Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #31
The Mighty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOV3
http://groups.msn.com/groov3/manifold.msnw?Page=Last

have a look at the pics i just took, these are my plugs, 3rd and 4th are the worst 1st and 2nd arent nearly as bad
Looks to me like a pretty bad design fault , I still can't believe these plugs are from a new car! Good luck with it.
Old 14-08-2005, 12:15 AM   #32
RedStar71

Well I think we have finally found the gremlin! It has to be the moisture in the plugs! My plugs were rusty but not that bad. I am still getting the misfire after Ford "fixed it" three times!
Well will have to see if we can fix it somehow.
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2005, 05:09 PM   #33
RedStar71

A new thing to think about was mentioned to me last night by a co-worker.
We may need a "European Tune Up".....
In Europe a lot of people don't go very far or for long in their cars. They end up with new cars that also idle terribly with just a few thousand km's on the cars. When they take them into the service centers they usually get told to take the car for a "European Tune Up" which is just a 200km run on the autobahn at a good speed one way and 200km back. The point is our cars may not be getting enough running time. That means that the engine can have time to build up condensation in parts, the fuel injectors can get gummed up, ect. My Fiesta is 15 months old and has only just hit 15000km! As my mate said the car is just a "baby". The manual even says that if we don't make 15000km in one year that there can be unusual wear on the engine. I think there may be something to the fact that we only drive them short distances. Anyone out there with long distances on their Fiesta getting the same problems we are with rusty plugs and misfiring?
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2005, 05:33 PM   #34
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

havent checked mine just yet.
But wondering, if they are rusty how could we go by cleaning the rust away.

+ our engine is alloy, why is any of it rusting
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :

Last edited by Timmeh; 22-08-2005 at 06:45 PM.
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2005, 05:41 PM   #35
GROOV3
Rollin

nah its not the dist driving ive done 18k now
and i drive atleast 40mins a day and a fair bit of it is reving it how a engine should be reved.
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2005, 06:30 PM   #36
0xyg3n

I'm almost up to my 45k service work is about 40mins drive away. I haven't checked for rust but I can say that I dont have any misfire or rough idle problems.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2005, 07:09 PM   #37
GROOV3
Rollin

my idle wasnt very rough or noticiable but i checked because i saw this thread and turns out mine was one of the worst worth a check
Old 22-08-2005, 06:49 PM   #38
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
havent checked mine just yet.
But wondering, if they are rusty how could we go by cleaning the rust away.

+ our engine is alloy, why is any of it rusting
As I have mentioned before, make sure no-one cleans that part of the engine without the spark plugs in place to stop any contaminants entering the cylinder.

Mitch, I think you'll find the only thing that is rusting is the non-alloy spark plugs, the engine head should be fine.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2005, 10:15 PM   #39
Fez WQ

Have a look at this it may be the problem you car is having with rusty plugs
http://www.ukfiestanetwork.com/index...67097&hl=shake
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2005, 10:56 AM   #40
GROOV3
Rollin

yeah already seen that thread and posted in it. ford didnt want to have a bar of it, said that wouldnt do anything. pffft JARVIS Ford big thumbs down, lol i never heard back from the service review i sent back stating i wuld never buy a car from them again wouldnt recomend them and the staff wernt up to scratch.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #41
sca
Starter Motor

Hi all, I am a new Fez owner and i have had my MK6 since June 06 I have done just over 5,000 Ks no problems to date. Today I lifted the aircleaner box and inspected the sparkplugs, they are clean and dry no signs of moisture, i also use a high pressure carwash and I do notice steam comming out from under the bonnet. On inspection i can not see any sign of water getting on to the leads or plugs. the boot seals on my Fez have a triple seals on the rubber boot which seem very water tight.
sca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post