Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-07-2005, 07:04 PM   #31
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY18s
In Newcastle theres heaps of sh*tty VLs which is why I worry about coming onto a forum like this and worry about people bagging it cause of all the crap ones there is around which gives the guys with the nice ones (Like me) a bad name.
Same there is a lot of sh*t Vls here too or ones with 20inch chrome wheels with number plates like 'phat vl'.

I personally prefer mine over ones with walkinshaw style or Group A bodykits. Nice clean cut vls look the best. btw i've looking at getting 18'' VY SS wheels also :
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 07:31 PM   #32
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Welcome mate, looks like you'll fit right in here!
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #33
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Racer
Same there is a lot of sh*t Vls here too or ones with 20inch chrome wheels with number plates like 'phat vl'.

I personally prefer mine over ones with walkinshaw style or Group A bodykits. Nice clean cut vls look the best. btw i've looking at getting 18'' VY SS wheels also :
VLs look better without bodykits IMO.

I just found out my alternator is screwed so I wont be able to drive it.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #34
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So next time I hear a Commonwhore with what sounds like it has a supercharger I'll know it's just got a stuffed alternater :evil_laug :evil_laug .
Gee sounds like ANY car ownership. :1syellow1 And by the way :voldar02: welcome to AFFAU. :
Old 19-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #35
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Welcome to AFF VY18s

Nice VL. I was strictly a Holden person myself until I saw the light LOL :P

I love my AU but I still like Commodore's. Looking at pictures of your car, it's obvious you have a passion for it and respect it otherwise you wouldn't have it looking so nice. It looks good!
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 01:10 PM   #36
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
I just like to join different car forums even if it doesnt have nothing to with Holdens.

I'll probably just observe alot of topics about Fords as I dont really know a great deal about them.
THats a great attitude mate,, knowledge is power or so they say..

Welome aboard

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #37
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont_Krissy
Welcome to AFF VY18s

Nice VL. I was strictly a Holden person myself until I saw the light LOL :P

I love my AU but I still like Commodore's. Looking at pictures of your car, it's obvious you have a passion for it and respect it otherwise you wouldn't have it looking so nice. It looks good!
It sickens me to see so many crap VLs in the hands of disrespectful Bogans.

There could be way more nice VLs then the Bogan Enhanced pieces of crap.

Im a P Plater and ive had it for about 2 years now the only time ive ever ripped a fulli sik burnout was when I came out of my street(I didnt have the VY SSs on) I dont believe in torturing a nice car.My mates say I drive like a old granny but they think because I have a mad looking VL I have to be a fulli sik c*** and do 30Ks over the speed limit and pull a burnout out of every single corner.

I love my car too much to do sh*t like that it doesnt make me tough by doing it so I dont bother.
Old 19-07-2005, 03:18 PM   #38
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
My mates say I drive like a old granny but they think because I have a mad looking VL I have to be a fulli sik c*** and do 30Ks over the speed limit and pull a burnout out of every single corner.

I love my car too much to do sh*t like that it doesnt make me tough by doing it so I dont bother.
Well said!!
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 03:18 PM   #39
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Welcome aboard, nice looking car you have there! I still have a soft spot for the VL, used to have a berlina and it was one of the nicest cars I owned. Traded it for a VN and that was the worst mistake in my life (piece of crap). The VL had a nice smooth engine and low body weight so it fairly moved when you wanted it to.
Anyway, good to see you have gone the clean look. The Vl's look best lowered, big wheels (18's just right), tint and decent go gear under the bonnet.
Good to hear you don't drive like some of your commodore counterparts (falcon drivers too). What is it with the box commodore drivers (i mean the try hard ones), they want to drag every hot ford they see? I think it is an inferiority complex, think they have something to prove. I just let em go, don't need to prove my car to them. They probably go home to tell their mates they dragged off a XR8 in their NA 6 (wouldn't if I went past 1/4 throttle). To be fair, I have had some falcons do the same, just not as many.
Well, enjoy it here, it is a good place. Many of us have driven holdens before (a lot during the ford v8 drought) and some still do. I get the feeling you won't antagonise us with the ford v holden rubbish so things will be cool. You never know, we might show you the error of your ways, I saw the light!
Old 19-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #40
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
Welcome aboard, nice looking car you have there! I still have a soft spot for the VL, used to have a berlina and it was one of the nicest cars I owned. Traded it for a VN and that was the worst mistake in my life (piece of crap). The VL had a nice smooth engine and low body weight so it fairly moved when you wanted it to.
Anyway, good to see you have gone the clean look. The Vl's look best lowered, big wheels (18's just right), tint and decent go gear under the bonnet.
Good to hear you don't drive like some of your commodore counterparts (falcon drivers too). What is it with the box commodore drivers (i mean the try hard ones), they want to drag every hot ford they see? I think it is an inferiority complex, think they have something to prove. I just let em go, don't need to prove my car to them. They probably go home to tell their mates they dragged off a XR8 in their NA 6 (wouldn't if I went past 1/4 throttle). To be fair, I have had some falcons do the same, just not as many.
Well, enjoy it here, it is a good place. Many of us have driven holdens before (a lot during the ford v8 drought) and some still do. I get the feeling you won't antagonise us with the ford v holden rubbish so things will be cool. You never know, we might show you the error of your ways, I saw the light!
Yeah thats sh*ts me aswell if im at the lights and some old Commodore and some Falcons pull up beside me I usually get the "Wanna drag your mad VL against me" I just let them go as I dont need to prove how fast it is to them or to anyone for that matter.

Cause at the end of the day my wheels alone are probably worth more then their POS.I would rather have a nice looking car and go somewhat fast but not enough to get me in trouble then to get speeding tickets everyweek.

BTW I dont think im gonna convert from the darkside Holdens are in my blood but I have tremendous amounts of respect for Fords but I will admit sometimes I do say "Fords are sh*t" but I dont really mean it after all I would rather own a Ford before owning a Ricebox.
Old 19-07-2005, 05:12 PM   #41
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
If you guys are wondering.

I have taken the rice cannon off and put a nice chrome Dump pipe on it.
Hee hee ... good choice.
Must admit ... you have a very clean example of a VL there.
Not over the top either.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 06:40 PM   #42
efbeggza
03 BA Fairmont Ghia

welcome aboard fella. Your not a hijacking holden h-plater, so you'll get respect! Enjoy your stay!

New - 03 BA Fairmont Ghia i6 - Blue Pearl
efbeggza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 09:42 PM   #43
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome,VY18s..you know you can check out anytime you want,,but you can ..never leave,maybe you will buy a FORD to experience real driving pleasure....nurse...Nurse...NURSE.. where's my valium.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 11:00 PM   #44
Yummy Mummy

Welcome VY18s. You are brave, I'll give pay you that!

I give them 1 month and they will have you out of the VL and into a Ford. Don't stress, they're all good. I drive a Holden, and they don't bag me.....Yet.
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2005, 09:29 AM   #45
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Mummy
Welcome VY18s. You are brave, I'll give pay you that!

I give them 1 month and they will have you out of the VL and into a Ford. Don't stress, they're all good. I drive a Holden, and they don't bag me.....Yet.
Hahaha I dont think I would sell my VL for a Falcon.

But hey a XR8 could be my next car.
Old 20-07-2005, 11:11 AM   #46
xrgran

Well we have a house full of Fords AND still own a HJ Monaro, so we have the best of both worlds. The 'ol munro is going nowhere...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #47
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by efbeggza
welcome aboard fella. Your not a hijacking holden h-plater, so you'll get respect! Enjoy your stay!
Nah I hate being categorized with the "H Plate Holden drivers".

It just sucks theres so many ****ers in Commodores.