Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #31
Kenster

A few years back ago a work mate brought in a IS250 i can tell you as much Toyota own Lexus there are miles apart from each other in drive and confort.

What i remember IS250 steer and gear change are twice as any falcon and holden, accessortion quick response, if i had the money i would went out to get one. Also think Lexus completition are BMW, Mecendes
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #32
g1010
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenster
A few years back ago a work mate brought in a IS250 i can tell you as much Toyota own Lexus there are miles apart from each other in drive and confort.

What i remember IS250 steer and gear change are twice as any falcon and holden, accessortion quick response, if i had the money i would went out to get one. Also think Lexus completition are BMW, Mecendes
The IS250 has only been in australia for 12 months, as we have one, you might mean the IS200 or IS300 a few years ago.
Yes it is a beautiful piece of engineering that trails down to the average car eventuallly.
No other car is the same a lot of use of aluminium in suspension and body panels.
g1010 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #33
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks nice and ditto that for the new Lexus models in general. Although the numbering on the speedo is stupid.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2007, 11:19 AM   #34
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Sounds like a great package but the styling misses the boat for me. It doesn't look quite cohesive, and it seems they were afraid to push the limits further to achieve that cohesiveness.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #35
Kenster

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1010
The IS250 has only been in australia for 12 months, as we have one, you might mean the IS200 or IS300 a few years ago.
Yes it is a beautiful piece of engineering that trails down to the average car eventuallly.
No other car is the same a lot of use of aluminium in suspension and body panels.
: yeah i just forgotten the model all i remember its was IS i think it was the IS200
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

They must have had a bit of trouble fitting the engine in. Just look at that hiddeous kick up at the front of the bonnet. Looks terrible. Same with those hideous side scoops/brake ducts. Too bad they shagged the front half up as the back half is sweet, especially those stacked exhaust tips.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #37
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

sorry to thread mine, the first gen IS's were also known as altezza else where such as japan but didnt have the spec that we do in aust and were also hipo 4cyl which we didnt see over here, is200 115kw 2.0L 6pot and a IS300 (i own) 157kw 3.0L I6.

the is250 is not based or any part interchangeable with camry/aurion never was never will, lexus now is a seperate identity and not one of thier models now is based even loosely on a toyota car. comprehensive testing has assured low 4sec sprint to 100k and a high 12 over the qtr, not suprising when the is350 will do a mid 13 N/A V6 with a manual attached!!!

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #38
jdg
Aussie cars rule!

Quote:
all the new Lexus IS, is base on a camry/aurion with a V8, rear wheel drive (learn from Lexus, Toyota) bodykit and luxury extras fitted.
Yeh mate, just like the Audi RS4, which is really a tarted up A4, which is a fancy VW Passat...

Old gen IS200/300 was badged as a Lexus in some places (e.g. here) and as a Toyota Altezza in other places (e.g. Japan). The new IS250/350 range is one of the first Lexus' not to be sold as a Toyota elsewhere.

Sure they are similar in some ways e.g. Toyota and Lexus have the same warning label on their 6 disc CD changers etc...But I think Lexus is really trying to set themselves apart from Toyota now.

Beautiful car...Is it coming Australia though?...havnt seen an IS350 yet :(

jdg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 01:35 AM   #39
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
sorry to thread mine, the first gen IS's were also known as altezza else where such as japan but didnt have the spec that we do in aust and were also hipo 4cyl which we didnt see over here, is200 115kw 2.0L 6pot and a IS300 (i own) 157kw 3.0L I6.

the is250 is not based or any part interchangeable with camry/aurion never was never will, lexus now is a seperate identity and not one of thier models now is based even loosely on a toyota car. comprehensive testing has assured low 4sec sprint to 100k and a high 12 over the qtr, not suprising when the is350 will do a mid 13 N/A V6 with a manual attached!!!
LX models are still based on the Landcruiser, and will do so in the next model too
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 09:50 AM   #40
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Looks horn!
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 10:11 AM   #41
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I don't mind it. Looks a little VE Commy to me. Don't like the duals at the rear though, would have looked better if they didn't try and get creative with them.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 11:33 AM   #42
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg

Beautiful car...Is it coming Australia though?...havnt seen an IS350 yet :(
Due out mid to late next year is what Lexus has said. The IS350 is great! I drove one for a day a couple of weeks ago. Loved it!! Would love to get one but itīs a bit out of my price range.
I drove it back to back with the new Hybrid GS. I prefered the IS over the GS after driving both.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #43
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb02
Due out mid to late next year is what Lexus has said. The IS350 is great! I drove one for a day a couple of weeks ago. Loved it!! Would love to get one but itīs a bit out of my price range.
I drove it back to back with the new Hybrid GS. I prefered the IS over the GS after driving both.
Where did you drive the 350? They don't sell them here in Australia.

Yeah I like the IS-F but the exhaust looks a tad overdone and to be honest I would go the M3 easily.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post