Hoons, you could then plow Anna at the meet Dave
Old 18-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #58
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFairmontGhia
Or we could invite Today Tonight along to a meet to show them that Car clubs are not about hooning, and that the majority of P plate drivers are not Hoons, you could then plow Anna at the meet Dave
They'd agree to that, say they were gunna spin a story about how car clubs are not about hooning... Then we all turn up, they bring TOG cars and defect us all, and turn it in to a story about how car clubs are a menace. Then they impound our cars and fine us $1000 each.

But yeh, sounds like a good idea ..
Old 18-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #59
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

$1000 and loss of a shagged EB is a small price to pay for plugging Anna Coren. I'm in.
Old 18-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #60
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
$1000 and loss of a shagged EB is a small price to pay for plugging Anna Coren. I'm in.
BWAHAHAHA!
Dont you need to be a drug boss to shag a TT presenter? Or did that end with the last one?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Closed Thread