Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #31
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

would it be possible for a "uni students mod list" sort of thing to be made as i am at tafe and quite poor wanting to mod my car but the age old problem of no ca$h....

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #32
holmsy
Banned

who isnt in that possition these days. i love cheap mods :P
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 09:05 AM   #33
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

lol yeah good point... make it a "on the cheap" sticky or something then? no mod over a certain ammount...

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2007, 12:37 AM   #34
SiKoRa_eL_97

good idea since i go 2 tafe and have hardly ne cash :o

better confiscate his computer.
SiKoRa_eL_97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #35
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Does anyone with an E-series have much cash?

It's the reason why I don't own a BA or BF =P
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #36
LukeyST
ST fan

Thanks for all the replys,

I filled up on sunday with Ultimate and have driven her a few times since then. To test the economy i reset my average fuel usage. It was origonally on 13.8L/100km, now its sayin 13.2! So definately a difference there (cold weather of late is prob helpin too).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaikai
Cheapest mod you can do... good wash and detail, dunno how many ppl tell me they want this and that, but cant even keep the engine bay clean, let alone the glass and interior...
Almost every weekend i wash it, and vacuum out the interior. Ive given it a polish recently which made a big difference. I'd say it was its first ever polish : .

Ive given the engine bay a clean before aswell, came up sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adumb
Looks like from your avatar you have a Fairmont, so you could always get new, or paint the side moulds and grill Ghia style, I rekon it looks tons better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Your car is a EL Fairmont?

If I were you I would Ghia-ise the car a bit. Things like colour code the grille insert, chrome interior door handles, second hand leather steering wheel etc.
Thats correct its a Fairmont but not a Ghia. Thinkin of doin the side strips body colour as well as gettin the clear side indicators as EF302 said. Those 2 mods would clean up the look of the sides of the car nicely i reckon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmsy
who isnt in that possition these days. i love cheap mods
We all love cheap mods! :hihi:

Cheers,
Luke
Old 28-03-2007, 09:44 PM   #37
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKoRa_eL_97
good idea since i go 2 tafe and have hardly ne cash :o
It's kinda relieving to I'm not the only one with no money! But my reason for not having much money is because I spend it all on the car!

Cheap mods are good but if I hadn't done any cheap mods to my car I could've had it sitting on superlows all round with good shockers and a decent set of mags. But I dont care because I have heaps of fun with what I've done. I really need to start saving tho!! _
Old 28-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #38
LukeyST
ST fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
It's kinda relieving to I'm not the only one with no money! But my reason for not having much money is because I spend it all on the car!

Cheap mods are good but if I hadn't done any cheap mods to my car I could've had it sitting on superlows all round with good shockers and a decent set of mags. But I dont care because I have heaps of fun with what I've done. I really need to start saving tho!! _
At least the reason u have no money is ur car! lol, i have no money as all my wage goes to train tickets, food and fuel (car related but not a 'mod').

Allowing for those three things i have about $5 left over each week, it hard to save!!
Old 28-03-2007, 10:55 PM   #39
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyEL
\

Allowing for those three things i have about $5 left over each week, it hard to save!!
Thennn juuust, work more haha, na dw mate im in the same boat as you, poor uni student, i had the luck of my dad buying me another car and giving me a few thou to get wheels lowred n all that jazz, but dw if you love your car, you'll eventually get everything up to nik in good time,
by the way, where to get good seat covers? like white ones? (v. cheap mod)
- Ash
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #40
holmsy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6

sounds like me only i dont have good springs or shocks or rims :(

however i spend all my money on the car. and i am saving.....for an expensive mod :P saving sucks. if i didnt have to save i would have more than $11 to last me till next wednesday :P
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post