Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #31
steamin63
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
While I'm not inclined to close the thread just yet, let's remember site T&C and that this road has been travelled down many, many times before. The references to Nazi Germany and suggestions of similar things will stop here.
i think the reference to nazi germany was to highlight the fact that just because it is law that doesn't mean it is right. politicians create laws, the police enforce them and the judiciary determine guilt and punishment. both the police and the judiciary have discretionary powers partly to protect us from the politicians.
i come from a police family [ dad, uncle, god father] and in his later years my old man was disgusted by the attitudes of a lot of younger police. but then i suppose they just reflect the society that we now live in. cheers.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #32
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Now ive read it all, i want my 60 seconds back :togo:
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 12-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #33
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamin63
i think the reference to nazi germany was to highlight the fact that just because it is law that doesn't mean it is right. politicians create laws, the police enforce them and the judiciary determine guilt and punishment. both the police and the judiciary have discretionary powers partly to protect us from the politicians.
i come from a police family [ dad, uncle, god father] and in his later years my old man was disgusted by the attitudes of a lot of younger police. but then i suppose they just reflect the society that we now live in. cheers.
that is very true, i find that a lot of the younger cops are a bit arrogant, which would have to do with how society these days sees them as a threat not a helping hand, a lot of the old school coppers come from a time when police were seen as part of the community and not a force you must despise.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51RTE
Now ive read it all, i want my 60 seconds back :togo:
So you can do 4 quarter mile runs??
Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #35
XR8putts

That is signature worthy that is..
Old 12-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #36
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
You still think this is a good idea?

Actually it has been tried several times recently, ever heard of the Taliban?
lol, awww but they're Muslim it'll be different for Christian....they've never done anything as radical as that....
Old 12-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #37
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Yep that is as about as well thought out as many the other stupid ideas that get made into law by do gooders.

Commandment 2; thou shalt not make idols to worship, well that is all the ford and holden boys locked up.

Commandment 3; thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain, FFS we now need 20,000,000 beds in this jail.

Commandment 4; remember the sabbath and keep it holy, well there goes the footy and car shows, well they would have only been attended by wowser car haters because everyone else is in jail already.

Commandment 7; thou shalt not commit adultery, under the original definition that means no sex with anyone unless you are married to them. No picking up chicks at the pub etc.

Commandment 10; thou shalt not covet, well just drooling over a phase 3 sends you to the big house.....

You still think this is a good idea?

Actually it has been tried several times recently, ever heard of the Taliban?
Actually, I only have issues with one of the points you raised, I'll let you guess which one that is.

Remember Flappy, I did say "essentially" ...... I guess you would be the one to still take that literally, and then turn it into a cheesy metaphorical ramble.

That's like dribble, twice-removed.

Daniel
Old 12-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #38
mikestp
EF Ghia

I don't see how you think he should be let off because he is old.
If it was me I wouldn't have got mercy and id probly get a yellow sticker thrown in for free.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #39
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Actually, I only have issues with one of the points you raised, I'll let you guess which one that is.

Remember Flappy, I did say "essentially" ...... I guess you would be the one to still take that literally, and then turn it into a cheesy metaphorical ramble.

That's like dribble, twice-removed.

Daniel
That is the problem with law, it is not what is supposed to be meant, it is what is actually written.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #40
jason71
google is my friend

Don't forget, it is the Easter long weekend and the police might have been instructed to be more forceful.

As we have all been brainwashed "speeding kills".
Old 12-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #41
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That is too funny
Old 12-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #42
bob^
LPS

No one asks how fast he was going?
Old 13-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #43
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob^
No one asks how fast he was going?
bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
There's 1 bit of critical information missing from the first post.....

Old 13-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #44
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Can always depend on you flappy :
3 mate its only a wheeza remember
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 13-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #45
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But on the other hand as a cop you would just hear the same old excuses, day in, day out. Just say someone didn't notice a give way sign the same way as they didn't notice the speedo...

Momentary inattention kills and injures others on the roads. Fact. No matter how innocent it is. True I speak from a tainted view, doesn't make it any less true though.

I have never argued about the few trivial offences I had early in my driving career, but lived and learned. My only recent transgression was parking in a white marked spot in Italy instead of a blue one. Not earth shattering, although paying fines in Euro's when the exhange rate was hammered will ensure future retention of the Italian Highway Code! If I lived there I would be ropeable if ignorant Aussie tourists kept parking in my resident spot too.

Rules are there for a reason. Ignorance is no defence to the law. Break them and you should EXPECT to get fined. If by the grace of whichever deity takes your fancy you get a warning, then all well and good, but warnings should never be 'expected'.

Just my two cents.
Old 14-04-2009, 03:03 AM   #46
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

soo.... how fast WAS he going?
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 14-04-2009, 07:14 AM   #47
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stattic
soo.... how fast WAS he going?
Fast enough to be pulled over for speeding :
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Old 16-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #48
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
What the heck does Hitler have to do with this thread?? Talk about taking a walk on the wild side...geez....no wonder my user name is Geez Louse...Talk about shaking your head!

How can you compare 6 million people losing their lives to a traffic fine??? : Think about this...:thebirds:
6 million? A *lot* more than 6 million, hell - the Russies lost 28 million.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 16-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #49
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
~

Rules are set and have to be followed. That is all I am saying. As a mother...I try and teach and PREACH what is right.

~
and this is why we are going to end up with a nanny state.
Old 16-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #50
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
6 million? A *lot* more than 6 million, hell - the Russies lost 28 million.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties
Plus Hitler was on the small scales of how many people he killed out of the "bad" dictators of the past, its just that no one liked him hence he was the one who got picked on by everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Old 16-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #51
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Any more references to Nazi Germany, Hitler or any other crazy dictator type will see this thread closed.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 16-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #52
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Cops have KPIs and quotas to meet on giving fines to motorists.

The system sucks and so do some cops, like any large organisation really
Old 16-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #53
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cmon just close it already RG - its going nowhere.. just more dumb arguments vs other dumb arguments.
Old 16-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #54
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Cops have KPIs and quotas to meet on giving fines to motorists.

The system sucks and so do some cops, like any large organisation really
Oh really...????? :

Old 16-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #55
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

This thread is getting a bit much...!!
Old 16-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #56
bingoTE50
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
cmon just close it already RG - its going nowhere.. just more dumb arguments vs other dumb arguments.
Sieg Heil . ......I 'll do the funny walk , you'll love it....
Old 16-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #57
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

and we're done.
Closed Thread