Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #31
FPV GT40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
How do you get around the "Staff only beyond this point" signs ;)
Ha ha Just ignore them mate it is your car, just ask them what they have to hide...I know they are there for the public liability thing, since I do not get involved in the work, and stay far enough away from the car to be out of harms way it has not really been an issue. Obviously you have to stay safe and out of the way of any work, but do not go and do your shopping while some bloke you have never met works on your 70K car unlikely.
FPV GT40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #32
FPV GT40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
that dealership should have their licence removed full stop!
I second that, people should be made to pay in a big way, as they are in a position of trust, and they abuse it.
FPV GT40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 06:29 PM   #33
peter j

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA5.4XR
when i first bought the XR8 i took it too a western syd ford dealer to get some warranty work done (pm if you would like to know the name of the dealer) - Actually, stuff it, it was Windsor Ford.
The work required the car to be left over night and when i got it back the next day the agverage fuel economy was up by 2 liters and had nearly 20 kays on the clock!!! And all they had to do was start the damn thing.

When i questioned the service guy his response was "they all average that sort of economy" which my quick replay was "bull$hit" and they denied everything, even the extra kays.

I now go to Sinclar Ford for warranty work and let every one know not to use these tools.
I HAD MINE IN FOR SOME WARRANTY WORK AT A FORD DEALER JUST SOUTH OF BRISBANE THEY HAD IT ALL DAY BUT I STILL HAD TO WAIT FOR OVER 2 HOURS TO COLLECT IT AFTER THEY PHONED ME SAYING IT WOULD BE READY AT 3.30 . WHEN I LEFT I NOTICED THE FUEL GAUGE SO I CHECKED MY TRIP METER , HOLLY CRAP ALLMOST 80 KLM EXTRA AND 2 DAYS AFTER I NOTICED GREASE ON THE BACK SEAT PLUS THE FACT THAT I HAD RETURN IT TO THEM AS THEY HAD BROKEN ANOTHER PART WHEN THEY WERE WORKING ON IT , I NOW GO TO ANOTHER WORKSHOP FOR ANY SERVICE OR WARRANTY WORK .
peter j is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #34
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like a couple of mechanics will be looking for new jobs...
Looks like that Holden workshop will not be popular for some...and rightfully so.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #35
Okal
Starter Motor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIZ1rJMDLpA this was done at one of the south australian holden dealers so it doesn't really matter who you are seems like they treat all cars and owners the same.
Okal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #36
chubbz80
chubbz80

same thing happened a a tyre dealer in gladstone QLD isurence would only pay value of car and didnt even cover the loan and all the tyre mob said was we sorry here is a new set of wheels for your next car how rude i thought
chubbz80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 07:22 PM   #37
seduced_xr
BF XR6

quite an easy solution really. take the car in for a service and sit in the front of the dealership then when the mechanics do the road test u passenger the car
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #38
chubbz80
chubbz80

Quote:
Originally Posted by seduced_xr
quite an easy solution really. take the car in for a service and sit in the front of the dealership then when the mechanics do the road test u passenger the car
yep i agree
chubbz80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 09:54 PM   #39
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

when i go to my mechanics i watch him do the work and services and my mechanic all way shows me what it needs ! it more of a reason not to take it to a car dealer ship to get a car serviced
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 11:26 PM   #40
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

One way to fix this. I did it and it worked.

See, I had a 3/4 tank of fuel in my car, car serviced, nominal 15k service.
Car was driven 30k's?? For a test drive????
Yeah right.

So next time, I ran the fuel right out, saying on the DTE of 30k's.

That fixed them, as I didn't say it before, but in my way, "no no boys, no smoko run in my car".
I know my job as a mechanic would be lost in an instant, if I did this.

If they charge you for fuel, you say NO, not paying for that as you shouldn't need fuel to do a service.!
Ok for a 1 k trip (500 Metres each way), but not 30k's
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #41
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive been a dealership mechanic seen it happen, etc etc, as for using the care to run eronds etc, well the dealership I woirked for had cars for that so customers cars wernt used but when I company cars have been circusted at ford dealers (not dumping on them in particular here they just happend to be ford is all) I noticed that quite often mt car would go from almost full to having the 80k warning start whilst driving home and alwas more than 5 or 10k's for a road test (just in for a service not diagnosing tricky noises, rattels or issues with performance) so I desided form then on every time it goes in I take it in on the 80k warning and I find then it only does a 5 or 10k road test.

think about it dealer ship mechanics are just employees you can ask for there most skilled tech and the guy be hind the counter will assure you this will be the case, then toss the keys to a 1st year, if you want some one who acutaly cars what happens to your car take it to a man who owns the shop some one that has somthing to loose buy a bad reputation, Ihave with my territroy and havent looked back

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #42
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA5.4XR
when i first bought the XR8 i took it too a western syd ford dealer to get some warranty work done (pm if you would like to know the name of the dealer) - Actually, stuff it, it was Windsor Ford.
Bugger that's where I get my car serviced....First time going there I had a long conversation with the service manager about my requirements, oils used etc and I stressed that I don't want some rev head mechanic using it to go pick up lunch....He assured me that this doesn't happen there and everything would be fine...Your post has got me thinking now....How long ago was that BA5.4XR?
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #43
Macca23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
Bugger that's where I get my car serviced....First time going there I had a long conversation with the service manager about my requirements, oils used etc and I stressed that I don't want some rev head mechanic using it to go pick up lunch....He assured me that this doesn't happen there and everything would be fine...Your post has got me thinking now....How long ago was that BA5.4XR?
Pete, if you dont mind a non ford place looking at your GT try http://www.autosport.net.au/contact.htm

Gregs awsome!

That sux about this blokes monaro, It dosnt matter how expensive or cheap the car is, people property shouldnt not be mis treated!
Macca23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #44
Shounak

I'd take the XR8 to a performance shop for servicing if I didn't go to Ford.

Now that the warranty has expired I'm planning on getting Ford to just do the oil changes. I do all the other stuff myself.

Will ford continue to stamp the book if I just get a minor service (ie. oil, filter + check) service done every 15,000? Or will they require that they carry out the work that the 115,000km interval specifies before stamping it?

My dealer's pretty good. They let me supply all my own oil which I buy at trade.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #45
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Hmm one Holden off the road, that's gotta be good, right?
Yeah good on you, pity it wasnt your car.
What an absolute disgrace, these mechs need the sack never to work in the industry again. At least the dealer was named and shamed, i see a decline in business from them
Old 24-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #46
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A guy i knew in mackay left his new monaro cv8 with an local exhaust shop to have a full system fitted.
The test drive afterwards involved the fitter fishtailing the car out the driveway and smashing it into 3 parked cars! Metres from the shop entrance!
$15,000+ worth of damage and many months later the guy got his car back.
The workshop was then embroiled in a drug bust not long after that.
There would at least a few mechanics at EVERY dealership that would be happy to abuse a vehicle on a roadtest. Every place i ever worked at had bad apples.
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #47
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfr101
There would at least a few mechanics at EVERY dealership that would be happy to abuse a vehicle on a roadtest. Every place i ever worked at had bad apples.
We haven't had much of this, as it's kerbed pretty good.
We did have a guy pinch Diesel out of the tank (bowser) and resell it on. Huh, didn't last long. Cops got brought in and all. Their must of been a fuel shortage hahah.

I've seen Skid Steers (bobcats) up on 2 wheels, like mono'ing it. If you don't have a bucket on the front, it can mono at little above low idle.
But it's a common thing to see as they come in new with out buckets on them. So off loading them is very dicey as they can flip over very easily.

I've had a an 1960's 35 tonne dump truck drifting sideways on clay before. But it had to be moved and it had just been raining. Was doing about 30k's and had to get around a corner, only way was to drift it. So funny.
Ever heard a ol' detroit 2 stroke with a 6 speed manual peakin'
It was either drift it, or hit a fence as there was a slope towards the fence.
(all in the view of the boss, so it was cool)
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #48
20focus05
I wanna XR5

There was a XR5 on ebay a while back that had been written off by ford service.
Think there was a thread on here about it.

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 12:41 PM   #49
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca23
Pete, if you dont mind a non ford place looking at your GT try http://www.autosport.net.au/contact.htm

Gregs awsome!

That sux about this blokes monaro, It dosnt matter how expensive or cheap the car is, people property shouldnt not be mis treated!

Windsor to Kirawee, man you better take a cut lunch I dont go that far for my holidays

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #50
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Holden or not.... There is no excuse for that kinda of S£$%! Those mechanics need to be made 100% accountable for that (as in; made to pay the full damages!)...

Had a mate drop off his RX7 at a mechanic a while back.. I was comming home from work and saw said mate fishy tailing up the road.. Drove past me and low and behold it wasnt him driving but the mechanic...!
Old 24-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #51
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I had a mechanic replace my gearbox as I was 400km from where my usual mechanic was and I lost 2nd and 4th gear. Still drove fine in 1st and 3rd but figured I had better get it done. He replaced it but never put the small hose back on the map switch so you can imagine how the car was running. I started it and promptly walked back inside asking what he had done. He had the balls to tell me I dropped it off that way, and after 15mins would not budge. I was on the verge of smashing his face, but held my cool. I opened the bonnet and found all that was wrong was the hose had not been put back on the map sensor. Needless to say I only do things myself or get it done by the guy who has done my cars for 5 years now.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #52
FORD5

Disgraceful, but oh well its only a holden.
FORD5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #53
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

This is disgracful!, id burn down the dealership if this happened to my car!, even if it was my old nissan 4wd!!, i only let my brother work on my cars, well the XR8 goes to the local mechanic as we cant get under the Falcon as its to low to the ground to service without a hoist lol!, part from that my brother and i do all the work on our familys cars!
Old 24-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #54
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD5
but oh well its only a holden.
And? :
Old 24-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #55
congo3sr

[QUOTE=FORD5]Disgraceful, but oh well its only a holden.[/
congo3sr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #56
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

"Apparently" staff at Rick Damelian in Sydney used to belt throught the back streets while moving cars around. What they didn't know was one of their neighbours at the time was Jeff Harding, and he didn't take to kindly to them fanging down his street.... :MrT_anim:
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #57
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
It is somebody's pride and joy. Imagine if it was your car, and a mechanic did the same thing to it. I guarantee you wouldn't take too kindly to a Holden fan saying that it is 'only a Ford'.

I'm lucky that I'm confident enough to change the oil and other fluids in my Falcons. With the Territory, it was under warranty, and fair enough it went back to Ford. Luckily a Toyota Corolla is faster than it was, so other cars were probably used for hooning.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #58
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well if it wasn't for Fords I bet 95% of blokes on here would be driving Holdens....I don't subscribe to this Falcon v Commodore crap....Both cars are targeted at similar markets and are both damn fine cars for the price ......HSV or FPV - SS or XR8 - XT or Executive - Fairmont or Berlina who cares?...both friggin awesome. I've owned nothing but Fords in my 30 years of driving and am a blue oval man through and through..... but would feel just as comfortable in an R8 as i would my GT....well not quite as comfortable but not far short.

Really feel for this Monaro guy having his pride and joy disrespected like that by some idiot
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,

Last edited by ozmale42; 24-08-2008 at 07:24 PM.
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 07:43 PM   #59
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my mechanic gives my el a very spirited drive every time he gets his hands on it ( not often ) but i cant have a go at him he is my old man

if i was lucky enough to purchase a new car i prob would get him to do the work anyway but when it happens thats when i see if thats how i go

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #60
20focus05
I wanna XR5

I would never do that to one of my customers, cause if someone saw you doing that kind of stuff, word of mouth is a strong marketing tool.
That would nearly mean all over red rover for business or would at least lose you a lot of business.
Well lets hope it hurts them in their pocket in the way of business.
Just dumb.
If one of our mechanics did that it would be out the door for them.

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post