Old 20-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #31
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO
:

Yeah!

Drive into a corner in an XR8 and feel it understeer! sleep:

For it's size and bulk front end grip felt ok to me but i did only push it HARD through one corner so not much to go on there....... problem is though even if it did understeer a little I couldn't have given a rats!...

Are you saying that you do not enjoy driving a BA xr8? I found that despite some of it's probable shortcomings I just couldn't care less while that bulge is in front of me and that exhaust note is behind me lol!! (by the way these aren't the only things I enjoyed about the car). It's not like I would be driving it like a racing car through corners if i bought it anyway, but thats just my preference.
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 11:15 AM   #32
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Drive into a corner in an xr8 and stand on it mid way through and it'll step out and billow smoke from the back wheels as it lays 2 thick black lines, an xr6T will slide and squeel with tiny puffs of smoke if it's lucky. That the bluge and the glorious v8 sound just leaves no competition.
thought this could get a few takers! lol
Old 20-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #33
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

I reckon the best ford V8 at the moment is a Fairmont Ghia V8 with the 6 speed auto. It'll cost about the same as the XR8, but has a nicer, quieter interior. While it may not be as quick down the quarter, the better torque curve will make it feel better. If you want the best V8 regardless of brand, get a 6l Clubsport...$49,990 now...thats cheaper than an XR8, but will crap all over it.
Old 20-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #34
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockel
thought this could get a few takers! lol
It always will mate, there's a few out there who belive their little boosted 6 is the be all and end all of fords line up.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #35
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citric XR6
I reckon the best ford V8 at the moment is a Fairmont Ghia V8 with the 6 speed auto. It'll cost about the same as the XR8, but has a nicer, quieter interior. While it may not be as quick down the quarter, the better torque curve will make it feel better. If you want the best V8 regardless of brand, get a 6l Clubsport...$49,990 now...thats cheaper than an XR8, but will crap all over it.
Ok grandad. In your opinion the Clubbie is better, i'd rather have my xr8 anyday.
Old 20-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #36
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

The styling of the holden is just far too sharp in my opinion, the softer, yet aggressive lines of the ba/bf will always be attractive, as they're square yet curvy. The cycle of car shapes will always go around and around in circles, boxy, curvy, boxy, curvy, but a car that incorporates both aspects will always look relatively modern.

The 6.0 may have more grunt but the overall appeal of the xr8 wins in my opinion.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #37
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
Ok grandad. In your opinion the Clubbie is better, i'd rather have my xr8 anyday.
Yeah, I'd rather have the XR8/GT too...if it had another half a litre or so...:
Old 20-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #38
djjase
IT JUST GET'S BETTER

So you spend more money not only to buy it but also in petrol and insurance to own a XR8 over the XR6T just for the sound and the bulge ?? Doesnt make sense especially when the XR6T will be waving to you as it rips your ИИИИ off. Doesnt it feel funny being in a big V8 only to be beaten by a 6 cyl ? When I want a real V8 sound I take my XA 351 Cleavland for a drive. See if you can hear your XR8 over the noise she makes even with your bulge it doesnt come close to what a real v8 sounds like.
djjase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #39
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Yeah but not everyone has two cars (or more, in your case).

Man this has turned into a b1tchfight, we all love our respective cars, it's all down to individual choice, as someone has already said. If you love your car, you don't need someone else to love it, because it's your own car, let's all just respect each other's choices
Old 20-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #40
gtfpv
GT

xr6t and xr8 and gt fuel consumption are all within 10% of each other and thirsty . so what ****ers buy these cars and then crap on about economy?????
V8 ANYDAY AND EVERYDAY . . F6 YEAH YEAH. if price is an option then the cheapest is xr6t .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 01:32 PM   #41
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
xr6t and xr8 and gt fuel consumption are all within 10% of each other and thirsty . so what ****ers buy these cars and then crap on about economy?????
V8 ANYDAY AND EVERYDAY . . F6 YEAH YEAH. if price is an option then the cheapest is xr6t .
Exactly.
Old 20-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #42
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Quote:
Are you saying that you do not enjoy driving a BA xr8?
Well having driven XR8s on various test drives (yes, I did think about getting one myself) it just didn't have the pace of the XR6T, plus it felt (obviously) heavier in the front end, which caused a bit of front end push.

I am just stating my opinon and what I experienced. I just find it hard to justify paying more for something that is slower, thirstier and doesn't handle as well as the XR6T. It is just my preference for handling over straight line speed that made me pick the T. If I wanted a cruiser I would get the XR8, simple as that.

I suggest you take both cars for a drive anyway, its a pretty stupid statement saying you don't even need to drive another model of car.. It's like buying the first house you ever look at.

Senseless.

:party3:
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #43
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Well having driven XR8s on various test drives (yes, I did think about getting one myself) it just didn't have the pace of the XR6T, plus it felt (obviously) heavier in the front end, which caused a bit of front end push.

I am just stating my opinon and what I experienced. I just find it hard to justify paying more for something that is slower, thirstier and doesn't handle as well as the XR6T. It is just my preference for handling over straight line speed that made me pick the T. If I wanted a cruiser I would get the XR8, simple as that.

I suggest you take both cars for a drive anyway, its a pretty stupid statement saying you don't even need to drive another model of car.. It's like buying the first house you ever look at.

Senseless.

i agree and disagree . but why would you go into a house if you dont like the outside of it. pointless.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 02:11 PM   #44
WASP
Whipple Induced

lol, the age old dicussion once again. Put simply:

Good = XR6T :Reverend:
Evil = XR8

Either way, both great but in different ways. You decide.:togo:
Old 20-02-2006, 02:12 PM   #45
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Exactly, i really don't see what all this fighting is about..

Maybe the thread should be renamed to a Poll on your desired FPV.
Old 20-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #46
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Drive into a corner in an xr8 and stand on it mid way through and it'll step out and billow smoke from the back wheels as it lays 2 thick black lines, an xr6T will slide and squeel with tiny puffs of smoke if it's lucky. That the bluge and the glorious v8 sound just leaves no competition.
Is this what you mean.

Morganpark.wmv (0.985mb)

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #47
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It always will mate, there's a few out there who belive their little boosted 6 is the be all and end all of fords line up.
So who cares, let them think that. What do you think will happen tho when you add a little boast to a real engine (BOSS). It byby time for the T/F6. they just will never get will they.... There is no substute for cubic inches...

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 20-02-2006, 05:11 PM   #48
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

nice corner drift
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #49
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Senseless.

Fair enough I wasn't having a go mate. In fact it is your opinions i was after obviously!

In regard to taking both cars for a drive and my statement being stupid - I agree but the main piont of the thread was that the xr8 really surprised me and the title of the thread was a bit of ИИИИ stirring - which is obviously working!!!!! lol

By the way I agree with what other people have said, that we are lucky to have the two cars to choose from.
Old 20-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #50
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also I wouldn't buy a clubsport because as has been mentioned I find the look of them....well different and not to my taste. Also I prefer fords generally, but that does not mean i would not buy a holdern. Maybe you would get over the look of the clubsport once you planted the foot!!!!

So maybe the xr8 looks better but goes worse and the clubsport looks worse and goes better!!!!!! - Which means I'm a poser!!!!! lol
Old 20-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #51
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I know that at the end of the day i haven't driven the turbo yet but I cannot believe how much i enjoyed the xr8 i was very much soso until i drove it (although i obviously liked the look of it).
I'd still recommend you go do yourself a favour and drive them one after the other before you make your decision. You'd only be denying yourself your honest impression if you bought the XR8 without even driving the XR6T. If it doesn't sway you - great, but at least you'd know you looked at both options

They are both great cars and each have their advantages. You'll know what you love after you drive them both, go with your heart : To many people don't give the other option it's credit - they are both beautiful examples of aussie motoring muscle.

Last edited by Deadman; 20-02-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #52
Aeron
DJR Fan

I like the wheel spin factor of the XR8 over the XR6T. There is this XR8 that I see at work. When he drives out of the car park, he sets off slow in 1st then pops it into 2nd with a boot full, and it smokes the tyres. My XR6T cant do that :( :(
When i see a BA XR8 or GT out on the road, I feel lower in the food chane... because I am.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #53
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have just came back from a drive in a DJR-320 with a Vortex supercharger and giggle gas... My final words are. If you want a fast stock car, get yourself a T/F6. If you want a car with soul and will leave a T/F6 for dead, Then get the BOSS and Supercharge it. A turbo 6 wont stand a chance against a SC 260/290....

By the way, the DJR was simply orgasmic.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 20-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #54
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
I have just came back from a drive in a DJR-320 with a Vortex supercharger and giggle gas... My final words are. If you want a fast stock car, get yourself a T/F6. If you want a car with soul and will leave a T/F6 for dead, Then get the BOSS and Supercharge it. A turbo 6 wont stand a chance against a SC 260/290....

By the way, the DJR was simply orgasmic.
Does the DJR have the same block as the BOSS 260/290? Remember something about it being a lighter one. I'm sure I'm wrong on this just need clarification?
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #55
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjase
So you spend more money not only to buy it but also in petrol and insurance to own a XR8 over the XR6T just for the sound and the bulge ?? Doesnt make sense especially when the XR6T will be waving to you as it rips your ИИИИ off. Doesnt it feel funny being in a big V8 only to be beaten by a 6 cyl ? When I want a real V8 sound I take my XA 351 Cleavland for a drive. See if you can hear your XR8 over the noise she makes even with your bulge it doesnt come close to what a real v8 sounds like.
Iv'e never had my ИИИИ handed to be by a stock T6. How about you line that little T6 up against my xr8 and we'll see who wins, just for kicks you can bring the XA to.

Btw what does the XA run............
Old 20-02-2006, 09:40 PM   #56
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Is this what you mean.

Morganpark.wmv (0.985mb)
Hahaha exactly mate.
Old 20-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #57
Aeron
DJR Fan

I'll race you XRQTOR. We'll film it, then host the clip. Then we can put this topic to bed. The result will be XR8 1, XR6T 0. Thats coming from an XR6T owner.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 09:44 PM   #58
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
So who cares, let them think that. What do you think will happen tho when you add a little boast to a real engine (BOSS). It byby time for the T/F6. they just will never get will they.... There is no substute for cubic inches...
Boooooost. Can't wait to see a Boss gulping down 2olb's of boost.
Old 20-02-2006, 09:46 PM   #59
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
I'll race you XRQTOR. We'll film it, then host the clip. Then we can put this topic to bed. The result will be XR8 1, XR6T 0. Thats coming from an XR6T owner.
I'm not knocking the T6 bud just knocking those who think the T6 is GOD.

Btw what mods do you have..............
Old 20-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #60
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Does the DJR have the same block as the BOSS 260/290? Remember something about it being a lighter one. I'm sure I'm wrong on this just need clarification?
It's a Boss 26o, only difference is intake, exhaust and cams.