Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #31
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

jeez thats a bumber. hope it all works out for you. at least the people who inspected your car were good. its good to see some people are nice and have respect.

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Sick EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #32
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

God thats harsh. Man i had to do the same with my Xb coupe. The police were real nice with me. They took me inside and showed me the exact history to the car... and what a suprise mine was also stolen 28 years ago.

The police were great, they laughed and said i couldnt have stolen it as im only 21, they gave me a new ID and i was off.

Dont worrry mate, u will have ur coupe back soon
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #33
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it's any consolation, I know someone who went through something similar, had a gas conversion done and it went over the pits and turned out the car had been rebirthed 10 years prior.
Police seized the car but the original owner had gone back to NZ and couldn't be located and the insurance company had paid him out but their records only go back 7 years so couldn't ascertain which insurance company it was.
Good news was he got his car back because they couldn't find who the legal owner was (insurance company), so fingers crossed mate, you might have to sign a stat Dec or something.
Old 20-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #34
melon466
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just did a revs check on my old FC LTD that's rotting in a paddock and it reckons it's under police investigation. The 351 that i took out of it is going into my coupe project, so no doubt I'll go through exactly the same problems, and here's a bit of trivia for ya, the car was last registered in my name, stolen in 2001 and recovered 5 hours later, obviously never updated on the police system. Don't stress too much man, your's is probably the same circumstances.
melon466 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #35
GK351

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA-289
Sorry to hear that man, hope it comes back soon and just as you left it.

How do you do a proper title transfer? I've just bought an unregistered car from interstate. How do I check the engine\chassi numbers do see if its stolen?

(should have done this first, I know.) :
I purchased an unreg car from QLD to bring to NSW all you need is a letter from the owner before you.

As long as that letter has the VIN # previous rego if any, name of the owner
you purchased the car from the date you will be sweet.

REVS should verify if the car is stolen or not.
GK351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #36
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Phil, have a few hard drinks tonight and worry about it later.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #37
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep your chin up Phil, it should turn out in your favour.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #38
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Makes you wonder though, I could not even recall where i got the motor for the Charger, guess I will call up Vic Roads first without the car to see if it has any issues with the engine number...........

Good luck with your situation.............

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 11:33 PM   #39
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
that sucks phill..........though i had much worse fears when i saw the thread title....
+1,at least the car itself is ok I guess,I thought it must have been knocked off when I first read the title.
Old 20-08-2007, 11:58 PM   #40
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

went through similar about 22years ago. i bought an xy off a mate of a mate, factory 2v 250 & top loader. was sitting at vic roads old ferntree gully office when 2 cops walked in (police station was next door) and informed me the car was stolen. after a fair bit of time at the police station and me showing proof of where i bought it they notified the insurance company, they let me take it home but i had to come to an arrangement to buy it. an accessor came to my house and after i told him i had fitted the head, gearbox, trim and some panels i paid the insurance co $300 for it. i hope you get around it as easily as i did.
Old 21-08-2007, 06:48 AM   #41
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

That sure sucks Phil, hope it all works out for the best.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #42
FPV 5TH

Did you ask them if you could sleep in the car? I would consider that. I thought the police and insurance companies had better things to do than chase up 25 yr old stolen blocks. All will be good in the end though.
FPV 5TH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 11:17 PM   #43
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
+1,at least the car itself is ok I guess,I thought it must have been knocked off when I first read the title.
Same here! Then visions of them confiscating the entire thing and trucking it interstate.... goddammit!!! But what relief as I think things thru a bit and see that even if they are absolute asholes, the worst they could do is request the $150 for the block if they actually legally own it.

No point stressing dude.
Old 23-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #44
XPcoupe
The Grand Prix

I got a friend going through this at the moment. It has been going on for 3 years now. still impounded as the original owner and the wrecker the engine come from have different stories. Seems like the police have put it in the to hard basket. Hope yours get worked out quickly. being 25 years you should be fine. I hope.

Bright Green XP Coupe
9" 3.55 LSD, C10 and mild 302 Windsor

Cruizing the roads 70's style
XPcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #45
MrFlibbles
ill have a beer milkshake

good luck phil, i also thought the worst with the thread title, glad the entire car isnt stolen! hopefully it will be sorted in your favour as quick as possible.
1969 Isuzu Florian
1976 Chev luv (really its just a rebadged Isuzu!)
1980 Isuzu KB 4x4
MrFlibbles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #46
krt10
eskyman

sorry to hear phil. if worst comes to worst we will get all the south aussie members to march down there and take it back ;)
Old 23-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #47
XRchic
Hello

Thats terrible Phil, very sorry to hear whats happened! I hope its all sorted out soon and you get the beast back! What a nightmare and stress!

Keep us updated mate!

Jac and Eamon

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 11:39 PM   #48
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

That sucks man!
Hope it all works out and we can see this beast on the road! DAMN YOU TRANSPORT SA!

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #49
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Hey, any news? You got your coop back yet?
xalent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #50
Sprint347
Tickford

sorry to hear about your issue mate... this is why i rang the police with my engine # before i started the stroker build
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Sprint347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 09:34 PM   #51
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalent
Hey, any news? You got your coop back yet?
Hey mate, nope, still have an empty carport..
the first four days they had it, I (and the file) was passed between four detectives... spoke to one of them on that friday arvo, he said he'd just got the file, hadn't had a chance to look at it, but is passing it to one of the guys that work under him. And that guy will call me sometime...
didn't hear anything until last wednesday when the guy called me.
He told me as soon as he got the file that friday arvo he put in the request to forensics for them to check out the block.. (just a procedure they have to follow unfortunately) and it can take one - two weeks for them to get that done...
He also told me that the original owner/financial interest thing won't be an issue being so long ago. He's already been in contact with the NSW people and all should be good. So we're just waiting on the forensics guys..

Rang him today and he said he still hadn't heard anything :
He said if he hasn't heard anything by mid arvo tomorrow he'll get on their case... didn't really make me feel any better tho.

One of the original ID inspectors said if it hadn't gone anywhere in the 10 days to give him a call and he'll start chasing people.. No idea how much say he has in these things, if any, but I might give him a call tomorrow.
I just don't want to upset anyone else involved in the process by getting other people in, as things might get slowed down a bit.. (speaking from experience, thats how govt. departments seem to work :( )

guess I'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings..
Old 04-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #52
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Good luck mate..
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 09:50 PM   #53
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Gee, you wouldn't see that coming after 25 years.

Sure it'll all work out fine though. You're on the new Australian edition of pimp my ride. They'll pull that silly motor out for you, replace it with a stock 302, fix that gaping hole in the bonnet, install a water feature or 2 and some neons and you'll have it back soon.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 11:01 PM   #54
krt10
eskyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
Gee, you wouldn't see that coming after 25 years.

Sure it'll all work out fine though. You're on the new Australian edition of pimp my ride. They'll pull that silly motor out for you, replace it with a stock 302, fix that gaping hole in the bonnet, install a water feature or 2 and some neons and you'll have it back soon.
and you will get to meet and get officially pimped by dicko.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:04 PM   #55
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by krt10
and you will get to meet and get officially pimped by dicko.
Better than getting dicked by pimpo!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:36 AM   #56
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Still no luck Phil, hope it all works out for the best soon mate.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #57
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Hmm nothing like a little bit of red tape there mate. I would never have thought that to get the block sussed out by forensics would that that long. Good luck again.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #58
xalent
Red Eye Racing

I can't understand why they need to forensically check the block. After all, it is stamped with a number from a stolen vehicle, its not like its been restamped as the case usually is. Its obvious that you were not trying to hide anything. You'd think they would let you have the car back as long as they know where you live. But maybe that makes too much sense for them....
xalent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #59
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

exactly the same thing happened to me in QLD. only the issue was with the vin#. They took my car for 3weeks inspected it then gave it back with a surraget vin#

# days later a detective phoned to say they were not finished testing and i had to bring the car back. WTF!!! after a few explicits (you relieced that car and gave me a surraget vin# how incompitent etc). I told them they were welcome to come and take the car back bcos it has been stripped down into a couple of hundred peices so they would need more than a tow truck to take it back.

He hum'd and har'd then said he wouldget back to me if they needed it again. so don't do anything else to it. 6mths it took for them to clear it only after 3 lettters and countless phone call to the officer who released the vehicle in the first place.

sorry to hear about your misfortune but i'm sure it'll alll work out. Fingers crossed.
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
EFIwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 02:17 PM   #60
Ringo
I see you....

I crapped myself when I saw the thread title - i thought it may have been pinched or hit by a Camry or something.

I'm relieved

Yep chase it up - squeaky wheels get oil
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post