Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
And then get charged for having a radar detector in the car???

Good advice
Its legal in WA isnt it?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #32
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
And then get charged for having a radar detector in the car???

Good advice
Except he is in Perth and they are legal in WA.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #33
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ohhh... the only state without legislation?? wowee... there is a first
Im surprised actually.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #34
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

I'm moving to W.A
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #35
Ross-b
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFlash
Obviously p platers are new and inexperienced drivers and still learning everyday, to prove this they have "P" on their car.

Why punish them while they are trying to learn?

More over, regular experienced drivers are on the threshold of losing their full licence over speed cameras (just one example) for exceeding the speed limit by 5 to 8k/ph, ofcourse over a period time. 3 years, 12 points is more than enough time to lose your licence in this fashion.

Sure if you do stupid stuff you deserve to lose points or your licence, but not from normal orthodox driving, where on an occassion you can go over the limit slightly like the whole world does.

How the hell is a learning driver (p plater) suppose to get a fair shot at learning and life and have a criminal record (recorderd driving offences are possibly considered as a criminal record?) against them for minor infringements while learning.

It's ridiculous.
minor infringments dont give a criminal record
things like 30 or 45 ks over the limit or dangerous bac levels can though

by the end of that long period on your L's i dont see how a p plater is still learning the ropes
the basics should be known
being a p plater is about being taught that these laws arent a joke

dw i have been caught for stupid things in the past
but i learnt from both those occasions

Recent Car
Ross-b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #36
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Red P in NSW will lose there licence even if they are going less then 10 ks over.
Really? Should have lost mine plenty of times. But losing it wouldent have done anything but make me ride to work. Didnt endager myself or anyone....

People have mentioned experience. Ok everyone, what defines experience? How many years you have held a drivers licence? or...How long you have been driving for? or... How many k's you do?... How much driving you have done in all conditions aswell as kms?...How long you've held your licence and how often you drive? .......

Im on my reds, i have nearly been taken out by 3 FULL LICENCED motorists, one decided to come up parallel to me on the highway (had my indicator on for a while giving plenty of warning, driver kept coming in fast) and i couldent merge into the lane so was forced off the road. That what i get for keeping left. The twit was doing well under 90 before the merge and then after the merge.
Another time was a CRV trying to change lanes into me, swerved to avoid, layed into horn (yes horn is illegal but made sure he got back into his own lane). If he tryed that 1.5 seconds later id have been forced into the M5 motorway onramp splitter or copped a sideful of honda.
And another time was an express van cutting headon into my lane in a slight curve under a bridge. Swerving saved the day yet again. I always check whos around me, never know when your going to need the extra room...

But of course im still the bad guy right?

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #37
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

ross you raise a good point however being a p plater can last a few years with varying levels of experience, skill, confidence etc..

i have seen some p platers out there particularly women who are driving scared in some road situtations and when you are scared you can forget everything, even the most basic things. the boy p platers think they are bullet proof and also have too much ego to admit they are scared.

in fact I would say some fully experienced drivers have some driving fears, like being next to a truck, driving between tight gaps, avoiding freeways, reverse parking etc... these people live with these fears for 20 or 30 years and they tremble when they are confronted with their fears.

anyway I'm on your side pal (p platers) i am in my mid 30s i don't have to worry about Ls, Ps etc... but I have 3 kids and 2 of them are girls and I want to see them have a fair shot driving.

my son is 16 just got his Ls, daughter 14 still has a couple of years and the other is too young to worry about it.

all younglings need a "fair go" and need to survive a mistake or two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross-b
dw i have been caught for stupid things in the past
but i learnt from both those occasions
.......you needed 2 goes to learn?
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #38
2.8L Hilux
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEaaron
It is not making safer drivers it is making hesitant, paranoid drivers.
Dead right. I remember being on my red P's and constantly having to watch the speedo. Ensuring you are exactly to the speed limit is a distraction more then anything.