Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #31
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSRace
Interesting, this is exactly what I have to get in my EA for RWC in the next fortnight. The guy who's gonna help me suggested stick with rubber as the nolathane ones are a bit stiff for road use and could wear the convertor in my auto? WTF? I'll prolly go rubber anyway..
I think with the manual gear changes it is harder on the rubber components. the auto/manual itself is fine, just the different stress they give.

Rubber ones from ford were just as expensive. for the upper control ones were $49 EACH!!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #32
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

UM people..... tightening suspension bushes up in a neural posistion is only needed with rubber bushes as there is no movement in the bush , as in the center pin is fixed to the rubber outer..
Nolatane bushes are 2 piece, u can do them up and swing the arm freely. THere for tightening the bush up in any posistion is fine with a nolathaine bush that has a seperate pin.. Thats why they give u greese with the kits to lube the pin up so there not noisy..
Ive said it before nolathaine bushes are ИИИИ .. and youre photos show it..

Last edited by INJECTED_250; 02-02-2006 at 11:18 PM.
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:13 PM   #33
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've heard around the traps it's better to use rubber for control arm bushes and Nolathane for all your other bits and pieces like swaybars etc. There is no way that spacer should be in there btw. The bush should take up the whole width.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:23 PM   #34
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
I wouldn't go back to that mechanic then. Nolathane is a company's name, and polyurethane is the material Nolathane make their bushes from.....
It was a few years back, so I dont remember if he mentioned polyurethane in particular or not, but he did specify Nolathane bushes are too hard. Ive got Superpro ones which arnt as hard apparently?
Anyway I think he knows his stuff as he does suspension for Porsche track cars and Lotuses.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #35
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJECTED_250
UM people..... tightening suspension bushes up in a neural posistion is only needed with rubber bushes as there is no movement in the bush , as in the center pin is fixed to the rubber outer..
Nolatane bushes are 2 piece, u can do them up and swing the arm freely. THere for tightening the bush up in any posistion is fine with a nolathaine bush that has a seperate pin.. Thats why they give u greese with the kits to lube the pin up so there not noisy..
Ive said it before nolathaine bushes are ИИИИ .. and youre photos show it..
Doh, I should of remembered that when I saw the pin!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:45 PM   #36
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

THe side washer is defently needed, The washes go over the pin by a bit. THese give the nolatain bush support, without the washes the bush can spread apart aand split,

THe fact these washers are missing is defently what caused them bushes to split.. Did the ones with washers missing all split?
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 09:39 AM   #37
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJECTED_250
THe side washer is defently needed, The washes go over the pin by a bit. THese give the nolatain bush support, without the washes the bush can spread apart aand split,

THe fact these washers are missing is defently what caused them bushes to split.. Did the ones with washers missing all split?

No they look fine!!!!! this is retarted.... im driving alot this weekend and i dont know what to do!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #38
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Hmm, I sure hope so, i might not have my car at the next morgan park event, Im moving to sydney on the 20th and will be there for about 6 months or so. Ill be comming up for events like that but ill be a spectator and might get to steal the "MYSTERY" GT again for a few quick laps.

But sydney will help my mods (jabba at the moment i have BA envy)
IT IS "MS TORI" NOT MYSTERY - GEEZ YOU ANNOY ME! ;) :P

Besides my darling Drew you had better behave yourself because I was even going to let you have a go at the ute at MP... but only if you are a very very good boy :
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 02:28 PM   #39
XRated
Shoot.

You sound like quite the lady's man LOL!!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #40
Chrispy

Please have a look under a EB GT or a sprint.
You will find they all have "plastic" bushes.
I don't know anybody who owns either of these types of vehicles that has had any problems with their bushes.
Correctly installed they should increase performance significantly and not give any issues.

Chrispy
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #41
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
IT IS "MS TORI" NOT MYSTERY - GEEZ YOU ANNOY ME! ;) :P

Besides my darling Drew you had better behave yourself because I was even going to let you have a go at the ute at MP... but only if you are a very very good boy :
By the sound of your post and the :,,, I take it, your into dominatrix.... Bwahahahahahah

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 07:06 PM   #42
Penelope Pitstop

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
By the sound of your post and the :,,, I take it, your into dominatrix.... Bwahahahahahah
Hmmm, Yes, Well I certainly enjoyed whipping your butt on the track : _2: :newangel:
Old 03-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #43
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hmmm, Yes, Well I certainly enjoyed whipping your butt on the track : _2: :newangel:
Morgan park is just around the corner, Would you like a wager.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 03-02-2006, 07:20 PM   #44
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
This is going to get nasty!!!

I have decided to get the old controll arms back with a different brand of bush. one that is not as harsh as the nolathane but better than standard.

the mechanic told me to "drive it like you own it"
and to be aware of its issue, so yeah should be all fixed on monday!

hmm morgan park! bring it on!
Old 03-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #45
locknut

It's getting hot in here..

...back on topic! So about these bushes,
locknut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #46
Penelope Pitstop

Quote:
Morgan Park will only prove you have spent more money on suspension than I. The drag strip proves I have more out right power and my car launches off the line better than yours.... or is that just my driving ability??? : :
Old 04-02-2006, 11:20 PM   #47
Damo
Banned

interesting thread. I installed change over box section trailing arms with urethane bushes in my EA about 6 months ago and they still look as good as the day I installed them. Made a huge improvement to the rear end, though my old ones were worse than yours vegabass, you could physicaly twist the trailing arms with your hand.

errrrrm : :

:hihi:
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #48
cogo81

Quote:
Out of curiosity, How would that cause the bushes to self destruct in such a short time?????.....
If all the bolts were done up when the diff was hanging down then when the diff goes back to the normal ride height it will twist the bush and kind of put pre tension on the bush.
cogo81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #49
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Morgan Park will only prove you have spent more money on suspension than I.
you only beat me by 1 tenth, and I still only have a generic tune,,,,Maybe you would you then like a rematch and a wager when my ute is custom tuned.......

Quote:
The drag strip proves I have more out right power and my car launches off the line better than yours.... or is that just my driving ability??? : :
definitely your car, women don't have driving ability. imagine how much fast your car would be if Lynton drove it

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 05-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #50
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
you only beat me by 1 tenth, and I still only have a generic tune,,,,Maybe you would you then like a rematch and a wager when my ute is custom tuned.......
Tori's only has a generic tune too, what is your point?

Quote:
definitely your car, women don't have driving ability. imagine how much fast your car would be if Lynton drove it
Man you are going to die after that one! I do not want to be around when she catches up with you. I am just trying to work out if that comment is bravado or stupidity. It has been nice knowing you!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:20 PM   #51
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogo81
If all the bolts were done up when the diff was hanging down then when the diff goes back to the normal ride height it will twist the bush and kind of put pre tension on the bush.
But the bush lives on its own sleeve, the angle they are fitted shouldn't make any difference as the bush will rotate on the sleeve?

There is something seriously wrong Vegabass, I have those bushes on my car and I have clocked over 300 000k on them without any failures like that :(

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:17 PM   #52
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:the_finge
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #53
TUFED6
Banned

I've clocked alot of KM's and over 3 years on the Nolathane bushes in my car. No dramas and they feel as good as the day I put them in.

My UCA bushes at the diff end seem to have a washer (spacer) at one end.

I wonder if the bushes were installed with that silicone grease that comes in the packet?

Can't imagine how they got so chewed out? I've heard alot of different experiences with Nolathane products, both good and bad. Mine have been fine though.

- John
TUFED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 10:19 PM   #54
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Youre bushes definitely havnt been installed properly or the wrong products have been used, is not suposed to wear out that quickly no matter what youre doing.

Have you considered solid bushes? Haha if youre planning race-use then thats the way to go.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 10:19 PM   #55
Penelope Pitstop

Quote:

Geez Jabba - you must have really developed a taste for humble pie : :evil_laug :

OK so I only beat you by 1 tenth but in all honesty my car has a lot more power in it and now that my pit crew has cleaned out some bugs (litterally :O) then I am certain my GT has a lot more speed in it. :

And as for womens driving ability - watch your mouth boy :jab: because I am telling you that you will look damn foolish and your own driving abitity will be questioned when I smash you on the track : out:

Also should we compare reaction times Matt? If I remember correctly my reaction times absolutely rock over yours... :thebirds:

I am more than happy to let Lynton have some more runs in the GT to see if he can improve on my run times because at the end of the day as long as one of my cars is beating you Matt - I am a happy camper! :P
Old 05-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #56
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Geez Jabba - you must have really developed a taste for humble pie : :evil_laug :

OK so I only beat you by 1 tenth but in all honesty my car has a lot more power in it and now that my pit crew has cleaned out some bugs (litterally :O) then I am certain my GT has a lot more speed in it. :

And as for womens driving ability - watch your mouth boy :jab: because I am telling you that you will look damn foolish and your own driving abitity will be questioned when I smash you on the track : out:

Also should we compare reaction times Matt? If I remember correctly my reaction times absolutely rock over yours... :thebirds:

I am more than happy to let Lynton have some more runs in the GT to see if he can improve on my run times because at the end of the day as long as one of my cars is beating you Matt - I am a happy camper! :P
replyed Via PM....................Thread going off track, because of me,,,,, Sorry Drew

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 06-02-2006, 01:01 AM   #57
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Again my thread was hijacked by morgan park and the never ending battle between Jabba and PirtekGirl. (i think its funny everyone else posted in between it all)

Im honestly chessed off at this whole situation. I have replacement nolathane bushes on the passenger seat ready to go but will only put them in if they are done under warrenty.

whats the chances of getting that?

*thinks of driving car off the nearest cliff*
Old 06-02-2006, 01:31 AM   #58
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
*thinks of driving car off the nearest cliff*
oh dear... drew sweety...... you can't do that...
It can't be as bad as all that... at least your beast didn't get sick the other night.. just wanted to keep powering on... e

besides, Hot men in Hot cars are just to far and few between lovey :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 06:59 PM   #59
s2 13bt
Starter Motor

I'd say they weren't properly greased when they were installed, and as mentioned the car was on stands when it was tightened down. Possibly putting wierd forces on the bushes when the weight was put on the suspension.

I'd go somewhere else to get it rectified. I'd also send those pics in an email to nolathane and get their opinion on the situation. They may have some useful advice if nothing else.
s2 13bt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 12:04 AM   #60
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2 13bt
I'd go somewhere else to get it rectified. I'd also send those pics in an email to nolathane and get their opinion on the situation. They may have some useful advice if nothing else.
Thats a top idea, Ill do that. Im getting standard arms put back in it with different bushes, $100 per side. whats the bet im getting rogered again?

Il will e-mail nolathane and see what responce i get from them.