Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #31
Wally
XP Coupe

Not a fan of the looks, but I can see it fitting in well with British traffic on the M's and A's.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #32
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8
If you actually read the Walkinshaw Performance page, they offer the drivetrain warranty, NOT Holden/HSV.
Name a tuner that will supercharge your FPV and cover the full 3 year 100k warranty on the driveline? I see the advantage, who cares who covers it.

I would be surprised if these are not compliant with regs. Think about, yes sir you can order your brand new GTS, you want more? How does 480kw and other enhancements sound? I am sorry sir, you will have to sort out your own registration as the enhancements are not compliant. Not good for business.

If Herrods can come up with a Yella Terra supercharger kit for the Boss that is emissions compliant, I am sure Walkinshaw can too.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #33
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Looks better than the Std E2, good on HSV/Walkinshaw for having a go at what the Market wants, We Ford Fans have been asking for a "Factory" style Performance Parts program for quite a while and lucky for the lads over on LS1, they got it!

Full Warrenty & HSV/Holden Support, who cares if it an actual "Model" or not FFS.
Yes its nice to see aftermarket companies enjoying the compliance loophole...

Who cares if its a model?? Are you for real? its no different to anything Herrods, Bluepower, CAPA, Corsa etc bring out "FFS"...
People who enjoy Factory performance vehicles will see this for what it is, a nicely hotted up aftermarket GTS.

HSV are a car manufacturer, Walkinshaw ARE NOT.

In terms of "warranty" well Walkinshaw are covering the damage not Holden.... but its a start..

Old 12-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #34
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Name a tuner that will supercharge your FPV and cover the full 3 year 100k warranty on the driveline? I see the advantage, who cares who covers it.

I would be surprised if these are not compliant with regs. Think about, yes sir you can order your brand new GTS, you want more? How does 480kw and other enhancements sound? I am sorry sir, you will have to sort out your own registration as the enhancements are not compliant. Not good for business.

If Herrods can come up with a Yella Terra supercharger kit for the Boss that is emissions compliant, I am sure Walkinshaw can too.
The way around this is the car is modified after its registered, the buyer assumes and accepts all the liability and risk. I bet there's a "contract" (read thinly veiled disclaimer/indemnity) you sign along with this too....

Old 12-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #35
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
The way around this is the car is modified after its registered, the buyer assumes and accepts all the liability and risk. I bet there's a "contract" (read thinly veiled disclaimer/indemnity) you sign along with this too....
Time to read the fine print. Every comment here is pure speculation until someone actually asks.

What amazes me is this car gets slammed here, even though it is what we all dream of from Ford.

If this was a FPV and done by Herrods, everyone here would be beating their chests on how good Ford is and burning rubber down to the local dealer to investigate what the changeover on their current FPV is, regardless of it not being full "factory" build.

Because it is from the red corner, it hasn't been done properly.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #36
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
Can you list all of these non-Aussie performance alternatives.
!
Ok well someone mentioned $140k, lets say the bracket is $120-140k.

I dont buy wheels or motor anymore but Im sure you do, so flip to the back and have a look at the range, dont discount coupe sports cars also because I highly doubt these things are taken to schools or to Coles/Woolies.

There are heaps.

Quote:
In which you can get EPA'd at anytime?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #37
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Time to read the fine print. Every comment here is pure speculation until someone actually asks.

What amazes me is this car gets slammed here, even though it is what we all dream of from Ford.

If this was a FPV and done by Herrods, everyone here would be beating their chests on how good Ford is and burning rubber down to the local dealer to investigate what the changeover on their current FPV is, regardless of it not being full "factory" build.

Because it is from the red corner, it hasn't been done properly.
Im not sure what you mean by that, Herrods offer exactly the same level of aftermarket support?, They'll build you want ever you want just like Walkinshaw do?

This is not a Holden/HSV initiative, its a Walkinshaw parts "pack" offer..

Holden just seem to have more aftermarket tuners, because lets face it, they sell more cars to people who like to "Mod"...

Old 12-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #38
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd take this in a heartbeat over that thing.

trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #39
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal

In which you can get EPA'd at anytime?
If the well to do 40-50 year old male that is financial enough to have a 140k muscle car (the demographic with the largest representation in HSV new car buyers), gets EPA'd and cops fines in his brand new Walkinshaw enhanced GTS, don't you think that would be pretty bad for future reputation and sales?

I think it would, Walkinshaw are no dummies and I would suggest they have this angle covered.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #40
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Im not sure what you mean by that, Herrods offer exactly the same level of aftermarket support?, They'll build you want ever you want just like Walkinshaw do?
What I mean is will Herrods cover your entire drivetrain for the duration of your 3 year/100,000 km new car warranty, including gearbox, diff etc?
Old 12-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #41
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What I mean is will Herrods cover your entire drivetrain for the duration of your 3 year/100,000 km new car warranty, including gearbox, diff etc?
Id doubt it! I wouldnt!
But then again i'm sure there are caveats and conditions on what Walkinshaw actually cover...
I get the feeling you have to buy the full package to qualify. @ $140K its a pretty expensive aftermarket toy.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #42
Wally
XP Coupe

So do cars like these take away the lustre of any future GTHO? 480kW with balance of new car warranty is fairly appealing. Of course a GTHO would need to be race bred and have track cudos to wear the badge?
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #43
1streetmachine1

wouldnt wee on it if it was on fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka

this on the other hand is mint
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #44
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Trust me... it doesn't meet EPA's and ADR's.......
Walkinshaw was set up primarily to dodge that bullet because aftermarket tuners can produce kits without having to meet ADR's.
When you buy one you don't buy a Walkinshaw 480 GTS, you buy a HSV GTS, the extra stuff is treated as add ons... Calling it a "model" is a bit misleading because it isn't a HSV model as such, its a std GTS modified by Walkinshaw
How would they go with warranty on a vehicle that is technically illegal?
Old 12-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #45
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON

Very good question, it would all be a matter for the fine print.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #46
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Ok well someone mentioned $140k, lets say the bracket is $120-140k......
I can't see any with a 480kw / 800nm Supercharged V8.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #47
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
So what does this do for the W427? It will is/was more expensive and less powerful than this, wouldn't be very happy if I owned one, its been replaced already.
Waaa-hey! 11 posts until W427 copped a mention! Are we slipping or what?!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #48
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
I'd take this in a heartbeat over that thing.

I prefer my dinner plates on my kitchen table, not as wheels on a car and my square salad bowl sitting next to it, not on the rear of a car. So impractical, what where they thinking?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #49
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Quote:
But then again i'm sure there are caveats and conditions on what Walkinshaw actually cover...
This is what i was wondering...i wouldn't want to get caught between a 'HSV is supposed to cover it' and 'Walkinshaw is supposed to cover it' battle. I would be checking to make sure the lines are clearly marked on who covers what. I'm not even sure if thats possible.

It's bad enough with an aftermarket LPG setup dealing with Factory Warranty claims let alone this monster setup.

Then again, if you can afford this kind of $$$ then i'm assuming you have the $$$ to pay up when both companies wash their hands in dispute.

At $140,000 there would WANT to be some form of Warranty. Sure XFT/Bluepower etc dont have a Warranty but at $50,000 for an XR6T and then $30,000 for after market gear i still have another $60,000 left over to cover as much 'warranty' as i like.

I dont think many people here are disputing that this is a cool package, it's the way it's been portrayed that is getting up everyones goat. More spin.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #50
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inducted_Breeze
I dont think many people here are disputing that this is a cool package, it's the way it's been portrayed that is getting up everyones goat. More spin.
Spot on.

Personally i think its an insult to our intelligence and an insult to people who place inherent faith and see "value" in what the Factories produce to compare modified vehicles like these with factory offerings.
Companies like HSV and FPV have to comply with much tighter and conservative standards, aftermarket companies are largely open slather.

Nothing at all wrong with the car.... but no point what so ever comparing it with factory produced vehicles, because both play and conform to totally different rules.....

Last edited by 4Vman; 12-02-2010 at 07:43 PM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #51
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

^^ What in Gods name is that? I swear these guys get their inspiration from drawings 10yr olds send in to street machine. Yuck.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #52
BOSHOG
avenge me

it still reminds me of "the homer" that uncle herb made. i like all the changes they made to E2, but not all on the one bloody car!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #53
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
Mutually exclusive i would have thought? 1 has nothing to do with the other...

Old 12-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #54
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
I prefer my dinner plates on my kitchen table, not as wheels on a car and my square salad bowl sitting next to it, not on the rear of a car. So impractical, what where they thinking?

The styling is retro 80's VK, guess you had to be there.....

And yes I'd take a (new) blue meanie over this new monstrosity any day.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #55
kezzer

both cars look mint, good on walkinshire for giving this a go!
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #56
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doesn't anyone remember the 400kw CSV coupes of only a couple of years ago?
Or the DJR 320?
How about the supercharged V8 Bullet from Yatala?

The Walkinshaw is no different from a "Nizpro F6" or a "Herrods XR8" or whatever.

It is only the name that is purposely confusing.

The simple test is: Can you buy one NEW?

And you can't, you have to buy a HSV and then deliver it to Walkinshaw.

If walkinshaw sold it new then by LAW they would have to cover the warranty of the whole vehicle just as FPV and HSV must cover the warranty of the non FPV/HSV bits e.g. the ICC or SATNAV or aircon or rear view mirror etc.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #57
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Spot on.

Personally i think its an insult to our intelligence and an insult to people who place inherent faith and see "value" in what the Factories produce to compare modified vehicles like these with factory offerings.
Companies like HSV and FPV have to comply with much tighter and conservative standards, aftermarket companies are largely open slather.

Nothing at all wrong with the car.... but no point what so ever comparing it with factory produced vehicles, because both play and conform to totally different rules.....

Very true, the tricks will be in the fine print and I am sure most with the money to spend on these will have the intelligence to have a read, you would hope.

I think at best these will be very limited in volume sold and more volume will come from the sale of component groups rather than the full package.

Quote:
Doesn't anyone remember the 400kw CSV coupes of only a couple of years ago?
Or the DJR 320?
How about the supercharged V8 Bullet from Yatala?

The Walkinshaw is no different from a "Nizpro F6" or a "Herrods XR8" or whatever.

It is only the name that is purposely confusing.

The simple test is: Can you buy one NEW?

And you can't, you have to buy a HSV and then deliver it to Walkinshaw.

If walkinshaw sold it new then by LAW they would have to cover the warranty of the whole vehicle just as FPV and HSV must cover the warranty of the non FPV/HSV bits e.g. the ICC or SATNAV or aircon or rear view mirror etc.
Interesting points. Who covered the components of the DJR 320 (based on XR8) that were not DJR components, eg base body panels, ICC etc?

You could order a DJR 320 which was a XR8 that was delivered for modification and then delivered to you, who covered what on that warranty and why is it this vehicle could not be similar? Considering Walkinshaw is in joint venture with holden forming HSV, any HSV dealership could be a point of sale and servicing for this car.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #58
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Just wait till HSV get their hands on the S/C LS9 from the new corvette. As for the warranty, how much would the mods actually cost at trade prices. Maybe whatever is left over, which i assume would be a large chunk of your investment is left in reserve for any warranty issues. J
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #59
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Looks better than the Std E2, good on HSV/Walkinshaw for having a go at what the Market wants, We Ford Fans have been asking for a "Factory" style Performance Parts program for quite a while and lucky for the lads over on LS1, they got it!

Full Warrenty & HSV/Holden Support, who cares if it an actual "Model" or not FFS.
Certain performance shops are given the OK from Ford for Factory warranty for certain modifications, that still does not make it a Factory model which means its just another M oded SS Commode with after market parts.
cosmo20btt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #60
weenie

I would put my money on it being emissions compliant. I know i read that their earlier versions were. It is the same with the twin turbo kits available for the VE that are full emissions compliant & signed off. Nothing like 400rwkw of street legal emissions compliant 6.2 LTT grunt.
Cmon boys sour grapes in some posts.
You would be creaming your pants if herrod or others did something similar. Heres hoping that the coyote lives up to all the hype.
I will believe it when i see it. :
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post